Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,712 members, 7,824,022 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

One Reason We Need Ibrahim Babangida As President! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Reason We Need Ibrahim Babangida As President! (1166 Views)

Ibrahim Babangida As Mamman Vatsa's Bestman (Photo) / Ibrahim Babangida As Head Of State Riding With Queen Elizabeth In Her Carriage / Abdulsalami Abubakar And Ibrahim Babangida In Their Youthful Days (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Reason We Need Ibrahim Babangida As President! by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 14, 2010
We need to loosen the financial system. I.B.B is the man of "chop make i chop". Dont worry poor masses, the money will flow down from Aso rock into every corner of nigeria, i assure you that. First of all Sanusi will have to go, and that i assure you I.B.B will bring to pass. This is one reason amongst many others.

Nigerian Youths support I.B.B now so make we chop too! wink
Re: One Reason We Need Ibrahim Babangida As President! by ndigbo: 6:41pm On Sep 14, 2010
@ thread owner, i want to believe that u re just joking, cus wouldn't want hear 101 reasons why IBB shouldn't be allowed to ruin Nigeria, come 2011 and beyond.
Re: One Reason We Need Ibrahim Babangida As President! by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 14, 2010
ndigbo:

@ thread owner, i want to believe that u re just joking, cus wouldn't want hear 101 reasons why IBB shouldn't be allowed to ruin Nigeria, come 2011 and beyond.

You could aslo prepare 101 reasons GEJ should not be president come 2011. everybody got their claims, but lets see through the box.
Re: One Reason We Need Ibrahim Babangida As President! by kosovo(m): 6:56pm On Sep 14, 2010
IBB's anti melious persimous stance on Education is one of the many reasons why i am in total support of IBB's candidacy. Owing to this course, we will be launching a Massive online IBB support group soon, we really need to educate the re-orientate the youths on IBB numerous acheivements. The problem with many nigerias is the unwillinness to learn, most people just dont have any reason not to support IBB, they do so because their friends are doing so, i am a southerner but i am also a Nigerian and i believe strongly in one Nigeria, my Southern triat does not makes it mandatory to support GEJ even when i know he is just a political feather-weight and has nothing of an accomplishment to mention. Ethnocentric and sentimental political ideologies must go in other to pave way for substainable governance that would re-ignite the dreams of our founding fathers and the Nigerian dream.
Re: One Reason We Need Ibrahim Babangida As President! by naso2(m): 6:58pm On Sep 14, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^

where dis one show from again?
Re: One Reason We Need Ibrahim Babangida As President! by chosen04(f): 7:09pm On Sep 14, 2010
kosovo:

IBB's anti melious persimous stance on Education is one of many reasons why i am in total support of IBB's candidacy. Owing to this course, we will be launching a Massive online IBB support group soon, we really need to educate the re-orientate the youths on IBB numerous acheivements. The problem with many nigerias is the unwillinness to learn, most people just dont have any reason not to support IBB, they do so because their friends are doing so, i am a southerner but i am also a Nigerian and i beleive strongly in one Nigeria, my Southern triat does not makes it mandatory to support GEJ even when i know he is just a political feather-weight and has nothing of an accomplishment to mention. Ethnocentric and sentimental political ideologies must go in other to pave way for substainable governance that would re-ignite the dreams of our founding fathers and the Nigerian dream.

May God ''HELP'' those our founding fathers to rotten ih hell for unifying an unworkable entities! . . . . . . . , . . . . . .

