Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,113 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

The Harvester (a Paranormal Short Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Harvester (a Paranormal Short Story) (870 Views)

GHOST READER And RIDDERS (A Paranormal Anecdote) By Emperical Ink / TÉLLÀ ( A Paranormal Story) / Grabbing The Hot Gate ( A Paranormal Novel) By Akintayo Akinjide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Harvester (a Paranormal Short Story) by chibestjerry(m): 4:10pm On Apr 15, 2019
Hello Nairalanders i am here again,I just decided to try out this story it has been in my head for a long time now

So without much wasted time lets roll
Comments are highly needed
As usual critics are highly welcome

The Story will be short, not morethan 5 chapters

Updates will be Posted regularly as far as there are people reading grin grin grin
Re: The Harvester (a Paranormal Short Story) by chibestjerry(m): 4:14pm On Apr 15, 2019
Chapter One

31st December, 2013
Awka Anambra State

Here am I in nowhere in particular the moon shine forth his light, everywhere was illumined, the atmosphere was calm, I keep looking around trying to find my way out, then I saw the figure at first I thought it was a log of wood as I move more closer to take a good look at it, The figure i saw send shivers down my spine, Her stomach was ripped open, intestine and flesh patterns were dangling from her abdomen, her feet were manned and her knee cap bone were more visible, her face were already cover in bruises, Blood drips from her swollen lips, her eye socket were pulled out and a strip of fresh was still trying to hold it back so it keep flopping on her face, her right breast was gone, harvested too, I look down her Private Part it was also harvested and gone also, Tears were streaming down my eyes such a wicked World, whoever did this is Evil, At the thought of that the atmosphere change the wind became more cool and I could feel a presence within,

I look up again and I saw the figure coming within me I know he is the HARVESTER and I was ready to face him, Whatever or Whoever it is, that did this am ready to die fighting him, As the Shadowed Figure move closer I became more determine, More determine to fight the devil, the devil that rape women and harvest their Parts.

Then he came in full view my eyes travel to his face ready to pounce on him, then, then, then I became Weak my Strength failed, my muscle became slack, my knees were weak, my shoulder collapse and my heart beat increase

BECAUSE I was standing face to face with myself, He is me and I am him.

“Who are you” I asked him with all the strength my vocal cord could muster,

He was putting on the same cloth as me, the same pajamas everything was the same only that his were soaked in blood.
I watch him smile, a wicked smile as he moved towards the lifeless young lady, his hand travel slowly to her left breast, then with a force I could not explain he tore it away from her fresh, She release a shout of agony, I even thought she was dead.

I watched her raised her tattered finger and point at me,
“You did this, You evil boy, You did this” it’s like her shout woke others up because, Two women out of nowhere join her in the chant “You did this” then three, then four, then five, then tens, then hundred, then uncountable voices
It was then I realized that am in a grave yard, in the mist of naked women, some without breast, almost all their face were disfigured. I wanted to make a run, but I was trapped, thousands of hands had already grabbed my legs chanting “You did this”

Then the Devil that looks like me, walks towards me, and whisper in my ears
“My name is Ikeamu”, saying that he erupt in a Hilarious state of Laughter.

Another bad dream, this the third time am having dream like this in this month of December and today’s is the last day of the month...
“Nonso won’t you go to church, Sleepy head” My sister voice echoed from the kitchen
I ignore her and try to reminisce on the dream I just had, it look so real and I felt something in me, like a presence in me anytime I had a dream like this.

I lazily pull the blanket out of my body, I walked to the mirror to inspect my face I started developing pimples recently so it became a custom for me to use the mirror for inspection, I stood in full view in the mirror focused on my Pimpled-face, something caught my attention this was the same cloth I was wearing in my dreams, not only that there were some patterns of bloods stain on it, I quickly pull it out the first thing that caught my attention was the Inscription on the back: “IKEAMU” was written boldly on it, My hands became weak I didn’t even know that I was shouting until my elder sister rushed in,

“Nna kedu ife na amegi (Nna what is wrong with you)” she asked taking the cloth from my hands
I couldn’t say anything than to point at the inscription at the back she looks at it inspecting it and asked the most hilarious question

“What is wrong with it?”
“Who did that” I shouted at her, she stare at me as if I had gone nut, she is my elder sister with a age difference of 9 years and under no circumstances do I have any right to shout at her.

