Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,803 members, 7,820,809 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? (37012 Views)

Liverpool vs Barcelona: UCL Semi-Finals (4 - 0) On 7th May 2019 / Roma Vs Barcelona UCL (3 - 0) On 10th April 2018 / Chelsea Vs Barcelona :UCL (1 - 1) On 20th February 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Khaleell001(m): 9:47pm On Apr 18, 2019
sotall:
grin

Liverpool that couldn't beat Sevilla back to back

They couldn't beat Madrid

Overrated bunch of average players.

I think. you mean Liverpool of last season.

Believe me, this is are a different bunch from. what you used to know.
They are really fired up for this one.

Liverpool can match Barca in all departments except for one man:Messi.
But I think Van Dirk and his partner (I have forgotten his name) can do a better job.
Fabiniho can sure restrict Messi's movement.
If this is done, Barca is has good has gone.
To me, it Liverpool's match to lose.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Khaleell001(m): 9:47pm On Apr 18, 2019
sotall:
grin

But I think Van Dirk and his partner (I have forgotten his name) can do a better job.
To me, it's Liverpool's match to lose.
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Khaleell001(m): 9:57pm On Apr 18, 2019
Ozkar:
Man Utd also beat Barca (in 2008 the next year) after Liverpool did. Go find out if they have been able to do it again.

Liverpool seemed to be all conquering last season until they met a Spanish side in the final and buckled under the weight of their own hype.

Liverpool is a good team but Barcelona is better. Also Barcelona players would get more rest ahead of the games as they are well ahead in La Liga.

But then nothing is impossible in football.

Having less rest is not an issue here.
Remember Liverpool has less competing opponents to deal with on their road to taking the EPL.

And Gurgen Klop sure knows how well to manage his army.
Barca may be good at their tiki taka game, but Liverpool swashbuckling style will kill them off in no time when M. Salah, S. Mane, R. Firmino gets the needed supply from their midfield.
And it is good they are going to camp Nou for the first leg.
If Barca fail to get it right there in their backyard , believe me, they will be roundly beating by Liverpool when they set their foot on Anfield.

It's is Liverpool's to lose.
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by mvem(m): 9:57pm On Apr 18, 2019
achu442:

Likes u mean, Robertson better than Jordi Alba, Mane better than Dembele, Firminho better than Suarez, Henderson better than Bosquet, and others.

The only player than is better than an individual position from Liverpool is Virgil...

The rest can't be compared or rated individually.
...guy dembele is not at salah or mane level...bring your stats let us argue...firmino is very similar to Suarez in there play, high work rate and all that ...but firmino is younger ...and almost certain that barca can't win in Anfield...it will be a very interesting game...it won't be easy for anyone.....let the best team win...
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Apr 18, 2019
Wayne4uall:

Do u have a problem with that? May b it made u to go hungry this afternoon or it reduced your monthly income.. Get a life bro... One love

Very shameful
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by sotall(m): 10:21pm On Apr 18, 2019
ZinoFasisi:

Messi has never been out of form, yet they still lost to roma and atletico in UCL and hv Even lost a Game in this current UCL while messi was on the field, He was on when bayern transh dem in d UCL, that year he disorganise nothing, when Chelsea trashed dem he no disorganise nothing. and just so u know roma didn't manage to beat barca, 3~0 is not manage to beat

Maybe Liverpool need to conquer England once again first before Bragging about Europe.

A team that hasn't won a spoon for more than a decade is bragging about eliminating another team that has been a force for years on end.

Even Man U managed to win Europa , same Europa Liverpool couldn't win .

Liverpool just need to be careful so they don't become another Juventus that has played two finals in four years and nothing to show for it.

