Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,086 members, 7,957,057 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:10 AM

A Reigning Igbo Queen In The 21st Century - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / A Reigning Igbo Queen In The 21st Century (774 Views)

Oba Adeyemi: Things To Know About Boxer Who Became Longest-reigning Alaafin / Moment Omoba Tsola Emiko Was Crowned As 21st Olu of Warri / Meet The Longest Reigning Monarch In Rivers State Oba Of Ogbaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Reigning Igbo Queen In The 21st Century by Nobody: 9:23am On Apr 21, 2019
She is the Omu of Okpanam. She is HRM Obi Dr. Martha Dunkwu. Very amiable queen filled with grace.

She reminds me of German Chancellor Angela Merkel, with her gentle, quiet confidence, interspersed with sweet smiles. Her people love her. She is not the wife of a reigning king but a reigning queen in her own right.

Source: http://www.igbodefender.com/2019/04/20/a-reigning-igbo-queen-in-the-21st-century/
Re: A Reigning Igbo Queen In The 21st Century by nengibo: 7:59pm On Apr 22, 2019
I knew it will be Anioma-Igbo
Re: A Reigning Igbo Queen In The 21st Century by Klinee: 11:30pm On Apr 22, 2019
Omu was never a queen she is normal the head of market, she will be the one to declare transactive activity in the market for every market day.
Omu was not just in anioma but exist mostly in Anambra North.

1 Like

Re: A Reigning Igbo Queen In The 21st Century by Nobody: 12:16am On Apr 23, 2019
igbodefender:
She is the Omu of Okpanam. She is HRM Obi Dr. Martha Dunkwu. Very amiable queen filled with grace.

She reminds me of German Chancellor Angela Merkel, with her gentle, quiet confidence, interspersed with sweet smiles. Her people love her. She is not the wife of a reigning king but a reigning queen in her own right.

Source: http://www.igbodefender.com/2019/04/20/a-reigning-igbo-queen-in-the-21st-century/
Osagyefo98 will not like this.

cc lzaa adaibeku

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Reigning Igbo Queen In The 21st Century by Nobody: 3:20am On Apr 23, 2019
immhotep:
Osagyefo98 will not like this.
cc lzaa adaibeku
Biko stop inviting me to thread like, I do see it and avoid it.
u don't like truth.....haba
Re: A Reigning Igbo Queen In The 21st Century by Nobody: 5:38am On Apr 23, 2019
Klinee:
Omu was never a queen she is normal the head of market, she will be the one to declare transactive activity in the market for every market day.
Omu was not just in anioma but exist mostly in Anambra North.
The Omu is a queen. If not, why is she titled Her Royal Majesty? You just mentioned just one of her roles as ceremonial head of the market, while avoiding her role as a traditional ruler in her own right.

Go to Okpanam and some other towns andvtelk them their Omu is not a queen, and see what they will tell you.
Re: A Reigning Igbo Queen In The 21st Century by Nobody: 7:11am On Apr 23, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Biko
stop inviting me to thread like, I do see it and avoid it.

u don't like truth.....haba
You like propaganda grin
Delta Igbo amaka grin

Cc Lzaa adaibeku

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Reigning Igbo Queen In The 21st Century by Nobody: 8:14am On Apr 23, 2019
immhotep:

You like propaganda grin
Delta Igbo amaka grin

Cc Lzaa adaibeku

I like propaganda because we have decided to nurture and grow the truth....

No matter how it takes.....we now know the extent, boundary and extensions of igboland.
Re: A Reigning Igbo Queen In The 21st Century by Nobody: 8:18am On Apr 23, 2019
I didn't notice.....OP what do u mean by REIGNING IGBO QUEEN in 21st century,?

How?
From where please?

U guys have started again ooo
Re: A Reigning Igbo Queen In The 21st Century by Nobody: 8:31am On Apr 23, 2019
Osagyefo98:

I like propaganda because we have decided to nurture and grow the truth....

No matter how it takes.....we now know the extent, boundary and extensions of igboland.
Yes....including delta Igbo land grin
Re: A Reigning Igbo Queen In The 21st Century by ollysaks: 10:43am On Apr 23, 2019
igbodefender:

The Omu is a queen. If not, why is she titled Her Royal Majesty? You just mentioned just one of her roles as ceremonial head of the market, while avoiding her role as a traditional ruler in her own right.

Go to Okpanam and some other towns andvtelk them their Omu is not a queen, and see what they will tell you.

Omu is not a queen.
My auntie from my mum's side was the previous omu of okpanam.
Stop posting lies.
She is the leader of markets etc
Re: A Reigning Igbo Queen In The 21st Century by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 23, 2019
ollysaks:

Omu is not a queen.
My auntie from my mum's side was the previous omu of okpanam.
Stop posting lies.
She is the leader of markets etc

Stop misinforming Nigerians. Let us hear if Omu is queen or not from the words of the Omu of Okpanam, Her Royal Majesty Obi Dunkwu herself. Read what she told the Guardian.

