Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

‘tokunbo’ To ‘accidented’ Cars: Citizens Express Mixed Feelings As Nigeria Turns - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / ‘tokunbo’ To ‘accidented’ Cars: Citizens Express Mixed Feelings As Nigeria Turns (1040 Views)

Do You Have Or Need Affordable Non Accidented Cars/Vehicles?If Yes, CHECK HERE! / Post Your Reasonable Slightly Accidented Cars/Vehicles Here! !! / BUY & SELL New And Clean Title(Non-Salvage & Non-Accidented) Cars/Vehicles HERE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘tokunbo’ To ‘accidented’ Cars: Citizens Express Mixed Feelings As Nigeria Turns by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 20, 2019
April 20, 2019
Ihuoma Chiedozie

After buying a ‘state-of-the-art’ saloon car, Edmund Eze was in a celebratory mood. Although the vehicle was ‘Tokunbo’, a coinage for fairly used items including vehicles imported from overseas, it was almost new and in great condition especially considering its low mileage, neat interior and gleaming coat. In his Abuja neighbourhood, it was the envy of all eyes especially those with a large taste.

But Eze’s joy turned into nightmare four months after purchasing the car. Driving the vehicle one day, he ran into a pothole and everything changed. He heard a loud, crunchy noise and the steering became stiff. He soon realised that the beam had collapsed on the front wheels. It was quite an unusual type of breakdown and the young man was confused. A mechanic was summoned and after inspecting the car, it was discovered that the vehicle’s front beam was welded together long before he purchased it. The young man’s new machine was an ‘accidented’ vehicle brought into the country as ‘Tokunbo’ after some repair works.

“I was so devastated when I found out that it was an ‘accidented’ car,” he said. “What pained me the most was that the damage suffered by the car must have been substantial for it to have affected the beam.

“To think that I bought that car for N6m pains me even more,” he added while narrating his ugly experience during a chat with our correspondent.

The dealer, who sold the car refused to take responsibility for the problem and despite getting the police involved, Eze could not get any reprieve. Eventually, he had to sell off the car after repeated efforts to put it back in shape failed.

Adamu Michael had a similar experience. All was well with the ‘Tokunbo’ Sports Utility Vehicle he bought from a Lagos car dealer until he discovered that water was coming inside it from one of the doors anytime it rained, and also whenever it was being washed. It happened even when the window on that particular door was wound up.

“I made enquiries and was told that the car must have had a major damage on the door with the window before it was imported.

“They repaired the door but it was not done very well and as a result, water was coming inside from the window. It was so annoying and really messed up the car,” Michael said.
Unlike Eze, Michael was able to fix the problem after spending a little fortune to replace the faulty door. But Vitus Emeka’s case was different. He intentionally ordered an ‘accidented’ car from the US after discovering that damaged vehicles were much cheaper.

“I needed to change my car but didn’t have enough money to go for the type of ‘Tokunbo’ I wanted.

Along the line, the dealer who was helping me to get the car, told me that I could get a more recent model by going for an ‘accidented’ car, which are sold at cheaper prices abroad.

“I jumped at the offer and that was how I was able to purchase an SUV, which is one of the most patronised vehicles at the moment,” he said.
The car arrived without the front and back bumpers, while the air-bag had already been blown out. Also, the accident, which the car suffered, affected the front legs.

“I was able to put the car in order but due to the initial damage on the front legs, it is always going out of alignment and it kept spoiling the tyres,” he added.

https://www.punchng.com/tokunbo-to-accidented-cars-citizens-express-mixed-feelings-as-nigeria-turns-dumping-ground/amp/
Re: ‘tokunbo’ To ‘accidented’ Cars: Citizens Express Mixed Feelings As Nigeria Turns by Bettycars(m): 3:26pm On Apr 20, 2019
Why spend millions to buy a good foreign used vehicle. Look no further. At Bettycars, you can get vehicles for good price.

For your European used cars or buses please call or whatsapp 070 6587 0508 for enquiries or inspection

We are importers of used vehicles at very good prices, with complete, original and verifiable customs paper. No hassles, no regrets.
Besides, all our vehicles are never accidented with verifiable records of car maintenance here in Norway.
Re: ‘tokunbo’ To ‘accidented’ Cars: Citizens Express Mixed Feelings As Nigeria Turns by CarGuidNG: 3:54pm On Apr 20, 2019
comshots:

April 20, 2019
Ihuoma Chiedozie

After buying a ‘state-of-the-art’ saloon car, Edmund Eze was in a celebratory mood. Although the vehicle was ‘Tokunbo’, a coinage for fairly used items including vehicles imported from overseas, it was almost new and in great condition especially considering its low mileage, neat interior and gleaming coat. In his Abuja neighbourhood, it was the envy of all eyes especially those with a large taste.

