Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,534 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:56 AM

Stop Giving Our Crude To Other Countries, My Govt Built Three Refineries - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Stop Giving Our Crude To Other Countries, My Govt Built Three Refineries (275 Views)

Stop Giving Beggars Small, Dirty Money - Alfa Chemistry Tells Nigerians (Video) / I M Aware Of Plans To Undermine My Govt, Ihedioha Reveals / The Church Perscuting My Govt, Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stop Giving Our Crude To Other Countries, My Govt Built Three Refineries by curvyqueen(f): 7:56pm On Apr 17, 2019
Former Head of State, General Yakubu Gowon (retd), said yesterday, that his government built three refineries, the ones in Port Harcourt, Warri, Kaduna for domestic consumption and had planned to build more refineries to export refined products, instead of giving the crude to various countries.

This came as the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr Ibe Kachikwu said it will be impossible for the Federal Government to remove subsidy on fuel at this time in order to protect the people.

They both spoke at the second International Conference and Exhibition of the Oil and Gas Trainers Association of Nigeria, OGTAN, in Lagos.

Gowon, who chaired the event said: “I will like you to know that during our time, our plan was to build five export-oriented refineries to export instead of giving the crude to various countries.

“The three refineries, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kaduna, were designed for domestic consumption and we had planned that if our consumption grows more than the three can do, we will transfer one of the export-oriented refineries for home consumption.”

Read full report at: https://www.efogator.com/2019/04/stop-giving-our-crude-to-other.html

Re: Stop Giving Our Crude To Other Countries, My Govt Built Three Refineries by nofuckz(m): 8:13pm On Apr 17, 2019
And someones supposed "body odour" was to drive these refinaries up***hiss***
Re: Stop Giving Our Crude To Other Countries, My Govt Built Three Refineries by ifex370(m): 8:23pm On Apr 17, 2019
Keep quiet. Nigeria is the way it is, partly because of you.

You failed this country when you had the time and means. Don't you ever forget that. It shall never be forgotten

(1) (Reply)

T / Tusine Free Online Skill Acquisition Empowerment Training / Don Jazzy Send A Farewell Speech To Tiwa Savage As She Left

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.