Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,809 members, 7,813,666 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Ministerial Appointments: Buhari Takes Candidates’ List Abroad For Vetting - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial Appointments: Buhari Takes Candidates’ List Abroad For Vetting (36720 Views)

Appointments: Buhari Silent Over Monguno, Service Chiefs, Others / Nigerian Women Threatening Me Over Appointments – Buhari / 'I Will Continue To Be Fair, Equitable In Federal Appointments' - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministerial Appointments: Buhari Takes Candidates’ List Abroad For Vetting by pannyman(m): 9:27am On Apr 21, 2019
WhoBeThisMan:
He cant go on a working vacation in obudu cattle ranch, or yankari game reserve... or any where in the country but he has to go abroad for working vacation because he cant develop his own.

Shameless man

You took the words right out of my mouth. This is so embarrassing. They have failed to develop their country and so they can't find any place to take a relaxing vacation. I'm just fed up. Are our leaders this shameless?

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Appointments: Buhari Takes Candidates’ List Abroad For Vetting by Angelawhite(m): 9:31am On Apr 21, 2019
Dannyset:

It was also gathered that so far, only three ministers; Rotimi Amaechi, Chris Ngige, and Babtunde Raji Fashola are the most likely to reemerge in the new cabinet post May 29 after the president is sworn in for a second term.

3 Northerners!

Your argument lacks substance. Even if the trio do not emerge, their slots will still go back to their zone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Appointments: Buhari Takes Candidates’ List Abroad For Vetting by espeeroke: 9:34am On Apr 21, 2019
Is it not Buhari? Let him take it to the Pluto, last last na disappointment go be the end result. Same old cargoes, same corrupt crooks,

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Appointments: Buhari Takes Candidates’ List Abroad For Vetting by Maydfourth: 9:38am On Apr 21, 2019
Please Buhari should not give Ajimobi or Bayo Adelabu any ministerial post oooo..Please they are not worth it..Please consider other people in Oyo State ...We need young and vibrant technocrat to represent us this time around...Please Mr Presisdent heed to our call sir.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Appointments: Buhari Takes Candidates’ List Abroad For Vetting by Odinakang: 9:39am On Apr 21, 2019
Dannyset:

It was also gathered that so far, only three ministers; Rotimi Amaechi, Chris Ngige, and Babtunde Raji Fashola are the most likely to reemerge in the new cabinet post May 29 after the president is sworn in for a second term.

3 Northerners!

Why did you cut off Chris Ngige
Re: Ministerial Appointments: Buhari Takes Candidates’ List Abroad For Vetting by amakenny: 9:40am On Apr 21, 2019
dre11:

https://www.independent.ng/ministerial-appointments-buhari-takes-candidates-list-abroad-for-vetting/amp/

Buhari the near 80 years old can't vet anything. He is merely going abroad for another organ change.

Oyibo is ready to do anything to keep Buhari alive to keep guard on Oyibo's plantation - Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Appointments: Buhari Takes Candidates’ List Abroad For Vetting by 9jaRealist: 9:54am On Apr 21, 2019
IvarTheTerrible:

When Obama was President, was he the most educated?

When Adolf Hitler shook the entire world, was he a professor?

Are academic degrees directly responsible for success as a Leader?

Margaret Thatcher read Mathematics, she excelled in Politics, Angela Merkel read Chemistry/ Physics, she is the German Chancellor.

Amina Mohammed is the Deputy Secretary General of the United Nations today....find me her University degree.

Martin Schulz, the former head of European Parliament (2012 - 2017) has a high school certificate. Even that, he failed and failed.

Conclusion : Go and DEMAND for ALL your school fees. You got scammed.

People like you who lack basic critical thinking skills are the reasons why Africa WILL ALWAYS BE BEHIND

Absolutely SHOCKING mindset/reasoning, but not entirely unexpected of those supporting Buhari...
And sure why any rational (or frankly sane) person would list the genocidal horror Adolf Hitler as an example worthy of emulation. SMDH

Meanwhile, Barrack Obama has two Ivy League degrees from Columbia University and Harvard Law School (where he was president of Law Review), and was a lecturer in Constitutional Law at the highly-respected University of Chicago (you know, the same university that Tinubu LIED that he attended instead of Chicago State - levels!). Academic degrees are not necessarily the only requirement (or even a requirement) for good leadership but a sound EDUCATION is (and if you cannot figure out the distinction, then please do us all a favor and quit here). Unfortunately, many of Nigeria’s leaders (including sadly Mr. Buhari) has shown little or no evidence of a sound EDUCATION.

