Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,237 members, 7,815,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time (47285 Views)

Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much / How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss / Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Ogaga87(m): 4:34pm On Apr 17, 2019
If you think village people are involve, fine.. But I had this same experience when I went for NYSC.. I got the acceptance letter but was rejected on the day of resumption.. With full joy and my strong believe that my CREATOR is the king of all principalities and power, I told the HR that I have no problem with the rejection.. After two weeks of waiting for NYSC to repost me, I got a call from the same company asking me to resume, and shortly after that call, an official of NYSC also called that he received my rejection letter and has queried the company for rejecting me.. It didn't end there, he also requested that I should resume at the my place of PPA immediately.. That was how grace and mercies turned everything around..

I served in Lagos with all joy that earning 10k plus federal allawiiy will do me well but the place that rejected me where I eventually served paid me 34,600 per month excluding my federal allowance..

Brethren nobody can change what God has prepared for you in this life

2 Likes

Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 17, 2019
Kendumazy:

Blablablablabla. Go and start up a business and see how easy it is.

That's your business not hers cool (*Pun intended*)

but I will reject it, while should I take a business as mine, when corporate bodies have no emotional capacity , when it comes to sacking business doesn't send. I hate the corporate world, they will try to appeal to your emotional state if you let them do that, you go hear am. I worked weekends, slept in office, almost killed myself for organization just to get no promotion and small increase in pay. She made the right choice however I don't agree with posting on twitter though

3 Likes

Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Sanchez01: 4:35pm On Apr 17, 2019
She fired herself, really. It's safe to say she had the job but bluntly turned down her employer's terms. The response was too direct and lacked tact. In cases like that, it is always safe to ask if you can negotiate that day or your work workdays (weekends). If given the chance, then go ahead and put your offer on the table, if not, think about accepting the offer that way or just walk away.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 17, 2019
Kendumazy:

Blablablablabla. Go and start up a business and see how easy it is.
Does that warrant over stressing staff?
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 17, 2019
TANID:
Welcome To 9JA
grin

It's like that all over the world, if you can't work the hours required, you don't get the job.

1 Like

Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by san316(m): 4:36pm On Apr 17, 2019
The girl is mad claiming she was fired. There was a disagreement in the contract and she turned down the offer. Obviously, she was not even on her way sef. yeye

2 Likes

Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Creampro: 4:36pm On Apr 17, 2019
1234IKECHhukwu:
I don't understand how do u fire someone who is yet to start working for u.

Because.. "I can't" has already shown someone who will demonstrate defiant tendencies from the start.

She needs to develop her interpersonal skills.
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by TemmyT002(m): 4:37pm On Apr 17, 2019
No be by force na. If you can't follow the employer's rules, carry your wahala and go.
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by kenodrill: 4:37pm On Apr 17, 2019
Mumu girl.possible she's preserving Saturday's for her boyfriend.sense fall on you .
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Xisnin(m): 4:37pm On Apr 17, 2019
Fake news.
She does not need the job.
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 17, 2019
Sanchez01:
She fired herself, really. It's safe to say she had the job but bluntly turned down her employer's terms. The response was too direct and lacked tact. In cases like that, it is always safe to ask if you can negotiate that day or your work workdays (weekends). If given the chance, then go ahead and put your offer on the table, if not, think about accepting the offer that way or just walk away.

Or even accept the job, and when you are firmly through the door, negotiate the Saturday shift... you're right, she didn't need the job that badly

3 Likes

Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 17, 2019
Creampro:
All these I can't work Saturdays...if you are in Europe you will be asking for more hours sef.
Because their wage is reasonable moreover it is higher over here because of exchange rate
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by san316(m): 4:38pm On Apr 17, 2019
She is not even truthful sef. She said she was to resume 9am whereas the chat showed 11
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by kernniejay(m): 4:39pm On Apr 17, 2019
You have not resumed and they are already monitoring you with whatsapp! sure when u resume you wont have any breathing space. You don't know the calamity that God averted for you.