“Nna we will see Father Peter after service today, you need help Inugo (You understand)” She said to me patting me on the shoulder

“Ada adim ok (Am alright)” I said praying that she will dismiss the idea of standing in a queue of more than 100 People just to see the Priest

“Shut up, you were busy writing this nonsense yesterday, I asked you and you told me that it is your New year name, Bia you have Joined those area boys in smoking Afifia O kwa ya (you have started smoking weed) eh” of course She was angry

“Do you know how much I bought this Pyjamas, or you think am picking money eh Nsogbu adighi (No problem) Father Peter will settle us” She said and was already heading towards the door with my Pyjama top on her hand
I wanted to protest before my eyes settle on my trouser, the same inscription was all over it “IKEAMU”.....

“Noooo......” I erupt in another shout, This time around I know seeing Father Peter was an inevitable situation

The day was gradually getting dark the Sun was gradually transferring power to the Moon, the sky harbours a twinkly Families of Stars, the evening was quite cold, It was the new year Eve, The ever Busy street of Awka has become more Busy, Hawkers becoming more determine to sell their goods, Children Banging Banger, the aroma of Stew was booming from every corner, Fried meat aroma filled the air, The Atmosphere was astonishing, If wishes were horse then I did wish every day will be like this. Every Home was preparing for the New Year Celebration except for the Amadi Family (MY FAMILY) we were preparing for my Mother’s Burial, which is schedule to hold on the 12th of January, 2014

It has been two months since Mama Die leaving me with my elder sister who just graduated from UNN, I am the only son and she is the only Daughter, my dad? Well I don’t really know who the hell he is after all who cares; He left my Mom when I was just a year old. Rumour has it that he lost his Job the day I was born, His mother fell sick the same day, and his elder brother die in a car accident all happens in just a single day which was my Born-day.

We just moved in last month in Awka Anambra State, in a face me i face you Apartment, there were about 26 rooms, Our Compound are known for their various Characters you can find the trouble makers (those group can even start a fight because you are walking somehow), the football fans especially between the Arsenal fans and Chelsea fans, and the Politics (GEJ and PMB group) always arguing, Then the quiet and silent group that’s the group I belong to, We are only two in the group me and my next door neighbour she had also moved in Two weeks before us, Apart from the good morning greetings I think most of my neighbours does not know my name or where we from, talking about my next door neighbour, here she comes with her elegant beauty, endowed with moderated beauty and figures and curves, her bosoms bounce at every step she takes, she walks graciously ignoring the eyes piercing into her Body, She is my next door neighbour and her name is! Well the truth is that I don’t know her name, she don’t usually hang around that much, neither does she talk to anyone, They always locked themselves from the inside, WHAT! Did I just used the word “THEY” I have not seen anyone apart from her going in or Out of the Room apart from her.
I might not be much of a Bad boy when it comes to girls, but I felt what I have never felt before, i felt drawn to her, This is the perfect opportunity, what better day to toast a lady if not on new year eve, as she draw closer to her room I walk towards her,

“Hello” I said ignoring the arrogant stares from my Neighbors
She turns and stares at me probably surprised at my confident

“Hello” she replied still not taking her eyes off my eyes, I was now becoming uneasy with the way she stares at me with her Sexy Blue Eyes.

“Am Chinonso your next door neighbour?”

“I know who you are already” She says still not blinking away “Nice meeting you” she say stretching her hands for an handshake

“Nice meeting you too” I said grouping her hands with mine, immediately I grab her hand a Wave of cold shivers runs through my vines, my eyes shut on their own accord I could see myself in a grave yard digging there were lots of dead body to be buried and all were female the only male among them was ME and we are all naked.

“Hello” I open my eyes immediately to behold her smiling at me, I forcefully release a smile

“My hand Please you are hurting me” I speedily release her hand realizing that I was holding it tight.

She turns back and starts heading towards her door.

