Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,120 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

West Brom To Avenge Odewingie's Racist Banner By *****ing Russians - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / West Brom To Avenge Odewingie's Racist Banner By *****ing Russians (9974 Views)

Dream Team Avenge Defeat from Tunisia-U23 With Three Unreplied Goals. / Keshi Cleared By FIFA Over Racist Comments / Row Over Racist Balotelli Cartoon (2) (3) (4)

West Brom To Avenge Odewingie's Racist Banner By *****ing Russians by Nobody: 5:06am On Sep 15, 2010
West Brom fans will show solidarity with Osaze Odemwingie at Saturday's Premier League match against Tottenham.

Fans will unfurl a banner to counter a racist one displayed at the Nigeria striker's former club Lokomotiv Moscow.

Last month, Russian fans displayed a banner emblazoned with 'Thanks West Brom' with a picture of a banana after the black player left the club.

Danny Lynch of anti-racism group, Kick It Out says that "the banner was overtly racist".

West Brom's banner, created with Kick It Out, reads "Thanks Lokomotiv" and is accompanied by a picture of Odemwingie celebrating his winner on his debut against Sunderland last month.

The banner will appear at Saturday's Premier League match against Tottenham.

"To see messages coming from Lokomotiv fans that were the sort of messages hurled towards black players over here in the seventies just shows how developed we are as a footballing nation," said West Brom fan Martin Greenwood, who orchestrated the response.

The Nigerian was signed from Russian side Lokomotiv Moscow three weeks ago.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/8989926.stm
Re: West Brom To Avenge Odewingie's Racist Banner By *****ing Russians by MrCork10: 1:27pm On Sep 15, 2010
ODEWINKY?? wha kinda name is that? I bet he IBO (no oofeinse) angry
Re: West Brom To Avenge Odewingie's Racist Banner By *****ing Russians by marabout(m): 1:30pm On Sep 15, 2010
@cork,
What part of naij you come from sef? If at all you're naijaman, list the typical names from your tribe.
Re: West Brom To Avenge Odewingie's Racist Banner By *****ing Russians by Ranoscky(m): 1:34pm On Sep 15, 2010
^

Leave dat clown alone, d guy no gbadun! grin
Re: West Brom To Avenge Odewingie's Racist Banner By *****ing Russians by snowdrops(m): 1:37pm On Sep 15, 2010
and this is the same russia bidding for the 2018 world cup. racism is rampant in russian football and the society at large. the authorities keep turning a blind eye to it.

they should be shunned by africa and the rest of the sane world.

Re: West Brom To Avenge Odewingie's Racist Banner By *****ing Russians by unix4real1(m): 1:51pm On Sep 15, 2010
marabout:

@cork,
What part of naij you come from sef? If at all you're naijaman, list the typical names from your tribe.

U dey mind am? grin Thank God say e no even talk say Odewingie no fit speak english grin
Re: West Brom To Avenge Odewingie's Racist Banner By *****ing Russians by bisiaet: 2:49pm On Sep 15, 2010
ODEWINKY?? wha kinda name is that? I bet he IBO (no oofeinse)

Please Mr Cork dont bring sentiment into this for goodness sake and please dont bring about another boiling roof to this house again today. God bless
Re: West Brom To Avenge Odewingie's Racist Banner By *****ing Russians by chelseabmw(m): 3:08pm On Sep 15, 2010
Dr Cork,
What's up with this ur igbo tin today? grin
Re: West Brom To Avenge Odewingie's Racist Banner By *****ing Russians by tijehi(f): 3:09pm On Sep 15, 2010
Mr Cork must you comment on every topic?
E be like say u no dey go work, 'cus u just get time well well.
And by the way stop mis-spelling names.
Re: West Brom To Avenge Odewingie's Racist Banner By *****ing Russians by usbcable(m): 3:10pm On Sep 15, 2010
:Mr Cork::

its a beautiful african name.and its not an ibo name, its an edo name.
and whats with you and ibo's.I used to think the most tribalistic NLander was Ezeuche but it seems like you are a worse racist/tribal individual.
and please stop saying ''no offeinse''.it's funny but in the context with which you use it, its unintelligent.
NO OFFENCE.
Re: West Brom To Avenge Odewingie's Racist Banner By *****ing Russians by Redman44(m): 3:11pm On Sep 15, 2010
I was shocked when I read the story of the racist behaviour of Locomotiv Moscow fans towards Osaze Odemwingie. The fact that he has a Ukrainian mother did not even help matters. I hope FIFA and UEFA took the matter up seriously. Osaze has always been a dedicated player for club and country. He is going to do well in the English Premiership as he has the pace and clinical finishing that top strikers are made of. I just hope he keeps his focus and is not easily distracted by the organised social life in England. He should learn from the likes of Didier Drogba and Michael Essien who respect their wives and are not extreme clubbers. I wish you the best, Osaze cool cool cool

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: West Brom To Avenge Odewingie's Racist Banner By *****ing Russians by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 15, 2010
Russian especially Lokomotiv Fan are bloody racist bastards n forkard racist they even hate among themselves. AND THEY ARE BIDDING FOR THE 2018 WORLD CUP. the worst part is that FIFA say they're not considering racism as a factor!
Re: West Brom To Avenge Odewingie's Racist Banner By *****ing Russians by Goldenmeda(m): 5:11pm On Sep 15, 2010
Russian pple & Lokomotiv Fan re ungrateful to Osaze, 10xs u all (West Brom) 4 d support, i promise Odewingie will never let u go relegation dis seeason

