Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) (54005 Views)

The Most Powerful Military Force In Nigeria. Pictures. / GSS Kaduna Kidnap: Military In Firefight With Gang Who Kidnapped Students / The Countries With The Most Powerful Military In Africa In 2019, Nigeria Is No.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by MobilityExpress: 10:56am On Apr 22, 2019
lordm:
Egypt is surely number one

Libya would have been number one if Ghadaffi was still alive.
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by Carlyboi(m): 10:59am On Apr 22, 2019
Corruption and visionless and directionless leaders has always been the bane of this country and will eventually be it’s death I don’t know why Nigeria is so paradoxical we have everything but it always seems like we have got nothing!
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by Afobear: 11:01am On Apr 22, 2019
Blackbirdws:
angry

Scammer
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by Carlyboi(m): 11:03am On Apr 22, 2019
The Maghreb countries invest heavily in military weapons war machines and all so it’s no surprise I think they learnt this from their Middle East counterparts the Iran Saudi Arabia,turkey,Pakistan,Iraq and all well we are always asslickin the west so we don’t see any aggression most times and I guess that’s why our useless leaders won’t invest in the military or prep our country for any form of aggression or invasion!nigeria still procuring 1970 equipments in 2019!seriously!
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by HarryDuce(m): 11:05am On Apr 22, 2019
jrusky:
Pls remove South Africa from the list. Showing war plane does not mean you are a war goliath or a millitary goliath. South Africa has not experience any upheaval neither civil war nor terrorism and let's see may be they will still stand or chicken out.

I know what I'm saying I was born in millitary home, carrying gadgets around doesnt make you a guru but be able to apply it in no option situation and still float matters. South Africa are just bloody bread and butter millitary. They are just theoritical millitary brigade or boyscout.
This is your personal emotional rant. Emotions and facts should not mix. South African troops and military equipment have aided in the fight against boko haram; they were/have been efficient by the way.

Although not recently, the South African military has been involved in several African countries including Angola, Namibia and so forth. That counts as experience in my book.

1 Like

Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by Princedapace(m): 11:05am On Apr 22, 2019
wingmanII:

Losing wars you mean. The Egyptian army is useless, you need to see how IDF toyed with them until Egypt begged and signed a peace treaty.
The only army I might respect in Africa would be Ethiopia and South Africa.

My brother, it takes guts to survive what Egypt has been thru in years.. The country has too many military responsibilities.. Middle east no be beans..
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by madridsta007(m): 11:11am On Apr 22, 2019
Codedrock:

More From Source Below
SOURCE: https://tinamagazine.com/2019/02/strongest-military-in-africa-top-10-africas-strongest-military-2019.html

LOL.
Military that can not fight and win a rag-tag Boko Haram terror group for 10 years should not make the list if the most powerful 50 armies in Africa.
Nigeria. We just like to deceive ourselves. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by SmartyPants(m): 11:14am On Apr 22, 2019
wingmanII:

Losing wars you mean. The Egyptian army is useless, you need to see how IDF toyed with them until Egypt begged and signed a peace treaty.

You respect the South African military for what exactly? Which wars have they been successfully involved in? What is the basis of that respect?

A South African military that is ridiculed at home?

Ever since the fall of apartheid and the disbanding of the pro apartheid special forces, the South African army has not been the same.

The truth is that if not for corruption, Nigeria's army is right up there next to Egypt. The sheer number of conflicts our military has directly participated in makes it the most experienced, added to the strength of our alliances and economic power, we really should be second to none.

But nepotism will not allow them recruit from the most diverse pool, while corruption will not allow them equip the boys.

4 Likes

Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by vioment: 11:16am On Apr 22, 2019
SA na oyibo defending their assets there, so that has flawed the list; because the lazy youths among them (believe me dem many pasara) can't build a flying paper talkless of those machines.

As for ethopia, algeria, and egypt, i still no gree.
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by SmartyPants(m): 11:17am On Apr 22, 2019
HarryDuce:
This is your personal emotional rant. Emotions and facts should not mix. South African troops and military equipment have aided in the fight against boko haram; they were/have been efficient by the way.

Although not recently, the South African military has been involved in several African countries including Angola, Namibia and so forth. That counts as experience in my book.