9:02 pm
Just some few more hours to New year I sat alone on my Bed thinking about Life although we were not poor, my Sister just graduated and land a job immediately with a telecom company and me I recently gain Admission in Ahmadu Bello University Zaria to study Computer Science.
Re: The Harvester (a Paranormal Short Story) by chibestjerry(m): 4:22pm On Apr 15, 2019
Divepen1 souloho19 hidhrhis ruqayyahmusa skubido akinwale14 moseph devilmaycry1 rachealfst obasi234 rosemary33 oyinprince devilpen tonysunkan jonah507 ka52y angelinastto curvyibogirl damselposh

biko come and support your boy eh

1 Like

Re: The Harvester (a Paranormal Short Story) by chibestjerry(m): 4:30pm On Apr 15, 2019
Life has been hell for me and my elder sister glowing up without a father and a mother that was banned from her village because she was an OSU (People usually dedicated to gods) so I and my sister are OSU by tradition.

The event of the evening meeting with my beautiful neighbor keep rehearsing in my head, I can’t stop believing that there was something mysterious about her and I can’t stop desiring her, as if my body was in collaboration with my thinking my sexual desire rose, the urge to be with a woman, my body was on fire, my head was spinning and I was in pain I mean real pain.

Then a heard a gentle familiar voice whisper in my Ear “SEX IS THE KEY”

9:25 pm

I dash out of my room walking to nowhere in Particular, I know that am no longer myself something is controlling my spirit, An external force I can’t control, A whisper I can’t stop hearing....

The street was quite Lonely apart from the “Holy Ghost Fire!!” blasting from Churches speaker.
I was gradually running mad and I needed sex, Sexual Desire was burning all over me, I try calming down but it got worst, my Man Rod was at its Standing Ovation, I could feel something threatening to burst out of me

“Here she comes” the famine voice whisper again in my ear drum, although the Area was quite dark thanks to Nepa some part was Illuminated so I was able to see the a famine statue walking towards my direction, I stood beside the road waiting for her to pass it will be embarrassing if she saw my man rod all erect like this....

She was nearer and I now have a clearer view of her, her name is Amarachi she was my sister new friend although we never talk much, apart from “Hello and “Hi” greetings we said anytime she came around to see my sister, She was a tall lady with beauty to behold, with all the Shapes and Figures in their rightful places

“Good evening” I was the first to greet her

“Evening Nonso” She reply “What are you doing here won’t you go to church” She asked Staring at me as my two hand were still struggling to hid my Man Rod.

I was about to reply her when the Feeling came again this time around I know am no longer in control of myself Then the voice came again “SEX IS THE KEY”

I release my hands from my Man Rod as a boy with an evil spirit I moved close to her Staring at her Body from her breast to her Waist, My body shiver at the thoughts of what I was going to do to those natural endowments on her body

She must have read my thought as she stare at me wondering what has come over me, I was now closer to her as my hands move up to touch her breast... Then the slap came, a sounding slap I staggered back, surprisingly I feel no pain, all I feel is a BURNING DESIRE to have her, the desire to satisfy my desires.

“Are you stupid? Do I look like your mate” Her face signified that she was angry She was moving close to me probably for another slap
She raised her hand ready to brought it against my cheek again, then it happen Like a flash I grabbed her hand and twist it behind her back she wanted to shout but I was just fast I use my left hand to cover her mouth preventing her from shouting she try freeing herself from my grip but I was stronger, The power controlling me was way too strong for her to handle, my eyes whirled around looking for a more conductive place to carry out this pleasurable Act called (RAPE), She was still struggling to free herself from my grip, I Push her on the ground she attempt to shout again but Two heavy blows from me shut her up, She must have realized that she is no match for me, because she started pleading in a soft tunes.

I look at her again, my hand travel slowly to her breast, “Ohh Damn! Those Cloths” I mutter to myself in a jiffy I tore her clothes off she was lying down naked just below me, I Squeeze her Breast slowly, Inserting my man rod into her honey hole, she gasps as a plead escape from her mouth, I rammed into her with all my strength and determination to cure my Sexual atrocities.

I was done, But the voice was still there, I look down at my prey and realized that she was bleeding from her left eye due to the effect of the Blow Like a robot being control I start looking around I didn't know what exactly am looking for not until my eyes settle on a big concrete block, I grab hold of it and start moving towards her, Our eyes met All I could see in her eyes was fear, fear and fear, and all I could hear was do it! do it! do it! I raised the weapon above my head I could feel the tear running down my cheek inside this monster is a calm gentle boy that could never hurt an innocent fly.