Can i hear AMEN?
Re: One Reason We Need Ibrahim Babangida As President! by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 14, 2010
Olo majee!!
Re: One Reason We Need Ibrahim Babangida As President! by ow11(m): 7:30pm On Sep 14, 2010
kosovo:

IBB's anti melious persimous stance on Education is one of the many reasons why i am in total support of IBB's candidacy. Owing to this course, we will be launching a Massive online IBB support group soon, we really need to educate the re-orientate the youths on IBB numerous acheivements. The problem with many nigerias is the unwillinness to learn, most people just dont have any reason not to support IBB, they do so because their friends are doing so, i am a southerner but i am also a Nigerian and i believe strongly in one Nigeria, my Southern triat does not makes it mandatory to support GEJ even when i know he is just a political feather-weight and has nothing of an accomplishment to mention. Ethnocentric and sentimental political ideologies must go in other to pave way for substainable governance that would re-ignite the dreams of our founding fathers and the Nigerian dream.

Thank heavens for democracy! It gives opportunities for career criminals to stand for elections. Babangida illegally occupied Nigeria's presidency for 8 years contravening the constitution and is lucky not to be in jail because he lives in a society where law and order has broken down.

He was also privy to government sponsored murders and succeeded in doing nothing to better Nigeria's economy during his illegal tenure. If this man can still come back and ask for people's votes to return there legally rather than the courts to defend his illegal occupation of the Nigerian presidency then I say thank heavens for democracy.

The fact that no one respects Nigerians is because of people like him and it amazes me why he actually has supporters but for your sake, I would believe you desire a country where you would be rich and own fleet of cars without having to live in a cage.
Re: One Reason We Need Ibrahim Babangida As President! by kosovo(m): 4:03am On Sep 15, 2010
ow11:

Thank heavens for democracy! It gives opportunities for career criminals to stand for elections. Babangida illegally occupied Nigeria's presidency for 8 years contravening the constitution and is lucky not to be in jail because he lives in a society where law and order has broken down.

He was also privy to government sponsored murders and succeeded in doing nothing to better Nigeria's economy during his illegal tenure. If this man can still come back and ask for people's votes to return there legally rather than the courts to defend his illegal occupation of the Nigerian presidency then I say thank heavens for democracy.

The fact that no one respects Nigerians is because of people like him and it amazes me why he actually has supporters but for your sake, I would believe you desire a country where you would be rich and own fleet of cars without having to live in a cage.

You have not the slightest idea of what you are talking about. Sad truth . . .IMO

IBB will cement True Democracy and Federalism in Nigeria!
Re: One Reason We Need Ibrahim Babangida As President! by Nobody: 2:18am On Sep 16, 2010
kosovo:

You have not the slightest idea of what you are talking about. Sad truth . . .IMO

IBB will cement True Democracy and Federalism in Nigeria!

True talk brother. Like the prodigal Son, this time there must be a change.
Re: One Reason We Need Ibrahim Babangida As President! by Fhemmmy: 2:31am On Sep 16, 2010
Lol . . . . cool
Re: One Reason We Need Ibrahim Babangida As President! by udezue(m): 2:37am On Sep 16, 2010
Madness!
Re: One Reason We Need Ibrahim Babangida As President! by EzeUche22(m): 2:39am On Sep 16, 2010
udezue:

Madness!

Udezue, keep your mouth shut my brother and allow this to play out. Do not count your chickens before they hatch.
Re: One Reason We Need Ibrahim Babangida As President! by yemmight(m): 10:40am On Sep 16, 2010
IBB virus has spread all over nairaland. I hope everybody will not be infected? shocked shocked shocked
Re: One Reason We Need Ibrahim Babangida As President! by Solomon227(m): 10:45am On Sep 16, 2010
Spread where? U can easily count his fans on your fingers; Big1, ferado, and Depilot. Others sympathetic to his course are my Ndigbo brothers that are hoping to get 2015 presidency from him.
Re: One Reason We Need Ibrahim Babangida As President! by karo93: 12:42pm On Sep 16, 2010
@ babaearly
it seems like your mind is made up on being a political thug as that is the only way money can flow from aso rock in a 'chop make i chop" government cos i dont see IBB or any other politician giving you money when you have nothing to offer them.

