Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

UK Trial: Nnamdi Kanu’s Brother Hopeful Of Resolution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK Trial: Nnamdi Kanu’s Brother Hopeful Of Resolution (1308 Views)

Ebubeagu Killings In Awomama: Nnamdi Kanu's Brother Reacts (Video, Pix) / IPOB, Obigbo Killings Made Wike Lose PDP Primary – Nnamdi Kanu’s Brother / Kanunta, Nnamdi Kanu's Brother Blames Simon Ekpa For Killing Of FRSC Officials. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UK Trial: Nnamdi Kanu’s Brother Hopeful Of Resolution by Blue3k2: 2:05pm On Apr 21, 2019
Ogbonnaya Ikokwu, Umuahia

A United Kingdom court sitting in London will hear the case between the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, and the Federal Government on April 29, 2019.

A statement from Kanu’s younger brother, Prince, made available to our correspondent stated that Nigeria’s legal representation would be expected to make appearance at the hearing.

Kanu has been standing trial for a treasonable felony against the Federal Government since 2015 after he was arrested by the operatives of the Department of State Services on October 14, 2015.

He was released on bail on April 28, 2017 and he allegedly fled the country the same year following the invasion of his father’s palace by soldiers on September 14, 2017.

Consequently, Kanu had not appeared in court for his trial, leading to an order for him to be rearrested by Justice Binta Nyako of the Federal High Court Abuja on March 28, 2019.

Concerning the case, Prince stated, “The legality for demanding for one separate country out of Nigeria will be tested.

“All Nigerian laws that supported the calls for self-determination in the country will be tested. All international treaties and conventions, both at the international and at the regional levels, which Nigeria is a signatory to, will be involved.

“All self-determination and separatists in Nigeria must develop vested interests in the case between Nnamdi Kanu and the Federal Republic of Nigeria, later this month in the United Kingdom and be ready to take their stand over the fallout of the case in question.”

He added, “Our problems as a people which was started by the British in 1914 may also be finally settled in the British court once and for all.”

Source: https://punchng.com/uk-trial-nnamdi-kanus-brother-hopeful-of-resolution/amp/
Re: UK Trial: Nnamdi Kanu’s Brother Hopeful Of Resolution by Frankdoz29: 2:11pm On Apr 21, 2019
Ohamadike 1 one Biafra! Even in their kangaroo court you defeated them. I can't wait to see you embarrass them in British court. I love you Nnamdi kanu!

3 Likes

Re: UK Trial: Nnamdi Kanu’s Brother Hopeful Of Resolution by Blue3k2: 2:11pm On Apr 21, 2019
Im taking this report with a grain of salt since no other news site published the story. Its weird they spent most of article recapping instead of talking about UK trial. Im assuming the trial is about extradition but the article doesn't explicitly say that. I guess we'll wait for an update on 29th.

He added, “Our problems as a people which was started by the British in 1914 may also be finally settled in the British court once and for all.”

What does he mean. The UK only has jurisdiction concerning extraditing its citizens.
Re: UK Trial: Nnamdi Kanu’s Brother Hopeful Of Resolution by Upton: 2:13pm On Apr 21, 2019
Hmmnn
Re: UK Trial: Nnamdi Kanu’s Brother Hopeful Of Resolution by GavelSlam: 2:15pm On Apr 21, 2019
Pictorial evidence would speak.

1 Like

Re: UK Trial: Nnamdi Kanu’s Brother Hopeful Of Resolution by goodnessme1(f): 4:11pm On Apr 21, 2019
If Mazi Nnamdi kanu can defeat the zoo in their kangaroo court,here in uk is work over.

I love Nnamdi Kanu .

4 Likes

Re: UK Trial: Nnamdi Kanu’s Brother Hopeful Of Resolution by mabea: 4:23pm On Apr 21, 2019
GavelSlam:
Pictorial evidence would speak.
I've noticed that you and your likes are active followers of Nnamdi Kanu hence your presence in every thread concerning him

2 Likes

Re: UK Trial: Nnamdi Kanu’s Brother Hopeful Of Resolution by GavelSlam: 4:26pm On Apr 21, 2019
mabea:
I've noticed that you and your likes are active followers of Nnamdi Kanu hence your presence in every thread concerning him

So what?
Re: UK Trial: Nnamdi Kanu’s Brother Hopeful Of Resolution by mabea: 4:30pm On Apr 21, 2019
GavelSlam:
So what?
So openly declare your love for him. What an obsession

1 Like

Re: UK Trial: Nnamdi Kanu’s Brother Hopeful Of Resolution by GavelSlam: 4:32pm On Apr 21, 2019
mabea:
So openly declare your love for him. What an obsession

As you love Buhari.
Re: UK Trial: Nnamdi Kanu’s Brother Hopeful Of Resolution by mabea: 4:39pm On Apr 21, 2019
GavelSlam:

As you love Buhari.
Dont i ?
Re: UK Trial: Nnamdi Kanu’s Brother Hopeful Of Resolution by GavelSlam: 4:41pm On Apr 21, 2019
mabea:
Dont i ?

