Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,211 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

How Can We Be Better United As A Country - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Can We Be Better United As A Country (1177 Views)

APC Unveils Convention Hashtag, Says ‘Party Is United As Ever’ / Osinbajo: United As One People, Nigeria Will Overcome Present Challenges / Obasanjo Lists Reasons Why Atiku Will Be Better Than Buhari As President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can We Be Better United As A Country by goodnessme1(f): 1:42pm On Apr 18, 2019
RonKenoly:

But sometimes those little difference in level of reasoning or how we reason is also important toward development.

Or are you referring to ethnicity reasoning and not individual?
Am talking about ethnicity reasoning.

Forget about nigeria unity,because i can never work,

enjoy the little you have now,your children will enjoy theirs too,the circle continue until we decide to do the right thing.
Re: How Can We Be Better United As A Country by Ttipsy(f): 1:42pm On Apr 18, 2019
RonKenoly:

Couldn't agree more, but as regards your second paragraph if anybody decide to come up with a law that would lead to the abolishment of anything in this country, that person would be seen as the devil and people would do anything possible to reject it. What do you think?

El rufai same something about non usage of speakers outside by all religious and also intend to start taxing churches. All what people could see from that is Christian victimization, nobody is seeing the bigger picture.
so to say, the union have to be dissolved!! Or if we still want to be under the auspices of One" Nigerian, then restructuring/ true federalism is another option.
Re: How Can We Be Better United As A Country by zlantanfan: 1:43pm On Apr 18, 2019
RonKenoly:

I agree with you.

Sorry which people. And why is there no a prominent Nigerian speaking up to advocate for it.
The average southerner on the street wants out but you don't hear it because the northern and southern elites/politicians who benefit from government are united in enriching themselves.

They have investment scattered across the country while they profit from societal breakdown.

Let me shock you that for now only oil is holding this country together because the north is helpless. (If north wants out now they would get it through blood).

The day oil finishes they would claim back abuja from their naive south politicians
Re: How Can We Be Better United As A Country by orisa37: 1:43pm On Apr 18, 2019
authehighness:
no way,no way,no way,even lord luggard himself knows it is mission impossible

Lugard is long gone. And we must live to our full Potentials without inhibition, victimisation, intimidation and persecusion
Re: How Can We Be Better United As A Country by thatareaguy: 1:52pm On Apr 18, 2019
Those people thinking that breaking away from Nigeria would lead to better governance, think again. In your states, are the governors, LGA chairmen performing well? Let's be frank. Are they being held back by the federal government or the "northerners"? Are the northerners enjoying this Nigeria? I don't think anyone besides the policians in power would be happy with how things are. They use the ethnic and religious card for their benefit. They don't care about anybody.
Re: How Can We Be Better United As A Country by orisa37: 1:56pm On Apr 18, 2019
RonKenoly:

I am beginning to subscribe to this division idea but there is no any serious elites in the country clamouring for it.

Don't you think there is another way to foster unity?

Division without a Liaison for common services is uncivilised.
Re: How Can We Be Better United As A Country by gidgiddy: 2:02pm On Apr 18, 2019
RonKenoly:
The diversity in Nigeria is unprecedented, how can we foster a better united Nigeria?

A United Nigeria? Not possible in a million years. There are several factors that makes Nigerias unity impossible but I will mention just one, Religion.

There is no country in the world that Christians and Muslims unite, both Religions are at odds with each other. The only thing you can have is a situation where one of these regions is the majority and the other is such a minority it cannot put up a fight.

But in a country like Nigeria where Islam and Christianity are about 50/50, both religions will keep fighting until one becomes the majority and surrpresses the other.

That fight has already started in the middle belt and other parts of the North like Borno and Southern Kaduna, in the form of Boko Haram, Killer herdsmen and other gangs who routinely kill Christian groups

Anyone thinking that Christians and Muslims in Nigeria will love each other and be United is a dreamer
Re: How Can We Be Better United As A Country by Nobody: 2:02pm On Apr 18, 2019
orisa37:

Division without a Liaison for common services is uncivilised.
Explain yourself better please.
Re: How Can We Be Better United As A Country by Nobody: 2:08pm On Apr 18, 2019
gidgiddy:

A United Nigeria? Not possible in a million years. There are several factors that makes Nigerias unity impossible but I will mention just one, Religion.

There is no country in the world that Christians and Muslims unite, both Religions are at odds with each other. The only thing you can have is a situation where one of these regions is the majority and the other is such a minority it cannot put up a fight.

But in a country like Nigeria where Islam and Christianity are about 50/50, both religions will keep fighting until one becomes the majority and surrpresses the other.

