Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Why Buhari Has No Right To Reject Onnoghen’s Resignation – Lawyer - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Has No Right To Reject Onnoghen’s Resignation – Lawyer (16677 Views)

Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup / Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buhari Has No Right To Reject Onnoghen’s Resignation – Lawyer by buhariguy(m): 4:37pm On Apr 21, 2019
israelmao:
Danladi Umar who presided over Onnoghen's case also has a case to answer with EFCC ,the conviction of Onnoghen was a deal struck between FG and Danladi which can be explained thus,help us save our faces by convicting Onnoghen and we'll let you off the hook.
this is the reason idiotic pigs should not take their fellow idiotic pig serious.

this was the same allegation against danladi that his case with efcc will be drop if he convict thief saraki.

if it was true, we would have prefer thief saraki to roast in hell.
because thief onnoghen is of no use to us.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has No Right To Reject Onnoghen’s Resignation – Lawyer by ofuonyebi: 4:41pm On Apr 21, 2019
foolish Nigerian Leaders and thieves....the greatest shame in the world judicial history

a CJ of a nation like nigeria claiming he forgot to declare the billions of money hidden in private accounts and the

various hidden mansions here and there...ole!...thief!!...barawo!!...take him to kirikiri

This is the same man who had sentenced many innocent people to jail on the premise that ignorance of the law, is NOT an EXCUSE to escape

punishment....shame!...shame indeed! Tufiakwa!!!....This is why i will always give kudos to Buhari...everybody equal under Buharis rule!

3 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has No Right To Reject Onnoghen’s Resignation – Lawyer by Gandollar(f): 4:57pm On Apr 21, 2019
Lamasta:
Any corrupt public holder should be prosecuted without any iota of bias no matter how highly placed he or she may be.
Corruption not in my countrygrin
True that. Though babachir is an exception to this rule.
Re: Why Buhari Has No Right To Reject Onnoghen’s Resignation – Lawyer by sanerugwei: 5:00pm On Apr 21, 2019
Wiseandtrue:
Buhari does not follow protocol or listen to anyone undecided

So what's the essence of this debate

You said it all....
Let me add QED.

The man in question does not obey court orders nor does he follow rule of law when it does not favor him...

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Has No Right To Reject Onnoghen’s Resignation – Lawyer by Neoteny(m): 5:01pm On Apr 21, 2019
israelmao:
Danladi Umar who presided over Onnoghen's case also has a case to answer with EFCC ,the conviction of Onnoghen was a deal struck between FG and Danladi which can be explained thus,help us save our faces by convicting Onnoghen and we'll let you off the hook.

And you know this because you were there when the deal was struck....

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has No Right To Reject Onnoghen’s Resignation – Lawyer by israelmao(m): 5:01pm On Apr 21, 2019
[quote author=buhariguy post=77734925]this is the reason idiotic pigs should not take their fellow idiotic pig serious.

this was the same allegation against danladi that his case with efcc will be drop if he convict thief saraki.

if it was true, we would have prefer thief saraki to roast in hell.
because thief onnoghen is of no use to us. [/quote

The moment I saw your name as well as reply and I knew it would be a sheer dissipation of energy and time to get into murky fight with someone whose brain has undergone hemispherectomy which is akin to APC zealots.
Re: Why Buhari Has No Right To Reject Onnoghen’s Resignation – Lawyer by Vello(m): 5:17pm On Apr 21, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

I still remember when I was in secondary school, we were taught that each arm of government is independent of one another, how do you explain that

Could my teacher be teaching me nonsense
But you forgot again (albeit deliberately )the principle of checks and balances.
National Assembly can impeach the President, Judiciary can prosecute the Executive. Tell me how their both powers can also be checked?
Where you have separation of powers, there you also have checks and balances.
Stop arguing with mischief

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Has No Right To Reject Onnoghen’s Resignation – Lawyer by famouscargo4u: 5:19pm On Apr 21, 2019
His actions pre-empted an ongoing cas against him in courts.
Re: Why Buhari Has No Right To Reject Onnoghen’s Resignation – Lawyer by smalls001: 5:27pm On Apr 21, 2019
NOC1:

we said same thing.
An employer can withhold resignation of his/her staff if there are pending disciplinary issues. Same applies to the former CJ.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Has No Right To Reject Onnoghen’s Resignation – Lawyer by BillgatesMaigad(m): 5:27pm On Apr 21, 2019
With profound respect to his lordship!