Re: West Brom To Avenge Odewingie's Racist Banner By *****ing Russians by kabukabu(m): 6:09pm On Sep 15, 2010

Re: West Brom To Avenge Odewingie's Racist Banner By *****ing Russians by legendprac(m): 11:21pm On Sep 15, 2010
Mr. Cork, all ur posts on nl dat i've seen makes me weep 4 ppl dat interact with u in person, U r soooo DUMB
Re: West Brom To Avenge Odewingie's Racist Banner By *****ing Russians by ajailer(m): 12:57am On Sep 16, 2010
leave mr cork alone, my advise 2 u guys is to always remain silent on whatever he says cos i am getting a feeling that he is an attention craving personality.
Re: West Brom To Avenge Odewingie's Racist Banner By *****ing Russians by shotster50(m): 1:01am On Sep 16, 2010
Dear Mr Cork,

May I suggest you go to the library and brush up on your ignorance?  (No Offeince)
Re: West Brom To Avenge Odewingie's Racist Banner By *****ing Russians by tpiah: 1:06am On Sep 16, 2010
very handsome man. He looks more russian than nigerian sef.

and funny enough, i did wonder if his decision to play on the nigerian national team partly fueled that embarassing display of ignorance from the banner carriers.

http://ndn.nigeriadailynews.com/templates/?a=13355

but does russia have any biracials at all on any of it's national teams?

e dey pain me say this guy didnt go to med school sha.

I know if not for football I would have been a doctor," Osaze said.
Re: West Brom To Avenge Odewingie's Racist Banner By *****ing Russians by Nobody: 1:27am On Sep 16, 2010
ajailer:

leave mr cork alone, my advise 2 u guys is to always remain silent on whatever he says cos i am getting a feeling that he is an attention craving personality.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: West Brom To Avenge Odewingie's Racist Banner By *****ing Russians by Nobody: 1:29am On Sep 16, 2010
[/quote]a[quote author=shotster50 link=topic=513669.msg6761806#msg6761806 date=1284595300]
Dear Mr Cork,

May I suggest you go to the library and brush up on your ignorance?  (No Offeince)

LWKMD
Re: West Brom To Avenge Odewingie's Racist Banner By *****ing Russians by Ruq: 1:30am On Sep 16, 2010
What ever Bleep those Russians Ungrateful B.astards!
Re: West Brom To Avenge Odewingie's Racist Banner By *****ing Russians by rasputinn(m): 6:56am On Sep 16, 2010
Highly commendable
Well done,West Bromwich Albion,shame on you,darned Russians(I know them so well)
I say FIFA should shun racist Russia as per the 2018 world cup
Re: West Brom To Avenge Odewingie's Racist Banner By *****ing Russians by stevefryo: 8:52am On Sep 16, 2010
No mind them Odewingie your first GOAL they pain them for body, God go punish them. tongue obiiiiiiiiiiiii R, s.
Re: West Brom To Avenge Odewingie's Racist Banner By *****ing Russians by illusion2: 9:57am On Sep 16, 2010

Stop being an ignoramus & learn how to spell 'offence' tongue .
BTW he's from Edo state wink

REALITY101:

West Brom fans will show solidarity with Osaze Odemwingie at Saturday's Premier League match against Tottenham.
Fans will unfurl a banner to counter a racist one displayed at the Nigeria striker's former club Lokomotiv Moscow.
Last month, Russian fans displayed a banner emblazoned with 'Thanks West Brom' with a picture of a banana after the black player left the club.
Danny Lynch of anti-racism group, Kick It Out says that "the banner was overtly racist".
West Brom's banner, created with Kick It Out, reads "Thanks Lokomotiv" and is accompanied by a picture of Odemwingie celebrating his winner on his debut against Sunderland last month.
The banner will appear at Saturday's Premier League match against Tottenham.
"To see messages coming from Lokomotiv fans that were the sort of messages hurled towards black players over here in the seventies just shows how developed we are as a footballing nation," said West Brom fan Martin Greenwood, who orchestrated the response.
The Nigerian was signed from Russian side Lokomotiv Moscow three weeks ago.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/8989926.stm

This had little to do with anti-racism ,but more to do with England trying to take advantage of the situation against their main rivals for the 2018 world cup slot (Russia). Nice initiative on their part tho' kiss .
Re: West Brom To Avenge Odewingie's Racist Banner By *****ing Russians by sirmseen(m): 7:29am On Sep 21, 2010
I dont get it! Is it that those russians do not want osaze to leave ? Osaze had to leave for greener pasture anyways and this tiggered their anger thereby leading to their racist behaviour. Or are they actually happy that he left? angry angry angry
Re: West Brom To Avenge Odewingie's Racist Banner By *****ing Russians by BoboNaStar: 9:22am On Sep 21, 2010
it sounds to me that those russian fans are as backward as everybody thought they were, and to think they are bidding for the 2018, i hope they get it too, just to see my boy Osazee scoring and taunting the hell out those ingrates, (and Lord knows thats the only way the russians are ever gonna qualify for a world cup)

How Team Nigeria Performed At The Paralympics Games / NPFL: Warri Wolves Vs Heartland On Monday 27th April / Australia Passes Law To Pay Male And Female Footballers Equal Pay