Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,009 members, 7,863,668 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:57 PM

The Rich In Rags - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Rich In Rags (263 Views)

Was The Righteousness Of Job As Filthy Rags Before God? / Our Righteousness Is Not Filthy Rags, God Wants Our Righteousness / Parable Of The Rich Man And Lazarus: What Was The Sin Of The Rich Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Rich In Rags by toyinaremu(f): 8:25am On Apr 17, 2019
''She claimed to be a wealthy lady, well placed socially but she wears rag all the time, why trying to be what she is not'', Dupe expressed.

''Oh, no she is not faking it! She's really wealthy but I cannot understand why she puts on wears that does not befit her status'', she responded.
This is exactly the scenario of a new trend that is fast creeping into the church, body revealing blouses and dresses for females including young female ministers at that.

Yes it’s not bad to look good or dress well but the key word should be modesty knowing that we are the Bible the world is reading and our outward appearance is what will give the first impression, take it or leave it!.

Tell me you are tongue speaking, fire brand, heaven connected, spirit filled and all I see from your dressing is body parts, cleavage, thigh, over-fitted dresses showing the curves etc mbok I will definitely start questioning your faith.

Nobody is saying you cannot dress well but you have to remember you have been bought with a price and so glorify God in the adorning of your body. The uniqueness of a lady is in the design of her body. It was specially formed in such a way that it should be properly packaged; otherwise it will be seriously abused, hence she will become a sexual object and you hear compliment like 'you look sexy', oh my Father, sexy christian sister!

This is my own conclusion, you can have yours as this article is not for argument on whether dressing contributes to the development of the nation or it is religion to think like this. I am not here to argue about your school of thought that says those modest sisters are worse in attitude or what have you, neither am I condemning anyone, all I know is our dressings should and must definitely be different from the world and utterly give honour to God’s name.

The brothers in gangster haircut even in the church, I greet you; not going that direction today. My fashion designer knows my type of dress. Give your designer boundaries, it is not pride! Wear that cloth before any occasion in case your tailor decided to sew 'oninown'!

How well is your dressing modeling the Christ you said you receive? Modesty is modern, modesty is bae and modesty is slaying! Do not be a Deborah in Jezebel apparel, let Christ be seen in your dressing, that is the first point of contact.

(1) (Reply)

'gbese For Jesus' - Man Of God And His Members Filmed Doing The Zanku/legwork / Pray For Nigeria LEGISLATURE / NBA Abuja Wishes Esteemed Muslims Ramadan Kareem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.