Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,119 members, 7,849,497 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:42 PM

Help! Oyo State Is Turning Upside Down: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Help! Oyo State Is Turning Upside Down: (1029 Views)

Nigeria: The Economic Upside- Kemi Adeosun / Idris Wada Holding His Governorship Certificate Upside Down / Breaking News: Kogi State Is Under Attack Right Now. DSS Office Under Siege! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Oyo State Is Turning Upside Down: by organiza(m): 11:02am On Sep 16, 2010
Just this morning when we about going to work, we found out that the TOKYO AND ELEWEOMO people are out against each other we are unable to get to our working place, killings burning or vehicles and lot of damages, what as this ogbomoso born man called "boda bayo" doing to rectify this mess in the state capital, house your comment over this issue will be appreciated,
Re: Help! Oyo State Is Turning Upside Down: by 9ijaMan: 11:07am On Sep 16, 2010
organiza:

Just this morning  when we about going to work, we found out that the TOKYO AND ELEWEOMO people are out against each other we are unable to get to our working place, killings burning or vehicles and lot of damages, what as this ogbomoso born man called "boda bayo" doing to rectify this mess in the state capital, house your comment over this issue will be appreciated, 

GEJ is busy looking for support from these rogues who are state governors in the south-west. Hence you should not expect any miracle soon in both Oyo and Ogun states. The governors are busy licking GEJ's boot and risking the lives of their respective state's citizens just to feel among, !
Re: Help! Oyo State Is Turning Upside Down: by Kennyblues(m): 11:11am On Sep 16, 2010
Talk to GEJ on his facebook account perhaps he might help
Re: Help! Oyo State Is Turning Upside Down: by otokx(m): 1:18pm On Sep 16, 2010
Oyo state has always been upside down; what are you talking about?
Re: Help! Oyo State Is Turning Upside Down: by organiza(m): 1:16pm On Sep 17, 2010
wel the only way i think this mess could be stoped is to declare state of emergency in oyos tate because bayo can no longer control oyo state, his wisdom is very minute to control the affairs of the state, military people are really preparing to eradicate this SATANIC LEADERS, sad sad sad
Re: Help! Oyo State Is Turning Upside Down: by Gbawe: 1:42pm On Sep 17, 2010
organiza:

wel the only way i think this mess could be stoped is to declare state of emergency in oyos tate because bayo can no longer control oyo state, his wisdom is very minute to control the affairs of the state, military people are really preparing to eradicate this SATANIC LEADERS, sad sad sad

My brother I feel for you. My Father's State Ogun (I grew up in Lagos) is also under siege. As 9ijaMan surmises , we are on our own. Alao AKala and OGD are "untouchables" in their respective States because Jonathan needs their support. If Oyo has to put up with four more years of Akala's misrule so be it. If Ogun State has to gain a stooge of OGD , who will continue the looting and misrule, so be it . It is all par for the course for project Jonathan. Jonathan's vocal fans were busy making excuses when 9ijaMan challenged his inaction over the gangsterism of Daniel in Ogun State on another thread . They had the effrontery to tell us that Jonathan has given all stakeholders 48 Hours (since last Thursday) !!! How many hours has now passed?

All these events we are direct and living witnesses to are indications that Jonathan will be "more of the same" for Nigeria. All the PDP candidates are the same . Nigerians must choose a candidate that will ensure that Nigeria will work for all of us and not an individual who can condemn the SW region to misrule and hardship so that he retains power at all cost.
Re: Help! Oyo State Is Turning Upside Down: by Beaf: 1:50pm On Sep 17, 2010
Gbawe:

My brother I feel for you. My Father's State Ogun (I grew up in Lagos) is also under siege. As 9ijaMan surmises , we are on our own. Alao AKala and OGD are "untouchables" in their respective States because Jonathan needs their support. If Oyo has to put up with four more years of Akala's misrule so be it. If Ogun State has to gain a stooge of OGD , who will continue the looting and misrule, so be it . It is all par for the course for project Jonathan. Jonathan's vocal fans were busy making excuses when 9ijaMan challenged his inaction over the gangsterism of Daniel in Ogun State on another thread . They had the effrontery to tell us that Jonathan has given all stakeholders 48 Hours (since last Thursday) !!! How many hours has now passed?