BTW, a primary and INVALUABLE benefit of a university education (and degree, but even if it does not end in a degree) is that universities are principally incubators of INQUIRY and INTELLECTUAL disruption, regardless of degree or course of study. It drills the student to ask questions, challenge settled worldviews, disrupt the status quo and to RE-IMAGINE the world (including otherwise settled beliefs) and our place in it, as well as the inestimable and invaluable benefit (some would say ‘education’) of interacting with people from so many different places with different backgrounds and different careers or career-paths. It’s little wonder that most successful world leaders first became ‘political’ at uni.

3 Likes

Re: Ministerial Appointments: Buhari Takes Candidates’ List Abroad For Vetting by jaxxy(m): 9:57am On Apr 21, 2019
This is pretty simple choosing a minister shud be by performance standards and not by man know man or party people basis cos there are high expectations from these positions.

Party people can fight for the non performing and routine positions like ambassador, aides etc..
Re: Ministerial Appointments: Buhari Takes Candidates’ List Abroad For Vetting by Nobody: 9:58am On Apr 21, 2019
I don't believe this until I see the name of Lai Mohammed as those to reemerged
Re: Ministerial Appointments: Buhari Takes Candidates’ List Abroad For Vetting by IvarTheTerrible: 10:00am On Apr 21, 2019
9jaRealist:

Absolutely SHOCKING mindset/reasoning, but not entirely unexpected of those supporting Buhari...
And sure why any rational (or frankly sane) person would list the genocidal horror Adolf Hitler as an example worthy of emulation. SMDH

Meanwhile, Barrack Obama has two Ivy League degrees from Columbia University and Harvard Law School (where he was president of Law Review), and was a lecturer in Constitutional Law at the highly-respected University of Chicago (you know, the same university that Tinubu LIED that he attended instead of Chicago State - levels!). Academic degrees are not necessarily the only requirement (or even a requirement) for good leadership but a sound EDUCATION is (and if you cannot figure out the distinction, then please do us all a favor and quit here). Unfortunately, many of Nigeria’s leaders (including sadly Mr. Buhari) has shown little or no evidence of a sound EDUCATION.

BTW, a primary and INVALUABLE benefit of a university education (and degree, but even if it does not end in a degree) is that universities are principally incubators of INQUIRY and INTELLECTUAL disruption, regardless of degree or course of study. It drills the student to ask questions, challenge settled worldviews, disrupt the status quo and to RE-IMAGINE the world (including otherwise settled beliefs) and our place in it, as well as the inestimable and invaluable benefit (some would say ‘education’) of interacting with people from so many different places with different backgrounds and different careers or career-paths. It’s little wonder that most successful world leaders first became ‘political’ at uni.

A lot of "grammar-blowing"....VERY LITTLE SUBSTANCE.

I will be brief. I asked if Obama was the BEST EDUCATED......Point 1.

Call Hitler evil, call him anything but his impact on the entire world was felt..... Point 2 ( anyone who thinks otherwise isn't bright)

I notice how you conveniently ignored Amina Mohammed and Schulz grin grin grin
Re: Ministerial Appointments: Buhari Takes Candidates’ List Abroad For Vetting by AnyoneButAtiku: 10:05am On Apr 21, 2019
IvarTheTerrible:

When Obama was President, was he the most educated?

When Adolf Hitler shook the entire world, was he a professor?

Are academic degrees directly responsible for success as a Leader?

Margaret Thatcher read Mathematics, she excelled in Politics, Angela Merkel read Chemistry/ Physics, she is the German Chancellor.

Amina Mohammed is the Deputy Secretary General of the United Nations today....find me her University degree.

Martin Schulz, the former head of European Parliament (2012 - 2017) has a high school certificate. Even that, he failed and failed.

Conclusion : Go and DEMAND for ALL your school fees. You got scammed.

People like you who lack basic critical thinking skills are the reasons why Africa WILL ALWAYS BE BEHIND

You dey mind that scallywag?

P.S The "Iron Lady" studied Chemistry before training as a barrister at the Inns of Court School of Law.
Also, Amina Mohammed is an adjunct professor at Columbia University (an Ivy league university)
Re: Ministerial Appointments: Buhari Takes Candidates’ List Abroad For Vetting by IvarTheTerrible: 10:14am On Apr 21, 2019
AnyoneButAtiku:

You dey mind that scallywag?