Not a single South African soldier played a role in the fight against boko haram. Those were mercenaries and they have little to do with the current South African army.

Secondly the South African army drastically changed after apartheid. The whites who were well trained and highly respected largely left to become mercenaries.
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:18am On Apr 22, 2019
wingmanII:

Bro, USA came to the defence of Israel. If not for USA intervention Israel wud ve been history

And till date USA still directly intervene in isreeals military giving it a lot of advantage over others

3 Likes

Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by Nobody: 11:27am On Apr 22, 2019
jrusky:
Pls remove South Africa from the list. Showing war plane does not mean you are a war goliath or a millitary goliath. South Africa has not experience any upheaval neither civil war nor terrorism and let's see may be they will still stand or chicken out.

I know what I'm saying I was born in millitary home, carrying gadgets around doesnt make you a guru but be able to apply it in no option situation and still float matters. South Africa are just bloody bread and butter millitary. They are just theoritical millitary brigade or boyscout.
my brother weapons matter oo. U can't compare bazoka to hell fire missiles if am correct or atomic bomb.
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by Yujin(m): 11:28am On Apr 22, 2019
jrusky:

Lol. In your dreams. In a war between Nigeria and South Africa in the absence of any external help South Africa will win especially if it becomes a protracted one. The useless Nigerian army have no weapons nor can they manufacture any deadly ones. The only advantage Nigeria have is population which can easily be rendered useless with superior tactics with Nigeria clearly lacks. Bolo haram has exposed the gross ineptitude of the boy scouts called Nigerian Army. For God sake, how many countries still use towed artillery?

1 Like

Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by Yujin(m): 11:30am On Apr 22, 2019
SmartyPants:

Not a single South African soldier played a role in the fight against boko haram. Those were mercenaries and they have little to do with the current South African army.

Secondly the South African army drastically changed after apartheid. The whites who were well trained and highly respected largely left to become mercenaries.
Not exactly true. Some did leave others remained. Do you know SA manufacture fighter aircrafts? Ordinary bullets Nigeria don't even manufacture. Lol

1 Like

Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by jrusky(m): 11:31am On Apr 22, 2019
Yujin:

Lol. In your dreams. In a war between Nigeria and South Africa in the absence of any external help South Africa will win especially if it becomes a protracted one. The useless Nigerian army have no weapons nor can they manufacture any deadly ones. The only advantage Nigeria have is population which can easily be rendered useless with superior tactics with Nigeria clearly lacks. Bolo haram has exposed the gross ineptitude of the boy scouts called Nigerian Army. For God sake, how many countries still use towed artillery?

Old topic in already far away in another important thread South Africa ain't worth what I should be barking about ok. No offense I have moved on to better topic.
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 22, 2019
BuhariIsBURIED:
Thank God, Nigerian military is not there
did you read the news at all. you better read it again

1 Like

Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by stagger: 11:37am On Apr 22, 2019
FiftyFifty:

That war known as "The War in October", was lost by Egypt not because of the IDF firepower but because of the US direct involvement. That's a known fact in the military circle. This isn't denying the fact that IDF is strong especially in recent times.

My brother, go and read how the IDF obliterated the entire Egyptian Airforce and groudn troops on the Sinai peninsula in a space of less than 8 hours during the 6-day war.

Israeli Defence Force is too much.

2 Likes

Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by lloyds(m): 11:39am On Apr 22, 2019
NOETHNICITY:
Bro, USA came to the defence of Israel. If not for USA intervention Israel wud ve been history

And till date USA still directly intervene in isreeals military giving it a lot of advantage over others

Israel cannot be wipped out, the and of God is upon them. . even if America remove their help, help will still find them. Israeli Military has high level intelligence.

1 Like

Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by lloyds(m): 11:39am On Apr 22, 2019
NOETHNICITY:

Israel cannot be wipped out, the hand of God is upon them. . even if America remove their help, help will still find them. Israeli Military has high level intelligence.
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by SmartyPants(m): 11:40am On Apr 22, 2019
Yujin:

Not exactly true. Some did leave others remained. Do you know SA manufacture fighter aircrafts? Ordinary bullets Nigeria don't even manufacture. Lol

I didn't say they all left.

What does manufacturing aircraft have to do with having a strong military?