All these events we are direct and living witnesses to are indications that Jonathan will be "more of the same" for Nigeria. All the PDP candidates are the same . Nigerians must choose a candidate that will ensure that Nigeria will work for all of us and not an individual who can condemn the SW region to misrule and hardship so that he retains power at all cost.

How ridiculous can a grown up get? Does Jonathan now impeach governors? Doesn't your state have a House of Assembly that can do that?
If you cared enough for your state, you would be going through the right channels, instead of making odd squeaks here. Has your governor told you his state is out of his control?
Reasoning like yours is the more reason states should be merged, because even seemingly educated people have no clue about how democracies are run.
Re: Help! Oyo State Is Turning Upside Down: by Gbawe: 3:12pm On Sep 17, 2010
^^^

My friend give it up. Stop following me from thread to thread like an infatuated Puppy. Abeg go find other Nairalanders to insult dem papa and mama . We all know you will always make excuses for the actions/inaction of Jonathan.

Beaf wrote;

Jonathan has given Ogun state a 48 hour ultimatum to resolve their crisis and report back to him and he is meeting their leaders. So what do you want, that he drops bombs and sends in fighter jets to settle the argument in the state?

Conflict resolution is not a one day affair. Abeg, think of something that makes you look like you are at least putting some thought behind your words; dis one don fail!

We all see that you and Jonathan don't understand the meaning of the word ultimatum since at least 140 hours has elapsed with no "resolution" or action against Mr.President's campaign manager for the SW region (Gbenga Daniel) and his 'gang' . Everyone can see what Jonathan should do and yet fails to do because he is a desperate, weak  and compromised President.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/11201-ogun-crisis-acn-advises-jonathan-on-intervention-attempt

Ogun crisis: ACN advises Jonathan on intervention attempt

Written by Adewale Ajayi, Lagos
Friday, 17 September 2010

The Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) has urged President Goodluck Jonathan to be guided by the constitution  of Nigeria, rather than partisan politics, in his bid to help to resolve the crisis that has engulfed Ogun State.

The party said  what happened at the Ogun State House of Assembly was a clear case of brazen lawlessness and parliamentary irresponsibility, and must not be allowed to stand under any circumstance.

ACN, in a statement issued in Abuja, on Thursday, by its national publicity secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed,  warned against allowing Nigeria to slide back into the lawlessness of the Obasanjo era, when impeachments were carried out in total disregard of constitutional stipulations and at odd hours.

“We have read in the papers that President Jonathan's intervention ended in a stalemate. This cannot and should not be so. The only intervention we expect from the president is to uphold the constitution he swore to protect, by ordering the security agencies to ensure that the G-15 can meet when they want, to carry out their constitutional duties and to deal decisively with anyone or group that tries to stop them.

“Those nine members trampled on the constitution when they broke into the Assembly chambers, met outside the regular hours and without the symbol of authority of the House (mace) or the requisite majority to impeach the speaker and suspend the majority of the members
Re: Help! Oyo State Is Turning Upside Down: by monkeyleg: 3:18pm On Sep 17, 2010
Shey these governors all belong to PDP, Like GJ. Well done . What do you call A Party full of touts, Motor park boys, Agberos, Juju Servers, and men that Bleach? No prizes for guessing the right answer.
Re: Help! Oyo State Is Turning Upside Down: by Gbawe: 3:22pm On Sep 17, 2010
monkeyleg:

Shey these governors all belong to PDP, Like GJ. Well done . What do you call A Party full of touts, Motor park boys, Agberos, Juju Servers, and men that Bleach? No prizes for guessing the right answer.