Walter Onoghen ought to have resigned long ago to save himself all this embarrassment. For admitting alone that he forgot to declare his asset correctly is enough reason to resign from office cos he had breached the code of conduct.

People must learn to resign when ever they err in pubic office. See how he has allowed politicians to humiliate him

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Has No Right To Reject Onnoghen’s Resignation – Lawyer by Cloud007: 5:28pm On Apr 21, 2019
NOC1:
yes I agree, but he still has the right to pursue Judgement of his resigned staff, if found guilty the resigned staff will be punished by the law.
which staff pls.....SMH.

Head of another arm of government is now buhari's staff...Na wa for you ohh
Re: Why Buhari Has No Right To Reject Onnoghen’s Resignation – Lawyer by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:35pm On Apr 21, 2019
Vello:

But you forgot again (albeit deliberately )the principle of checks and balances.
National Assembly can impeach the President, Judiciary can prosecute the Executive. Tell me how their both powers can also be checked?

okay perhaps that is why Mr President finds it difficult to obey court orders!!!

But @ bolded How so sir More so what power does the Executive have over the Judiciary order than approvements from NJC

Why does everything suddenly seems different under Buhari

Does his tenure comes with new laws also

Please enlighten me!
Re: Why Buhari Has No Right To Reject Onnoghen’s Resignation – Lawyer by OGHENAOGIE(m): 5:39pm On Apr 21, 2019
Vello:

Stop arguing with mischief
if dis is Wat check and balance means to u...u were thought by stupid teachers...de are procedures to impeach a president u don't wake up one morning cooked allegations and impeach him or her...same for d judiciary...a cjn was removed fraudulently u are typing rubbish...i understand your brain has been blocked as a sentimental Apc fan
Re: Why Buhari Has No Right To Reject Onnoghen’s Resignation – Lawyer by Teenaira: 5:55pm On Apr 21, 2019
ofuonyebi:

foolish Nigerian Leaders and thieves....the greatest shame in the world judicial history

a CJ of a nation like nigeria claiming he forgot to declare the billions of money hidden in private accounts and the

various hidden mansions here and there...ole!...thief!!...barawo!!...take him to kirikiri

This is the same man who had sentenced many innocent people to jail on the premise that ignorance of the law, is NOT an EXCUSE to escape

punishment....shame!...shame indeed! Tufiakwa!!!....This is why i will always give kudos to Buhari...everybody equal under Buharis rule!

Let truth be told, there is nobody including Buhari, all ministers,Governors, Commissioner, Judge, Senators, honourables that are not guilty of the offence this man is being charged for.

They are all rougues. That is why we need a total overhaul if this country will ever be great.
Re: Why Buhari Has No Right To Reject Onnoghen’s Resignation – Lawyer by omogidi234(m): 6:12pm On Apr 21, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

I still remember when I was in secondary school, we were taught that each arm of government is independent of one another, how do you explain that

Could my teacher be teaching me nonsense

Yes they are independent but you would also remember they told us about check and balance, part of the latter is the President appointing /sacking or receiving resignation letter from the CJN.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Has No Right To Reject Onnoghen’s Resignation – Lawyer by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:16pm On Apr 21, 2019
omogidi234:

Yes they are independent but you would also remember they told us about check and balance, part of the latter is the President appointing /sacking or receiving resignation letter from the CJN.
Sacking
Re: Why Buhari Has No Right To Reject Onnoghen’s Resignation – Lawyer by saintaustine(m): 6:26pm On Apr 21, 2019
israelmao:

NONSENSE AND A BIG LIE.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has No Right To Reject Onnoghen’s Resignation – Lawyer by Vello(m): 6:26pm On Apr 21, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
if dis is Wat check and balance means to u...u were thought by stupid teachers...de are procedures to impeach a president u don't wake up one morning cooked allegations and impeach him or her...same for d judiciary...a cjn was removed fraudulently u are typing rubbish...i understand your brain has been blocked as a sentimental Apc fan
I feel like getting really hot with you but you don't deserve my tutorship nevertheless, I think you're educationally deficient to imply what checks and balances is not without submitting what it is.
Again, differentiate between suspension and removal (So to speak)
As regards my brain being blocked, guess you should look into your mirror (if you have an original one)
For the sake of emphasis, tell me how else a corrupt case against the head of Judiciary should have been handled with him yet insisting on superintending over his own case

