Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

The Difference Between "Born Again" And "Saved", And The Kingdom Connection - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Difference Between "Born Again" And "Saved", And The Kingdom Connection (3025 Views)

You Must Be Born-again To Be Saved and be used. / Born Again Lady Removes Her Tattoo With Hot Iron (Photos) / Once Saved Always Saved And Suicide - Jack Kelley (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Difference Between "Born Again" And "Saved", And The Kingdom Connection by Nobody: 7:06am On May 11, 2019
What distinguishes a righteous christian from a a true Jesus disciple.
Re: The Difference Between "Born Again" And "Saved", And The Kingdom Connection by Nobody: 12:52pm On May 12, 2019
Hence is true disciple is better than a righteous christian.
Re: The Difference Between "Born Again" And "Saved", And The Kingdom Connection by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 13, 2019
A righteous Christian is saved, while a Jesus disciple is born again.
Re: The Difference Between "Born Again" And "Saved", And The Kingdom Connection by Nobody: 7:20am On May 15, 2019
The difference.
Re: The Difference Between "Born Again" And "Saved", And The Kingdom Connection by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 16, 2019
Once a Jesus disciple, always a Jesus disciple.
Re: The Difference Between "Born Again" And "Saved", And The Kingdom Connection by sonmvayina(m): 4:42pm On May 16, 2019
Re: The Difference Between "Born Again" And "Saved", And The Kingdom Connection by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 16, 2019
sonmvayina:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMCOoSYB3Q4&list=PL1apjL9MVrGHvLAPOyOvWMBLyH9EcIcqB&index=1

watch....and learn a thing or 2
In otherwords watch and learn a lie or 2.

#agentofdarkness
Re: The Difference Between "Born Again" And "Saved", And The Kingdom Connection by Nobody: 4:53pm On May 18, 2019
Which are you?
Re: The Difference Between "Born Again" And "Saved", And The Kingdom Connection by Nobody: 7:56am On May 20, 2019
"As the wind..."
Re: The Difference Between "Born Again" And "Saved", And The Kingdom Connection by Nobody: 8:18am On May 21, 2019
Be ye converted and become as a little child.
Re: The Difference Between "Born Again" And "Saved", And The Kingdom Connection by Nobody: 10:28am On May 22, 2019
Be ye perfect.
Re: The Difference Between "Born Again" And "Saved", And The Kingdom Connection by Nobody: 10:34am On May 23, 2019
Know the difference!
Re: The Difference Between "Born Again" And "Saved", And The Kingdom Connection by shadeyinka(m): 3:10pm On May 23, 2019
jesusjnr:
And importantly it's not what happens when someone is baptised of the Spirit as some misinterpret it to be, as that happens as a confirmation that someone is truly born of the Spirit.

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again."

The End.
I must comment that it is a long but interesting read. I have a few questions though and I wish you can help me answer them.

1. Is being born again an experience that happens progressively or spontaneously?
2. How many times can one be born again and is it the same thing as perfection (sinlessness)?
3. Didn't Jesus explain how to be born again in John3 and what was his explanation?
4. How can one know that he is born again and how can one know that he is saved and how can one know that he is both saved and born again?

Sorry for my long Questions!
Re: The Difference Between "Born Again" And "Saved", And The Kingdom Connection by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 24, 2019
Be converted and become as a little child.
Re: The Difference Between "Born Again" And "Saved", And The Kingdom Connection by shadeyinka(m): 8:00am On May 25, 2019
jesusjnr:
Be converted and become as a little child.
I'm so sorry, but you haven't replied me?
Re: The Difference Between "Born Again" And "Saved", And The Kingdom Connection by Nobody: 8:21am On May 25, 2019
shadeyinka:

I'm so sorry, but you haven't replied me?
Sorry bro it was not for evil, but because when I saw all your questions, i didn't see the need to answer it, since the answer to all of them have already been provided in this comprehensive thread post.

For that was the reason I went through all that stress for weeks to make sure I covered just everything possibly coverable.

So if you said you had gone through it all, and still ask those questions, it mean i have to repeat myself, and i don't see any point in doing that.

So I'd suggest you state any thing you disagree with, for I already know your position concerning the subject of the possibility of one losing his salvation, so I don't expect you to agree concerning my position here regardless of what I say.

Sorry though that I didn't respond to your questions, but I hope your now understand why.

Thanks and God bless.
Re: The Difference Between "Born Again" And "Saved", And The Kingdom Connection by shadeyinka(m): 8:50am On May 25, 2019
jesusjnr:
Sorry bro it was not for evil, but because when I saw all your questions, i didn't see the need to answer it, since the answer to all of them have already been provided in this comprehensive thread post.

For that was the reason I went through all that stress for weeks to make sure I covered just everything possibly coverable.

So if you said you had gone through it all, and still ask those questions, it mean i have to repeat myself, and i don't see any point in doing that.

So I'd suggest you state any thing you disagree with, for I already know your position concerning the subject of the possibility of one losing his salvation, so I don't expect you to agree concerning my position here regardless of what I say.

I believe Gods foreknowledge include knowing who will backslide and leave the faith with those who will hold on till the end. To those whom God has FOREKNOWN, He PREDESTINED to conform to the image of His Son.

Rom 8:29-30:
"For whom he did foreknow , he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers."
30: "Moreover whom he did predestinate , them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified."

Eph 1:5: "Having predestinated us to the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,"

Eph 1:11: "In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who works all things after the counsel of his own will:"

I don't know what else Predestination could mean. What I have defended is that God's foreknowledge is perfect and God reserves the right to Predestine anyone. The fact that a person went out on an alter call does not make a person born again.