1 Like

Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by sweetrace(f): 4:39pm On Apr 17, 2019
I won’t employ her in the first place. I don’t think it professional to respond to your potential boss with a thanks and not a thank you. Plus she’s not smart. She did not accept the terms of employment. How did she arrive at her being fired? Then we’ll keep hearing how there are no jobs.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Sanchez01: 4:43pm On Apr 17, 2019
Guest007:

Or even accept the job, and when you are firmly through the door, negotiate the Saturday shift... you're right, she didn't need the job that badly
Exactly.
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by planetx: 4:44pm On Apr 17, 2019
Creampro:
All these I can't work Saturdays...if you are in Europe you will be asking for more hours sef.
Because they get paid per hr different from when you are on a fixed salary.
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by sinola(m): 4:44pm On Apr 17, 2019
The babe ain't smart atall... Maybe the employer even wants to test her by telling her she has to work on saturdays. She would have accepted the offer and in the course of work, renegotiate but if they refuses, she quits.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Rajman45(m): 4:44pm On Apr 17, 2019
Na only for 9ja person dey say dem sack her before getting the job. Dis girl mumu shall..... Well, she has a choice.
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by greatermeme: 4:46pm On Apr 17, 2019
tgmservice:
maybe your employee was scared of your wugly face
difference between employee and empployer
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by kamez(m): 4:47pm On Apr 17, 2019
this kain work that employer and employee will be negotiating salary and working days on whatsapp... both of them are unserious.....

4 Likes

Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Profkenny1(m): 4:47pm On Apr 17, 2019
She's so f.ucking dumb! I believe she was only looking for attention.
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by GoodGodmykeeper(m): 4:47pm On Apr 17, 2019
Chai
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by FortuneDeGreat(m): 4:48pm On Apr 17, 2019
Creampro:
At least additional hours comes with additional pay not here that one would work round the month and still receives peanut.
Very unfair system.

1 Like

Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by jaxxy(m): 4:50pm On Apr 17, 2019
All these one business owners can be very demanding unnecessarily. Before u ask sm1 to take ur personal bizness like their own u have to give them enough reasons to do that. Not just by sm empty statement.
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by maasoap(m): 4:50pm On Apr 17, 2019
My own concern is: why working for you for a whole week without paying her? Will she be eating stones and walking to work for that week? Wicked employer
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Yoighaman(m): 4:53pm On Apr 17, 2019
post=77623574:
She made her choice and the job owner did the same!

So why run to Twitter?!

Next Pls............

Brilliant post.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by maxilly(m): 4:55pm On Apr 17, 2019
Take the job as ur own my foot. Will she earn as if she owns the job?
Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by badoh(m): 4:58pm On Apr 17, 2019
The lady has made her point. She's not ready to trade her weekend for work and I'm in support of her. Somebody will work from Monday to Friday and still be asking him or her to come to work on Saturday. Banking that is even more rigorous is not like that. They believe people need rest. The employer as well took a good decision and will have to look for somebody who is ready to add Saturday to his work schedule.

1 Like

Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 17, 2019
sweetrace:
I won’t employ her in the first place. I don’t think it professional to respond to your potential boss with a thanks and not a thank you. Plus she’s not smart. She did not accept the terms of employment. How did she arrive at her being fired? Then we’ll keep hearing how there are no jobs.

I applaud this your comment...

I wouldn't even hire such a lady. Her few responses already say much about her attitude. And saying Saturday is her only free day... whatever happened to Sunday. Probably this so called "church workers" that live in the church on Sundays then expect God to "compensate" them with a job. Like they say "heaven helps those who help themselves"

2 Likes

Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by fowlyansh181(m): 5:08pm On Apr 17, 2019
Creampro:
because Europe pays according to how you work, Nigeria doesn’t

2 Likes

Re: Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time by Organs(m): 5:10pm On Apr 17, 2019
SageMK:
More like she fired herself.

Wrong, she fired the mumu boss, let him do it himself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 20 Nigerian CEOs And The Courses They Studied In School / List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month / David Hundeyin: How Toyosi Ogunseye Sexually Harasses Men, Sabotages Careers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.