Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Civil Ways To Communicate (pragmatics) - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Civil Ways To Communicate (pragmatics) (14914 Views)

How To Communicate Clearly On The Phone / Benue, Kogi, Plateau Pay Civil Servants High Despite Poor Revenue / “I Slay In My Military Uniform Just The Same Way I Slay In My Civil Wear” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Civil Ways To Communicate (pragmatics) by GindoX(m): 2:14pm On Apr 18, 2019
NobleAngell:
Yes. You can simply say, "MAY YOU BE STRUCK BY THUNDER".

No, that's unacceptable.. the use of "may" spoilt it..just say

Thunder struck you! grin
Re: Civil Ways To Communicate (pragmatics) by BlackPanther101(m): 2:15pm On Apr 18, 2019
Aieboocaar:
@O.p Please is there a civil way of saying "THUNDER FIRE YOU" embarassed embarassed
Sango is monitoring you!
Re: Civil Ways To Communicate (pragmatics) by colestephan86: 2:19pm On Apr 18, 2019
frankomale1:
1. Instead of saying you are lying say THIS IS NOT TRUE

2. Instead of saying this post is fake say ARE YOU SURE OF THIS?

3. Instead of saying you are wrong say THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE

4. Instead of saying you will be punished say THERE ARE CONSEQUENCES TO THIS

5. Instead of saying I am talking and you are not paying attention say I WILL LIKE TO GET YOUR ATTENTION

6. Instead of saying I don’t have your time say I WILL LIKE TO END THE CONVERSATION NOW

7. Instead of saying what you are saying does not make sense say IS THERE ANY OTHER OPTION THAN THIS?

8. Instead of saying what you are doing is bad say THIS BEHAVIOR IS INAPPROPRIATE

9.Instead of saying this child is a slow learner say THIS CHILD IS AN UPCOMING LEARNER

10. Instead of saying ” get out from here” say PLEASE IT WILL BE APPRECIATED YOU LEAVE THIS PLACE.

#9jatrendingnews

https://9jatrendingnews.com/2019/04/18/civil-ways-to-communicate-pragmatics/
Instead of saying fxck you, say FxUK OFF
Re: Civil Ways To Communicate (pragmatics) by habbey99(m): 2:23pm On Apr 18, 2019
colossus91:
nice
nice
Re: Civil Ways To Communicate (pragmatics) by habbey99(m): 2:23pm On Apr 18, 2019
colossus91:
nice
nice
Re: Civil Ways To Communicate (pragmatics) by patosky3310(m): 2:27pm On Apr 18, 2019
Even though I agree to only some of what you said, to the others, I would only say it is only cowardice that will make you twist your sentence. Only No.9 &10 are recommended by me. Others are statements made only by cowards.
Re: Civil Ways To Communicate (pragmatics) by Sleekfingers: 2:28pm On Apr 18, 2019
frankomale1:

5. Instead of saying I am talking and you are not paying attention say I WILL LIKE TO GET YOUR ATTENTION

6. Instead of saying I don’t have your time say I WILL LIKE TO END THE CONVERSATION NOW

7. Instead of saying what you are saying does not make sense say IS THERE ANY OTHER OPTION THAN THIS?

8. Instead of saying what you are doing is bad say THIS BEHAVIOR IS INAPPROPRIATE

9.Instead of saying this child is a slow learner say THIS CHILD IS AN UPCOMING LEARNER

10. Instead of saying ” get out from here” say PLEASE IT WILL BE APPRECIATED YOU LEAVE THIS PLACE.

#9jatrendingnews

Thrash
Re: Civil Ways To Communicate (pragmatics) by EngrKem: 2:43pm On Apr 18, 2019
frankomale1:

#9jatrendingnews

Good one
Re: Civil Ways To Communicate (pragmatics) by klas(m): 3:05pm On Apr 18, 2019
Aieboocaar:
@O.p Please is there a civil way of saying "THUNDER FIRE YOU" embarassed embarassed

Lightening strike you
Re: Civil Ways To Communicate (pragmatics) by Fordzzy(m): 3:16pm On Apr 18, 2019
Aieboocaar:

Let thunder shine its light on u... grin grin
Re: Civil Ways To Communicate (pragmatics) by KrocAce(m): 3:39pm On Apr 18, 2019

This number two sha, So when I know something is fake, I should start asking if someone is sure?.[b][/b]
Re: Civil Ways To Communicate (pragmatics) by Cabble4(m): 3:47pm On Apr 18, 2019
tstx:
Abeg... I will go for You are lying over this is not true... Anytime anyday°°° This is Nigeria, when i move to the land of snow then i can start restructuring my English

I build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature

Are there any other better comment than this?
Re: Civil Ways To Communicate (pragmatics) by Psoul(m): 3:48pm On Apr 18, 2019
If u get mind come blow white for my face, guy I go open eye tell u say U DY LIE, ah ah...na wetin.
U come commit and u know wan make i tell u say YOU WILL BE PUNISHED? I go tell u dat ooo.

Dis is Naija ooo, if u no talk am as e be, it means say u never wan solve am.
Re: Civil Ways To Communicate (pragmatics) by Aieboocaar(m): 3:48pm On Apr 18, 2019
Fordzzy:

Let thunder shine its light on u... grin grin

Unku you wee nor make heaven grin
Re: Civil Ways To Communicate (pragmatics) by Aieboocaar(m): 3:49pm On Apr 18, 2019
BlackPanther101:
Sango is monitoring you!

On a 4g wireless broadband baa?? grin
Re: Civil Ways To Communicate (pragmatics) by Aieboocaar(m): 3:51pm On Apr 18, 2019
NobleAngell:
Yes. You can simply say, "MAY YOU BE STRUCK BY THUNDER".

Too civil, Lol grin
Re: Civil Ways To Communicate (pragmatics) by Cabble4(m): 3:52pm On Apr 18, 2019
grin grin grin
Can we offer you treatment grin
greatbrian:

Can you rephrased tat in a civilised manner just like the article profess

Something like this

Umbrella party canis lupus, are we together
Re: Civil Ways To Communicate (pragmatics) by Byggshoes(m): 3:54pm On Apr 18, 2019
hmmmm
Re: Civil Ways To Communicate (pragmatics) by princfred(m): 4:13pm On Apr 18, 2019
Aieboocaar:
Say "thunder romance you" . "You and thunder meet/romance"
Re: Civil Ways To Communicate (pragmatics) by Aryin87(m): 6:00pm On Apr 18, 2019
tstx:
Abeg... I will go for You are lying over this is not true... Anytime anyday°°° This is Nigeria, when i move to the land of snow then i can start restructuring my English

[b][

You are lying
Re: Civil Ways To Communicate (pragmatics) by Indomie001: 7:19pm On Apr 18, 2019
Aieboocaar:
Fear gods of lighting sad

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Mum Insists "Medicine Or Nothing" / Nigerian Banks Salary Structure 2018 / Why Is Medicine Unattractive In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.