“Nonso biko okwa nu mua amara (Nonso please it’s me Amara)” She said tears were streaming down her eyes

“Hahh I Am Ikeamu” i don’t really know who said that but it just came out from my mouth

My hands rose above my head with the concrete block, and then I bought it against her head.

“Chubby my boy, you have done well” The voice again! This time I was able to deduce the owner of the voice because it called me by my special name CHUBBY it was the voice of my sweet Mother.

10:00pm

DAMN IT! Another Bad Dream I woke up and look at the wall clock, the time is 10:00pm; my sister will kill me if I miss our appointment with Father Peter
I was in a state of Euphoria, I don’t really know why but I felt satisfied I hurriedly put my shirt and hit the street and start heading towards St. Mathew Catholic Church my sister will be expecting me.

There are countless people in the church hall all waiting to see the priest; I had even slept off when my sister woke me up,

“Nna it’s our turn, wake up” she said still tapping me even though I had awoken from the first tap

At last we met the Father he was a tall man, fair in completion and had an British accent, he spoke in low tunes one has to hold his breath to hear what he was saying,

“Amara how you doing” He ask my sister that was already squatting in unison to the greeting

“Am fine sir” she responded

“And you Chinonso” He said stretching his hand for an handshake

“Am fine too sir” I reply him hoping that we will just make this fast am feeling dizzy already, He was holding my hand too tight and was staring at me directly into my eyes.

“Let me talk to you” He said dragging me away from the crowd

I can see my sister face bright up in happiness

We were in the father’s office, it just a simple office that contain a round table and two visitors chair
He motion me to sit down on the visitor chair

“I Sense an Evil Aura around you, Hope you have not joined any kind of cult” the father said after we had settle down in his office

“Haa no Sir, I can’t do such” I reply almost immediately

“When last do you take the confession” The father ask again, still not taking his eyes off me

“I can’t remember sir”, in my mind I was like the question should be which year did you attend mass last not to talk of confession

“Give me your hands” The father said stretching his two hands towards me, I did as he commanded

“In thy name of Chisos any evil alter that is brainstorming to bring you down i come against them in thy blood of Chisos...” The prayer was getting intense i just keep chanting amen when needed.

“Thank you Chisos, You should read Psalm: 102 and 23 before you slept tonight”

“Ameeenn”

“What did you say?” the father ask looking puzzled

“Amen..., Sorry Sir, I will” He had said the psalm so quick that I thought he quoted a verse from there

“Go in peace my son”

I turn and head towards the door; I had already turn the knob before his voice called me again

“My son always follow your good spirit, Never succumb to the will of the enemy” He said still looking me directly in my eyes.

“Thank you sir” I do not even know what that meant,

my sister was waiting at the Church hall when I came out, she rush at me and was like
“What happen, what did he say, did he pray for you, did he gave you fasting” She throw the questions at me I just ignore her and keep walking

“it’s it not you am talking to you Nonso” I stop at my track and look at her wondering how am going to dismiss her about my unexplained behaviors of lately even me am still trying to find out what is wrong with me, I was about to reply her when an Elderly Woman run towards the alter and crashed on the floor

“Abomination has happen oo” She wailed as people were already gathered and was consoling her

“What happen? Mama Amara” An elderly man asked her

“Aluu Eme eh (Abomination) they have kill me oo, they have kill my daughter (My God)” Her voice became louder than before, I wanted to go nearer when my sister draws me back

“Nna m start going home, I will met you at home” I know it wasn't a request it was an order, it’s annoying at my age my sister still controls me well by the way am 19 years old, she feeds and cloth me infact she is my everything even when my mother was alive, she has always taken responsibility of my needs, and at the same time she has been over protective of me and that’s the part I hate most maybe it’s because am her only sibling, I moved out of the alter and start heading home.

