Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,784 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Open Letter: "Dear General Overseer" (A Must Read) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Letter: "Dear General Overseer" (A Must Read) (1568 Views)

Pastor Samuel Aboyeji, Biography, Foursquare Gospel Church New General Overseer / Meet Kehinde Adegbolahan, The Assistant General Overseer Of MFM? (Photos) / Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter: "Dear General Overseer" (A Must Read) by Nobody: 9:38am On Apr 20, 2019
Dear General Overseer,

I wouldn’t spend time commending you due to the fact that there are a lot of serious matters to be discussed before it reaches a jeopardizing level of the true ‘Body of Christ’!

The content of this piece is to dive into the realm of your:

i. incessant use of power;
ii. extra-teachings outside the contextual biblical translations; and
iii. continuous forceful financial collections, in the name of “God says”.

Dear General Overseer,

For how long would you take the place of the God and arrogate to yourself the title of an “assistant Holy Spirit” to manipulate your gullible followers and exercise weights of do’s and don’ts?

You bring everyone under the wave of your voice to enslavement because you have the ‘gift’ of oratory. You call for routine conferences, retreats, meetings and determine the patterns of the worship/service as you are pleased.

You communicate rigid philosophies and ideas without balancing it with the ‘epistemological injunctions’ of the Holy Scriptures.

The ‘knowledge’ you teach hasn’t passed the test of “JUSTIFICATION, BELIEF and TRUTH” of mere philosophy, talk more of God’s standard!

You have turned the idea of ‘Church’ from the Early Ekklesia’s basics to modern erection of edifices that demand accolades, gathering people in thousands without meeting the purpose of the True Church.

You promote your sub-pastors in the outcome of how they popularize your denominational name and expand the financial purse of the local branches.

Dear General Overseer,

Your teachings are completely offset to Christ’s teachings; you teach works above grace; you teach tradition above God’s terms; you teach personal philosophies and convictions and any act of slight transgression of your set principles attract severe ‘knocks’.

You have introduced new routines into the system, you ‘sing in tongues’, you make your ‘sheep’ fast for long number of days, and you bless people base on their financial contribution and disregarding the ‘widow’s mite’ of the poor.

Lastly, Dear General Overseer,

Your constant demand for money from the ‘sheep’ is so shocking and every demand is attached with mouth-watering assurances to propel them to give, as well as woes and curses upon as many that have nothing to give. All these are nowhere in the Bible.

You say the condition of getting God’s blessings and making heaven are hinged on the total compliance of giving their FIRST FRUITS and TITHES, while neglecting caring for the body of Christ.

Conclusively, I hope your ‘sheep’ will one day see the light; I pray you’ll one day have a change of heart and I anticipate that one day, everyone will find you a liar if your refuse to pragmatically perform the norms and rudiments of the Early Church’s Practice of ‘Ekklesia’ or ‘Koinonia’ which involves pluralism of eldership, grass-root fellowship, intense Spreading Christ’s Gospel (without preaching denomination) and sharing to the needs of the needy.

On this note, I assuage my pen and I hope the readers will look inward and correct every wrong rather than throw ‘bullets’ in defense of their ‘gods’ (General Overseers).

Understand that this 'letter' isn't written to a particular General Overseer, but to the General individuals operating in any capacity of leadership position, to look inward and fix what ought to be fixed before the Lord of the Harvest Comes...

Thanks So Much!

I’m UNIQUE ISRAEL, “the pen of the limbless”

#IsraelOA

1 Like

Re: Open Letter: "Dear General Overseer" (A Must Read) by cornerplus: 9:54am On Apr 20, 2019
Weak writing. No depth, no soul. Look who's criticising. Smh.

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter: "Dear General Overseer" (A Must Read) by uekejiuba(m): 10:14am On Apr 20, 2019
God bless you..
May your pen never drop
May you live long

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Open Letter: "Dear General Overseer" (A Must Read) by Nobody: 6:08pm On Apr 20, 2019
uekejiuba:
God bless you..
May your pen never drop
May you live long

Thanks!!
Re: Open Letter: "Dear General Overseer" (A Must Read) by Atewo400(m): 8:25pm On Apr 20, 2019
This is a nice write up sha
just that Thus doesn't change the fact that

God still dosent exist!!!

if he does he is useless and sadistic
Such a dumb ass that would create his own enemy and allow his own creation suffer the mistake of an all knowing and powerful god
Re: Open Letter: "Dear General Overseer" (A Must Read) by Greatzeus(m): 11:38pm On Apr 20, 2019
I have promise myself never to engage in unfruitful arguments on Nairaland again over religion, tribe,denominational supremacy,gender supremacy or political crap again.
Why,it's of no use and almost useless,you ain't gonna convert anybody to your religion through arguments,you can only pass a message. Also everyone thinks he's path his right,I will leave God to do his work, only him can save.
Op, sorry this your low fiber thoughts ain't getting to no G.O,it was born and will probably die here sorry. They are busy doing what they do that made them billionaires,no time for this your dead on arrival morality check.
Re: Open Letter: "Dear General Overseer" (A Must Read) by wildernessVoice: 2:48am On Apr 21, 2019
Atewo400:
This is a nice write up sha
just that Thus doesn't change the fact that

God still dosent exist!!!

if he does he is useless and sadistic
Such a dumb ass that would create his own enemy and allow his own creation suffer the mistake of an all knowing and powerful god

Psalms 14:1 "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good."
Re: Open Letter: "Dear General Overseer" (A Must Read) by Nobody: 8:09am On Apr 21, 2019
OAM4J

(1) (Reply)

Do You Believe Charms Exist That Can Prevent Bullet From Piercing The Body? / Lawyers/Every Body: Is This Not A Deceit? Dan 7:25 Accurate / Individuals View (member) Of Christ Embassy.blw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.