P.S The "Iron Lady" studied Chemistry before training as a barrister at the Inns of Court School of Law.
Also, Amina Mohammed is an adjunct professor at Columbia University (an Ivy league university)

Thanks for the corrections. I knew i would miss that Thatcher one but i didn't bother to cross-check.

I stand on Amina Mohammed's own. You can be appointed an Adjunct Professor with a lot of LIFE experiences in the field without having an academic degree in said field.

E.g. A veteran of Biafra, Liberia Civil and Boko Haram Wars can be made an Adjunct Professor in West African Warfare without ever being in the classroom.

That's the rough explanation but i can only ask you to try to Google her University Education. I tried myself and came up with nothing
Re: Ministerial Appointments: Buhari Takes Candidates’ List Abroad For Vetting by 9jaRealist: 10:16am On Apr 21, 2019
IvarTheTerrible:

Call Hitler evil, call him anything but his impact on the entire world was felt..... Point 2 ( anyone who thinks otherwise isn't bright)

Amina Mohammad attended Henley Management College and thus would be considered well-educated...

Schulz was practically a party apparatchik who joined the SDP as a teenager and worked his way through the ranks. He is effectively the political equivalent of a civil servant (which perhaps explain why he would thrive at the institutional European Parliament, but displayed so little vision and/or political nous when he ran and failed for the German chancellorship). Nonetheless, I am very circumspect and accordingly there is a reason that I specifically emphasized the DISTINCTION between academic degrees and a sound education (with Shultz presumably receiving the latter as he dutifully climbed up the ladder of the SDP one rung at a time).

Finally, there’s NOTHING like “best” educated. School may be linear, but EDUCATION is not, and accordingly people may be stronger (or better educated) in certain aspects of life or field or profession while others would be in others. “Best educated” is a meaningless colloquialism.

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Appointments: Buhari Takes Candidates’ List Abroad For Vetting by blackslayer: 10:21am On Apr 21, 2019
WhoBeThisMan:
He cant go on a working vacation in obudu cattle ranch, or yankari game reserve... or any where in the country but he has to go abroad for working vacation because he cant develop his own.

Shameless man

sums up the whole of black africa!
Re: Ministerial Appointments: Buhari Takes Candidates’ List Abroad For Vetting by 9jaRealist: 10:25am On Apr 21, 2019
IvarTheTerrible:

Lest I forget, Hitler is PRIME example of the result of a lack of (or poor) education...
A narrow and primordial worldview, ultimately leading to genocidal barbarism (sadly we’re seeing shades of same in present-day Nigeria). angry
Re: Ministerial Appointments: Buhari Takes Candidates’ List Abroad For Vetting by Eeyaniyi(m): 10:29am On Apr 21, 2019
”They hailed Fayose until he became politically irrelevant and got entangled in corruption trials for his escapades as Ekiti State governor. They hailed GEJ until he lost power. They hailed Shehu Sani, Afropops Senator until he lost the APC Senatorial ticket for Kaduna Central and lost the Senatorial election as the PRP Senatorial candidate. They hailed Kwankwaso into political oblivion. They hailed Nnamdi Kanu until he ended up in prison and later became a fugitive from justice. They hailed Dino Melaye until he became a tree climber. They hailed Saraki until he lost his Senate seat and the presidency of the Senate. They hailed Walter Onnoghen into CCT conviction and sack from the Supreme Court. They hailed Ben Ten until his own party booted him out of the Senate by not letting him get his party's ticket and he became an emergency philosopher and sponsor of comedic bills like the one that allows all Africans to get Nigerian citizenship. Now the same people are hailing Atiku. They will hail him into bankruptcy, prison and political extinction.”

— Dr Bunmi Awoyemi Divinewealth
Re: Ministerial Appointments: Buhari Takes Candidates’ List Abroad For Vetting by ursamajor: 10:34am On Apr 21, 2019
omenkaLives:
Those who applauded the useless Dubai trip by the Cameroonian thief would condemn this. Look out fellas. cheesy
You don't have sense. Did the Cameroonian whatever travel to Dubai with tax payers money?

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Appointments: Buhari Takes Candidates’ List Abroad For Vetting by Shikini: 10:40am On Apr 21, 2019
phantom:

Took Nigeria into which recession or rather pulled Nigeria out of the mess the otuoke dullard and his fellow crooks threw us into? You people just keep talking any crap thatcomes to mind and makes me believe 80% of Nigerians including the elite are incapable of critical thinking.
Very superficial folks!!

Some of you are so daft and the tag of ZOMBIES fit you so well.