goodluck on that.
Re: One Reason We Need Ibrahim Babangida As President! by supereagle(m): 12:44pm On Sep 16, 2010
I am protected against IBB virus. It cant even come near my fire wall.
Re: One Reason We Need Ibrahim Babangida As President! by banom(m): 12:59pm On Sep 16, 2010
kosovo:

Honestly, as an IBB supporter, i believe you either do not know what you just said or you are making a fool of IBB himself, IBB is one candidate who's campaign is strongly based on Tribal or regional power shifting sentiments ( PDP ZONING) and you are here talking about Ethnocentric and sentimental political ideologies,

I am an election campaign strategist, and studying the  current election situation and how the many contestants are strategizing to win this 2011 election, it is obvious that IBB's campaign started on a very wrong path,

See how IBB plans to win, he intends to use the PDP agreed zoning arrangement to rally the majority of northerners to his side, and been the most powerful and influential contestant from the North, he can easily shuffle the other contestants from the north and get them to back down for him, if this works perfectly, it will bring him a lot of votes from the north, but this will not be enough to win the presidential election, on the other hand, he needs to get a good vote from the south as well, but he has a hopeless case here, it is obvious 70% of Yorubas will vote for a Dog or donkey in 2011 than voting for IBB, while  90% of Niger Deltans will prefer to die or tear Nigeria apart than voting for  any other candidate except president Goodluck Jonathan, so the only southern part he has a fair ground to get a good Vote to add up to any vote he will get from the North is In Igbo land, and this he hopes to get by talking about the post Biafran war situation of the Igbos and promising to hand over to them in 2015,

His strategy is based on emotional sentiment than anything strong or brilliant, and this can easily be countered and defeated by a superior and more brilliant and practical strategy , Some analyst have tried to analyze IBB's chances of victory in this 2011 election, they listed his strength and weaknesses, but this is a  list of some superfluous qualities they think will play out well for or against him in this election. one of such analysis is that his strength is experience, Charisma and Dynamism and his weakness is june 12, Delegiwa, 12 billion dollar oil windfall and so on, all these are needless  and wont take him far or work much against him,  

The problem with some election battles like this is that once you have committed to some positions and issues, you cant back down again, and going further with some certain issues will hurt you than helping you, IBB's campaign started from the horns of a dilemma , his campaign is not seductive and is filled with unnecessary or negative sentiments,  thinking he will get the votes of the Igbos by bringing up the issues of Biafran war and handing over power to the Igbos in 2015  is hopeless and stupid to say the least, this can easily be countered by asking him why 2015 for the Igbos ?, why not now  ? the northerners have held it for 39 years , why do they want another 4 years at the expense of people who have not enjoyed it for a single day,  is that not cheating and greediness ?and IBB is a man notorious  for cunning and deception and no one  will take him seriously, on the other hand, trying to get the vote of the northerners by using the PDP zoning sentiment is a negative campaigning that will equally work against him, this can equally be countered by highlighting all the negative sides of Zoning and  making it clear that it will lead Nigeria backward than forward and letting every one know that it is a mere PDP agreement and has no single place in our national constitution, IBB is hoping to get some vote from Niger delta by using a Niger delta man as his running mate, but that is equally hopeless, greater majority of Niger deltans will prefer their son as a president than a vice president, after all, opportunity comes but ones,

