Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,320 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:46 AM

Any Nes Game Developers Available? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Any Nes Game Developers Available? (914 Views)

For Game Developers.. / A Call To Game Developers! / Game Developers, How Do You Sell Your Games As A Nigerian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Nes Game Developers Available? by Cactus(m): 2:25pm On Sep 15, 2010
Do you know how to develop games on NES?

What is your experience describing which type of games you have developed.

What were your challenges.

This is for serious individuals only. Looking for potential NES platform programmers.
Re: Any Nes Game Developers Available? by gameaddict(m): 8:21pm On Sep 15, 2010
If your NES translates to Nintendo Entertainment System, the 8 bit console developed in 1985, shocked good luck. Unless you're trying to learn something about the architecture of the system and stuff like that, I really can't think of any good reason to develop games on it. It's a dead console dude. Nostalgia might push people to play the classics or port them to newer consoles but I doubt if it makes anyone plan and design anything new when there's so much potential on newer systems.

If you want to develop console games, I'll suggest you look at the PSP(homebrew game dev rocks unless you've got money for a license which rocks even more) or mobile devices like the android, iphone/ipad etc. The main consoles(wii, xbox 360 and ps3) don't hand out licenses easily.
Re: Any Nes Game Developers Available? by Cactus(m): 8:13am On Sep 16, 2010
NES is definitely alive. there are specific target markets that are dedicated for NES.

Definitely not in the Nigerian market. There are still fanboys.
Re: Any Nes Game Developers Available? by gameaddict(m): 9:59am On Sep 16, 2010
okay dude, I found this site: http://bobrost.com/nes/

(1) (Reply)

Mathlab: Help, Help, Help / Computer-stressed / The Worlds First Quantum Computer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.