For six months, Nigeria was on autopilot - no Chief of Staff, no SGF, no boards, no ministers .... nothing!
Only the president swinging his starched agbada and opening his gap-tooth everywhere.

Where in the civilised worlds does a country run that way?
Or, do you think leaders of civilised countries who make critical appointments even before swearing-in are fools?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ministerial Appointments: Buhari Takes Candidates’ List Abroad For Vetting by Ikpongiton: 10:46am On Apr 21, 2019
ajala the traveller.he can never disappoint

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Appointments: Buhari Takes Candidates’ List Abroad For Vetting by Alwaystruth: 10:54am On Apr 21, 2019
I do not want to insult any body today because today is a special day.However, if you have any iota of sense
in your head or brain , you will simply ask yourself, how many times had any foreign presidents come for holidays in Nigeria.
where ever he is headed for holidays was a typical bush,forest or swamp in the beginning before it was developed by someone.
Re: Ministerial Appointments: Buhari Takes Candidates’ List Abroad For Vetting by bigdot1759(m): 10:55am On Apr 21, 2019
Xisnin:
Lies to excuse his upcoming globetrotting.
We all know that Buhari can't read, how will he vet the list?
so how come he see the 30k for workers?
Why not 50k
Ur mumu no get duplicate
Re: Ministerial Appointments: Buhari Takes Candidates’ List Abroad For Vetting by Xisnin(m): 11:22am On Apr 21, 2019
bigdot1759:
so how come he see the 30k for workers?
Why not 50k
Ur mumu no get duplicate
The cabals in Aso rock can read for him.
Re: Ministerial Appointments: Buhari Takes Candidates’ List Abroad For Vetting by olajizz01(m): 11:28am On Apr 21, 2019
candlewax:
Not my president
Hahahahahaha..................................,

You can take a leave to the nearest country.
Re: Ministerial Appointments: Buhari Takes Candidates’ List Abroad For Vetting by Nobody: 11:38am On Apr 21, 2019
LZAA:
Cc immhotep Adaibeku ChibuzorAbia Omenkalives sarrki deomelo
The Emir of Saudi Arabia will give his final blessing to the list grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Appointments: Buhari Takes Candidates’ List Abroad For Vetting by IMASTEX: 12:02pm On Apr 21, 2019
If he likes. Let him run the country without ministers. It makes no different. Expecting a magic from him now is like expecting Jesus to be born again by Mary.
Re: Ministerial Appointments: Buhari Takes Candidates’ List Abroad For Vetting by mabea: 12:05pm On Apr 21, 2019
omenkaLives:
Those who applauded the useless Dubai trip by the Cameroonian thief would condemn this. Look out fellas. cheesy
If only you have sense you will know that the 'cameroonian' was not your president nor a public officer. He self sponsored his trip but the same cannot be said of the 'sudanese'

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Appointments: Buhari Takes Candidates’ List Abroad For Vetting by wingmanII: 12:13pm On Apr 21, 2019
I pity anybody expecting anything good from this extremely incompetent man.
Re: Ministerial Appointments: Buhari Takes Candidates’ List Abroad For Vetting by aolawale025: 12:14pm On Apr 21, 2019
He's going for medicals
Re: Ministerial Appointments: Buhari Takes Candidates’ List Abroad For Vetting by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 21, 2019
Sai baba grin
Re: Ministerial Appointments: Buhari Takes Candidates’ List Abroad For Vetting by omenkaLives(m): 12:15pm On Apr 21, 2019
mabea:
If only you have sense you will know that the 'cameroonian' was not your president nor a public officer. He self sponsored his trip but the same cannot be said of the 'sudanese'
Okoro, are you a cheerleader of the Cameroonian thief? Why bother about the comment? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Appointments: Buhari Takes Candidates’ List Abroad For Vetting by Xander85: 12:25pm On Apr 21, 2019
WhoBeThisMan:

Shameless man

Was going to ask the exact same question!

Isn’t he supposed to be patronising and promoting indigenous holiday destinations and resorts...seeing as he claims to be president!?
Re: Ministerial Appointments: Buhari Takes Candidates’ List Abroad For Vetting by ebube89(f): 12:25pm On Apr 21, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Is Gathering Video Evidence To Nail Sunday Igboho At Trial In Benin Republic / Newly Governor Approved Construction of Airport As First Project - Nigerians Rea / Photos Of Osinbajo With Peter Obi, Atiku, Okowa At Diri's Father's Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.