Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Buhari Spent One Year, 39 Days Abroad In Three Years, 10 Month - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Spent One Year, 39 Days Abroad In Three Years, 10 Month (525 Views)

Tinubu, Shettima Spend 91 Days Abroad In Seven Months / Buhari Spent More Than $19bn Cost Of Dangote Refinery On Non-functional Ones / President, Wife, Son Spent Over 250 Days Abroad For Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Spent One Year, 39 Days Abroad In Three Years, 10 Month by joshchisimdi: 3:38am On Apr 20, 2019
With few weeks to the end of his first tenure, it's been learnt that President Buhari spent one year, 39 days abroad in three years, 10 months of his first tenure. The Nigerian President who spent a total of 404 days (a year and 39 days) travelling to 33 countries on four continents in about four years of his first term in office, visited the United Kingdom the most and he spent 217 days mostly on health grounds and meetings of Commonwealth Heads of State and Government.Punch reported that the second most visited country was the United States where he spent a combined 41 non-consecutive days.

France was the third most visited country with Buhari spending 14 non-consecutive days there. China came fourth with 13 days and Jordan occupied the fifth position with eight days.Other countries the President visited during the over 46-month period under review included the United Arab Emirates (seven); Morocco (seven); Germany (seven); South Africa (seven); Saudi Arabia (six); India (five); Chad (five); Kenya (five); Turkey (five); Poland (five); and Malta (five).Others were Senegal (four); Ethiopia (four); Mauritania (four); Netherlands (four); Togo (four); Republic of Benin (four); Côte d’Ivoire (three); Iran (three); Equatorial Guinea (three); Cameroon (two); Ghana (two); Niger (two); Gambia (two); Egypt (two); Qatar (two); Mali (one); and Sudan (one).

The President was able to build an alliance with neighbouring countries to curb the activities of Boko Haram, his travels did not translate much to Foreign Direct Investment except in 2016.

https://unclesuru.com/2019/04/20/buhari-spent-one-year-39-days-abroad-in-three-years-10-months/

lalasticlala, seun, mynd44, dominique

1 Like

Re: Buhari Spent One Year, 39 Days Abroad In Three Years, 10 Month by matify83: 3:50am On Apr 20, 2019
My greatest disappointment is not the
absenteeism from office but the ridicule his globe trotting brought on the nation.

Re: Buhari Spent One Year, 39 Days Abroad In Three Years, 10 Month by Fadomero(m): 3:54am On Apr 20, 2019
please let the lifeless one be
Re: Buhari Spent One Year, 39 Days Abroad In Three Years, 10 Month by babyfaceafrica: 4:09am On Apr 20, 2019
so what should we do?
Re: Buhari Spent One Year, 39 Days Abroad In Three Years, 10 Month by herakles: 4:13am On Apr 20, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
so what should we do?

are you not ashamed that your head of state spent a fruitless 404 days outside the shores of your country?!

don't tell me you are an APC zombie?! I would be disappointed that I wasted this comment on you
Re: Buhari Spent One Year, 39 Days Abroad In Three Years, 10 Month by babyfaceafrica: 4:19am On Apr 20, 2019
herakles:

are you not ashamed that your head of state spent a fruitless 404 days outside the shores of your country?!

don't tell me you are an APC zombie?! I would be disappointed that I wasted this comment on you
ok
Re: Buhari Spent One Year, 39 Days Abroad In Three Years, 10 Month by Larryfest(m): 4:32am On Apr 20, 2019
Himself no say the country hard why won't he spend most of his time outside the country..
Re: Buhari Spent One Year, 39 Days Abroad In Three Years, 10 Month by jullidee2006: 4:40am On Apr 20, 2019
abroad president...
Re: Buhari Spent One Year, 39 Days Abroad In Three Years, 10 Month by CalabarPikin: 5:11am On Apr 20, 2019
Him office dey 4 sky....

Just know that already... cool cool
Re: Buhari Spent One Year, 39 Days Abroad In Three Years, 10 Month by Afamed: 7:54am On Apr 20, 2019
Wailing in another dimension.
Re: Buhari Spent One Year, 39 Days Abroad In Three Years, 10 Month by SilasNwude: 8:19am On Apr 20, 2019
[s]
Afamed:
Wailing in another dimension.
[/s]
trash

(1) (Reply)

Send Every Child To School, Ganduje Orders New Emirs / A Procession By Benin National Congress / Buhari Appoints Acting Chairman Of NNPC Board

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.