Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,489 members, 7,958,490 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:38 PM

NUC Currently Processing Applications For 303 Private Universities - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NUC Currently Processing Applications For 303 Private Universities (9572 Views)

Why Many Nigerian Private Universities May Go Extinct In The Next Decade / FG Approves Six New Private Universities (names) / Civil Servants Sending Their Children To Private Universities Are Corrupt – ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NUC Currently Processing Applications For 303 Private Universities by zlantanfan: 8:36am On Apr 16, 2019
maybachmusic:
well

they are expensive

but also shows lots of people have money to throw around
takes billions to get a private uni running
l
Re: NUC Currently Processing Applications For 303 Private Universities by ppogba: 8:47am On Apr 16, 2019
UCyril:
Those people that want to establish university should Chanel their resources to industries and agricultural sector to create jobs and improved the economy.

Good thinking.

Half of what established convenant uni will do wonders in rice production alone.
Re: NUC Currently Processing Applications For 303 Private Universities by SirLakes: 8:48am On Apr 16, 2019
Let them build their advanced sec school

Let those who'll attend go and waste their time and money

Where will they employ their grads grin
Re: NUC Currently Processing Applications For 303 Private Universities by tj2018: 9:07am On Apr 16, 2019
Education is not and should not be seen as a morning making venture. The NUC motto says Thought and service.
Re: NUC Currently Processing Applications For 303 Private Universities by Philthe1st: 9:13am On Apr 16, 2019
303 more Universities.

Re: NUC Currently Processing Applications For 303 Private Universities by Frankwillams19: 9:22am On Apr 16, 2019
See below
Re: NUC Currently Processing Applications For 303 Private Universities by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:33am On Apr 16, 2019
iyke926:

No, we need more industries in the country.

I will reject all. We have enough Universities, Polytechnics, College of Educations, etc

What happens if they invest in existing universities...or build research centres for biotechnology or in agricultural fields?

I will say this again...We Africans especially Nigerians got a serious problem.
how many universities are in America and UK.... go find out...
Re: NUC Currently Processing Applications For 303 Private Universities by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 16, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
how many universities are in America and UK.... go find out...
Why do we like comparing ourselves with people with functional brain living in an organized society?

You and I know the primary aim of thes 303 private universities.

I will leave you with this great quote by Adolf Hitler "Do not compare yourself to others. If you do so, you are insulting yourself."
Re: NUC Currently Processing Applications For 303 Private Universities by niyidenrele: 10:32am On Apr 16, 2019
HigherEd:
Haba... NUC is granting licenses indiscriminately because of the 200 million naira for licensing fees. NUC should have increased the minimum requirements for establishing universities at least a decade ago.
check again ...it's #500million naira

1 Like

Re: NUC Currently Processing Applications For 303 Private Universities by niyidenrele: 10:33am On Apr 16, 2019
midolian:
Do we really need these universities?

The moment Nigerians see a business as profitable, they ll "flood" it until they kill it. It's not like as if the owners of these universities built them to reduce the problems facing the country but to reduce their own money problems.

A time is coming in this country when certificates from private universities will stop being recognised.
u can say that again

1 Like

Re: NUC Currently Processing Applications For 303 Private Universities by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:40am On Apr 16, 2019
iyke926:

Why do we like comparing ourselves with people with functional brain living in an organized society?

You and I know the primary aim of thes 303 private universities.

I will leave you with this great quote by Adolf Hitler "Do not compare yourself to others. If you do so, you are insulting yourself."
well I tend to agree with ur sentiment but d universities we have can't meet up d various applications of pple seeking admission...lets hope standards are maintain in their approval and more so our foundational aspects of education really need regiging that's d primary and secondary
Re: NUC Currently Processing Applications For 303 Private Universities by lawani: 12:58pm On Apr 16, 2019
Too many!
Re: NUC Currently Processing Applications For 303 Private Universities by Fourwinds: 4:26pm On Apr 16, 2019
Instead of more industries they are building universities. Useless country
Re: NUC Currently Processing Applications For 303 Private Universities by MyGeneration(m): 8:19pm On Apr 20, 2019
UCyril:
Those people that want to establish university should Chanel their resources to industries and agricultural sector to create jobs and improved the economy.

Let them establish abeg. There's nothing that annoys me in this Nigeria more than to find out that Nigerians are going to Ghana and Benin to study
Re: NUC Currently Processing Applications For 303 Private Universities by Nobody: 8:44pm On Apr 20, 2019
MyGeneration:

Let them establish abeg. There's nothing that annoys me in this Nigeria more than to find out that Nigerians are going to Ghana and Benin to study
What do you expect when there is fierce competition and pressure on public universities. The unwise who travel abroad to study pay similar rate like their counterpart in private universities. Well I wouldn't blame them because even the private universities still have the Nigerian factor still there

(1) (2) (Reply)

OAU Management Denies Appointing Salami As VC / Enugu: IMT Students Speak On Their Tuition, Compulsory Accomodation Fees / NDA SHORTLISTED NAMES FOR ARMED FORCES SELECTION BOARD FOR THE 65TH RC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.