Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,175 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

The Mechanism Of A Motorcycle Applied To ( Real Life Approach) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Mechanism Of A Motorcycle Applied To ( Real Life Approach) (318 Views)

My Coping Mechanism During Life Challenges, share yours too.e / REIGN : A Motorcycle Club Romance Novel. / Mobile Phone Accessories (applied To Real Life Approach) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Mechanism Of A Motorcycle Applied To ( Real Life Approach) by Darevofpeace(m): 5:26pm On Apr 16, 2019
It was some weeks back when I had mechanical fault with my motorcycle. I had issues with my brakepad.
I assumed I would be able to manage this,but while on the road, every road bumbs I climbed, my bike speeds so fast and this almost made me to hit the automobiles directly in my front same as the ones behind me hitting mine.
As if that was not enough, I started using my shoe and two legs as break to slow down the bike.After several risks, I did packed the bike and went to look for a roadside mechanic.
While the repair was going on,I had a reflection of writing this article.Riding a bike is more of brain work.It does requires good eye and hand coordination.
Riding a motorcycle got the one the highest risk among all the automobiles,because your left leg and right legs are the doors and any little distractions,your legs might be broken into pieces while you slides on the hard road when an accident happens.
You also put yourself at a risk of hitting your head on the road.Asides flying in an airplane, even road accidents are more higher compared to plane crashes.
A motorcycle has a gear system which comprises of gear (1- 4) a handbrake, a leg brake,a clutch, an accelerator, a leg kick,for start up and an ignition. I am going to list out all these mechanical parts and apply it to life.

(1)The Ignition
Every motorcycle has an ignition which has the on/off sign.To start up your bike,you must turn on this and return the gear to neutral before the ignition light turn's green.
In life,there are several door's and many golden opportunities but a whole lot's of these requires knowing what to do and how to do it ?Opening any door is always made so easy,as long you put in the appropriate keys meant for the door.Every start up in life requires a key before the green light to move shows.

(2)The Gear System
The gear box of every motorcycle has (1- 4 ) gear system, at the start of your bike,you must return it to the neutral in order to make the bike free to move.
It shows you need not to carry the burden of yesteryears into the new day which already got it own sufficient evil vices therein.Every bike whose ignition key is turned off while the gear is not at neutral would hook the tyres.
The gear one is for the forward movement and it's the lowest of all,using this makes the bike to be noisy and you must change it to gear two to cool down the noise of the bike and accelerate.
The higher your gear level,the faster it speed and the less the noise of the bike.Riding your bike on gear four makes it so speedy and you tend to feel so happy because you would have cool breeze following you while you ride.
In life,the higher you go, the tougher it becomes and the more the risk you take.Life wasn't meant for rehearsals nor to have an opportunity for internship.
Life starts immediately at birth and every actions and inactions would affect the eventualities of your whole life in phases and at the long run.
Anytime you ride on a motorcycle, at every new junction of every highway's,you must return the gear to a lower gear,the reason is just that all other automobiles are plying the road with you and you do not want to have a collision with others.
Asides that,people walks by the road sides and some who are defiant of using the pedestal bridges would still put your ride at higher risk,because you must still watch for them while they make sudden cross across the highway's.
For every new stage's in life you must slow down to observe the trend in such environment and see how you would use all basic and available resources to achieve all your set aims and objectives.
You must never venture into any project,business and any new task without you knowing what to do and how to do it? Abraham Lincoln said "If I was able to see ahead of my peers,it's because I had stood on the shoulder's of the giants who had gone far ahead of me"
Why would you begin a battle you never intend to win at the first instance ? or begin any given projects you had no intention to finish up after expending several resources,time and efforts on such.

(3)The Clutch

The clutch of any motorcycle is one of the most essential mechanical part.The clutch is located at the left hand side and while been diligently held by your left hand,it determines the pick up movement too.
Why the clutch of a bike is very essential is that before you change any of the gear system, you must hold the clutch and start to release it slowly as you apply the accelerator on the right.
The risk of you applying the clutch and releasing it too early while you accelerate put your ride at a higher risk because your bike would have a sudden forward jump and you put your self at greater risk.
You must not also hold it so tight, because it would stop the movement of the bike while you keep accelerating.
Therefore, you must need to keep a balance in between the clutch,the brake, the change of gear and the accelerator.
Life must have it own clutch. You must develop your personal values in life.People must know you with what you can do and things you can not do.If an investigation is been carried out about your personality in your environment or your work place without your awareness, what would people say about you?
There must be checks and balances in your life.You must know what to do? and the direction to go in life.While you accelerate in life,you must keep reviewing your life from the past,the one at present and the one's for the future.
You must not follow the crowd and do things everybody does.I have done my observations in life,human love to follow 'trend' without asking question about why? the reason is not far fetched,it's because ''thinking to breakthrough in life is a real hardwork and it's a daily task as long you are stay alive and it's not meant for the faint hearted nor people who can't apply the mind power''
The fact remains that " where the mind goes,the man follows" your final outcome in life would be ultimately decided by the dominating thoughts in your mind."Before you can change the direction of your life,you must need to change what you meditate upon in your mind "

(4)The brake

The brake of any automobile is a big check to having an head on collision, not only must you know how to apply your brake ? you must also know when to apply it? in the case of an emergency, you must not apply the brake too early nor too late. An Automobile without a brake is an accident waiting to happen.
If an automobile with a brake does have an accident,how much of the one who has no functional brake system.
In life, you must know when to stop while going through a wrong direction and how to stop.No matter how far you had gone in life, if you would make the right decisions, there would be a positive change in your entire life.
Life must have control and discipline must be entirely enforced.Someone said "discipline is the soul of an army,it makes small numbers formidable"
A life without caution is a 'gun powder' waiting to explode,an unexamined life is not worth living.
I hope all my readers had learnt a lesson or two from my write up.This article was originally written by ayobami joseph.

(1) (Reply)

The Green Bottle (continuation) / Untalented / This Dereliction, A Poem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.