Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,397 members, 7,830,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Buhari Spends One Year, 39 Days Abroad In Three Years, 10 Months - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Spends One Year, 39 Days Abroad In Three Years, 10 Months (789 Views)

Tinubu, Shettima Spend 91 Days Abroad In Seven Months / President, Wife, Son Spent Over 250 Days Abroad For Treatment / Buhari Spends ₦41 Billion On Presidential Fleet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Spends One Year, 39 Days Abroad In Three Years, 10 Months by sarrki(m): 7:08am On Apr 20, 2019
With few weeks to the end of his first term in office, President Muhammadu Buhari has spent a total of 404 days (a year and 39 days) travelling to 33 countries on four continents in about four years of his first term in office, Saturday PUNCH can report.

The country he visited the most was the United Kingdom where he spent 217 days mostly on health grounds and meetings of Commonwealth Heads of State and Government.

His second most visited country was the United States where he spent a combined 41 non-consecutive days.

He met ex-President Barack Obama and President Donald Trump at different times and also attended the 70th, 71st, 72nd and 73rd sessions of the United Nations General Assembly.

France was the third most visited country with Buhari spending 14 non-consecutive days there. China came fourth with 13 days and Jordan occupied the fifth position with eight days.

Other countries the President visited during the over 46-month period under review included the United Arab Emirates (seven); Morocco (seven); Germany (seven); South Africa (seven); Saudi Arabia (six); India (five); Chad (five); Kenya (five); Turkey (five); Poland (five); and Malta (five).

Others were Senegal (four); Ethiopia (four); Mauritania (four); Netherlands (four); Togo (four); Republic of Benin (four); Côte d’Ivoire (three); Iran (three); Equatorial Guinea (three); Cameroon (two); Ghana (two); Niger (two); Gambia (two); Egypt (two); Qatar (two); Mali (one); and Sudan (one).

Incidentally, the President did not visit any country in South America.

Apart from medical reasons, the President was out of the country to seek security assistance, improve on the nation’s economy and trade, and seek support for his fight against corruption.

More in Home

Severance allowance: Okorocha, Ambode, others to earn N2.06bn

Ndidi, Iheanacho nominated for Leicester best player award

Momoh warns APC against imposition of leaders on National Assembly

Buhari spends one year, 39 days abroad in three years, 10 months

APC NWC suspends Akeredolu for anti-party activities
Findings showed that while the President was able to build an alliance with neighbouring countries to curb the activities of Boko Haram, his travels did not translate much to Foreign Direct Investment except in 2016.

Nigeria attracted $3.4bn in FDI in 2015 and saw a huge boost in 2016 with the nation getting $5.1bn.

However, in 2017, the nation’s FDI took a sharp decline, dropping to $3.5bn, and to $2.2bn in 2018. Ghana surpassed Nigeria in 2018 as it drew $3.3bn.

Breakdown of Buhari’s travels in 2015

Shortly after his inauguration, Buhari on June 3 and 4, 2015 travelled to the Republic of Niger and Chad Republic for consultations on how to tackle terrorism in the country and the region.

On June 7, 2015, he travelled to Germany to attend the G-7 summit and returned on June 9. He proceeded to South Africa on June 13, 2015 for the African Union Summit in continuation of talks on anti-terrorism fight and returned on June 16.

On July 19, 2015, the President embarked on a four-day official visit to the United States and after he returned on July 23, he proceeded to Cameroon for a two-day visit on July 29 and returned on July 30.

https://punchng.com/buhari-spends-one-year-39-days-abroad-in-three-years-10-months/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Spends One Year, 39 Days Abroad In Three Years, 10 Months by Sagamaje(m): 7:09am On Apr 20, 2019
Sarrki how far Na. Happy Easter chief Bmc cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Spends One Year, 39 Days Abroad In Three Years, 10 Months by sarrki(m): 7:11am On Apr 20, 2019
Spend all the 365 x 8 = your answer

Outside the shore of naija

So far there is Know looting of our money

Salaries are paid as at when due

Security of life an property is guaranteed

No issues

1 Like

Re: Buhari Spends One Year, 39 Days Abroad In Three Years, 10 Months by sarrki(m): 7:19am On Apr 20, 2019
Sagamaje:
Sarrki how far Na. Happy Easter chief Bmc cheesy

Brother I dey

God bless you

Happy easter
Re: Buhari Spends One Year, 39 Days Abroad In Three Years, 10 Months by Realtord43: 7:26am On Apr 20, 2019
Wasted 1yrs of tax payer money away on unproductive travelled.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Spends One Year, 39 Days Abroad In Three Years, 10 Months by Nobody: 7:29am On Apr 20, 2019
Apart from medical reasons, the President was out of the country to seek security assistance, improve on the nation’s economy and trade, and seek support for his fight against corruption.

- So do we have it still bad or do we have it now worse?

