Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,519 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Derailed Truck - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Derailed Truck (348 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Derailed Truck by Roycemadeit(m): 10:30am On Apr 19, 2019
Paaa!! Paaa!! I could hear the train whistliing while I navigated through the traffic jam and crossed to the right side of the road and continued my short walk home. Today at the studio was great. My feet had increased in their bounce, so I walked with a steady slow stride with the right foot coming miniseconds after the left.
One would wonder if I was listening to music through an invisible headphones and it wasn't too far from the truth, I was humming lead sound of one of the beats we made earlier.
There was a crowd ahead and its not unusual for people to wait for the train to chug and rumble by before they proceed to cross the rail line. But, when I observed that some of them were running towards me. I knew something was off. I slowed my pace, I didn't know what was happening yet, except that on the faces of those who where approaching me was fear, and an urgency to disappear. On the rail line about 60 feet ahead was an unmoving red truck on which was inscribed 'do not load me and do not buy my diesel' the blaring whistle of the train was nearer as the flange squealing sounds of it's wheels were heard as clear as light showers of rain on an iron roof.
My first instinct was to retrace my steps to a safer distance. But, thinking I was too far to be hurt from the train's impact with the truck. I whipped out my phone, tapped on the the camera icon and held it few inches from my face ready to capture while closing the gap to about 30 feet and anticipating the train ramming into the truck.
Few minutes had passed now but nothing had happened yet. The train was still blaring but was at a safe distance away, just as I kept my phone back in my pocket, a group of aggressive looking men materialised and started destroying the highlights, side mirrors of the truck few insulted and assaulted the driver and tried pulling the driver off his sit.
No sooner had the train chugged along after the truck had been pushed off it's line, did all the onlookers disperse. No one was hurt but the crazy thing was that the driver refused to leave his truck when it had become obvious that his truck was going to be rammed into or why the hooligans destroyed parts of his truck and beat him.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I'm In Need Of Bloggers / Of Fraud And Fraudulent Activities / When Love Dies - Episode 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.