Indeed and Gbenga Daniel actually emerged the coordinator of GEJ campaign in the SW region right in the middle of the lawless impeachment of the Speaker of Ogun State  shocked shocked What more proof does anyone need to understand that Jonathan is a "more of the same" Politician who will tolerate the worst type of criminality and lawlessness from those he desperately needs for his ambition?
Re: Help! Oyo State Is Turning Upside Down: by mbulela: 3:45pm On Sep 17, 2010
beaf,can't you just make your points without all these childish insults?
stop trying to defend the indefensible.
the truth is that these governors are taking advantage of the situation on the lack of strong leadership at the centre.
All GEJ is concerned about at present is getting support by all means.
it does not matter whether half of Abia and Imo state are kidnapped or if a theatre of killings is unleashed in Ogun and Oyo states, as long as the governors deliver the needed votes, all is well.
Re: Help! Oyo State Is Turning Upside Down: by Gbawe: 3:51pm On Sep 17, 2010
mbulela:

[b]beaf,can't you just make your points without all these childish insults?[/b]stop trying to defend the indefensible.
the truth is that these governors are taking advantage of the situation on the lack of strong leadership at the centre.
it does not matter whether half of Abia and Imo state are kidnapped or if a theatre of killings is unleashed in Ogun and Oyo states, as long as the governors deliver the needed votes, all is well.

I honestly don't think he can help himself . He probably suffers from Tourette's syndrome. Below are some symptoms of Tourette's sydrome:

http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html/tourettes_syndrome.html

swearing or saying obscene words (coprolalia)
repeating words/phrases
saying things out of context

Reminds you of anyone ? (Hint. Repeating words/phrases . "IBB people = foolish people grin grin grin)
Re: Help! Oyo State Is Turning Upside Down: by yemmight(m): 3:53pm On Sep 17, 2010
State of emergencies in both Ogun and Oyo is urgently required but I trust these PDP people they rather allow pple die than declaring state of emergency.
Re: Help! Oyo State Is Turning Upside Down: by Beaf: 3:56pm On Sep 17, 2010
mbulela:

If someone makes a ridiculous claim that a governor is "untouchable" by the President, I'll call it just what it is and in no uncertain terms. Why don't you have the President choose a governor for you too, instead of voting? If your governor is failing, the mechanism to eject him lies in your state. It is brain lazy Nigerians that look elsewhere for solutions to local problems. Soon you guy's will begin referring women that can't concieve to the President. . . Utterly laughable lot!
Re: Help! Oyo State Is Turning Upside Down: by mbulela: 4:00pm On Sep 17, 2010
yemmight:

State of emergencies in both Ogun and Oyo is urgently required but I trust these PDP people they rather allow pple die than declaring state of emergency.

it is a family affair.they will settle it internally, as usual.
Re: Help! Oyo State Is Turning Upside Down: by yemmight(m): 4:09pm On Sep 17, 2010
Beaf:

If someone makes a ridiculous claim that a governor is "untouchable" by the President, I'll call it just what it is and in no uncertain terms. Why don't you have the President choose a governor for you too, instead of voting? If your governor is failing, the mechanism to eject him lies in your state. It is brain lazy Nigerians that look elsewhere for solutions to local problems. Soon you guy's will begin referring women that can't concieve to the President. . . Utterly laughable lot!

Beaf, do you leave in Naija? I guess no.  What do you want the people of Oyo do when the Gov has bought over all the legislators.  Definitely they wont see anythin bad in him.  However, in Ogun State where legislators stood their grounds the contesting president then picked Akindani to lead his campaign team for the whole south.  If you walk on the streets of Abeokuta, Ijebu-ode and environs, nobody says anything positive about this guy.  As a President, one expects that since you have called both parties to round table for 3 consecutive days, that has become a failed state.
Re: Help! Oyo State Is Turning Upside Down: by MaziUche0(m): 4:13pm On Sep 17, 2010
Maybe they should declare emergency in the southwest like they did in the southeast.

Political thuggery in the southwest is at a all time high.

Plus, the do or die politics of the region has been known to impact the other regions. Just look what happen in the 1960s.
Re: Help! Oyo State Is Turning Upside Down: by Beaf: 4:23pm On Sep 17, 2010
yemmight:

Beaf, do you leave in Naija? I guess no.  What do you want the people of Oyo do when the Gov has bought over all the legislators.  Definitely they wont see anythin bad in him.  However, in Ogun State where legislators stood their grounds the contesting president then picked Akindani to lead his campaign team for the whole south.  If you walk on the streets of Abeokuta, Ijebu-ode and environs, nobody says anything positive about this guy.  As a President, one expects that since you have called both parties to round table for 3 consecutive days, that has become a failed state.

What we have is the failure of our political system. I have always cried out that true federalism is the only way to give every Nigerian true representation at all levels.
Today, we have the sad scenario of people being held hostage by their governors in several states (and it cuts across political parties), but the people are powerless to remove them or even sanction them.

