Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,777 members, 7,817,203 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Funmilayo Kuti Led Yoruba Kings & Nnamdi Azikwe To London In 1947-pics - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Funmilayo Kuti Led Yoruba Kings & Nnamdi Azikwe To London In 1947-pics (65381 Views)

Atiku Heads For London In Last-Ditch Effort To Woo Wike / Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria, In London In June 1973 (Throwback Photo) / The Nigeria Police: 1947 Vs 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funmilayo Kuti Led Yoruba Kings & Nnamdi Azikwe To London In 1947-pics by AreaFada2: 12:23am On Apr 21, 2019
sarrki:

Nop

The 1966 coup messed up the whole thing

What led to 1966 coup? It just happened like that? Nope!

In that photo and around that period, leaders were a bit naive in their quest for independence and could not see the problems ahead.

Awo saw it best and decided to strengthen Western region educationally, economically and otherwise against the unexpected. Zik was too idealistic and Africanist to see problems ahead. Western Region became the most progressive area of Africa as a whole. But still he too hoped Nigeria would somehow make it.

Remember that Awo & colleagues were framed up for treason and jailed to allow SLA rule Western Region, and in Alliance with NPC of Balewa/Ahmadu Bello & NCNC to allow the North to control power at the centre.

Things were already going bad & state of emergency (the first in Nigeria) was already imposed by FG in Western Region. It was a matter of time.

Had oil not been discovered in more quantity when Awo was released from Prison, Sir A. Ademola's fight to make the Western World stop the North's secession could have been fruitless after the first coup of 1966.

More money from oil influenced Awo siding with Gowon to position himself & SW well alongside the North. Even though Awo loathed the anti-progressive & conservative ways of the North and never considered alliance with NPC previously in Federal parliament.

2 Likes

Re: Funmilayo Kuti Led Yoruba Kings & Nnamdi Azikwe To London In 1947-pics by searchlight: 12:29am On Apr 21, 2019
Elemosho478:

So you expect us to keep working together with you when you betrayed us first? You lot would blame Everyone in this country except yourselves, it is a sign that you are all sick in the head
you lack sense

1 Like

Re: Funmilayo Kuti Led Yoruba Kings & Nnamdi Azikwe To London In 1947-pics by Gandollar(f): 12:44am On Apr 21, 2019
Westsida:
[s][/s]

How many times have you masturbated today with that picture? Why not use Tiwa/wizzy sex video instead?

1 Like

Re: Funmilayo Kuti Led Yoruba Kings & Nnamdi Azikwe To London In 1947-pics by johnie: 12:51am On Apr 21, 2019
archangel1:
elsewhere, I asked; who led who?

My mistake.

I should have posted the link where I lifted the first part of my post verbatim:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/05/awo-stopped-zik-going-centre/

I will not be drawn into this tribal bashing thing.

Ironically, that link will probably fuel the tribal war further.

If only people would stop looking at things from their tribal prisms.

cc mandeyy
Re: Funmilayo Kuti Led Yoruba Kings & Nnamdi Azikwe To London In 1947-pics by selemo: 12:54am On Apr 21, 2019
Imagine a white man in the midst of black monkeys.. grin
Re: Funmilayo Kuti Led Yoruba Kings & Nnamdi Azikwe To London In 1947-pics by Nobody: 1:01am On Apr 21, 2019
Mace0lane:
Zik was a foolish bastard that sold out the south to become a northern slave though he was gifted option to rule like a king. Zik is cursed even in his grave.

No one in your lineage(living or dead) has gotten close to Zik'a Legacies.

1 Like

Re: Funmilayo Kuti Led Yoruba Kings & Nnamdi Azikwe To London In 1947-pics by Akolawole(m): 1:19am On Apr 21, 2019
Sirjamo:
Zik was a great man who believed in strategic alliance and deployment of intellect to pursue a course and achieve a goal. Ojukwu and Kanu would have gone to such a place with sub - machine guns and RPGs.

