Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,706 members, 7,827,584 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Peregrine Falcon In Nigeria - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Peregrine Falcon In Nigeria (1671 Views)

Falcon Killed In Nigeria Everything About How And Why It Entered Nigeria / Peregrine Falcon Available For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peregrine Falcon In Nigeria by daveFBL: 1:32pm On Apr 19, 2019
hello every one,im dave_FBL, got my young peregrine falcon delivered days ago,shes doin fyn,feeding on lizards and fishes . bt hw do I train it 2 hunt n fly,and to know my face. she still act threatened. and makes no attempt to kill, fly, or hunt. she acts untamed. what do I do. I don't want her to fly away, and don't want to lose her, she looks healthy, she eats well... how do I train her to fly back at me. please help

1 Like

Re: Peregrine Falcon In Nigeria by daveFBL: 1:36pm On Apr 19, 2019
see her

1 Like

Re: Peregrine Falcon In Nigeria by daveFBL: 1:37pm On Apr 19, 2019
see

1 Like

Re: Peregrine Falcon In Nigeria by agohmamuda(m): 1:45pm On Apr 19, 2019
Here is how we train birds those days. Normal size cage, put it inside the cage and have it hanged outside the house, the way people hang theirs on the wall. The trick is simple, include lots of sugar in the water it will be drinking. Ensure the water is sweet, not necessarily too sweet. Do this consistently for a month That's all. Also ensure the sugar water and the grains it would be eating is always available. After the 1 month, u can open its cage, it will fly to where ever it wants to but Must/Will always come back to where u have the sugar water.
Disclaimer: This method is 95% accurate.

1 Like

Re: Peregrine Falcon In Nigeria by Doughboysss: 2:09pm On Apr 19, 2019
Fastest animal in the world.
where did u get it?
Re: Peregrine Falcon In Nigeria by matuskyoo7(m): 2:12pm On Apr 19, 2019
agohmamuda:
Here is how we train birds those days. Normal size cage, put it inside the cage and have it hanged outside the house, the way people hang theirs on the wall. The trick is simple, include lots of sugar in the water it will be drinking. Ensure the water is sweet, not necessarily too sweet. Do this consistently for a month That's all. Also ensure the sugar water and the grains it would be eating is always available. After the 1 month, u can open its cage, it will fly to where ever it wants to but Must/Will always come back to where u have the sugar water.
Disclaimer: This method is 95% accurate.
this ur method can only work on pigeons, this wild bird will disappear the moment u give it any chance

1 Like

Re: Peregrine Falcon In Nigeria by Onyeka1987: 3:44pm On Apr 19, 2019
That's a common kestrol not a perregiune falcon
Re: Peregrine Falcon In Nigeria by Pidginwhisper: 7:27pm On Apr 19, 2019
Onyeka1987:
That's a common kestrel not a perregiune falcon
Re: Peregrine Falcon In Nigeria by davillian(m): 7:57pm On Apr 19, 2019
Get a leather glove 1st
Make sure she eats from your hands with the gloves on
Keep doing this so that she thinks anytime you put on the gloves she thinks its feeding time.
Please dont feed any cooked food be it meat or fish .
Re: Peregrine Falcon In Nigeria by Onyeka1987: 10:27pm On Apr 19, 2019
Best is to release it to the wild, u cant teach him how to be a master falconer in these congested city or village or wherever he is..its a tidus process. Time, patience, consistency and guile are needed to train this kestrol..

(1) (Reply)

Siberian Husky Still Available (not) Cheap / This Samoyed Is For Sale / 20 Dogs Who Aren't Aware That They're Now HUGE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.