I woke up with a feeling of déjà vu it’s New Year
Re: The Harvester (a Paranormal Short Story) by xaviercasmir(m): 4:31pm On Apr 15, 2019
Scary but nicely stated . Keep it up bro
Re: The Harvester (a Paranormal Short Story) by chibestjerry(m): 4:36pm On Apr 15, 2019
xaviercasmir:
Scary but nicely stated . Keep it up bro
Thanks Boss
Re: The Harvester (a Paranormal Short Story) by chibestjerry(m): 5:55pm On Apr 15, 2019
chibestjerry:
Divepen1 souloho19 hidhrhis ruqayyahmusa skubido akinwale14 moseph devilmaycry1 rachealfst obasi234 rosemary33 oyinprince devilpen tonysunkan jonah507 ka52y angelinastto curvyibogirl damselposh chibestbuddy

Re: The Harvester (a Paranormal Short Story) by damselposh(f): 6:09pm On Apr 15, 2019
And am here, well done chibestjerry
Re: The Harvester (a Paranormal Short Story) by germaphobe(m): 6:30pm On Apr 15, 2019
oh men!!, e don red
Re: The Harvester (a Paranormal Short Story) by moseph(f): 9:35pm On Apr 15, 2019
Present Sir. nice one
Re: The Harvester (a Paranormal Short Story) by souloho19(m): 12:15am On Apr 16, 2019
[quote author=chibestjerry post=77567554][/quote]

Thanks for the call bro, I love the intro already..
Following!

Cc

Queenitee mhistahrah Pinkberry meneski cyber5 cadec007 igyeseh donkelz pinkfeet helenbee shurley22 tenderblaze chommieblaq oroolorun
Re: The Harvester (a Paranormal Short Story) by skubido(m): 10:02am On Apr 16, 2019
chibestjerry:
Divepen1 souloho19 hidhrhis ruqayyahmusa skubido akinwale14 moseph devilmaycry1 rachealfst obasi234 rosemary33 oyinprince devilpen tonysunkan jonah507 ka52y angelinastto curvyibogirl damselposh

Present ooo.

Tanks for the mention, following
Re: The Harvester (a Paranormal Short Story) by chibestjerry(m): 10:42am On Apr 16, 2019
Chapter 2

Who kill Amara I could hear my sister mumbling to herself the death has been a blow to the whole community, such thing has not happen in a long while...
I moved close to her and tap her on the shoulder, she jerk at the touch of my hands.

“Nna m, have you woken up” She asked trying to hide her teary face

“Ada what happen” I asked

“Amara is dead, she was raped to death” she burst in a roll of cry

Seeing my sister cry make my heart heavy, it brought tears to my eyes
“They will find the killer Ada stop crying” I try consoling her

I noticed she was staring at a picture from her phone, I also screech my neck to see what it was, it was the picture of Amara and my sister
My heart skips a beat, the face look familiar, I would have sworn that I have seen the face lately, I mean just lately…… The dream!! I became puzzle! like a flash it all start rushing back, I become cold, my heart starting beating fast, I couldn’t stand as my feet gave me away and I passed out…..

Okay here I am again in a lonely river the night is strangely warm, I stare at the endless water flowing to God’s know where, I am here to know Who I am and what I am and there is only one person that can give me the answer which is MY MOTHER…
I was naked sitting on the only available rock stationed in the middle of the river while I wait for my mother of course I know she is coming after all she was the one that bought me here….

A gentle breeze brew pass me, I turn slowly to behold her but she wasn’t alone, there were other four women with her wearing red robes they were surrounding her, she was in their middle naked carrying a sparkling calabash on her head…
I stood up trying to move towards her but my feet was stuck,

The women started chanting and dancing around my mother who stood there with her eye shut…
I was getting frustrated and angry if this is a dream it’s time for it to end
As if they could hear my thought they stop dancing and focus on me

The moment my mother opens her eyes the calabash stop sparking

“Chubby this is a reality Nwam” She said gently
I have never missed my mother more than that moment she said Nwam… but the next thing she said broke my heart

“Who will be our next target?”

“Next tar__get” I muttered not wanting to believe the thinking faculty of my mind

“Yes Nwam it is in our bloodline to bring soul through sex” she said and the four women started dancing again

“What Bloodline are you talking about?” I asked amidst the joyful moment the women were having,

They all stop to stare at me with a confused expression on their face; they all turn to my mother as if waiting for an explanation.
“Nwam we are the Amadi family, the casted and powerful, you are the next to the heir” She spoke although calmly but I have a feeling that she was angry
“Or don’t you know our family history” She continue

“My brother was the caretaker but he is no more so it has come down to you and you must accept it before my Burial Ceremony” she said and shut her eye and the calabash started sparkling again this time with a golden lighting emitting from it
I wanted to protest but I found my mouth shut on its own accord

“No need to say anything Chubby I will always be there for you” the voice sounded in my head,
So I close my eye since my mother can communicate with me in my head I had to reply it in my head also

“It’s evil and barbaric I won’t do it” I shouted in my head

‘Nwam you don’t have to do it, he will always do it you just have to give him access to your body, it will be fast and swift you wont even know it happened” immediately she said that I open my eye to behold my-self staring at me “Ikeamu” he said it’s his name…

The moment he appear the four women bow down and started chanting inherent words, I watched as he brought out a shining rope from his pack and give it to my mother who in turn lower the calabash she was carrying and put it inside, it increased the sparkling of the calabash and the four women erupt in a joyful shout.