Nigeria may not make our own bullets but we make our own armored personnel carriers and even some water vessels, so what's your point?
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by ibietela2(m): 11:41am On Apr 22, 2019
Zoharariel:
The only Country I fear on this list is Algeria.

Ok, let's take a look at some of her inventories.

Air Force

Attack: SU-24 (22 Units) and SU-34 check

Fighter: MiG-29 (32 units) and SU-30 (58 units)

Attack Helicopter: Mi-24 (34 units), Mi-28 (42 units) and Mi-26 Heavy Transport (14 units)

Interceptor: MiG-25 (13 units) and SU-30 (58 units)

Multirole: SU-35 (18 units)

Patrol: Fokker-F27 and SuperKing Air (3 units)

Reconnaissance: Beechcraft-1900D HISAR (6 units) and Gulfstream G-550 (3 units)

Trainer: Z-142, T-34C, L-39 (55 units) and Yak-130 (16 units)

Transport: C-130 (14 units), II-76 (14 units) and C-295 (5 units).

Army

I feel like weeping for Nigeria because if war breaks out as the spirit of orunmila is telling me, walai, you will see your mother and call her your father. grin

Ordinary Boko Haram with only Hilux Pick-ups & GPMGs, your soldiers are running into another Country's territory for cover.

Tanks: T-62 (800 units), T-72 (500 units) and T-90 (575 units).

APC/AFV: BMPT Terminator 2 (300 units), BMP-1 (685 units), BMP-2 (760 units), BMP-3 (100 units), Nimr (3000 units) and ZSU-23-4 (300 units).

Artillery: 2S3 Akatsiya (75 units), 2S1 Gvosdika (145 units), Nora B-52 (122 units) and D-30 Howitzer (160 units).

Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS): BM-14-16 (48 units), BM-21 Grad (48 units), BM-24 (30 units), BM-30 Smerch (50 units), TOS-1A (52 units) and Iskander-E (48 units).

Air Defence Systems: S-400 missile systems (4 regiments: one regiment consists of 12 launchers of 4 missiles each).

S-300PMU-2 missile systems (8 regiments: one regiment consists of 12 launchers of 4 missiles each).

Pantsir-S1/S2 (108 units)

Tor-M2 (48 batteries)

BUK-M2 (32 launchers)

Why the fvck was I born in this shithole in the first place? I am supposed to be a "GOC" in the Algerian, Serbian or Russian Army.

Look at how these useless cursed politicians in Abuja are endangering my life & family by leaving Nigeria vulnerable to attacks & invasion?

Out of all these military equipments that I've listed so far, Nigeria only has 1 Transport (C-130 Hercules), a handful of Mi-35 Helos and maybe 20 units of T-72 Battle tanks.

I mean how could a whole giant of Afrika not have an S-300 or S-400 to secure our airspace & prevent missiles from Cameroun, Ghana & Kenya from landing on our heads?

And Instead of the bastards to go to Russia and order dozens of SU-30, MiG-29, SU-34, the bastards went to Amerika to waste $496 Million on 12 useless & decommissioned aircrafts called Tucanos.

Ogun will kill anybody that will quote me and ask how we will maintain these aircrafts. How are Egypt, Ethiopia, Algeria & South Afrika maintaining theirs?

Only 4 out of the 7 ww2 era F-7 jets bought by Ebele Jonathan are currently operational.

Boko Haram shot one down with Bazooka in Adamawa about 4 years ago and 2 collided during the independence day training last year.

They sit down in Abuja doing absolutely nothing to curb the growing menace of insecurity & insurgency.

The only thing they're good at is looting & embezzling the treasury without making any future plans for the Country.

Ordinary 30,000Naira minimum wage, they cannot sacrifice to put smiles on the faces of the ever beaten & battered citizenry.

They will ask you whether you're praying for war to justify their ineptitude & incompetence - with their dead-brains, forgetting that to be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace.

20years ago, nobody had anticipated that Nigeria would ever be at the mercy of a rag-tag terrorist organization (Boko Haram) - negotiating with them & even paying them ransoms.

As you make your bed, so must you lie on it.

Let me round up my list before I retire to the nearest beer parlour for the Easter jubilation, gyration, celebration & fornication.