Zik and alliance? Do you remember NPP days and purported alliance with UPN?
Re: Funmilayo Kuti Led Yoruba Kings & Nnamdi Azikwe To London In 1947-pics by SouthSouth1914: 1:34am On Apr 21, 2019
sarrki:

That’s harsh young man

Remember you will also taste death too

Unless he acts like Zik during his lifetime.
Re: Funmilayo Kuti Led Yoruba Kings & Nnamdi Azikwe To London In 1947-pics by Realbelieveer(m): 1:37am On Apr 21, 2019
Back then. It was youths leading the movements. Now a days. The youth lead only inside there rooms with their fingers typing
Re: Funmilayo Kuti Led Yoruba Kings & Nnamdi Azikwe To London In 1947-pics by johnie: 1:59am On Apr 21, 2019
johnie:

My mistake.

I should have posted the link where I lifted the first part of my post verbatim:

cc mandeyy

To balance the opinion in that link, readers are advised to also read this:

https://nigeriaworld.com/columnist/oyeyemi/121602.html
Re: Funmilayo Kuti Led Yoruba Kings & Nnamdi Azikwe To London In 1947-pics by Jalinco: 2:07am On Apr 21, 2019
Look at how young she was! Our girls of today will rather busy themselves with anything that has to do with sex. Sleeping here and there, aristocrazies, awon werrey won le d'oko ola sile.
Re: Funmilayo Kuti Led Yoruba Kings & Nnamdi Azikwe To London In 1947-pics by Nobody: 2:12am On Apr 21, 2019
Elemosho478:

You still don't get the point ? When Azikiwe worked with South West to fought for independence why did he betray the south and then joined with the North? Azikiwe was a traitor and he was the one that sold the south to the North but no one is talking about it

May thunder fire Azikiwe wherever he is
Awolowo was the traitor, not Zik. He saw that Zik was about to win the Premiership of Western Region and he incited the Yorubas against Zik? If you were Zik, would you work with such a person or his tribe again? Tell me the truth.

Moreover, he did the same thing when Kenneth Dike was chosen on merit to become VC of UI. He said that Onabamiro should have been made the VC.

Truth be told, in our South, tribal politics and wickedness began with Awolowo.

3 Likes

Re: Funmilayo Kuti Led Yoruba Kings & Nnamdi Azikwe To London In 1947-pics by Elemosho478: 2:16am On Apr 21, 2019
Mandeyy:
Awolowo was the traitor, not Zik. He saw that Zik was about to win the Premiership of Western Region and he incited the Yorubas against Zik? If you were Zik, would you work with such a person or his tribe again? Tell me the truth.

Moreover, he did the same thing when Kenneth Dike was chosen on merit to become VC of UI. He said that Onabamiro should have been made the VC.

Truth be told, in our South, tribal politics and wickedness began with Awolowo.

You are still lying when deep down you Know the truth, may thunder Fire Zik where he is and he will never know peace
Re: Funmilayo Kuti Led Yoruba Kings & Nnamdi Azikwe To London In 1947-pics by Nobody: 2:23am On Apr 21, 2019
Elemosho478:

You still don't get the point ? When Azikiwe worked with South West to fought for independence why did he betray the south and then joined with the North? Azikiwe was a traitor and he was the one that sold the south to the North but no one is talking about it

May thunder fire Azikiwe wherever he is
On the contrary, it was Awolowo that went behind to form an alliance with the North, and when Zik discovered that Awolowo was not serious with the coalition they agreed to form, he went straight to Tafawa Balewa. All in all, Awolowo was a traitor. It's in Yoruba's gene. Remember Al-Mustapha's revelation that it was Yoruba leaders that sold out Abiola. He said that he had a documentary evidence to prove it. He said that they would come to Abacha and urge him to deal with Abiola, and when they approached Abiola, they would tell him not to leave the prison without his mandate that Abacha was wicked. So, Yorubas are traitors. That the South is not united today was caused by Yorubas (Tinubu and co).

Igbos formed a healthy alliance with the North unlike the stupid and unreasonable alliance Yorubas formed with the North today.