But Eze’s joy turned into nightmare four months after purchasing the car. Driving the vehicle one day, he ran into a pothole and everything changed. He heard a loud, crunchy noise and the steering became stiff. He soon realised that the beam had collapsed on the front wheels. It was quite an unusual type of breakdown and the young man was confused. A mechanic was summoned and after inspecting the car, it was discovered that the vehicle’s front beam was welded together long before he purchased it. The young man’s new machine was an ‘accidented’ vehicle brought into the country as ‘Tokunbo’ after some repair works.

“I was so devastated when I found out that it was an ‘accidented’ car,” he said. “What pained me the most was that the damage suffered by the car must have been substantial for it to have affected the beam.

“To think that I bought that car for N6m pains me even more,” he added while narrating his ugly experience during a chat with our correspondent.

The dealer, who sold the car refused to take responsibility for the problem and despite getting the police involved, Eze could not get any reprieve. Eventually, he had to sell off the car after repeated efforts to put it back in shape failed.

Adamu Michael had a similar experience. All was well with the ‘Tokunbo’ Sports Utility Vehicle he bought from a Lagos car dealer until he discovered that water was coming inside it from one of the doors anytime it rained, and also whenever it was being washed. It happened even when the window on that particular door was wound up.

“I made enquiries and was told that the car must have had a major damage on the door with the window before it was imported.

“They repaired the door but it was not done very well and as a result, water was coming inside from the window. It was so annoying and really messed up the car,” Michael said.
Unlike Eze, Michael was able to fix the problem after spending a little fortune to replace the faulty door. But Vitus Emeka’s case was different. He intentionally ordered an ‘accidented’ car from the US after discovering that damaged vehicles were much cheaper.

“I needed to change my car but didn’t have enough money to go for the type of ‘Tokunbo’ I wanted.

Along the line, the dealer who was helping me to get the car, told me that I could get a more recent model by going for an ‘accidented’ car, which are sold at cheaper prices abroad.

“I jumped at the offer and that was how I was able to purchase an SUV, which is one of the most patronised vehicles at the moment,” he said.
The car arrived without the front and back bumpers, while the air-bag had already been blown out. Also, the accident, which the car suffered, affected the front legs.

“I was able to put the car in order but due to the initial damage on the front legs, it is always going out of alignment and it kept spoiling the tyres,” he added.

https://www.punchng.com/tokunbo-to-accidented-cars-citizens-express-mixed-feelings-as-nigeria-turns-dumping-ground/amp/

Protect yourself from dangerous imported vehicles.

Contact CarGuideNG for your Premium Vehicle History Reports

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8733658_cgng01_jpeg736836811891d0b4c875b7a32277443a

Premium VIN Checks & Reports

https://www.nairaland.com/CarGuideNG

https:///+2347011116171

+234-701-111-6171. SMS/Call/Whatsapp/WeChat

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8884844_20190228074305_jpeg65eac1ba98b0dd4d7005c154021a9088

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘tokunbo’ To ‘accidented’ Cars: Citizens Express Mixed Feelings As Nigeria Turns by computerglobal(m): 4:21pm On Apr 20, 2019
Car shopping can be overwhelming so make sure you do your research ahead to avoid being ripped off.Get a vehicle history check to know everything about the vehicle....

With computerglobal you will instantly receive an accurate vehicle history report

Comprehensive Report

100% Verified, Accurate Data

Fast, no-hassle turn around.....

Instant Report Delivery

The Fastest Service Delivery

Comprehensive vehicle history report that you can count on to make an informed purchase

We help you interpret the report and also advice you

Don't run the risk of buying a used car with costly hidden problems. Shop with confidence for a car with the our vehicle history that's right for you.

With Vin checks and reports willsave you money on your initial investment in a vehicle, but can help steer you away from a vehicle that is problematic and into something that is going to bring you years of enjoyment.

For Free Flood Damaged Vehicle Checks . Visit https://www.nairaland.com/4030035/free-flood-damaged-vehicle-checks#60086379
Visit https://www.nairaland.com/4370199/buyer-beware-free-vin-checks

For Free Manufacturer recalls check Visit https://www.nairaland.com/4370199/buyer-beware-free-vin-checks

For Free Basic Vehicle Information Package (BVIP) Visit https://www.nairaland.com/4180047/free-basic-vehicle-information-package

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (Vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068 or sms vin and email address to +37257130685

Email : computerglobaltech at gmail dot com
www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10000072_vehiclehistoryreport_jpeg3e8dde5a1fb4cccbf6626e983b2598da

Custom Document Verification

https://www.nairaland.com/4916517/exclusive-claim-100-free-custom
https://www.nairaland.com/4920896/exclusive-claim-100-free-custom

Contact us on Whats-app now directly . Just a click away.

https:///+2348060365068

www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9819253_20190630123201_jpeg4ce4fbc27f7585fd9c126b1683d30501
Re: ‘tokunbo’ To ‘accidented’ Cars: Citizens Express Mixed Feelings As Nigeria Turns by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 26, 2020

(1) (Reply)

2007 Lexus Es350 For Sale N2..550milion last / Tokunbo Mazda CX9 Full Option SUV With Navigation / 2006 Toyota Sienna Registered For Sale Very Clean And Fresh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.