Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,184 members, 7,829,246 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Another Nigerian Becomes UFC Champion, Adesanya "Style Bender" Floors Gastelum - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Another Nigerian Becomes UFC Champion, Adesanya "Style Bender" Floors Gastelum (409 Views)

Francis Ngannou: 15-Month-Old Son Of Former UFC Champion And Boxer Dies / Kamaru Usman Defeats Tyron Woodley, Becomes First African-born UFC Champion / Israel Adesanya: UCF Kick Boxing Genius [aka The Last Style Bender] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Another Nigerian Becomes UFC Champion, Adesanya "Style Bender" Floors Gastelum by adeniyiadebanjo: 6:34am On Apr 14, 2019
Israel Adesanya came to UFC 236 looking to prove himself, once and for all, on the highest level. He left the Octagon with the interim middleweight title and the fight of the year in one of the most dramatic bouts in UFC history.

Adesanya (17-0) repeatedly dropped a bloody Kelvin Gastelum late in a savage Round 5 en route to a unanimous decision (48-46, 48-46, 48-46) following a see-saw battle that left the State Farm Arena crowd in hysterics on its feet.

"I was ready for war, I told y'all," Adesanya said. "I wanted to take him out but I was ready for war because he is Mexicano. [Critics] talk s--- but they ain't ready for this."

Read More: https://www.brila.net/champion-adesanya-outlasts-gastelum-to-clinch-interim-middleweight-title/

Follow on Twitter: @deniyiclement

Re: Another Nigerian Becomes UFC Champion, Adesanya "Style Bender" Floors Gastelum by phil0(m): 7:42am On Apr 14, 2019
congrats izzy
Re: Another Nigerian Becomes UFC Champion, Adesanya "Style Bender" Floors Gastelum by NPComplete: 7:52am On Apr 14, 2019
Not really the champion. He is the interim champion because the champion's out sick.
A lot of people still believe Izzy is a hype though because he couldn't finish Gastelum despite his significant height and reach advantage. But at least with this fight he has proven he is a top 5 contender at the very least.
I will like to see how he does against the likes of Whitaker, Yoel Romero and Luke Rockhold before I actually decide about him.

(1) (Reply)

Liverpool Top 2018/2019 Premier League Earners / BREAKING: UEFA Deny Reports That Argentina Will Play In UEFA Nations League / Juventus Vs Tottenham ICC 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.