Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,734 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:15 PM

Protest Rocks EKEDC Marina, Lagos Over Lack Of Power Supply, Roads Blocked (Pix) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protest Rocks EKEDC Marina, Lagos Over Lack Of Power Supply, Roads Blocked (Pix) (20661 Views)

Roads Blocked As Kano Residents Welcome Tinubu (Pictures) / Sowore Refuses Police Boss Plea To Ask NANS Protesters To Open Roads Blocked / Roads Blocked As Osinbajo Visits Delta State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protest Rocks EKEDC Marina, Lagos Over Lack Of Power Supply, Roads Blocked (Pix) by Kinikini: 5:13pm On Apr 16, 2019
Your post touched a chord. But looking critically at the issue of ethnicity in Nigeria, Usman and Emeka are never fully assimilated. They claim Hausa and Igbo despite being more of the other tribe and even speaking the other language more than their mother's language. Usman will rather fight and support another Hausa man who has trouble with the Igbos of Umuahia in Umuahia even if he was meeting the Hausa for the first time. Emeka will almost behave the same in Kano. The point is, settlers do not totally accept full assimilation and the indigent neither allow full assimilation.

Pojomojo:
Usman, My favourite suya guy in Umuahia is Hausa by both parents but born and raised in Umuahia. He speaks fluent Igbo.

Emeka, from Umuahia has lived all his life in Sabon Garin Kano. Clean Hausa

In time of crisis,we attack Usman & Emeka & tell them to go home.

Where is home?

1 Like

Re: Protest Rocks EKEDC Marina, Lagos Over Lack Of Power Supply, Roads Blocked (Pix) by ikombe: 5:23pm On Apr 16, 2019
phiszo:

Payment on delivery??
If you say so wink
Re: Protest Rocks EKEDC Marina, Lagos Over Lack Of Power Supply, Roads Blocked (Pix) by StRichard(m): 5:47pm On Apr 16, 2019
Akanoaaa:

Haaa.. Thunder fire ur mount wey u just take lie now. No be the same Oshogbo wey I dey stay? U be Dundee. Na igbona I dey stay for Oshogbo.
Lol...my dear that's pure sarcasm, that's how buharists talk. By the way I don't even know where oshogbo is located
Re: Protest Rocks EKEDC Marina, Lagos Over Lack Of Power Supply, Roads Blocked (Pix) by buJu234: 5:58pm On Apr 16, 2019
Those of us that stay in poor area can we now see how suffer looks like?

Global warming nor knw APC or PDP or Igbos or afonja or aboki! !!

The bigger boys areas like VI, Ikoyi, lekki, have a lot of diesel GEN that are running 24/7 non stop... plus car a/c when they are going out.

O God , I must hammer legally this yr in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Protest Rocks EKEDC Marina, Lagos Over Lack Of Power Supply, Roads Blocked (Pix) by Akanoaaa(m): 6:08pm On Apr 16, 2019
StRichard:
Lol...my dear that's pure sarcasm, that's how buharists talk. By the way I don't even know where oshogbo is located
See this one too. Na south Sudan
Re: Protest Rocks EKEDC Marina, Lagos Over Lack Of Power Supply, Roads Blocked (Pix) by StRichard(m): 6:14pm On Apr 16, 2019
Akanoaaa:

See this one too. Na south Sudan
wink wink wink
Re: Protest Rocks EKEDC Marina, Lagos Over Lack Of Power Supply, Roads Blocked (Pix) by computer0810(m): 6:15pm On Apr 16, 2019
Kingpee2:
They won’t protest against sars ,na Nepa una dey take get power .Nigerians ehn.
u can assemble ur family and protest that....since ur own is to see wrong or demand more from ppl while u do nothing rather than writing nonsense
Re: Protest Rocks EKEDC Marina, Lagos Over Lack Of Power Supply, Roads Blocked (Pix) by funkyjms: 7:25pm On Apr 16, 2019
loveli2uall:
As e be for Ilesa Osun state

Really?
Ilesha wey I no dey bother charge my gadgets during service year...
But Oshogbo still serving Ilesha, why should that be...
Re: Protest Rocks EKEDC Marina, Lagos Over Lack Of Power Supply, Roads Blocked (Pix) by soke02(m): 7:26pm On Apr 16, 2019
May be they were protesting because of too much light.
Re: Protest Rocks EKEDC Marina, Lagos Over Lack Of Power Supply, Roads Blocked (Pix) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:42pm On Apr 16, 2019
Akanoaaa:

Haaa.. Thunder fire ur mount wey u just take lie now. No be the same Oshogbo wey I dey stay? U be Dundee. Na igbona I dey stay for Oshogbo.
lolzz baba vex some Nigerians foolish u de explain den de yarn nonsense...jst like bashir said omotola node make clean money
Re: Protest Rocks EKEDC Marina, Lagos Over Lack Of Power Supply, Roads Blocked (Pix) by onyxo76(m): 7:52pm On Apr 16, 2019
funkyjms:

Really?
Ilesha wey I no dey bother charge my gadgets during service year...
But Oshogbo still serving Ilesha, why should that be...
ilesa was disconnected from the national grid a month ago following a bitter protest lasting 2 days by awon boys in the hood who could no longer afford the estimated billings being brought every month. they went to the nepa office beat up everyone and burnt the bills already calculated till the month of June, roads were blocked and there was no movement for 2 days in the town, i was in ilesa for the 2 days of the protest so i witnessed everything live ,it was not funny at all.
The whole ijesa environs were disconnected but later restored ,but ilesa township is still in darkness as i type. The case is in court and the oba of the town had a meeting with IBEDEC officials last thursday with a view of reaching a compromise... we hope for the best sha.

1 Like

Re: Protest Rocks EKEDC Marina, Lagos Over Lack Of Power Supply, Roads Blocked (Pix) by Studyinchina200(m): 10:06pm On Apr 16, 2019
Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Protest Rocks EKEDC Marina, Lagos Over Lack Of Power Supply, Roads Blocked (Pix) by funkyjms: 10:54pm On Apr 16, 2019
onyxo76:
ilesa was disconnected from the national grid a month ago following a bitter protest lasting 2 days by awon boys in the hood who could no longer afford the estimated billings being brought every month. they went to the nepa office beat up everyone and burnt the bills already calculated till the month of June, roads were blocked and there was no movement for 2 days in the town, i was in ilesa for the 2 days of the protest so i witnessed everything live ,it was not funny at all.
The whole ijesa environs were disconnected but later restored ,but ilesa township is still in darkness as i type. The case is in court and the oba of the town had a meeting with IBEDEC officials last thursday with a view of reaching a compromise... we hope for the best sha.

So far it's for estimated billing, I'm 100% in support of it. The same thing happened in my permanent residence 2 months ago, a town not as big as Ilesha; so that's quite commendable from the boiz! Change entails some sacrifices.
Re: Protest Rocks EKEDC Marina, Lagos Over Lack Of Power Supply, Roads Blocked (Pix) by rexwalters: 7:52am On Apr 17, 2019
Arysexy:
Minister of Darkness and assistance minister of lies, told us Most Nigerians are enjoying 24hours supply. Is Lagos not among those enjoying the 24 hours supply?

Sango + Amadioha will finish all these APC liars
Shut up Brainless Goat does EKDC belong to the Federal Government?
Re: Protest Rocks EKEDC Marina, Lagos Over Lack Of Power Supply, Roads Blocked (Pix) by Pojomojo: 8:02am On Apr 17, 2019
Kinikini:
Your post touched a chord. But looking critically at the issue of ethnicity in Nigeria, Usman and Emeka are never fully assimilated. They claim Hausa and Igbo despite being more of the other tribe and even speaking the other language more than their mother's language. Usman will rather fight and support another Hausa man who has trouble with the Igbos of Umuahia in Umuahia even if he was meeting the Hausa for the first time. Emeka will almost behave the same in Kano. The point is, settlers do not totally accept full assimilation and the indigent neither allow full assimilation.

True
Re: Protest Rocks EKEDC Marina, Lagos Over Lack Of Power Supply, Roads Blocked (Pix) by Pojomojo: 8:04am On Apr 17, 2019
Be openminded has helped people like you reason better
kaorama:

Of what relevance is your submission to the subject matter. Abstaining from weed has helped a lot of people.
Re: Protest Rocks EKEDC Marina, Lagos Over Lack Of Power Supply, Roads Blocked (Pix) by KBbeausaty: 9:58pm On Apr 17, 2019
[quote author=osuofia2 post=77592881]HERE IN ABJ AEDC GIVES US LIGHT ALMOST 24HRS

For d past 2mnths lyt s not stable here in kubwa oo
Re: Protest Rocks EKEDC Marina, Lagos Over Lack Of Power Supply, Roads Blocked (Pix) by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 19, 2019
BillgatesMaigad:
If we relocate who will now come and build the country of our dream

Na so other people relocate come our country?

Why can't Africans stay in Africa and develop Africa.

Maybe na Aliens go come develop our country for us las las so make we kukuma turn to Aliens
The ones that tries to change the system are frustrated so what do you expect
Re: Protest Rocks EKEDC Marina, Lagos Over Lack Of Power Supply, Roads Blocked (Pix) by webizone(m): 12:56am On Nov 20, 2022
Kingpee2:
They won’t protest against sars ,na Nepa una dey take get power .Nigerians ehn.

How you see 2020?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Niger State Deputy Governor Decamps To APC With 200 Others / Vote Buhari To Get Presidency 2023- Martins Azubuike, PDP Chieftain Tells Ndigbo / Nigerian Army Reclaims Baga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.