Nearly cannot kill a bird

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Apr 18, 2019
sotall:
grin

but they beat chelsea and chelsea beat slavia prague if u know u know
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Wordson(m): 10:30pm On Apr 18, 2019
Hizzy:

Oh boy you can lie oh
List the teams that have beaten Barca this Season
Barcelona has only lost 2 matches in Laliga
let me open ur eyes.. Barca lost against leganes and Real Betis in la liga, and dey also lost against levante and Sevilla in Copa dey Rey..u better get ur facts right before u start typing rubbish angry
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by xperiencelove(m): 10:42pm On Apr 18, 2019
I know majority will not agree with this that no team in EPL can beat Barcelona this season. Against Tottenham and Man Utd convinced me totally. Barça ball pressing is just so amazing that it makes Tottenham and man Utd looks foolish and untrained. Except luck was against Barça.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Okworigeorge(m): 11:11pm On Apr 18, 2019
ZinoFasisi:

bros man city played very very well, they just missed a bit of luck and Tottenham didn't come to sleep there too
i was talking abt the 1st leg
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by mixta140: 11:21pm On Apr 18, 2019
Beedude:

When ur fellow fans said Liverpool was stronger than Barça I guess u couldn't see those comments. Keep it up Liverpool is be best club in the whole world and will trash Barça like dey trash Man united, Chelsea and Arsenal. Just try and win the UCL and Epl this season or warn ur likes to stop bringing up such discussions
Carry the cup give barca then
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by mixta140: 11:24pm On Apr 18, 2019
Ozkar:
Man Utd also beat Barca (in 2008 the next year) after Liverpool did. Go find out if they have been able to do it again.

Liverpool seemed to be all conquering last season until they met a Spanish side in the final and buckled under the weight of their own hype.

Liverpool is a good team but Barcelona is better. Also Barcelona players would get more rest ahead of the games as they are well ahead in La Liga.
Liverpool Don comot Madrid b4 na , Madrid collect confirmed beating 4 .1 or nil ,

But then nothing is impossible in football.
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by mixta140: 11:27pm On Apr 18, 2019
xperiencelove:
I know majority will not agree with this that no team in EPL can beat Barcelona this season. Against Tottenham and Man Utd convinced me totally. Barça ball pressing is just so amazing that it makes Tottenham and man Utd looks foolish and untrained. Except luck was against Barça.
If that Ajax catch ur barca , Messi no go carry leg, I tell you , if una Wan comot for ucl na mumu beating una dey, I pray the day favors lfc
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Reeb2244: 11:41pm On Apr 18, 2019
jalafish:
Liverpool is better and stronger but Messi gonna make the win for barcelona.
Liverpool is stronger and better than Barcelona? What weed are you on?
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by zainkay: 11:44pm On Apr 18, 2019
mixta140:

If that Ajax catch ur barca , Messi no go carry leg, I tell you , if una Wan comot for ucl na mumu beating una dey, I pray the day favors lfc
wait do you even watch barca this season at all?? Have been reading all your rants, and all those things you said about the goat, the thing is, y'll get missing after he proved you wrong again as he always does, barca is a big club, we barca fans rarely see defeats, Roma's was a mistake, that's the only reference you guys love to make, hating is not good, be humble

3 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by zainkay: 11:46pm On Apr 18, 2019
The things I read on this thread, Liverpool is a stronger team than Barcelona, how??
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Wordson(m): 12:04am On Apr 19, 2019
Ozkar:
3) neither has lost 4 in a row.

Barcelona has lost 4 games in all major competitions - 2 in Laliga and 2 in Copa del Rey. All 4 times, they did some squad rotation

Liverpool has lost at least 6 times this season in all competitions - Chelsea, Napoli, PSG, Redstar, City, Wolves. Half of it has come in Europe, while Barcelona is unbeaten in Europe.

Barca would be fresh for Liverpool as they are leading La Liga with 9 points. They can afford to rest players. Liverpool has no such luxury as they are chasing EPL with City that is no longer distracted by UCL.

Face it, you guys would likely go trophyless. You won't get past Barca and City might not drop points.
hmmmmmm...a disgruntled hater, Anyway, we shall see how it fairs.. Its on 1st of May, not far.. undecided
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by mvem(m): 12:28am On Apr 19, 2019
Icon79:
No worries, the game is less than 2 weeks away. We'll see how go dey go grin

O pari

...Football won't stop surprising us...for those that think barca vs Liverpool will just be a walk at the park for barca are mistaken....whoever is winning that game is carrying the cup...like I said, let the best team win
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by mvem(m): 12:31am On Apr 19, 2019
sotall:

Maybe Liverpool need to conquer England once again first before Bragging about Europe.

