Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,736 members, 7,955,797 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:21 PM

Monte Carlo Shocker: Rafael Nadal Beaten By Fabio Fognini - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Monte Carlo Shocker: Rafael Nadal Beaten By Fabio Fognini (261 Views)

Rafael Nadal's 80-foot Luxury Superyacht In Pictures / Roger Federer Tops Rafael Nadal In Wimbledon Semifinals / The N261 Million Watch Rafael Nadal Wore To Win French Open (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Monte Carlo Shocker: Rafael Nadal Beaten By Fabio Fognini by kikio1992(m): 7:45pm On Apr 20, 2019
Fabio Fognini ended Rafael Nadal’s long winning streak at the Monte Carlo Masters, stunning the defending champion to reach the final for the first time.

The 13th-seeded Italian, Fabio Fognini, had beaten Nadal twice before on clay, and also once at the U.S. Open in five sets, but this was arguably the most impressive.

Rafael Nadal after the game admitted his 6-4, 6-2 loss was his “worst clay court match in 14 years”. The shock result leaves Italian 13th seed Fognini facing unseeded Serb Dusan Lajovic in Sunday’s unscripted final. Nadal said;

“I played one of my worst matches on clay in 14 years, it’s difficult to find any positives – I deserved to lose.”

“The vision is clear,” added 32-year-old Nadal who was playing his first tournament in a month after opting to rest his troublesome knees.

“I played a very bad match against a good player. In that situation, you have to lose.

“I had a bad feeling, it was a tough day. I’m coming from low moments in terms of injuries, and in terms of the mental side it has not been easy to accept all the things that have been going on during recent weeks.

“Everything was wrong. I always expect the best. But you have to be ready to accept the negative things and today was a negative day.”

Source: https://lailasnews.com/rafael-nadal-beaten-by-fabio-fognini/

semid4lyfe, honeric01, lalasticlala, mynd44

(1) (Reply)

Bettingpreview: Liverpool Versus Barcelona: BET TIPS / Ekiti Football Stakeholders Drag State Excos To Court Over Alleged Impersonation / Ruben Loftus-cheek Could Miss Europa League Final After Injuring Ankle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.