Nigeria attracted $3.4bn in FDI in 2015 and saw a huge boost in 2016 with the nation getting $5.1bn. However, in 2017, the nation’s FDI took a sharp decline, dropping to $3.5bn, and to $2.2bn in 2018. Ghana surpassed Nigeria in 2018 as it drew $3.3bn.

Ghana with a population of 28m got a higher FDI than a nation with population of 200m... (cause for concern)

Now this is not even good as much of our FDI is based on Bonds and treasury Bill's which is debt, but that of Ghana was strictly investments.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Spends One Year, 39 Days Abroad In Three Years, 10 Months by sarrki(m): 7:32am On Apr 20, 2019
Realtord43:
Wasted 1yrs of tax payer money away on unproductive travelled.

Are you a Nigerian?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Spends One Year, 39 Days Abroad In Three Years, 10 Months by Realtord43: 7:38am On Apr 20, 2019
sarrki:

Are you a Nigerian?
Yea
Re: Buhari Spends One Year, 39 Days Abroad In Three Years, 10 Months by Sagamaje(m): 7:43am On Apr 20, 2019
sarrki:

Brother I dey

God bless you

Happy easter

But we still fit fight ontop Buhari matter latter today o grin
Re: Buhari Spends One Year, 39 Days Abroad In Three Years, 10 Months by chriskosherbal(m): 7:43am On Apr 20, 2019
sarrki:
Spend all the 365 x 8 = your answer

Outside the shore of naija

So far there is Know looting of our money

Salaries are paid as at when due

Security of life an property is guaranteed

No issues
shocked shocked

Re: Buhari Spends One Year, 39 Days Abroad In Three Years, 10 Months by Hector09(m): 7:44am On Apr 20, 2019
His office should be in sky since he always fly
Re: Buhari Spends One Year, 39 Days Abroad In Three Years, 10 Months by IbyOneGod: 7:48am On Apr 20, 2019
Our oversea president kwaraption pighter
Re: Buhari Spends One Year, 39 Days Abroad In Three Years, 10 Months by helinues: 7:51am On Apr 20, 2019
He should kuku relocate to abroad..

Civil servants must have been sacked/suspended if they were the culprits..

What do I know self
Re: Buhari Spends One Year, 39 Days Abroad In Three Years, 10 Months by sarrki(m): 7:57am On Apr 20, 2019
Sagamaje:

But we still fit fight ontop Buhari matter latter today o grin

We only disagree

We have different solution to our fatherland

We are lol right in our own way
Re: Buhari Spends One Year, 39 Days Abroad In Three Years, 10 Months by Sagamaje(m): 9:03am On Apr 20, 2019
sarrki:

We only disagree

We have different solution to our fatherland

We are lol right in our own way

That's wossup. Happy Easter once more
Re: Buhari Spends One Year, 39 Days Abroad In Three Years, 10 Months by lordkush: 9:17am On Apr 20, 2019
e for better if other presidents visit us like that.

But they 're busy making thier own countries better.

But buhari is playing about.

what has these traveling done for nigeria. oya zombie op answer me b4 ogun kee you. bloody idiot
Re: Buhari Spends One Year, 39 Days Abroad In Three Years, 10 Months by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 20, 2019
The critical thought on his travels should be: What is the net impact on the development and foreign policy of Nigeria?

Here is a geriatric coupist who spent about one-fifth of his directionless tenure bed ridden in a foreign land without accountability to the Nigerian people.

A man whose demeanour is the definition of criminal incompetence and gross cluelessness. Debile in thought, irresponsible in speech and parochial in action.

If he is not inciting ethnic and regional strife with his ill-thought gaffes, he is degrading women with his archaic patriachy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Spends One Year, 39 Days Abroad In Three Years, 10 Months by Gandollar(f): 9:53am On Apr 20, 2019
sarrki:

Are you a Nigerian?
Yes he is. Has security and economy become any better now? You can answer that.
Re: Buhari Spends One Year, 39 Days Abroad In Three Years, 10 Months by Smile4me01(m): 9:59am On Apr 20, 2019
if you are elected today person like you will not even spend one year in Nigeria governor that didn't sick even spend most of their tenor outside their state.
Re: Buhari Spends One Year, 39 Days Abroad In Three Years, 10 Months by Gandollar(f): 10:00am On Apr 20, 2019
boostdom:
The critical thought on his travels should be: What is the net impact on the development and foreign policy of Nigeria?

Here is a geriatric coupist who spent about one-fifth of his directionless tenure bed ridden in a foreign land without accountability to the Nigerian people.

A man whose demeanour is the definition of criminal incompetence and gross cluelessness. Debile in thought, irresponsible in speech and parochial in action.

If he is not inciting ethnic and regional strife with his ill-thought gaffes, he is degrading women with his archaic patriachy.
Thanks my friend. This is an apt description of the lifeless Sudanese in aso rock. I have re-echoed this same opinion 6months into this ill-fated administration, but because of my siggy, many are selectively oblivious of this.

