Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,268 members, 7,846,256 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Yar'adua - A Curse In Disguise - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua - A Curse In Disguise (2655 Views)

Turai Yar'adua: A Silent But Influential First Lady / Is Yar'adua A Tribalistic President? / El-rufai - My Support For Yar'adua A Mistake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yar'adua - A Curse In Disguise by dayokanu(m): 4:00pm On May 02, 2007
I bet you would rather your dad save money in bank and he does not pay your school fees, the wall of your house is collapsing, and the family are sick all is well as long as you have a very fat family account?
Re: Yar'adua - A Curse In Disguise by Seun(m): 9:18pm On May 02, 2007
We are adults here, not children. The government is not our daddy. We can make decisions for ourselves, thanks.
Re: Yar'adua - A Curse In Disguise by dayokanu(m): 8:59am On May 03, 2007
@ Seun,

Guess you were born an adult. if you were, not all people were born as adult many passed through childhood when their parent have to fend for them.
If you were saying private sector should take over everything including road construction, and security of live and property, police, election conduct, e.t.c then what is the use of the tax we pay to govt is it just for some peole to savein banks? or to use the tax in providing basic amenities.
Re: Yar'adua - A Curse In Disguise by Backslider(m): 12:28pm On May 04, 2007
I guess what suen is saying is GROW UP DAYO
Re: Yar'adua - A Curse In Disguise by Bankole01(m): 5:19pm On May 04, 2007
@GNature
Thanks for the insight into the man's record as governor of KATSINA, a man not known nor liked in his own neighborhood will disappear when it come to a whole Federal government. (of course we have baba Iyabo lurking in the corner running the puppet governmet)

Just imagine how many indegenes will be confused not to talk of foreign nationals when he gives a speech like the following:

Sank you, sank you, my pellow Naijurians por ze goodwill messages.

I want to sank you por not boting por me as fresident of ze Pederal Refublic of Naijuria. But I received ze most imfortant botes prom Fresident Obasanjo and INEC. Zis is why I have now been declared ze winner of ze elections and ze fresident-elect of ze Pederal Refublic of Naijuria. Nagode to Obasanjo and nagode to INEC, for zia beri beri imfortant suffort.

Ze pirst task of my new gwament is to fray por feace and stability in Naijuria. I will now ask all ze depeated fresidential candidates to join me in a gwament of national unity. So I will bring back my priends like Atiku, General Babangida and Buhari into my new gwament.

I sink Atiku will be good as ze new head of ze EFCC. Fresident Obasanjo should not worry about my gwament frobing him, gaskiya, at least until apter May 29. Babangida will be ze new minister por pinance, and Buhari will be in charge of ze ministry of War Against Indiscifline.

My fipul, ze task bepore us is a great one, walahi talahi. I don't know where to start, but I want to ashuwa you zat I will act in consultation with all ze emirs and imams.

I am now going to Germany por treatment por exhaustion prom making zis sfeech. I shall be back por ze swearing in ceremony, insha Allahu.

One Nigeria, one Fee-Di-Fee, Fower to ze fipul.

Umaru Musa Yar'Adua
Fresident ‘Select’, Pederal Gwament op Naijuria
Re: Yar'adua - A Curse In Disguise by IykeD1(m): 8:24pm On May 04, 2007
@bankole01

What exactly is your point? Are you in anyway suggesting that he may be dumb simply because he has
some Hausa accent? I hope that's not what you are driving at. He was still the best candidate out of
those who had any real chance of winning the last election. Case closed.

Maybe he has not performed the 8th wonder of the world in Katsina, but is it not refreshing that he is still
described as a corrupt-free and a man of integrity even by journalists where those same foreign dignitaries
whom you are so concerned about come from? Saying integrity and corrupt-free in one sentence is almost
unheard of when describing Nigerian leaders.
Re: Yar'adua - A Curse In Disguise by igoicum(m): 8:27pm On May 04, 2007
Re: Yar'adua - A Curse In Disguise by Bankole01(m): 9:12pm On May 04, 2007
Just because one has an accent does not make him dumb. That is not corrupt is debatable, that has already been refuted in his declaration of assets where he claimed N500 million, an astronomical figure compared to his asset declaration of 2003.

That he won the (s)election, depends on whose side you are on, PDP or people who saw the glaring inconsistencies and shenanigans called April general (s)elections. What primaries did he win?

