Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,075 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

"I Have No Words For It!" - De Ligt Stunned By Ajax Comeback - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "I Have No Words For It!" - De Ligt Stunned By Ajax Comeback (431 Views)

Super Eagles Keeper Maduka Okoye Wanted By Ajax / Real Madrid Fans Stunned To See Hazard In Action / Golden Boy 2019 Nominees: De Ligt, Vinicius, Hudson-odoi, Kean & Felix Included (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"I Have No Words For It!" - De Ligt Stunned By Ajax Comeback by Newsblenda(m): 12:35am On Apr 17, 2019
Ajax captain Matthijs De Ligt has admitted that he was left lost for words after his side came from behind to beat Juventus in the Champions League quarter-finals.

After a 1-1 draw in Amsterdam last week, Cristiano Ronaldo's goal looked to have put the Italians on course for the semi-finals only for goals from Donny van de Beek and De Ligt to turn the game on its head.

And the 19-year-old, who was not born when Ajax last reached the last four, was left stunned by what he and his team-mates had achieved.

"It's bizarre, not normal.I have no words for it!" he told reporters after the match.

"We have shown once again that we are very strong and that we can make it difficult for large teams.

"We have defeated Real and Juventus, two intended title candidates.We are very proud, the supporters are proud, the city is proud."

Ajax will play either Tottenham Hotspur or Manchester City in the semi-finals.

READ MORE HERE:https://www.newsblenda.com/post/football/i-have-no-words-for-it-de-ligt-stunned-by-ajax-comeback.html

(1) (Reply)

AS Roma 'Bans' Their Players From Taking Photos With Drake. See Why / Manchester derby prematch analysis ( 24/04/19 ) / Europa League S/F: Three Things To Look Out For As Arsenal Host Valencia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.