The build-up to the first coup in Nigeria was caused by Awolowo and Akintola who were at each other's jugular for the leadership of the West in 1964.

2 Likes

Re: Funmilayo Kuti Led Yoruba Kings & Nnamdi Azikwe To London In 1947-pics by Nobody: 2:35am On Apr 21, 2019
johnie:

My mistake.

cc mandeyy
None of your links pointed to the fact that Fela's mother led Zik and others to London. In reality, it was Zik that led them to London.

2 Likes

Re: Funmilayo Kuti Led Yoruba Kings & Nnamdi Azikwe To London In 1947-pics by Elemosho478: 2:40am On Apr 21, 2019
Mandeyy:
On the contrary, it was Awolowo that went behind to form an alliance with the North, and when Zik discovered that Awolowo was not serious with the coalition they agreed to form, he went straight to Tafawa Balewa. All in all, Awolowo was a traitor. It's in Yoruba's gene. Remember Al-Mustapha's revelation that it was Yoruba's leaders that sold out Abiola. He said that he had a documentary evidence to prove it. He said that they would come to Abacha and urge him to deal with Abiola, and when they approached Abiola, they would tell him not to live the prison without his mandate that Abacha was wicked. So, Yorubas are traitors. That the South is not united today was caused by Yorubas (Tinubu and co).

Igbos formed a healthy alliance with the North unlike the stupid and unreasonable alliance Yorubas formed with the North today.

The build-up to the first coup in Nigeria was caused by Awolowo and Akintola who were at each other's jugular for the leadership of the West in 1964.

You still keep blaming others when you really started every thing that is wrong with Nigeria

Awolowo should have wipe you off the face of Earth, you are like a Curse and Liability on Nigeria. You are still a shameless Liar !

The first betrayal in Nigeria Igbo Started it
The first Coup in Nigeria Igbo carried it out
The Regional Government in Nigeria was terminated by the same Igbo
The secession Clause in Nigeria constitutions was prevented by Igbo

Was all these really Coincidences?

Awolowo should have do us all a favour in Africa and wipe off your tribe of Traitors, cowards and losers, despite the fact that you are the key tribe in Nigeria's problems you still have the gut to blame others except yourselves like you are all saints. Igbo the tribe of Traitors,losers, Slaves and Cowards it is not today you began ass licking the North

1 Like

Re: Funmilayo Kuti Led Yoruba Kings & Nnamdi Azikwe To London In 1947-pics by johnie: 2:45am On Apr 21, 2019
Mandeyy:
None of your links pointed to the fact that Fela's mother led Zik and others to London. In reality, it was Zik that led them to London.

My post was to clear the confusion about the delegation being of Yoruba kings and Zik.

It was an NCNC delegation selected from various parts of the country and not a Yoruba delegation.

Like I said earlier, I will not join the ethnic bashing tirade!
Re: Funmilayo Kuti Led Yoruba Kings & Nnamdi Azikwe To London In 1947-pics by Elemosho478: 2:46am On Apr 21, 2019
Mandeyy:
On the contrary, it was Awolowo that went behind to form an alliance with the North, and when Zik discovered that Awolowo was not serious with the coalition they agreed to form, he went straight to Tafawa Balewa. All in all, Awolowo was a traitor. It's in Yoruba's gene. Remember Al-Mustapha's revelation that it was Yoruba's leaders that sold out Abiola. He said that he had a documentary evidence to prove it. He said that they would come to Abacha and urge him to deal with Abiola, and when they approached Abiola, they would tell him not to live the prison without his mandate that Abacha was wicked. So, Yorubas are traitors. That the South is not united today was caused by Yorubas (Tinubu and co).