Lets face it the man is a non-performer, like it or not. He didn't do anything with Katsina and he is unable to fathom what to do with Nigeria. He doesn't even have the guts to pick his own cabinet, saying he will simply use the ho hum cabinet of Obasanjo.

Tell me what this portrays of the gentle humdrum man who is not even known nor like by his own people.
This past charade was just a continuation of Obasanjo government by proxy and the success of 'third term'.
Re: Yar'adua - A Curse In Disguise by McKren(m): 6:34pm On May 06, 2007
There is no point attacking what Yaradua did or did not do in Katsina. I dont think anyone thinks he is some genius that will transform Nigeria. What we lack in this country is not ideas, ideas can always be hired by getting the best hands in your cabinet. What we do actually lack is the genuine desire to make a difference by those at the helm of affairs and that is priceless cos it can not be bought.
If Yaradua can run his government with sincerity and genuine desire to make a difference then there is hope.

Another point is that at this point in our National history we are so in need of genarational shift. Atiku and Buhari does not represent this shift, that is what this whole thing is about.
Re: Yar'adua - A Curse In Disguise by 9ja4eva: 5:03am On May 07, 2007
Nice point

Lets hope Yar Adua performs
Re: Yar'adua - A Curse In Disguise by Kobojunkie: 8:52pm On May 29, 2009
Roflmao!!
Re: Yar'adua - A Curse In Disguise by bombay: 9:20pm On May 29, 2009
One parable.
Water wey you go drink no go pass your mouth.
Food wey you go chop no go pass your mouth
Yar'adua is fulfilling his destiny what about you.
Fake people you can scream and shout as much as you like when your time reach make we see watine you go fit do.
Everything in this life happens for a reason nothing happens by mistake.
Yar'adua is there now it is God's plan.
I thought you guys are religious and belief in the holy book well your pastor will be ashamed by the behaviour of some of you here.
You guys need serious over night deliverance with some flogging to cast away that you know what no be me talk am ooh grin
Re: Yar'adua - A Curse In Disguise by blacksta(m): 9:40pm On May 29, 2009
9ja4eva:

Nice point

Lets hope Yar Adua performs

2 years after - we are still hoping  Yar adua performs
Re: Yar'adua - A Curse In Disguise by MaiSuya(m): 9:48pm On May 29, 2009
*resignedly* . . .and will continue to hope. . undecided
Re: Yar'adua - A Curse In Disguise by philip0906(m): 10:09pm On May 29, 2009
2 years after - we are still hoping Yar adua performs
no!lets vote him for secound term,so that he will acheive the vision 2020 grin grin
Re: Yar'adua - A Curse In Disguise by vigasimple(m): 7:27pm On Aug 23, 2009
The poster is dead wrong. Infact reading all the post and replies way back more than 2 years make the whole thing clear.

YAR A'LIAR IS A CURSE IN THE OPEN

A country / or people without dreams will end up with nightmares. Even with YAR A'CLUELESS 7 pointless agenda and Visoinless 2020 we are still likely to end up with nightmares.

Let me explain, even if this man is 'reselected for another 4 yaers' that will mean total of 8 years, he has already spent a quarter of his 2 terms (if God give him life to that period) he hasn't done NADA.

So, I predict that by the time he finish 4 or 8 years, he will be blaming occultist, and possible MEND for his failures.

A student that fails to read his books, prepare for his exams and set out his plans clearly will surely fail.

I am an eternal optimist but there is something about this man that made me to conclude that he his a YAR A'FAILURE even after 8 years.

What sunday will look like , saturday is a good indicator.
Re: Yar'adua - A Curse In Disguise by pcicero(m): 11:08pm On Aug 23, 2009
No he is not a curse, he is cursed
Re: Yar'adua - A Curse In Disguise by CrudeOil2(m): 2:29am On Aug 24, 2009
yaradua is a big fool.
Re: Yar'adua - A Curse In Disguise by CrudeOil2(m): 2:31am On Aug 24, 2009
He is not just a curse, he is a plague, a deadly virus injected into the country by his carriers to systematically wreck havoc and destabilize nigeria. His deputy is even worse than him.
Re: Yar'adua - A Curse In Disguise by Pylony(m): 9:33am On Jul 15, 2016
He was being an individual who digs the ground and store his "one talent.."

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mark And Bankole To Buy Official Residences / APC Run An Issue-based Campaign - PDP Are Into Mockery And Caricatures / Who Will Swear In Nyesom Wike As Governor Come May 29

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.