Without doubt you do.
Re: UK Trial: Nnamdi Kanu’s Brother Hopeful Of Resolution by mabea: 4:43pm On Apr 21, 2019
GavelSlam:

Without doubt you do.
Good you may do same
Re: UK Trial: Nnamdi Kanu’s Brother Hopeful Of Resolution by mabea: 4:43pm On Apr 21, 2019
GavelSlam:

Without doubt you do.
Good you may do same
Re: UK Trial: Nnamdi Kanu’s Brother Hopeful Of Resolution by GavelSlam: 4:45pm On Apr 21, 2019
mabea:
Good you may do same

I love Buhari whilst Kanu is a villain.
Re: UK Trial: Nnamdi Kanu’s Brother Hopeful Of Resolution by Xander85: 5:13pm On Apr 21, 2019
Anyone...any levelheaded person that’s true to himself and wants a future of peace and bright prospects for his children, would have to admit that things CANNOT continue the way they are in Nigeria! Something just has to give!

I have lost all faith in the present status-quo being able to achieve the peace and prosperity i crave for myself, my family and my kinsfolk....the same peace and progress even little countries like Ghana, Rwanda and Singapore now take for granted! This is why i’m a fervent believer in Mazi Kanu and IPOB....they’re presently the only light i see in a very long and dark tunnel!

We’ve been doing the same thing since 1970....trusting in the same Nigerian brand of partisan-politics and political-economy bereft of any civility, morality, vision, passion for nationhood, love for a fellow compatriot and honesty, yet we keep on fasting and praying year-in-year-out that our fortunes will miraculously improve and we’d start rubbing shoulders with the likes of Dubai, Singapore and Brazil! Fat chance!

1 Like

Re: UK Trial: Nnamdi Kanu’s Brother Hopeful Of Resolution by mabea: 5:20pm On Apr 21, 2019
GavelSlam:

I love Buhari whilst Kanu is a villain.
Kanu is a villain yet he commands such obsession from you

1 Like

Re: UK Trial: Nnamdi Kanu’s Brother Hopeful Of Resolution by GavelSlam: 5:23pm On Apr 21, 2019
mabea:
Kanu is a villain yet he commands such obsession from you

Do you understand the term villain?
Re: UK Trial: Nnamdi Kanu’s Brother Hopeful Of Resolution by mabea: 5:34pm On Apr 21, 2019
GavelSlam:

Do you understand the term villain?
Of course i know. But im surprise how he attracts your attention to the point of keeping update with even his bedroom activities

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Trial: Nnamdi Kanu’s Brother Hopeful Of Resolution by GavelSlam: 5:37pm On Apr 21, 2019
mabea:
Of course i know. But im surprise how he attracts your attention to the point of keeping update with even his bedroom activities

His boys distributed it.

Are you just knowing of his bedroom photos?
Re: UK Trial: Nnamdi Kanu’s Brother Hopeful Of Resolution by mabea: 6:38pm On Apr 21, 2019
GavelSlam:

His boys distributed it.
Are you just knowing of his bedroom photos?
I know about it too
Re: UK Trial: Nnamdi Kanu’s Brother Hopeful Of Resolution by Xisnin(m): 6:53pm On Apr 21, 2019
Buhari will be a true dullard if he actually send a lawyer to represent Nigeria.
This is no case at all and Nigeria must stay clear of the madness.
Re: UK Trial: Nnamdi Kanu’s Brother Hopeful Of Resolution by Emycord: 11:36pm On Apr 21, 2019
Xisnin:
Buhari will be a true dullard if he actually send a lawyer to represent Nigeria.
This is no case at all and Nigeria must stay clear of the madness.
what are you afraid of? why not send one lawyer to sing that territorial intergrity music "one nation bound in freedom " for them lets see why are you afraid of the court ? like you said he will prove himself a dull one as usual by sending one igbo lawyer so that it will be igbo vs igbo. but i trust kanu to finish him na wembly be that o no home na away now even when kanu played in your own backyard he win , with this words " go and tell buhari that he is mad"
Re: UK Trial: Nnamdi Kanu’s Brother Hopeful Of Resolution by Xisnin(m): 12:04am On Apr 22, 2019
Emycord:
what are you afraid of? why not send one lawyer to sing that territorial intergrity music "one nation bound in freedom " for them lets see why are you afraid of the court ? like you said he will prove himself a dull one as usual by sending one igbo lawyer so that it will be igbo vs igbo. but i trust kanu to finish him na wembly be that o no home na away now even when kanu played in your own backyard he win , with this words " go and tell buhari that he is mad"

Only an intellectually bankrupt and low self-esteem country will send its lawyer to
defend its integrity in another country's court.
Buhari's response will confirm whether he is a hopeless dullard.
Re: UK Trial: Nnamdi Kanu’s Brother Hopeful Of Resolution by jlinkd78(m): 6:23am On Apr 22, 2019
Kanu will panel beat Nigeria silly in any court process in a neutral soil. He defeated them here with all d manipulation of d judiciary, he will embarrassing defeat them outside d shores of this contraption.
Re: UK Trial: Nnamdi Kanu’s Brother Hopeful Of Resolution by Emycord: 2:58pm On Apr 22, 2019
Xisnin:

Only an intellectually bankrupt and low self-esteem country will send its lawyer to
defend its integrity in another country's court.
Buhari's response will confirm whether he is a hopeless dullard.
what else defines nigeria , its people and its president ? if not what you wrote up there ? you really have an apt and vivid imagination. well like i said we shall await the confirmation of this news first then we will know about this your claims to territorial integrity. IF nigeria is left without external powers biafra will over run it in few months

(1) (Reply)

The Day I Find Not A Nigerian President But That A Nigerian Is Finally President / Ihedioha: 'It Won't Stand In Imo' - Nnamdi Kanu Hints On Possible IPOB Action / Revealed: Why Lawan, Gbajabiamila Are Attacking The SIP - Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.