Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,832 members, 7,817,432 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Creating An Enabling Environment - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Creating An Enabling Environment (302 Views)

Creating An Impressive CV For New Graduates / Virtual Health And Safety Environment Service, Port Harcourt / "We'll Continue To Create An Enabling Environment For Our Artisan" - Akeredolu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Creating An Enabling Environment by IRWNigeria: 3:15pm On Apr 16, 2019
”Employees are a company's greatest asset - they're your competitive advantage. You want to attract and retain the best; provide them with encouragement, stimulus, and make them feel that they are an integral part of the company's mission.” - Anne M. Mulcahy

In recent times, it has become a cliché amongst Organizations to say “Our employees are our most valuable assets”. However a lot of organizations only seem to be paying lip service to this because they want to be recognized as one of the organizations who have embraced this line of thought since it is world’s best practice but in real terms they are far away from recognizing their employees as their most valuable assets.

Whilst some organizations don’t intend to just pay lip service to this they are clueless as to how they can achieve it. It can be achieved by being deliberate in creating an enabling environment that shows clearly that Employees are their most valuable asset. An environment that allows employees to express their thoughts and concerns without fear of expression or victimization of any sort.

An employee who worked for over 13 years in a company was asked why he thinks he was laid off, he said “I guess because I made poor quality shoes but in the thirteen years not once was I allowed to express my thought on how I can get the job done better. Not once.” This is a great loss for both the employee and the organization.

What is an enabling environment?

An Enabling environment is one which encourages constant communication across board, which allows for employees to air their thoughts and opinions about how they can increase productivity. It is one which allow a degree of failure, knowing it is a step to success. Where everybody is treated with respect and dignity, it allows people take ownership of Organizational processes.

How to create an enabling environment
• Treat employees with respect.
• Put up proper reporting lines in place were needs and concerns can be shared and addressed.
• Processes are easy and free of any known or perceived bottle necks
• Value the opinion of employees
• Be value driven
• Give them a sense of meaning

Employees will experience more job satisfaction and engagement in an enabling environment which will ultimately increase profitability for the Organization. Organizations stay productive and relevant by created an enabling and supportive environment that fuel innovation and increases productivity.

Written by Funmi Adedipe

Guest Writer for IRW

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Creating An Enabling Environment by Khadijat3(f): 3:21pm On Apr 16, 2019
[quote author=IRWNigeria post=77592336]”Employees are a company's greatest asset - they're your competitive advantage. You want to attract and retain the best; provide them with encouragement, stimulus, and make them feel that they are an integral part of the company's mission.” - Anne M. Mulcahy

In recent times, it has become a cliché amongst Organizations to say “Our employees are our most valuable assets”. However a lot of organizations only seem to be paying lip service to this because they want to be recognized as one of the organizations who have embraced this line of thought since it is world’s best practice but in real terms they are far away from recognizing their employees as their most valuable assets.

Whilst some organizations don’t intend to just pay lip service to this they are clueless as to how they can achieve it. It can be achieved by being deliberate in creating an enabling environment that shows clearly that Employees are their most valuable asset. An environment that allows employees to express their thoughts and concerns without fear of expression or victimization of any sort.

An employee who worked for over 13 years in a company was asked why he thinks he was laid off, he said “I guess because I made poor quality shoes but in the thirteen years not once was I allowed to express my thought on how I can get the job done better. Not once.” This is a great loss for both the employee and the organization.

What is an enabling environment?

An Enabling environment is one which encourages constant communication across board, which allows for employees to air their thoughts and opinions about how they can increase productivity. It is one which allow a degree of failure, knowing it is a step to success. Where everybody is treated with respect and dignity, it allows people take ownership of Organizational processes.

How to create an enabling environment
• Treat employees with respect.
• Put up proper reporting lines in place were needs and concerns can be shared and addressed.
• Processes are easy and free of any known or perceived bottle necks
• Value the opinion of employees
• Be value driven
• Give them a sense of meaning

Employees will experience more job satisfaction and engagement in an enabling environment which will ultimately increase profitability for the Organization. Organizations stay productive and relevant by created an enabling and supportive environment that fuel innovation and increases productivity.

Written by Funmi Adedipe

Guest Writer for IRW
[/quote

Very educative...Good job
Re: Creating An Enabling Environment by joeybankz: 11:08am On Oct 01, 2020
Recently organizations are responding to social issues in their environments of operation. Some could not of course, unless they were forced, like the other companies operating in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Money On Black Friday - Step By Step Guide / Word Of The Day! / Business Development Executives And Secretary/telemarketer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.