What are the functions of an Omu?

"An Omu is leader of women. She is also the custodian of the market.
Thirdly, she is the spiritual guide to the community and the traditional ruler.

"She is the only female member of the traditional council. The traditional ruler is the father of the community, while the Omu is the mother of the community. Together, the father and mother govern the community. This is what the Omu is. Now, at the point of coronation, once you are pronounced an Omu, you have to leave your marital home, because the Omu can’t be married. At the point of coronation as an Omu, you are bestowed with male rights. So, as an Omu, you are a man and woman put together.

"As an Omu, you have to leave your marital home and return to your father’s home, where a palace would be built for you. At this instance, like any other king,
you are now entitled to marry two wives or more – that is, if you decide to. They will bear children, and the children are yours as an Omu."

Source: https://guardian.ng/sunday-magazine/omu-queen-mother-with-immense-appeal-authority-her-royal-majesty-obi-martha-dunkwu/

Now the question for you is: are you claiming to know the Omu's job more than her; are you trying to teach her her job?
Re: A Reigning Igbo Queen In The 21st Century by ollysaks: 1:38pm On Apr 23, 2019
igbodefender:

Stop misinforming Nigerians. Let us hear if Omu is queen or not from the words of the Omu of Okpanam, Her Royal Majesty Obi Dunkwu herself. Read what she told the Guardian.

What are the functions of an Omu?

"An Omu is leader of women. She is also the custodian of the market.
Thirdly, she is the spiritual guide to the community and the traditional ruler.

"She is the only female member of the traditional council. The traditional ruler is the father of the community, while the Omu is the mother of the community. Together, the father and mother govern the community. This is what the Omu is. Now, at the point of coronation, once you are pronounced an Omu, you have to leave your marital home, because the Omu can’t be married. At the point of coronation as an Omu, you are bestowed with male rights. So, as an Omu, you are a man and woman put together.

"As an Omu, you have to leave your marital home and return to your father’s home, where a palace would be built for you. At this instance, like any other king,
you are now entitled to marry two wives or more – that is, if you decide to. They will bear children, and the children are yours as an Omu."

Source: https://guardian.ng/sunday-magazine/omu-queen-mother-with-immense-appeal-authority-her-royal-majesty-obi-martha-dunkwu/

Now the question for you is: are you claiming to know the Omu's job more than her; are you trying to teach her her job?

Pls read the article slowly and comprehend what was written:
She said, Omu is the leader of women
Omu is the custodian of the market
Omu is a female member of the traditional council.
NOWHERE DID SHE SAY THAT OMU IS A QUEEN.
I don't know ur intension but I know she will not be happy with you dragging her into such falsehood
Re: A Reigning Igbo Queen In The 21st Century by Nobody: 2:08pm On Apr 23, 2019
ollysaks:

Pls read the article slowly and comprehend what was written:
She said, Omu is the leader of women
Omu is the custodian of the market
Omu is a female member of the traditional council.
NOWHERE DID SHE SAY THAT OMU IS A QUEEN.
I don't know ur intension but I know she will not be happy with you dragging her into such falsehood

You are the one who should click the link I gave you and read the Guardian headline where she was described as a queen. Be sure to read it aloud s-l-o-w-l-y.

Also, try to read the excerpt I highlighted in red where she described herself as a traditional ruler extra
s-l-o-w-l-y. Maybe her words might Finally sink in... Who knows!? undecided
Re: A Reigning Igbo Queen In The 21st Century by ollysaks: 2:18pm On Apr 23, 2019
igbodefender:

You are the one who should click the link I gave you and read the Guardian headline where she was described as a queen. Be sure to read it aloud s-l-o-w-l-y.

Also, try to read the excerpt I highlighted in red where she described herself as a traditional ruler extra
s-l-o-w-l-y. Maybe her words might Finally sink in... Who knows!? undecided

Omu is not a queen..go and do your research.

She is not the Paramount ruler of the land .
Historically she has roles she plays in the community but she is not sovereign or married to the Ugo Ani to bequeath her with the title queen.
Please do not miss represent fact.
My maternal home had a daughter with this title.
I visited her as a child. So I know the history too well to be deceived
Re: A Reigning Igbo Queen In The 21st Century by Nobody: 2:35pm On Apr 23, 2019
ollysaks:

Omu is not a queen... My maternal home had a daughter with this title. I visited her as a child.
Good. Now, go and visit her as an adult and then come back to type your findings. smiley

(1) (Reply)

French Language / Youth Invade Ondo Monarch Palece For Converting To Christianity / Water Or Tissue-paper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.