I was vibrating, a could feel electricity waving across my body

“This is what has kept our community glowing and prospering” My mother spoke again “We are the sacrifice and casted, you have to keep the sacrifice going or else…” I see fear in her eyes fear of what will happen to my soul if I proved stubborn

The wave of electricity that passes across my body knocked me out
I slowly open my eyes to behold men and women in white staring at me,

“Praise thy Lord” my sister shouted from the mist of the crowd
She rushed and hugs me tightly; I could feel her tear dripping on my shoulder

“Nnam what happen to you” she asked amidst the heavy flow of tear streaming down her cheek

Many people have start gathering in the ward because someone just woke from the Death and I am the person I later learnt from my sister that I faint after seeing Amara picture on her Phone, after which she raise alarm and I was rushed to the hospital where the doctors pronounce me dead on arrival.

The new year celebration was not in my favor as the event and dream I had keep replaying in my head, my mother burial is schedule to hold on 12th January, 2014 and I am yet to understand all what she had said the previous time we met.
I sat in my bed, I have been feeling guilty ever since I heard of Amara Death although it felt like a dream but the moment I saw her pic I was sure I did it

“it is a heavy load to carry but the Lord will always be there for you, always follow your good spirit, Never succumb to the will of the enemy” the word of the reverend father keep repeating on my head… I was never a church person but somehow I decided to pray….
Re: The Harvester (a Paranormal Short Story) by chibestjerry(m): 10:42am On Apr 16, 2019
souloho19:

Following!

Cc

Queenitee mhistahrah Pinkberry meneski cyber5 cadec007 igyeseh donkelz pinkfeet helenbee shurley22 tenderblaze chommieblaq oroolorun
Thanks Boss you are highly welcome
Re: The Harvester (a Paranormal Short Story) by chibestjerry(m): 1:20pm On Apr 16, 2019
skubido:

Present ooo.

Tanks for the mention, following
welcome bro
Re: The Harvester (a Paranormal Short Story) by Pinkfeet: 5:06pm On Apr 16, 2019
souloho19:

Following!

Cc

present.

1 Like

Re: The Harvester (a Paranormal Short Story) by Abdulrasaq1995(m): 5:11pm On Apr 16, 2019
May God endow u with more brilliancy...9c write-up
Re: The Harvester (a Paranormal Short Story) by Nobody: 7:16pm On Apr 16, 2019
Thanks for the mention Souloho19
*Grabs popcorn*
Re: The Harvester (a Paranormal Short Story) by cyber5(m): 12:37am On Apr 17, 2019
Pinkfeet:

present.

Pinkfeet baby lemme seat beside you
Re: The Harvester (a Paranormal Short Story) by cyber5(m): 12:38am On Apr 17, 2019
souloho19:

Following!

Cc

Thanks Baba

1 Like

Re: The Harvester (a Paranormal Short Story) by cyber5(m): 1:40am On Apr 17, 2019
I'm so going to enjoy this
Re: The Harvester (a Paranormal Short Story) by chibestjerry(m): 1:51pm On Apr 18, 2019
Throwback
1988 Awka Etiti
Anambra State

