Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,495 members, 7,854,118 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 11:05 AM

Election Postponement: President Buhari Threatens To Deal With INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Election Postponement: President Buhari Threatens To Deal With INEC (281 Views)

Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors / Mahmood Yakubu Speaking On No Election Postponement Vs The Postponement (videos) / Election Postponement: Buhari Campaign Blames PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Election Postponement: President Buhari Threatens To Deal With INEC by Hibiscus50: 4:38pm On Apr 18, 2019
@StateReporter News

President Muhammadu Buhari, at the crucial meeting organised by the All Progressive Congress (APC) on Monday, February 18, threatened that the Independent National Electoral Commission would have to explain to Nigerians why it suddenly postponed the election.

The electoral commission, in a memo released on Saturday, February 16, announced its decision to postpone the highly anticipated presidential and National Assembly elections citing ”logistics” reason.

But speaking at the meeting, which also had in attendance the APC national chairman, Adams Oshiomhole, and top party leaders, the president vowed that INEC would not be given a soft landing over its shocking decision.

The president, who said INEC had all resources it needed to hold the election, lamented that he had to immediately leave his Daura home to attend to national issues due to the sudden postponement.

He said: “I have to leave my constituency and come to Abuja immediately because I was told of the decision of INEC about 4:30 in the morning.

”I told them in my statement at the airport that INEC had all the time and all the resources they wanted and then they have to wait for only six hours to cast the votes to tell us that it is not possible.

”Definitely, the reasons why such incompetence manifest itself has to be explained to the nation.”
Read more
source : StateReporter News
http://www.statereporters.com/2019/04/18/election-postponement-president-buhari-threatens-deal-inec/

Re: Election Postponement: President Buhari Threatens To Deal With INEC by Ozugbo(m): 4:45pm On Apr 18, 2019
We re waiting.
Re: Election Postponement: President Buhari Threatens To Deal With INEC by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 18, 2019
The INEC is not truly independent like it is assumed to be.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Will Cite Assange's Arrest To Justify Clampdown On Social Media / 60 Million Nigerians Are Illiterates – FG / Video: Why Nigeria Is A Poor Country, By An Emirati

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.