Finally, Ibb Has three main weaknesses or opposition in this 2011 election, the Greatest of them is the ambition of president Goodluck Jonathan to remain in office beyond 2011, his power of incumbency, the fact that he is from Niger delta, a region that her resources made the unity and survival of Nigeria possible but have not enjoyed a shot at the leadership of the nation they have been feeding for more than half a century now, even foreign power brokers  will prefer to protect their oil interest in Nigeria by supporting Goodluck Jonathan than supporting IBB and his tribal sentiments that has nothing to offer them, the second opposition IBB has is his dubious past, having ruled Nigeria in the past for 8 years and Nine months, and with a dirty record of corruption, illegality , murder , dictatorship and denial and betrayal of the most promising democracy in our history, it will be funny to think the same people he denied democracy will elect him as  their "democratic president", and many Nigerians have a hopeless believe that most of their problems is from their past leaders and IBB is top on the list , some even call him, evil genius, chop i chop, father of corruption and so on, and they will be too or three glad to try a fresh new leader, his third weakness is a northern choice that the southerners will be satisfied with, even if the northerners will produce the next president of Nigeria, is going to be a candidate that will be agreed by the southerners and the northerners, and every one knows they will never settle for IBB, beside Obasanjo is one past leader of our nation that commands the highest influence in our political affairs, and there is one thing he wouldn't want to see happen in Nigeria, any president that will take away from him the record of been the person who ruled Nigeria most, and the northerners will care more about a northerner becoming the  president of Nigeria than whom that person is.

IBB has a very slim chance of been the president of Nigeria in 2011, but there is still possibilities for him been elected but it will need a more brilliant, positive and effective campaigning, not the present mess he is doing right now.
Re: One Reason We Need Ibrahim Babangida As President! by violent(m): 1:22pm On Sep 16, 2010
^^

your next drink is on me maam!

tht's such a brilliant analysis!
Re: One Reason We Need Ibrahim Babangida As President! by orangemen: 4:29pm On Sep 16, 2010
at least one important thing we are lacking here in nigeria today is political freedom.
i think ibb is big enough to bring nigeria from the demonic hands of obasanjo who has made nigerian politics his personal business.
we can nolonger afford to remain useless in our own country.
we need to have a say in our political system. how many nigerians can boast of having their votes counted in the last 11 yrs or more.
what we see is a selected group of criminals who call themselves rulers and steal at will.
jonathan is not the violent type or the radical man we need to liberate this country from these demons.
Re: One Reason We Need Ibrahim Babangida As President! by vigasimple(m): 4:40pm On Sep 16, 2010
orangemen:

at least one important thing we are lacking here in nigeria today is political freedom.
i think ibb is big enough to bring nigeria from the demonic hands of obasanjo who has made nigerian politics his personal business.
we can nolonger afford to remain useless in our own country.
we need to have a say in our political system. how many nigerians can boast of having their votes counted in the last 11 yrs or more.
what we see is a selected group of criminals who call themselves rulers and steal at will.
jonathan is not the violent type or the radical man we need to liberate this country from these demons.

Most of IBB supporters don't know that their man is an unsaleable poison. OBJ vs IBB is like bright daylight compared to deep night darkness.

IBB is a certified fool who wanted to fool Nigerians for the second time. I will have all candidates becomes life President but not another oppoertunity for IBB who has regard for no one.
Re: One Reason We Need Ibrahim Babangida As President! by daylae(m): 5:05pm On Sep 16, 2010
@topic because he is honest to a fault;and has great empathy for the poor masses. I can go on and on.

Just when we need an angel to put things in order when others failed,here comes saint gbadamosi to the rescue. Cast your vote wisely!!!
Re: One Reason We Need Ibrahim Babangida As President! by banom(m): 5:08pm On Sep 16, 2010
violent:

^^

your next drink is on me maam!

tht's such a brilliant analysis!

Thanks man, i appreciate your compliments, so where is the drink ? i can't wait for it, mind you, 30 bottles of Hennesy is what i normally consume at once. cry cry cry
Re: One Reason We Need Ibrahim Babangida As President! by orangemen: 7:30pm On Sep 16, 2010
Most of IBB supporters don't know that their man is an unsaleable poison. OBJ vs IBB is like bright daylight compared to deep night darkness.

IBB is a certified fool who wanted to fool Nigerians for the second time. I will have all candidates becomes life President but not another oppoertunity for IBB who has regard for no one.