That fight has already started in the middle belt and other parts of the North like Borno and Southern Kaduna, in the form of Boko Haram, Killer herdsmen and other gangs who routinely kill Christian groups

Anyone thinking that Christians and Muslims in Nigeria will love each other and be United is a dreamer
But Boko Haram are also killing the Muslim in Borno, hope you know?
Re: How Can We Be Better United As A Country by Nobody: 2:11pm On Apr 18, 2019
Ttipsy:
so to say, the union have to be dissolved!! Or if we still want to be under the auspices of One" Nigerian, then restructuring/ true federalism is another option.
At the moment which is more likely attainable, secession or restructuring?
Re: How Can We Be Better United As A Country by Nobody: 2:14pm On Apr 18, 2019
goodnessme1:
Am talking about ethnicity reasoning.

Forget about nigeria unity,because i can never work,

enjoy the little you have now,your children will enjoy theirs too,the circle continue until we decide to do the right thing.
Why can't we do it ourselves, instead of putting the burden in how great grand children.

They would see us as bunch of cowards lol.
Re: How Can We Be Better United As A Country by orisa37: 2:16pm On Apr 18, 2019
Bokoharam must pay for their crimes.
Re: How Can We Be Better United As A Country by Nobody: 2:17pm On Apr 18, 2019
thatareaguy:
Those people thinking that breaking away from Nigeria would lead to better governance, think again. In your states, are the governors, LGA chairmen performing well? Let's be frank. Are they being held back by the federal government or the "northerners"? Are the northerners enjoying this Nigeria? I don't think anyone besides the policians in power would be happy with how things are. They use the ethnic and religious card for their benefit. They don't care about anybody.
Makes sense, so what should we do? Sit down and cheer for them to continue milking our Future?
Re: How Can We Be Better United As A Country by Ttipsy(f): 2:21pm On Apr 18, 2019
RonKenoly:

At the moment which is more likely attainable, secession or restructuring?
restructuring. if some certain elements do not agree, then, disintegration is inevitable
Re: How Can We Be Better United As A Country by goodnessme1(f): 2:27pm On Apr 18, 2019
RonKenoly:

Why can't we do it ourselves, instead of putting the burden in how great grand children.

They would see us as bunch of cowards lol.
A part of the country have been trying everything possible to do the right thing,but some parts of the country are head bent to make sure we remain in this mess.
Re: How Can We Be Better United As A Country by Nobody: 2:35pm On Apr 18, 2019
goodnessme1:
A part of the country have been trying everything possible to do the right thing,but some parts of the country are head bent to make sure we remain in this mess.
Yeah I remember, but some videos surface showing IPOD looking for Muslim to leech; maybe propaganda but that didn't help their case.

I believe it is upto the masses to come together and demand for secession through revolution. But I don't see Nigerians having that mind, well as you said earlier na just to try see sai my children dey okay last last.
Re: How Can We Be Better United As A Country by Nobody: 2:36pm On Apr 18, 2019
Ttipsy:
restructuring. if some certain elements do not agree, then, disintegration is inevitable
I hope we get there someday soon.
Re: How Can We Be Better United As A Country by thatareaguy: 2:37pm On Apr 18, 2019
goodnessme1:
Which part is doing the right thing? lol.
Re: How Can We Be Better United As A Country by goodnessme1(f): 2:43pm On Apr 18, 2019
thatareaguy:

Which part is doing the right thing? lol.
you know except you are a hypocrite.
Re: How Can We Be Better United As A Country by thatareaguy: 2:47pm On Apr 18, 2019
goodnessme1:
you know except you are a hypocrite.
I honestly don't know. I can't think of any state in Nigeria where the governors are held back by the association called Nigeria. Maybe I'm a hypocrite. Blame game is for greedy politicians.
Re: How Can We Be Better United As A Country by goodnessme1(f): 3:08pm On Apr 18, 2019
RonKenoly:

Yeah I remember, but some videos surface showing IPOD looking for Muslim to leech; maybe propaganda but that didn't help their case.

I believe it is upto the masses to come together and demand for secession through revolution. But I don't see Nigerians having that mind, well as you said earlier na just to try see sai my children dey okay last last.
And after looking for muslims to kill,they could not found even one,at least you also show us videos of ipob killing them.

Dont forget that there was videos of yorubas going from one polling unit searching and killing igbos in last presidential election.
Re: How Can We Be Better United As A Country by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 18, 2019
goodnessme1:
And after looking for muslims to kill,they could not found even one,at least you also show us videos of ipob killing them.

Dont forget that there was videos of yorubas going from one polling unit searching and killing igbos in last presidential election.
Maybe because I spelled IPOB wrongly (it wasn't intentional, I have really cared to know the right acronym; my bad) shouldn't look like I am taking side.

I am not from the major Nigeria tribe, but from a minority tribe in the north west region (Yoruba, hausa and Igbo are not the only ethnic group in Nigeria). I know we are likely to have it worst if this country separate but I don't really care for now though.

My point was, them looking for hausa to kill during the protest doesn't help their claim (intention matters; that's what differentiate a murder from a manslaughter). That of the election is not related.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram Long Captive, Leah Sharibu, Is Confirmed Dead (Nigerians React) / Fast Transformation Of Ebonyi State / What Happened To Bola Tinubu, Nigeria Would Have Been Celebrating His Prediction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.