You are just a shameless Igbo lying to save face like a typical Igbo traitor and Coward, it is in Igbo gene.
Re: Funmilayo Kuti Led Yoruba Kings & Nnamdi Azikwe To London In 1947-pics by johnie: 2:48am On Apr 21, 2019

1 Like

Re: Funmilayo Kuti Led Yoruba Kings & Nnamdi Azikwe To London In 1947-pics by Elemosho478: 2:53am On Apr 21, 2019
johnie:
Elemosho478 and mandeyy, both of you should read:

and

https://nigeriaworld.com/columnist/oyeyemi/121602.html1

All these revisionist and bullshit wouldn't change the fact that Treacherous Azikiwe betrayed Awolowo to joined the North and Igbo is the tribe of Slaves, losers, Cowards and Traitors they are guilty of whatever they accused Yoruba of and they are the biggest Hyprocrites in History, shameless tribe. May Azikiwe never know peace wherever he is
Re: Funmilayo Kuti Led Yoruba Kings & Nnamdi Azikwe To London In 1947-pics by johnie: 2:56am On Apr 21, 2019
Elemosho478:

All these revisionist and bullshit wouldn't change the fact that Treacherous Azikiwe betrayed Awolowo to joined the North and Igbo is the tribe of Slaves, losers, Cowards and Traitors they are guilty of whatever they accused Yoruba of and they are the biggest Hyprocrites in History, shameless tribe. May Azikiwe never know peace wherever he is

Is Oyeyemi. the author of the article in the second link, a revisionist too?

1 Like

Re: Funmilayo Kuti Led Yoruba Kings & Nnamdi Azikwe To London In 1947-pics by Nobody: 2:57am On Apr 21, 2019
Elemosho478:

You are just a shameless Igbo lying to save face like a typical Igbo traitor and Coward, it is in Igbo gene.
You started it. Respect yourself. Counter my statement if what i said is a lie. The destabilizer and destroyer of Southern unity are the Yorubas, especially Tinubu and his company. It started with Awolowo. He urged the FG to starve Eastern Region. Today, we're still waxing stronger. We dey kampe. I never wanted to talk about Awolowo, but you started it by insulting Zik. Posterity will judge who destroyed the unity of the South.

1 Like

Re: Funmilayo Kuti Led Yoruba Kings & Nnamdi Azikwe To London In 1947-pics by johnie: 3:00am On Apr 21, 2019
FRK (Funmi Ransome-Kuti) was selected to be on that delegation as a top member of NCNC, and also to represent the womenfolk.

Like the op (sarrki) said, maybe that's why Fela referred to her as "the only mother of this country" in Unknown Soldier.
Re: Funmilayo Kuti Led Yoruba Kings & Nnamdi Azikwe To London In 1947-pics by Elemosho478: 3:00am On Apr 21, 2019
johnie:

Is Oyeyemi. the author of the article in the second link, a revisionist too?

I don't Fvcking care, the fact of the History was that Azikiwe joined the North and igbo was the first tribe to formed alliance with the north, and they are the Biggest traitor in History since they believe Yoruba was wrong for doing the same thing. They are the biggest Hyprocrites, traitors and losers in History, case Close!
Re: Funmilayo Kuti Led Yoruba Kings & Nnamdi Azikwe To London In 1947-pics by Nobody: 3:03am On Apr 21, 2019
Elemosho478:

Mind you: Igbos are neither traitors nor cowards. Remember Oladipo Diya, a whole General who was crying and begging a junior officer. Hahahaha! He's your brother ooo! Remember also that a woman from Dahomey (now Benin Republic) beheaded a Yoruba king, while his warriors ran away. Remember that the Fulanis killed a Yoruba king of Kwara and took over Kwara. Almustapha's statement has also corroborated the fact that Yorubas are traitors.

2 Likes

Re: Funmilayo Kuti Led Yoruba Kings & Nnamdi Azikwe To London In 1947-pics by Elemosho478: 3:06am On Apr 21, 2019
Mandeyy:
You started it. Respect yourself. Counter my statement if what i said is a lie. The destabilizer and destroyer of Southern unity are the Yorubas, especially Tinubu and his company. It started with Awolowo. He urged the FG to starve Eastern Region. Today, we're still waxing stronger. We dey kampe. I never wanted to talk about Awolowo, but you started it by insulting Zik. Posterity will judge who destroyed the unity of the South.

