Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,426 members, 7,815,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

The Body And Mind Preparation - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Body And Mind Preparation (268 Views)

9 Daily Routine For Healthy Body And Mind / Great Discoveries And Mind Blowing Facts(graphic Pictures) / Pls Suggest Good Text Books For JAMB Preparation!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Body And Mind Preparation by BalogunIdowu(m): 11:47pm On Apr 12, 2019

"To achieve something, body and mind needs to be equally prepared"

This particular post is coming as a function of my recent experience I had on my weekend routine jogging after a long break due to some reasons that are either due to laziness or consistency deficiency syndrome (don't go finding that in a medical dictionary).

About a week earlier and for the first time, I decided to follow the Murtala Mohammed Airport route for my Saturday jogging which I did and covered a good distance at a stretch. Fast forward to the following week, I intended to follow the same route primarily because I wanted to surpass my earlier world record. At about some minutes to 7AM, I set out for my adventure in the heart of Ikeja. The morning was calm, the sun was still somnambulating, the high way cars were scantily speeding and my sneakers was married to the cool tarred road, my body system began to change to accommodate the whole process.

My mind was definitely prepared to hit another record but at the onset, I had doubted it because my body wasn't going to let go but yeah I continued to maintain my pace as I meet several people along the road doing the same fitness exercise. I have passed a number a number of landmarks and was on sight with my last record stopping point. At that point, I was motivating myself to at least get there even though I was sure I couldn't beat my old record at a stretch again.
My mind was ready, it was set but my body wasn't done with the go thing and couldn't proceed further so I had to stop and walk the rest down. I was sad I  didn't beat my goal but didn't feel too bad because I know I'll still have more chance to cover up. I remember my brother commenting when I posted the situation on Facebook by advising to go in groups to motivate me along. I definitely did not disagree with him because I surely do get along with other people most times. But however I noted so that he could as well as others realise that Motivation can only build endurance but not add any more energy out of the expended!

In succinct terms, there are lots of things we prepare in our mind for but if our body is not set for them, then we are just not totally ready. Note however that I haven't said we couldn't set out for them but we may not achieve the expected results as it ought to be. For instance we may want to read, twenty pages at a go and at some point, at page eight, we begin to perhaps get tired not because we want to be lazy but because our body is not in the state to move on. We need to be flexible if we want productivity and not just activity.

Another example is that Muslims around the world like myself are already on the look out for the holy month of Ramadan by the grace of God. They need to be prepared for it. They need to be prepared with their minds and well as their body by doing necessary checkups to see their fitness before then and perhaps get necessary treatment. If all these are not done, then sickness may prevent an individual from doing so even if their minds wanted to.

These two things discussed herein are not mutually exclusive and therefore need to be in harmony to achieve a goal or for an activity to give the utmost productivity. I hope it is beneficial.

https://balogunidowu./2019/04/12/the-body-and-mind-preparation/

BALOGUN IDOWU ISMAHEEL
400L, medical student
LASU
indigenousGenius

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

New Post Alert @ www.naijatechinfo.com / How To Learn A New Language Fast In Three Easy Steps / Activist Appeals To Nnmadi Azikiwe University Vice Chancellor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.