The family of Amadi was a peaceful and well organized, living in a self-contain hut in the hub of Enugwu Aguleri. Mazi Ikpeazu was blessed with two daughters and a son.
She sat quietly on the wooden bench, she has just came back from the farm she didn’t wait for her mother and siblings to finish their own portion of work,
She had a wrapper on her waist; she could hear her father Mazi Ikpeazu and his friend Obochi arguing, the man has once asked for her hand in marriage although her father had told him to wait for she is too young to get married at that age.
“Mazi, Why will General Ibrahim Banbagida overthrown Buhari and appoint himself the President of the Armed force of Nigeria” Obochi announced
“My friend that is why we need democrazy, if not those soldier will keep getting power drunk” Mazi Ikpeazu declared
“But…..” Obochi was about to reply when Ujunwa stood at the entrance of the Obi
“Good morning sirs” She said bowing in unison
“Asam Oyokoyom you are welcome” Obochi replied not taking his eye of her waist
“Nne m you are welcome” her father replied
“Let me go and look for Nkem.” she said walking away from the men
Obochi has already not naked her with his big eyes, he could feel her smooth body on his as he ram into her…
“Kai” Mazi Ikpeazu jerked him away from his thought
He really pity the man sexual desire towards his daughter, it was obvious that he has not gotten over the rejection even though he knew he was lying about the age excuse...
All the villagers knew him as a wicked man, it was rumored that he killed his two elder brothers with poison and refused to bury the bodies, he left the body to rot after 2 weeks he bought some people who take the corpses out and burnt them, his only surviving family member was the village chief priest a very famous witch-doctor who is always in support of Obochi actions.
“Mazi let me take my leave” Obochi said, he stood and try out his best to hid his erected lobido, he was embarrassed even though it was the two of them in the Obi.
“Ije oma” mazi replied him
He could see the smirk on Mazi Ikpeazu face, and it made him more embarrassed so There and Then he swore if he can’t have his daughter Ujunwa then no one will.
He was still in his thought when Nkem rushed in panting from the long run he had
He falls on his father foot sobbing
“Nnam what happen’ his father Mazi asked him standing at alarm
“Mummy and Chinaza just stopped breathing” the boy continues wailing
DEATH! DEATH! DEATH!
The death of Chinaza and her mother came as a blow to the family of Amadi, surprisingly there were no sympathizers because every family was in mourning, almost each family lost a life, The gods are angry.
The death continues and kept fluctuating…. It’s time to appease the gods
A town hall meeting was called; everyone was gathered in the village square there is an Iroko tree also known as Ikeamu in the middle of the square
The alarm has been raise after Igwe first son died mysteriously that morning every one gathered waiting for the chief priest and the Igwe to come and address them…
One hour later the two arrived in the village square
“My people I greet you”, the igwe started as soon as he faced the crowd
“As you all have witness the unexplained mysterious death of our families” he kept quiet as the image of his late-son crept into his mind
“So I have summoned the priest and he has find a solution to our problem” he finally said and motion on the chief priest to address the crowd
“We need a sacrifice” the crowd gasps at the mention of sacrifice the last time the chief priest has come up with the issue of sacrifice a young man has been killed to appease the gods
“We need a male and female from the same bloodline for the ritual” this time around his voice was louder…
“And the gods have chosen” he said and turn sharply to where Mazi Ikpeazu was seated “Your family has been chosen Mazi”
Mazi Ikpeazu look at his only daughter direction then to his only son, his heartbeat was heavy and loud, he tries to speak but couldn’t, something came over him, he slump to the ground, and breath his last Another Death!!!
The villagers started to dismiss one after the other, Each man with his own thought about the Amadi family, was the gods right to wipe out all the family linage…

The Day for the ritual finally arrive, it was stationed like a marriage ceremony, if not that it was between a god and a beautiful lady Ujunwa Amadi
She was standing side by side with the iroko tree…
The chief priest started moving around her as he called out the four market day of the igbos,
“Eke, Orie, Afọ and Nkwọ protect and guide your daughter”
“With the power invested in me I announce you Ikeamu” he said referring to the iroko tree “and Ujunwa husband and wife”
There were loud cheers from the crowd but one person owns was more obvious he was happy infact his lobido was happier… OBOCHI
Someone was lurking in the crowd, he doesn’t give a damn about tradition, love has blinded him all he could think of was how to escape with the love of his life, he will sacrifice all for her so that she could see how much he loved her, and he just got the perfect idea of how to escape with her…
It has happened the beautiful Ujunwa has been married to an Iroko tree, the news spread like wildfire
Re: The Harvester (a Paranormal Short Story) by skubido(m): 3:32pm On Apr 18, 2019
Tanks for the update

(1) (Reply)

See What This Talented Biro Artist Drew With Biro � / Jealousy Begoth Hatred (preface) / 'hot Trials': New Novel Transcends Culture To Expose Impact Of Evil Minds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.