Who destroyed the Unity of the south in the beginning was a Shameless Igbo man Azikiwe, and igbo was the first tribe in Nigeria to formed alliance with the North which make you the biggest traitor in History and you are still a Shameless tribe for accusing Yoruba of what you started in Nigeria, Awolowo should have do us all a favour and wipe you all out you are just like a liability. May Azikiwe never know peace wherever he is

1 Like

Re: Funmilayo Kuti Led Yoruba Kings & Nnamdi Azikwe To London In 1947-pics by johnie: 3:06am On Apr 21, 2019
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery to politicians, ethnic jingoists/chauvinists and religious bigots.

Re: Funmilayo Kuti Led Yoruba Kings & Nnamdi Azikwe To London In 1947-pics by Nobody: 3:10am On Apr 21, 2019
johnie:

My post was to clear the confusion about the delegation being of Yoruba kings and Zik.

It was an NCNC delegation selected from various parts of the country and not a Yoruba delegation.

Like I said earlier, I will not join the ethnic bashing tirade!
That's exactly what i meant, cos i saw other leaders from other ethic groups other than Igbo and Yoruba. I did not go ethnic. I was trying to correct the erroneous impression by the original poster that it was Fela's mother that led the delegation. I'm on the same page with you that it was an NCNC delegation and that it was led by Zik.

1 Like

Re: Funmilayo Kuti Led Yoruba Kings & Nnamdi Azikwe To London In 1947-pics by Nobody: 3:13am On Apr 21, 2019
Elemosho478:

Who destroyed the Unity of the south in the beginning was a Shameless Igbo man Azikiwe, and igbo was the first tribe in Nigeria to formed an alliance with the North which make you the biggest traitor in History and you are still a Shameless tribe for accusing Yoruba of what you started in Nigeria, Awolowo should have do us all a favour and wipe you all out you are just like a liability. May Azikiwe never know peace wherever he is
First of all, go back to school. Your reasoning is poor. Besides, your grammatical blunders are unacceptable. I see you're a tou.t.

1 Like

Re: Funmilayo Kuti Led Yoruba Kings & Nnamdi Azikwe To London In 1947-pics by Elemosho478: 3:17am On Apr 21, 2019
Mandeyy:
Mind you: Igbos are neither traitors nor cowards. Remember Oladipo Diya, a whole General who was crying and begging a junior officer. Hahahaha! He's your brother ooo! Remember also that a woman from Dahomey (now Benin Republic) beheaded a Yoruba king, while his warriors ran away. Remember that the Fulanis killed a Yoruba king of Kwara and took over Kwara. Almustapha's statement has also corroborated the fact that Yorubas are traitors.

What is this one saying?
A Shameless Igbo tribe that were Enslaved by Ijaw and Benin, sodomized and Massacred by Hausa/Fulani in the north when igbo decided to fight it only ended in Hausa/Fulani raping your women and killed 3 million OSU

You are still a shameless Liar trying hard to save Face like a typical Igbo it is in the gene of Traitors like Igbo tribe, Dahomey never beheaded a Yoruba King and Fulani never took over Kwara but Ilorin a single town and just an inch of Yoruba Lands which was part of a great battle and Yoruba still managed to defeated the Fulani during Jihad war. Tell me what your forefathers ever conquered? Coward!

My forefathers were conquerors while your forefathers hid inside the Jungle, dwelled on trees, shit on themselves and ate themselves because they were Cannibals, today a single Oyo state is bigger than Entire South East to prove the adventurous spirit of my forefathers, igbo is the biggest losers in History, shameless cowards and traitors tribe!

2 Likes

Re: Funmilayo Kuti Led Yoruba Kings & Nnamdi Azikwe To London In 1947-pics by emmie14: 3:18am On Apr 21, 2019
Amuocha:
She contributed to the terrible mess in Nigeria's political history.

Nonsense.
badoooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ekpa Sit At Home: This Is Onitsha Currently (pics ) / Caption This Photo Of President Buhari And Osinbajo / Police  Arrest Eight Suspected Cultists Over Attack On Tinubu’s Convoy In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.