1Jn 2:19:
"They went out from us , but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us."
The Scripture above answers what happens to those who frolic in sin while claiming SAVED!
No matter how Pius they look, they have been rightly foreknown by God not to be part of the fold of God.
Hence not Predestinated for Salvation!

jesusjnr:

Sorry though that I didn't respond to your questions, but I hope your now understand why.

Thanks and God bless.
So you gave me a heretic treatment!!!?? LOL!
I believe in
Heb 12:14:
"Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:"

Yes, you did a long post and trust me, I read them all. However, the question I asked didn't have an answer that's why I asked again.

The questions are not about objections or not but about clarity. From that, we can compare it with the Scriptures.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between "Born Again" And "Saved", And The Kingdom Connection by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 27, 2019
Which of the two are you?
Re: The Difference Between "Born Again" And "Saved", And The Kingdom Connection by shadeyinka(m): 10:28pm On May 27, 2019
jesusjnr:
Which of the two are you?
I am both Saved AND Born Again!
BUT
How you distinguished it is what made me ask my question.
Like,
1. Is it possible to be saved but not born again?
2. Is it possible to be born again but lost?
Re: The Difference Between "Born Again" And "Saved", And The Kingdom Connection by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 28, 2019
There's a huge difference.
Re: The Difference Between "Born Again" And "Saved", And The Kingdom Connection by shadeyinka(m): 7:51pm On May 28, 2019
jesusjnr:
There's a huge difference.
This brings me back to my initial questions!

shadeyinka:

I must comment that it is a long but interesting read. I have a few questions though and I wish you can help me answer them.

1. Is being born again an experience that happens progressively or spontaneously?
2. How many times can one be born again and is it the same thing as perfection (sinlessness)?
3. Didn't Jesus explain how to be born again in John3 and what was his explanation?
4. How can one know that he is born again and how can one know that he is saved and how can one know that he is both saved and born again?

Sorry for my long Questions!

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between "Born Again" And "Saved", And The Kingdom Connection by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 29, 2019
The difference is clear!
Re: The Difference Between "Born Again" And "Saved", And The Kingdom Connection by madegreatbygrace(m): 9:01pm On May 29, 2019
From your post, you seem to suggest that man is saved by works. I also noticed you didn't use any scripture from the epistles to back up your claim. That's interesting.
Re: The Difference Between "Born Again" And "Saved", And The Kingdom Connection by Nobody: 12:10pm On May 30, 2019
madegreatbygrace:
From your post, you seem to suggest that man is saved by works. I also noticed you didn't use any scripture from the epistles to back up your claim. That's interesting.
Have you ever heard the saying, "Man shall not live by bread alone"?

If so, then you should substitute the "bread" with "grace", and you'd get my belief, for I believe that man shall neither live by grace alone nor by works alone, but by a combination of the two, which is grace(God's part) + works(man's part) which gives man eternal life.

For if man was able to live or be saved by grace alone, then hell would close to being empty, for everyone has God's grace, but it's filled and brimming with souls because man cannot live by grace alone, but by every Word that comes out the mouth of God, even obedience which is works.

Hence I see grace as a (second) chance that God gave to man to have eternal, but if not taken by the obedience of His Word(works) which man disobeyed in the beginning that made him lose it, the grace of God alone would not be able to save anyone, even though God had given man that chance.

As for the epistles, if you think that the Words of Jesus who founded the church, such as what He said to the rich young man, do not suffice to back up my claim, that I would need to add the epistles to do so, then I would say you you do greatly err.

For the most powerful church in the history of the church was before the epistles came into existence, so to able to get back that standard church it may require going back to that time, and starting afresh with just what they had at the time, which are the Words of Jesus.

So that's the concept being applied here.

Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Difference Between "Born Again" And "Saved", And The Kingdom Connection by shadeyinka(m): 11:00pm On May 30, 2019
jesusjnr:
The difference is clear!
With all sense of seriousness and responsibility to God and His Church, I think you are missing it.

1. Being born again simply means being sealed by the Spirit of God for salvation.

2Cor 1:22:
"Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts."

Eph 1:13:
"In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise,"

Eph 4:30:
"And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption."

2. Being Born again is what makes us "Sons of God"

John 1:12:
"But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:"

Rom 8:19:
"For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God."

Phil 2:15:
"That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;"

1Jn 3:1:
"Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not."

1Jn 3:2:
"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is."

3. Being Born again qualifies you for eternal life with God
Mar 16:16:
"He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."

John 3:17:
"For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."

John 10:9:
"I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture."

Acts 2:21:
"And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved."

Acts 4:12: "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Acts 15:11:
"But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they."

Acts 16:31:
"And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house."

Rom 10:9:
"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Rom 10:13:
"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

Eph 2:8:
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:"

Tit 3:5:
"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;"

4. Being Born again is a gift of God ( not of works so that no one should boast)
Eph 2:8:
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:"

However, we are saved to WORK good works: and some peoples work shall burn because of their unfaithfulness to the things of God. Whatever a man does, such He shall reap says our Master. As serious Christians, we wonder what our gain is if we sacrifice our pleasures for God, only for Him to allow those we consider as "un-serious Christians" to also make heaven. Remember the parable of the hired workers in Mt20:1-20

1Cor 3:12-15:
"Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire."

Jesus explained completely how to be born again and it's implication in John3: there is really nothing more to add

Shalom MY Brother!
Re: The Difference Between "Born Again" And "Saved", And The Kingdom Connection by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 31, 2019
Do not expect to comprehend the things of the Spirit when you're yet born of the flesh, but not of the Spirit.

John 3:7-8 (KJV)

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again."
8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit."

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Some Christians Not Believe In Luck? / Cameroonpride / Open Minded Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.