Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,258 members, 7,815,399 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

My Bitter Experience With A Nairalander Web Designer Bluefly Design. - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Bitter Experience With A Nairalander Web Designer Bluefly Design. (2692 Views)

Bluefly 2 Premium Responsive Blogger Template / A Nairalander And Blogger, Mandy News Shares New Promo Photos / 9 Questions To Ask Your Web Designer After Handing Over Your Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bitter Experience With A Nairalander Web Designer Bluefly Design. by lcebull3: 8:55pm On May 12, 2019
angry angry angry

Re: My Bitter Experience With A Nairalander Web Designer Bluefly Design. by lobell: 7:25am On May 13, 2019
I will always advocate for using escrow services for these types of deals. So long you will not be meeting your client or provider face-to-face, use escrow for the deal. It protects both the buyer and the seller. It ensures that buyers pay for goods or services received and it forces seller to deliver sterling products.

Cheers.
Re: My Bitter Experience With A Nairalander Web Designer Bluefly Design. by stanliwise(m): 8:37am On May 13, 2019
Portsvessels:
I will be brief as possible.
Have been on nairaland since 2006 thereabout. NL has helped me in lots of ways, gaining admission into UNILAG, helping my business even making my first million. Seun is truly God sent.

Have met quite a number of good guys on NL, my personal doctor, even mechanic, yes mechanic.

Sorry for that intro but been appreciative of this platform.

Fast forward I contacted this Bluefly of a guy after seeing his adverts and his astonishing website, I said to myself Yes this guy must be so good. As an African proverb says, if a person is recommending a cloth you first check the one he is wearing. The guy has a good website ( http://blueflydesign.com.ng/) Alas ! Not all that glitters is gold.

Contacted him 13th March 2019, fast response, good presentation, he seems to know what I want, I told other partners, this guy is our missing link. Fast forward he requested for 100,000 for the brief and 70percent deposit . 70,000 sent 28th of March 2019. Confirmation came in few minutes after payment was sent ( thank God he confirmed). Oya let’s move on to the design, WhatsApp group was set up between our team with him.

Oya designer you’ve not bought domain name....story started... I will buy tomorrow, card rejected.. okay ooo. No wahala

After one week Oga no dey pick call once na after 3 times, he doesn’t respond properly to WhatsApp. Oh he might be so busy with coding so I thought.

Domain later bought 1st of April. Thank God it was still available.

Basic questions that needed to be asked weren’t asked. Payment gateway details (nil) site map(nil) color (nil) even Email and phone Number to be used He was just full of excuses.

Okay after calls and all Oga said we will see a preview of what he has been doing so that we can know he is not joking. Good news. Okay when sir. He said Sunday 14th March 2019 4pm. Na so we all glued to our laptop to see our new baby project. All partners were physically in my house so we can review together. Alas Uncle Excuse came again sorry it will be live around 10pm, everyone left disappointed. At least we confirmed twice before the meeting. I cheered them up 10pm is just around the corner now let’s have group call afterwards now. They all reluctantly accepted. I begged Oga please don’t disappoint me again.

10pm came no show again, everyone started pointing at me, Bluefly no gree pickup. After several attempts Oga dropped message as usual “deepest apologies...bla bla preview can be checked now”. That’s nice my guy all sins are forgiven. Everyone went to check the website, OMG it was CRAP guy only used a dead theme, no professionalism, no work done, nothing.

We’ve been waiting for weeks for only theme demo. My head was off. Was very annoyed.

Oga oya pick calls, called several times no pick up, oh he is busy oya send messages, nooo. He is doing you cannot catch me . Oh I see. Oya where are you let’s have a meeting so that I can know what to tell my other partners. Guy no respond, traced the address on his website at 2, Osho Street OPEBI IKEJA , no one knows him there.

Went on NL only to see someone calling him out that he is a thief bla bla. I felt somehow.

I can share alll details of our chats herein. The guy is quite unprofessional, and the poorest of customer service. He doesn’t feel bothered about anything. He misses your call he doesn’t feel the need to call back at least he has gotten his money.

Sent him a message all I want is a refund .
for a project like that you should have had a personal meeting with him and have some details about him. The guy isn't registered under any approved company name, so why did you put your trust in him. I see alot of problems wth your actions.
But I hope you are taking egal actions against him, like reporting the case to the police etc. Also just be on the lookout, scammers always hang around, it is just a matter of when and where to spot them.
Re: My Bitter Experience With A Nairalander Web Designer Bluefly Design. by smthosting: 12:06am On May 14, 2019
not all of them my brother
BiafranBushBoy:
I will never hand out a job to any of these Nairalanders.

Just a common logo was a serious war!

Never again!!!!
Re: My Bitter Experience With A Nairalander Web Designer Bluefly Design. by Webscript(m): 8:44am On May 15, 2019
BiafranBushBoy:
I will never hand out a job to any of these Nairalanders.

Just a common logo was a serious war!

Never again!!!!
Don't say that because good ones are still on Nairaland
Re: My Bitter Experience With A Nairalander Web Designer Bluefly Design. by atilla(m): 11:14am On May 15, 2019
The blue fly website is even down.

Op pls post the profile of the scammer so people will keep away from him. Because the bluefly profile I checked now has no posts from the user.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With A Nairalander Web Designer Bluefly Design. by TeamPacific: 3:40pm On Jun 25, 2019
Bitxzcheck this is the account he used to scam , if you check well it was around the time the OP opened this thread he also stopped selling themes and he sharply deactivated all his websites the cidezilla website too
Re: My Bitter Experience With A Nairalander Web Designer Bluefly Design. by Venbobo: 4:01pm On Jun 25, 2019
TeamPacific:
Bitxzcheck this is the account he used to scam , if you check well it was around the time the OP opened this thread he also stopped selling themes and he sharply deactivated all his websites the cidezilla website too
Mr man.u are playing with fire
Re: My Bitter Experience With A Nairalander Web Designer Bluefly Design. by Testdeathh: 4:11pm On Jun 27, 2019
Venbobo:

Mr man.u are playing with fire
Shut up you dumb mouth

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Make Money With Google Image Cash! / Cost To Build A Konga-like Site / Free Webmail From Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.