They play ludo with our collective good all in the name of politics.

The SW are doing the dirty job for buhari while praying that he doesn't sideline Tinubu a record second time but will hand over to him in 2023. That's their prayers, though with trepidation.

Iammo, 912, wirinet, B1AK3, sarrki

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Spends One Year, 39 Days Abroad In Three Years, 10 Months by Gandollar(f): 10:07am On Apr 20, 2019
lordkush:
e for better if other presidents visit us like that.

But they 're busy making thier own countries better.

But buhari is playing about.

what has these traveling done for nigeria. oya zombie op answer me b4 ogun kee you. bloody idiot
I will have you know that buhari is fulfilling his lifelong ambition of traveling all over the world all expense paid.

If not for tax payers, the ailment which he suffers would have consumed him totally. Today, he has the best doctors money can buy living with him in aso rock with full option medical facilities.

Yet the reward for keeping him alive is making Nigeria a laughing stock in the comity of Nations.
Iammo, sarrki, wirinet B1AK3 912
Re: Buhari Spends One Year, 39 Days Abroad In Three Years, 10 Months by wirinet(m): 10:18am On Apr 20, 2019
Gandollar:
Thanks my friend. This is an apt description of the lifeless Sudanese in aso rock. I have re-echoed this same opinion 6months into this ill-fated administration, but because of my siggy, many are selectively oblivious of this.

They play ludo with our collective good all in the name of politics.

The SW are doing the dirty job for buhari while praying that he doesn't sideline Tinubu a record second time but will hand over to him in 2023. That's their prayers, though with trepidation.

Iammo, 912, wirinet, B1AK3, sarrki

My name should not feature at all in group as I am not from the south west. I am from an oil producing areas of the Niger delta. Yes I supported Buhari against Jonathan, because of monumental corruption that bedevilled his administration. Buhari of course disappointed most of us that supported, but I still think that he was the lesser of 2 evils as far as the last election was concern. Atiku reminds me too much of Zuma of South Africa.
We need to start participating more in the political space, by choosing leaders who can carry out our aspirations, especially at the local levels. We need to stop fighting or wasting energy on irrelevant issues that cannot improve our current situation.
We need to work and think harder to succeed despite monumental challenges, instead of always looking for excuses as to why we cannot succeed because of everyone else.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Spends One Year, 39 Days Abroad In Three Years, 10 Months by Gandollar(f): 10:24am On Apr 20, 2019
wirinet:

My name should not feature at all in group as I am not from the south west. I am from an oil producing areas of the Niger delta. Yes I supported Buhari against Jonathan, because of monumental corruption that bedevilled his administration. Buhari of course disappointed most of us that supported, but I still think that he was the lesser of 2 evils as far as the last election was concern. Atiku reminds me too much of Zuma of South Africa.
We need to start participating more in the political space, by choosing leaders who can carry out our aspirations, especially at the local levels. We need to stop fighting or wasting energy on irrelevant issues that cannot improve our current situation.
We need to work and think harder to succeed despite monumental challenges, instead of always looking for excuses as to why we cannot succeed because of everyone else.
This really goes to show you are a kid and a liar too.

So you supported buhari because you thought he could perform? What indices influenced your decision? What barometer did you use to arrive at an empirical evidence that buhari could perform?

I need answers backed by detailed facts.

I don't care after all over your choice, but the next time you own a company where the trior of Jonathan, buhari and Atiku were applicants, please ensure to give the job to buhari.
Re: Buhari Spends One Year, 39 Days Abroad In Three Years, 10 Months by wirinet(m): 10:33am On Apr 20, 2019
Gandollar:
This really goes to show you are a kid and a liar too.

So you supported buhari because you thought he could perform? What indices influenced your decision? What barometer did you use to arrive at an empire evidence that buhari could perform?

I need answers backed by detailed facts.

I don't care after all over your choice, but the next time you own a company where the trior of Jonathan, buhari and Atiku were applicants, please ensure to give the job to buhari.
I supported Buhari because of his anti corruption persona. I supported his policies in his first dispensation (but did not support his methods ). He had zero tolerance to drug trafficking, crude theft and indiscipline. Nigeria's major problem apart from corruption is indiscipline.
See what problems those issues buhari was trying to address in 1984 had come back to hunt us today. Our reputation around the world is in tatters due to drug trafficking and 419. Crude oil theft has greatly affected our revenue base apart from being responsible for insecurity and pollution in the Niger delta.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Spends One Year, 39 Days Abroad In Three Years, 10 Months by BlackfireX: 11:07am On Apr 20, 2019
Confused president, confused zombies, confused topic.

(1) (Reply)

RE: Demand Notice On Borehole Registration And License / Govt House Ready If You Want To Move In Tomorrow - Amosun Tells Dapo Abiodun / NJC Recommended Onnoghen’s Compulsory Retirement – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.