Navy

Submarines: Project 636 (4 units), Project 877EKM (2 units) and the Romeo-Class Submarine (2 units).

Amphibious Warfare Vessels: San Giorgio-class assault ship (1 unit) and Kalat Beni Hammed (2 units).

Frigates: Koni-class frigates (3 units) and Meko-A200 (2 units).

Corvette: Adhafer-class (3 units), Nanuchka-class (3 units) and Djebel Chenoua-class (4 units).

I leave you with a video of the Algerian Army S-400Triumf in Action.

Until we meet again, I remain Zoharariel Underscore Obatala a.k.a Iskander-M of Ijebuland. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDX2Mh_QVmQ

Looks like they are not allies with US

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by ibietela2(m): 11:44am On Apr 22, 2019
Nigeria should be 7 to 10... We only have small man power..

No reserve or equipments
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by HarryDuce(m): 11:45am On Apr 22, 2019
SmartyPants:

Thanks for the correction, but, Africa's militaries are still nothing to write about. Despite the changes in the SA military, compared with the rest, they still perform albeit below expectations.
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by gidimafia: 11:45am On Apr 22, 2019
Which boko haram are the army fighting..lol..abi dem be shooting practice for boko haram..bro have ever been to maiduguri to find out the stories after each clash in a town..u will be shocked
lottomkyes200:
putting Nigeria in that 5th position was wrong because all this equipment you said we have I swear 60% are not in good condition. I have fact if we do have then in good condition our soldiers will not be running for their lives before book haram.
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by ibietela2(m): 11:46am On Apr 22, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Lesotho has the most powerful military in Africa

That is inside South Africa?
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by ibietela2(m): 11:48am On Apr 22, 2019
dermmy:

Rebel forces were backed by NATO air power and other countries outside NATO that hated the Gaddafi's regime e.g Qatar. They recieved one of the best weapons in US arsenal.

I guess the guy doesn't have outside support like Syrian President

1 Like

Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by SmartyPants(m): 11:53am On Apr 22, 2019
madridsta007:

LOL.
Military that can not fight and win a rag-tag Boko Haram terror group for 10 years should not make the list if the most powerful 50 armies in Africa.
Nigeria. We just like to deceive ourselves. grin grin

Let me ask you this. In the post colonial period, is there any army in Africa that has ever fought and successfully defeated a rag tag group of fighters like you put it?

While you search for answers let me then ask, is there any army in modern history that has ever successfully defeated such a group?

Do you think there is a reason for that?

2 Likes

Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by SmartyPants(m): 11:54am On Apr 22, 2019
HarryDuce:
Thanks for the correction, but, Africa's militaries are still nothing to write about. Despite the changes in the SA military, compared with the rest, they still perform albeit below expectations.

Really? By what metrics of performance?
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by King44(m): 12:05pm On Apr 22, 2019
Zoharariel:
The only Country I fear on this list is Algeria.

Ok, let's take a look at some of her inventories.

Air Force

Attack: SU-24 (22 Units) and SU-34 check

Fighter: MiG-29 (32 units) and SU-30 (58 units)

Attack Helicopter: Mi-24 (34 units), Mi-28 (42 units) and Mi-26 Heavy Transport (14 units)

Interceptor: MiG-25 (13 units) and SU-30 (58 units)

Multirole: SU-35 (18 units)

Patrol: Fokker-F27 and SuperKing Air (3 units)

Reconnaissance: Beechcraft-1900D HISAR (6 units) and Gulfstream G-550 (3 units)

Trainer: Z-142, T-34C, L-39 (55 units) and Yak-130 (16 units)

Transport: C-130 (14 units), II-76 (14 units) and C-295 (5 units).

Army

I feel like weeping for Nigeria because if war breaks out as the spirit of orunmila is telling me, walai, you will see your mother and call her your father. grin

Ordinary Boko Haram with only Hilux Pick-ups & GPMGs, your soldiers are running into another Country's territory for cover.

Tanks: T-62 (800 units), T-72 (500 units) and T-90 (575 units).

APC/AFV: BMPT Terminator 2 (300 units), BMP-1 (685 units), BMP-2 (760 units), BMP-3 (100 units), Nimr (3000 units) and ZSU-23-4 (300 units).

