Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,551 members, 7,819,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Mrs Akeredolu Felicitates First Female FUNAAB SUG President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mrs Akeredolu Felicitates First Female FUNAAB SUG President (342 Views)

Ogbu Emmanuel, EBSU SUG President Spent N10m Given To Students By Governor Umahi / Mrs Akeredolu Charges Young Women To Be Ict Compliant For Self Reliance: / In Ondo: Mrs. Akeredolu Distributes 400 Laptops To Girls (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mrs Akeredolu Felicitates First Female FUNAAB SUG President by adebayoabiola: 11:42am On Apr 17, 2019
The First Lady of Ondo State Governor Arabirin Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu has congratulated the newly elected female President of the Students Union Government of the Federal University Agriculture Abeokuta FUNAAB Comrade Tawakalitu Adeola.

The Jinx was broken after 31years of male dominance just as the first substantive female Director of currency, Central Bank of Nigeria, Mrs Eleje Priscilla was confirmed and signed Nigeria currency Naira for the first time.

Source
http://ondostate.gov.ng/Home/NewsItem/Betty-Akeredolu-hails-Priscilla-Ekwere-Eleje-As-First-Female-Signatory-On-Naira

In a statement, the Wife of the Governor said “the Jinx is broken! Congratulations, Adeola.”

“This is no mean fit given the cultural milieu in which you and I were raised. Our place, we have been told time and time again is in the kitchen and “oza” room. Not anymore!

A woman’s place is EVERYWHERE!!!
Well done!

Your election as the President of FUNAAB is a proof beyond any reasonable doubt that a woman can lead.

I expect your leadership to bring to the table Vitality and Optimism among female undergraduates nationwide and inspire many more to have a voice in students’ unionism.

I can tell you that student’s unionism is the “IT” grooming ground for politics and political engagement. As we strive for equal gender representation in all spheres of our lives in Nigeria,

I wish you a successful tenure.” She said

(1) (Reply)

IPOB Calls For Sit-at-home In Benue, Adamawa, Kaduna May 30 / 2019 General Elections: The Army Staged A Coup Against Rivers State -gov Wike / Drama As Permanent Secretary Fail To Recite Nigerian Anthem , States And Capital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.