A team that hasn't won a spoon for more than a decade is bragging about eliminating another team that has been a force for years on end.

Even Man U managed to win Europa , same Europa Liverpool couldn't win .

Liverpool just need to be careful so they don't become another Juventus that has played two finals in four years and nothing to show for it.

Nearly cannot kill a bird
..whatever you say, Liverpool still remains one of the most successful clubs in Europe and the most successful in England in European competition ....
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Ozkar: 12:38am On Apr 19, 2019
Khaleell001:

Having less rest is not an issue here.
Remember Liverpool has less competing opponents to deal with on their road to taking the EPL.

And Gurgen Klop sure knows how well to manage his army.
Barca may be good at their tiki taka game, but Liverpool swashbuckling style will kill them off in no time when M. Salah, S. Mane, R. Firmino gets the needed supply from their midfield.
And it is good they are going to camp Nou for the first leg.
If Barca fail to get it right there in their backyard , believe me, they will be roundly beating by Liverpool when they set their foot on Anfield.

It's is Liverpool's to lose.
Manchester United fans made similar boasts weeks ago, before they were slaughtered. You EPL fans and noise. Even the ones that haven't won any title in a decade.

This season you lost to all 3 teams in your group including an unknown Redstar. You also bottled a 9 point lead in the EPL. Were your 'swashbuckling' front 3 sleeping all those times?

When you crumble before Barca, you guys would look for one of your players to blame as usual.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Bar1941(m): 12:58am On Apr 19, 2019
Wayne4uall:

Do u have a problem with that? May b it made u to go hungry this afternoon or it reduced your monthly income.. Get a life bro... One love

Lazy youth, you didn't know you can go to jail for that? That is plagiarism, it is a big offence in the academic world.
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Dika18: 2:49am On Apr 19, 2019
Lagos Business Conference is an event that is aimed at encouraging and promoting entrepreneurship and enterprising among young people in Nigeria. It creates a platform for businesses, start-ups, budding entrepreneurs, entrepreneurs, investors and creative(s) to network, collaborate and work together.

This event is free registration is required to help manage logistics.

Get your free tickets here : https://www.eventbrite.com/e/lagos-business-conference-tickets-58882237357

This event will also feature industry experts and some of the most successful young business people in Nigeria, who will tell the Nigerian youths how they started and succeeded with their business, and also teach them how to do the same.

At the event this year 20 individuals with business ideas that has high growth potential will be given an opportunity to give a 2 minutes pitch of their idea to Angel investors/ venture capitalists and they will receive great feedback and possibly funding for their business.

The event will take place at Pulville Boulevard Hotel, Aguda Surulere Lagos. 4th May 2019, at 10am.

Get your free tickets here : https://www.eventbrite.com/e/lagos-business-conference-tickets-58882237357

Why Lagos Business Conference

You see as young person living in Nigeria…

You Face A Major Problem!

You live in a country where despite how much skills you have, you are faced with a lot of disadvantages.

You receive very poor education. Let’s face it, our universities are supposed to produce solution providers and not job seekers.

You do not have access to social amenities that are in foreign countries such as – electricity, internet, libraries, etc

But despite these odds, the 5 people that we are bringing to you survived and moved from zero to the level of success they are enjoying right now.

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by kendrick93(m): 5:37am On Apr 19, 2019
Wayne4uall:

(1)Alisson Becker not as good as Marc-Andre ter Stegen
(2) Andy Robertson not as good as Jordi Alba
(3) Sergio Busquets more better than Fabinho
(4) Gini Wijnaldum not as good as Arthur
(5) Sadio Mane not as good as Philippe Coutinho
mane is far better than coutinho
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Adeola4619(m): 6:39am On Apr 19, 2019
Messi alone will singlehandedly destroy the Liverpool.... Salah,mane,firmiho... Are nothing..... Watch out Barcelona winning
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Nobody: 6:51am On Apr 19, 2019
AkpaMgbor:

Didn't Tottenham do it this season? You guys just exhibit very crude attitude over the most mundane things!