Artillery: 2S3 Akatsiya (75 units), 2S1 Gvosdika (145 units), Nora B-52 (122 units) and D-30 Howitzer (160 units).

Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS): BM-14-16 (48 units), BM-21 Grad (48 units), BM-24 (30 units), BM-30 Smerch (50 units), TOS-1A (52 units) and Iskander-E (48 units).

Air Defence Systems: S-400 missile systems (4 regiments: one regiment consists of 12 launchers of 4 missiles each).

S-300PMU-2 missile systems (8 regiments: one regiment consists of 12 launchers of 4 missiles each).

Pantsir-S1/S2 (108 units)

Tor-M2 (48 batteries)

BUK-M2 (32 launchers)

Why the fvck was I born in this shithole in the first place? I am supposed to be a "GOC" in the Algerian, Serbian or Russian Army.

Look at how these useless cursed politicians in Abuja are endangering my life & family by leaving Nigeria vulnerable to attacks & invasion?

Out of all these military equipments that I've listed so far, Nigeria only has 1 Transport (C-130 Hercules), a handful of Mi-35 Helos and maybe 20 units of T-72 Battle tanks.

I mean how could a whole giant of Afrika not have an S-300 or S-400 to secure our airspace & prevent missiles from Cameroun, Ghana & Kenya from landing on our heads?

And Instead of the bastards to go to Russia and order dozens of SU-30, MiG-29, SU-34, the bastards went to Amerika to waste $496 Million on 12 useless & decommissioned aircrafts called Tucanos.

Ogun will kill anybody that will quote me and ask how we will maintain these aircrafts. How are Egypt, Ethiopia, Algeria & South Afrika maintaining theirs?

Only 4 out of the 7 ww2 era F-7 jets bought by Ebele Jonathan are currently operational.

Boko Haram shot one down with Bazooka in Adamawa about 4 years ago and 2 collided during the independence day training last year.

They sit down in Abuja doing absolutely nothing to curb the growing menace of insecurity & insurgency.

The only thing they're good at is looting & embezzling the treasury without making any future plans for the Country.

Ordinary 30,000Naira minimum wage, they cannot sacrifice to put smiles on the faces of the ever beaten & battered citizenry.

They will ask you whether you're praying for war to justify their ineptitude & incompetence - with their dead-brains, forgetting that to be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace.

20years ago, nobody had anticipated that Nigeria would ever be at the mercy of a rag-tag terrorist organization (Boko Haram) - negotiating with them & even paying them ransoms.

As you make your bed, so must you lie on it.

Let me round up my list before I retire to the nearest beer parlour for the Easter jubilation, gyration, celebration & fornication.

Navy

Submarines: Project 636 (4 units), Project 877EKM (2 units) and the Romeo-Class Submarine (2 units).

Amphibious Warfare Vessels: San Giorgio-class assault ship (1 unit) and Kalat Beni Hammed (2 units).

Frigates: Koni-class frigates (3 units) and Meko-A200 (2 units).

Corvette: Adhafer-class (3 units), Nanuchka-class (3 units) and Djebel Chenoua-class (4 units).

I leave you with a video of the Algerian Army S-400Triumf in Action.

Until we meet again, I remain Zoharariel Underscore Obatala a.k.a Iskander-M of Ijebuland. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDX2Mh_QVmQ
we are finished in this country if war breaks out with other countries, when you ask them why our military equipment is all time low n not maintained u will here there is no money but tell them lets add a trillion to ur allowances n salaries kia kia na approval, reason why ordinary boko keep playing with them like toys what if we are fighting with another country that would be a sorry case

that part got me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:08pm On Apr 22, 2019
Osagyefo98:
please whosoever that put Nigeria there, should remove it.

they are local vigilante on uniform.
keep quiet there...
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:09pm On Apr 22, 2019
Osagyefo98:
please whosoever that put Nigeria there, should remove it.

they are local vigilante on uniform.
will you keep quiet there...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Groom Shows The Buhari 4 + 4 Sign At His Wedding (Photos) / Outrage As Gbadamosi Calls For "Xenophobic Attacks" On Ugandans In Nigeria / Atiku Just Arrived WASHINGTON DC UNITED STATES OF AMERICA- PICTURES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.