@vigasimple,

a reputable journalist in the name of dele giwa was assumed to be killed by ibb and in the same manner, we assume bola ige was killed by obj. mama vasa was a coupist and the military decree took care of shit under ibb while two communities faced the military might of obasanjo.
on the financial front, nigerians believe ibb stole $12b oil windfall and the same nigerians believe obasanjo made away with $16b electricity funds.

all in all, obasanjo had 8 yrs of uninterupted democracy which no other person have had.

in his 8 yrs of noisy war against corruption, obasanjo and ribadu never found this man guilty, could this mean obasanjo and his men lied on that or what?

if we want to practice democracy, we must be weary of what the constitution says on candidates qualities. if ibb and everyother candidate is allowed by our constitution, then let them run and give nigerians the chance to choose their candidates rather than imposing candidates on us and using efcc to go after opositions.

pdp is desperate to make nigeria a one party system otherwise oposition is a legal thing in every democratic setting.

pls do let me know those crimes of ibb that obasanjo is innocent of.
Re: One Reason We Need Ibrahim Babangida As President! by Vindy: 4:55am On Sep 17, 2010
Some people can be fooled just once some severally.
Re: One Reason We Need Ibrahim Babangida As President! by fxmaxony(m): 6:17am On Sep 17, 2010
babaearly:

We need to loosen the financial system. I.B.B is the man of "chop make i chop". Dont worry poor masses, the money will flow down from Aso rock into every corner of nigeria, i assure you that. First of all Sanusi will have to go, and that i assure you I.B.B will bring to pass. This is one reason amongst many others.

Nigerian Youths support I.B.B now so make we chop too! wink

"let him implement Okigbo report first"
Re: One Reason We Need Ibrahim Babangida As President! by Solomon227(m): 11:50am On Sep 17, 2010
@ orangmen

a reputable journalist in the name of dele giwa was assumed to be killed by ibb and in the same manner, we assume bola ige was killed by obj. mama vasa was a coupist and the military decree took care of poo under ibb while two communities faced the military might of obasanjo.
on the financial front, nigerians believe ibb stole $12b oil windfall and the same nigerians believe obasanjo made away with $16b electricity funds.

all in all, obasanjo had 8 yrs of uninterupted democracy which no other person have had.

in his 8 yrs of noisy war against corruption, obasanjo and ribadu never found this man guilty, could this mean obasanjo and his men lied on that or what?

if we want to practice democracy, we must be weary of what the constitution says on candidates qualities. if ibb and everyother candidate is allowed by our constitution, then let them run and give nigerians the chance to choose their candidates rather than imposing candidates on us and using efcc to go after opositions.

pdp is desperate to make nigeria a one party system otherwise oposition is a legal thing in every democratic setting.

pls do let me know those crimes of ibb that obasanjo is innocent of.

Who told u every1 that hates IBB naturally likes OBJ. They both represent heavy-looting generation, anti-humane tendencies and thirst for life presidency.

We cannot waste our energy on a sad past (OBJ) we have put behind us while we are being confronted with a fresh Evil-Supremo (IBB). GEJ within his short period as the President has taken a very good number of decisions against OBJ's stands showing he is a man of his own.

Other politicians including OBJ are largely evil of different degrees but IBB remains the upper-limit of Evil. He did not call himself the Evil-Genius for nothing.

It will take a Devil to break IBB's records in killing and looting!
Re: One Reason We Need Ibrahim Babangida As President! by princekevo(m): 12:10pm On Sep 17, 2010
GEJ within his short period as the President has taken a very good number of decisions against OBJ's stands showing he is a man of his own.

Please can you educate us more on these decisions taken against OBJ's Stand? I know everyone is trying to sell his or her candidate here, maybe i can buy some ideas, becoz to me am fully convinced that a vote to GEJ is vote to OBJ, IBB, and all the criminals that belongs to that party.

(1) (Reply)

Effc Vs Patience Jonathan / Nigeria Tops Happiness Survey / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.