Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,033 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

My Testimony - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Testimony (352 Views)

New Research Paper Explores The Power Of Artistic Protest And Testimony In "Ends / The Testimony Of a Freed Man :two Kingdoms One Soul (complete story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Testimony by olagold8888(m): 10:44pm On Apr 14, 2019
*MY TESTIMONY*

Olatunji Abisinuola Stella. 08185821637.
Wilson is my husband. He is my companion, a God sent to me. Wilson is my better half. He is my sunshine,a cabochon of inestimable value. He is my best friend and he is all that I have. He was there when no one else was and he built my faith in the Lord.

I met Wilson at the DStv's office. Despite my health issues, mummy wouldn't hestitate to send me on errands. Her pressure was so much that I prayed fervently to God to provide a job that isn't stressful for me. " Jolade ! Jolade!! Jolade !!! Mo mo wipe oun gbo mi o " I couldn't help but burst into laughter. She knew I could hear her but I decided not to answer her. Suddenly, my door was flung opened. "You know what ? I want you to help me renew the Dstv's subscription. You know your nieces and nephews are coming over to spend the weekend with us ? Jo oko mi. I will drop you at the Dstv office. Will be waiting for you downstairs" Said my mum. Just Imagine ! She couldn't wait for my reply before leaving. Hurriedly, I searched my wadrobe and settled for a gown and a pair of sandals.

After I renewed the subscription, a young man approached me. " Hello ,I am Wilson and you ? " he asked " I am Jolade but you can call me Jola" We chatted for few minutes and we exchanged contacts. Wilson offered to drop me at home but I declined. After waiting for few minutes, I stopped a cab to drop me off at home.

Some minutes after I got home, I began to feel weak. " Oh no ! Not again " I forgot to tell you that am a sickle cell anaemia patient. I picked up my cellphone to call mum " Hello mummy...please, get me my drugs while coming... I feel so weak... Am shivering as am talking to you...please,don't stay long...someone is dying here... Thanks mum...Bye". Quickly, I covered myself with my duvet.

Few days later, Wilson called me and invited me for dinner. Though, I wasn't feeling too well but I had to honour his invitation because I was fed up of been home. I frantically searched my wadrobe for the best cloth to put on that evening. I sighted a blue dinner gown mum got for me when she travelled to Dubai.I settled for it, I went to my shoe rack and settled for a black Italian shoe and a black clutch purse to match. Looking at the mirror, I found out that my hair was so rough. Immediately, I dialled my stylist number " Hello Daniel, your service is needed in my house... I need you to help out with my hair.... I don't really know... You just have to make me look good.. I have a date tonight... Okay...Don't stay long...thanks ". All of a sudden,I came to my senses " What is so special about this guy ? I hope he is not going to dump me the same way every guy does when they found out about my health issue ? I asked myself.

After several months, Wilson became the best thing that has ever happened to me. He was always conscious of what I eat, drink and the things I do. He drew me closer to God by telling me about him. Despite my health issues, there were days I had to fast til 6pm praying to God to change my genotype from SS to AA. I was always telling him that I don't want to die. I was always telling him to preserve my life...

On my 26th birth anniversary, Wilson proposed to me and I joyfully said "Yes" in the presence of my family and friends. But wait ! Do I know Wilson's genotype ? What if he is AS ? What will become of our children?

"Wilson, what's your genotype " I asked Wilson one fateful evening. " My genotype? I don't even know but I should be AA. My elder sister is AA, my immediate younger brother is AA..." I cut in " Why are you been ignorant ? You are learned,Wilson. The fact that your siblings are AA doesn't mean that you are one" he drew closer and held my hands tightly. " You know what Jola? I will be going to the laboratory to know my genotype but nothing will ever change my love for you,okay? " He left for the laboratory.

That evening, I was in the kitchen preparing dinner when I slumped. Opening my eyes, I found myself on the hospital bed with my mum and Wilson besides me. "What happened to me ? " I asked .The doctor came in and told my mum to see him in the office. My mum left for the doctor's office. " Wilson, what is your genotype? " He handed an envelope to me. Hurriedly, I took the sheet of paper out of the envelope. " What ! You are AS " I starting crying and Wilson drew closer to me asking me some funny questions " Do you believe in God ? Do you know that he can change your genotype from SS to AS ? ".
" The same God I had been praying to for years to heal me ? " I asked Wilson. My mum came in with tears in her eyes. " Mummy, what did the doctor say ? I asked her. " All I know is that you shall not die but live in order to declare the works of God in the land of the living."

Few days later, I was discharged from the hospital. I later heard that the doctor told my mum that my days were short on Earth. For hours, I locked my door and refused to open it for anyone. I began to cry to God to heal me. " Listen Devil, I owe you no verbal Kobo nor any written agreement. It is high time you stopped killing my joy,it is high time you stopped toying with my health..."

For several hours, I began to sing praises to God in anticipation of what he would do concerning my health. My mum,dad, Wilson and my siblings knocked at my door but I refused to open the door. I sang praises to God for restoring my health even when he had not. While praising God, I fell into a trance. I saw a man in a white garment telling me to go and recheck my genotype, he held me closely and hugged me. He whispered into my ears that my health had been restored. Immediately, I became myself. I searched frantically for the man in white garment, I felt as if a burden had been lifted from me. I opened the door and found Wilson and my mum praying fervently to God in the sitting room. I said " Amen" to their prayers. I told mum and Wilson what I saw in the trance.
Wilson hugged me and said " Your faith had made you whole" . I told Wilson to drive me to the nearest laboratory and he did.

God healed me, he healed me. My genotype came out as " *AA* "
I was so speechless. From SS to AA. My night was over. God healed me. The doctor said my days were short on earth but God proved himself to be the greatest doctor over my life.

Today, I am happily married to Wilson with two beautiful children whose genotype are "AA"

Are you passing through one health challenge or the other? Have you been pronounced to have short days on earth? I want you to know what Isaiah 53vs 5 says about your health
" *But he was wounded for our transgressions,he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was on him; and with his stripes we are healed. "*

Don't ever give up cause you have a God who is the greatest medical doctor and surgeon.

Written by Olatunji Abisinuola Stella. 08185821637.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Are Writers Underpaid In Nigeria? / Lamentation Of A Cripple / In Different Realities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.