The thing we all need to do as a first step, is ensure that each and every one of our votes count in 2011, that way we can get a better set of people into power.
Re: Help! Oyo State Is Turning Upside Down: by 9ijaMan: 5:04pm On Sep 17, 2010
mbulela:

Gbawe:

I honestly don't think he can help himself . He probably suffers from Tourette's syndrome. Below are some symptoms of Tourette's sydrome:

http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html/tourettes_syndrome.html

I thought I was the only one he's been tailgating all around NL with uncouth and crude language. He seems to be obsessed with the use of foul language against anyone who points out deficiencies in GEJ's policies.

BTW GEJ will not declare state of emergency in either of the states (Ogun & Oyo) 'cos he needs them politically for the PDP (People Deceive People) primaries.
Re: Help! Oyo State Is Turning Upside Down: by safariman(m): 7:27pm On Sep 17, 2010
GEJ is too busy with the re-selection and too weak to be effective
Re: Help! Oyo State Is Turning Upside Down: by monkeyleg: 7:55pm On Sep 17, 2010
But yet, Beaf and his ND boys think clueless GJ is the best thing since bonga fish. A rottern fish inside okro soup will remain rotten insde egusi soup. GJ is a full member of that agbero and jaguda club (PDP)
Re: Help! Oyo State Is Turning Upside Down: by AloyEmeka5: 8:08pm On Sep 17, 2010
No shaking. It is the normal election preparation in Nigeria. Oyo state is warming up for the great massacre that will soon ensue in every state in Nigeria. Democracy is defined in Nigeria as the government of the people by the guns for the people.
Re: Help! Oyo State Is Turning Upside Down: by Metalgong1(m): 8:20pm On Sep 17, 2010
The Wild - Wild West is living up to its name!!!
Re: Help! Oyo State Is Turning Upside Down: by Beaf: 9:23pm On Sep 17, 2010
9ijaMan:

I thought I was the only one he's been tailgating all around NL with uncouth and crude language. He seems to be obsessed with the use of foul language against anyone who points out deficiencies in GEJ's policies.

BTW GEJ will not declare state of emergency in either of the states (Ogun & Oyo) 'cos he needs them politically for the PDP (People Deceive People) primaries.

This is so funny! It is obvious you know me, but dude, do I even know you? I don't.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
"GEJ gave Oyo and Ogun bad governors, yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada!"
Rubbish!
Re: Help! Oyo State Is Turning Upside Down: by Kobojunkie: 9:43pm On Sep 17, 2010
mbulela:

ROFLMAO!!! Even I had to laugh at that question and request . . . ROFLMAO!!
Re: Help! Oyo State Is Turning Upside Down: by toba1909(m): 10:12pm On Sep 17, 2010
Nothing good can come to Oyo and Ogun state from that nerd called Goodluck but BADLUCK.
He decided to turn deaf and gave a false warning to the G-9 in Ogun state while he decided to become blind and dumb to the recent clash between the NURTW factions in Oyo state after the sacked police officer proscribed the union after his stooge was removed by NIC.
Re: Help! Oyo State Is Turning Upside Down: by olafolarin(m): 11:42pm On Sep 17, 2010
The President is the Chief Law Enforcement Officer of the Country and As such should mitigate in such
serious political turmoil Happening in Ogun and Oyo States.Both States remain ungovernable due to
the different political Gladiators in the State.
State of Emergency is the right thing to do.
GEJ should be more decisive.
Re: Help! Oyo State Is Turning Upside Down: by Nobody: 12:14am On Sep 18, 2010
olafolarin:

The President is the Chief Law Enforcement Officer of the Country and As such should mitigate in such
serious political turmoil Happening in Ogun and Oyo States.Both States remain ungovernable due to
the different political Gladiators in the State.
State of Emergency is the right thing to do.
GEJ should be more decisive.

he has decided to let his only hopes for the sw continue as long as they deliver the sates to him

garrison commander /do or die episode 2

(1) (Reply)

Shipping Companies Suspend Carriage Of Used Electronics To Nigeria / Cnn : Nneka Is From Anambra State And Not Delta State / Results From Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.