Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,892 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

Why Footballers Get Cautioned When They Take Of Their Shirt To Celebrate A Goal? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Footballers Get Cautioned When They Take Of Their Shirt To Celebrate A Goal? (61541 Views)

Five Female Footballers Who Removed Their Jerseys To Celebrate A Goal / Neymar Offers His PSG Shirt To Lionel Messi / Why Footballers Wear Headphones When They Get Down From The Bus!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Footballers Get Cautioned When They Take Of Their Shirt To Celebrate A Goal? by seunprodigy13: 11:33pm On Apr 14, 2019
Enemyofpeace:
who knowledge epp? Buhari no get any knowledge but he is leading Nigerians, blindly though
mumu..your nightmare has just started.....shey na buhari impoverish you?
Re: Why Footballers Get Cautioned When They Take Of Their Shirt To Celebrate A Goal? by seunprodigy13: 11:36pm On Apr 14, 2019
Enemyofpeace:
but no be dem go win the cup, na Watford go win am
now I'm sure your mumu na high grade
Re: Why Footballers Get Cautioned When They Take Of Their Shirt To Celebrate A Goal? by MrMacinterchi1: 11:46pm On Apr 14, 2019
Arkmanbuddy:
This reason OP says is totally false! The major reason why FIFA banned the pulling off of shirt during celebration was because many players were in the habit of passing messages through their inner wears like religious, social and political and FIFA didn't want to be enmeshed in any of that, so the ban had to be placed.

No religious or political messages during celebrations when all eyes would be on the player. The player could still pull off after the match, but then there wouldn't be much attention on him/her at that time. Period!

I doubt this information u give here to be the absolute truth to this. I believe you know that some player still pull up their jerseys, though not pulling it off completely, to reveal a hidden written messages written on their inner vest to the fans as they celebrate a goal.
And, there is no legal penalty for that particular action of celebration.
The Folan's theory made more sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Footballers Get Cautioned When They Take Of Their Shirt To Celebrate A Goal? by dfrost: 7:42am On Apr 15, 2019
ngwababe:
So Liverpool dey win Chelsea? embarassed

No. It is 'Liverpool don win Chelsea'. cheesy grin
Re: Why Footballers Get Cautioned When They Take Of Their Shirt To Celebrate A Goal? by UmarJnr(m): 10:49am On Apr 15, 2019
Folan is holding a black jersey another manu player running behind him is putting on red. I don't follow
Re: Why Footballers Get Cautioned When They Take Of Their Shirt To Celebrate A Goal? by Arkmanbuddy(m): 4:47pm On Apr 15, 2019
MrMacinterchi1:

I doubt this information u give here to be the absolute truth to this. I believe you know that some player still pull up their jerseys, though not pulling it off completely, to reveal a hidden written messages written on their inner vest to the fans as they celebrate a goal.
And, there is no legal penalty for that particular action of celebration.
The Folan's theory made more sense.

If the Forlan's story is more credible than the one I've provided, then FIFA should also ban time wasting by players feigning injury on the pitch and straight red cards should be shown them.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ronaldo Dragged After Super Cup Loss. Pictures! / Barcelona Players Receive Customized Iphone 11 Pro Max As Christmas Gifts / THE NIGERIAN YOUTH AND CADET TALENTS/ PLAYERS THREAD (Home and Abroad)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.