After loosing first leg undecided
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Nobody: 6:54am On Apr 19, 2019
Khaleell001:

To me, it Liverpool's match to lose.

When you mark messi too much these days. You loose focus and lose the game

Cause a certain alba will always be running down the wing to receive passes that will make u forget messi is there

And boom messi scores

Anyway some few days ago. Man u fans were making much noise all over the net

Today humility has set in

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by mixta140: 6:59am On Apr 19, 2019
zainkay:
wait do you even watch barca this season at all?? Have been reading all your rants, and all those things you said about the goat, the thing is, y'll get missing after he proved you wrong again as he always does, barca is a big club, we barca fans rarely see defeats, Roma's was a mistake, that's the only reference you guys love to make, hating is not good, be humble
Me ranting, I beg I beg , no dey hype barca pass normal , you can't beat Liverpool or Chelsea anyhow for ucl , even with their second team, home/away with no goal at all, that can only happen to your barca. Team chop seven goals you say na mistake , Roma we no get record for ucl trash you without scoring a goal and ur goat was there , Bros I don't talk too people anyhow on football matches , when ur team was paired with Roma last season did you ever think they will bring your team out. Thank God for var, a lot of matches officiating has destroyed, if you like play two Messi two cr7, when you go lose you go lose, ucl ain't laliga. Please , no dey over hype that ur team , brother e Don tey barca just dey come up for European competition not up to 25 years, the team you are saying ur Messi will destroy get ucl record pass barca . And it wasn't Messi that brought barca back to European glory. Please easy with this ur team and messi, we have watched teams humble barca with messi, no dey talk as if we no get eye na, it even happened last season, and you came here saying one is ranting , I hate that
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Haykinsofficial: 7:08am On Apr 19, 2019
bukkyemotions:
Jesus will take glory in that match!!But Barcelona guys are more intelligent..
Na Bros J wan officiate d match?

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by whoawa(m): 7:46am On Apr 19, 2019
From a neutral point of view, is unfair comparing the two team, The name Barcelona alone is an intimidating nomenclature.

Majority of the Liverpool players, will see playing against Messi as a life Time honor(and u know what that brings along with "inferiority complex")

The Stadium alone (camp nou) , just as Mourinho called it "a football temple" u can imagine the tempo it will brings, and none of this Liverpool players have football experience of the stadium, apart from the scary story of how might the Stadium is, and u can't say that for anfied Suarez and countiho comes to mind.

I don't really want to talk about the individual players, at this level of play experience is the key and Barca players have it in abundance.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Abimloaded(m): 8:46am On Apr 19, 2019
GerrardLFC80:
Rubbish is what you're saying....Mane is better than coutinho.... Van dijk is better than Pique...Robertson is currently better than Alba..Allison is better than ter stergen...stop biase comments

Robertson better than Alba ?
The same Robertson that isn't even better than Lucas Digne of Everton who left Barcelona because he's an ardent bench warmer , a back up for Jordi Alba ?

The same Digne played lesser minutes than Robertson but still won more man of the match awards than the Robertson while playing for a lesser club ?

Clearly shows one thing; You only watch EPL and some big team matches in EPL.

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Lovintus2(m): 9:17am On Apr 19, 2019
Talking about defence. Pique is rated above Van Dijk this season. Go check the stats...
Liverpool is very pacy which Barca does not like. At the end it all balls down to one man to control the pace, and it isn't Messi....
It's SERGIO BUSQUET!!!

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona - Who Has The Stronger Squad? by Abimloaded(m): 9:40am On Apr 19, 2019
mixta140:

Barcelona defeated this same Ajax home and away in the group stage this season.

I know you didn't notice that but I'm letting you know that now so you won't embarrass yourself beyond here.

That they defeated Juventus doesn't mean they can't be beaten.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Iker Casillas Is Gay / PSG Vs Bayern Munich :UCL (0 - 1) On 13th April 2021 / Chelsea Vs Crystal Palace (1 - 0) On 3rd May 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.