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Has No Right To Reject Onnoghen’s Resignation – Lawyer by omogidi234(m): 6:27pm On Apr 21, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

Sacking

Yes now, if the President removes a CJN with the recommendation of NJC and 2/3 Majoriry from the Senate- that is sacking now!
Re: Why Buhari Has No Right To Reject Onnoghen’s Resignation – Lawyer by NEIGHBOUR(m): 6:43pm On Apr 21, 2019
israelmao:

You were the chairman of the panel that struck the deal!!!
Re: Why Buhari Has No Right To Reject Onnoghen’s Resignation – Lawyer by israelmao(m): 6:49pm On Apr 21, 2019
saintaustine:

NONSENSE AND A BIG LIE.
This is real sense and truth.
Re: Why Buhari Has No Right To Reject Onnoghen’s Resignation – Lawyer by Vello(m): 6:50pm On Apr 21, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

okay perhaps that is why Mr President finds it difficult to obey court orders!!!

But @ bolded How so sir More so what power does the Executive have over the Judiciary order than approvements from NJC

Why does everything suddenly seems different under Buhari

Does his tenure comes with new laws also

Please enlighten me!
If I were the President, I'd I worse given the fraudulent injunctions, unconstitutional constitutional tricks these crooked thieves have adopted to subvert and pervert justice just for the mockery of it sometimes.
In a corrupt system, you don't fight corruption by constitutional means else, you'll fail. Corruption in the Judiciary is what we all should wail about and stand against with all the zeal and passion of a true patriotic citizen. Alas, where all institutions and arms of government is this decadent calls for a more drastic and violent approach.
Countries we look up to today have strong institutions, values, folkways and mores to back it up.
Dear Wiseandtrue, I'm in the government circles and if you see the levels and dimensions of corruption everywhere, you'll stop blaming Buhari. Peculiar situation calls for peculiar measures. Sometimes I wonder if this crooked, perverted, twisted system is what I'd bequeath to my unborn children; a system where yahoo yahoo is justified as reparation, where unexplainable wealth is celebrated and crooks are lords in the hallowed chambers of law an justice.
Please look beyond the myopic and narrow mindset of destructive criticisms as having pervaded Nairaland and put your Nation first in your consideration.
Bless you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Has No Right To Reject Onnoghen’s Resignation – Lawyer by dikeke: 7:06pm On Apr 21, 2019
TheEconomist:
A lot of the posters above did not read the article before making comments o. Pity.
There are many dumb people here. It's, sometimes, very suffocating!
Re: Why Buhari Has No Right To Reject Onnoghen’s Resignation – Lawyer by Lamasta(m): 7:34pm On Apr 21, 2019
Gandollar:
True that. Though babachir is an exception to this rule.
The government of the day is bias in the fight against corruption
Re: Why Buhari Has No Right To Reject Onnoghen’s Resignation – Lawyer by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:08pm On Apr 21, 2019
Vello:

I feel like getting really hot with you but you don't deserve my tutorship nevertheless, I think you're educationally deficient to imply what checks and balances is not without submitting what it is.
Again, differentiate between suspension and removal (So to speak)
As regards my brain being blocked, guess you should look into your mirror (if you have an original one)
For the sake of emphasis, tell me how else a corrupt case against the head of Judiciary should have been handled with him yet insisting on superintending over his own case
am sure u can read hw elelu who was removed as cj kwara during saraki tenure without Njc input fought for 3 yrs up to Supreme Court and was reinstall back...am sure u were one of those who shouted when Ayo salami was removed illegally without senate inputs during Jonathan time...also sanusi case den as Cbn gorveno...today u are shamelessly supporting same bullshit cos u are a deluded Apc urchin...
Re: Why Buhari Has No Right To Reject Onnoghen’s Resignation – Lawyer by Vello(m): 8:20pm On Apr 21, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
am sure u can read hw elelu who was removed as cj kwara during saraki tenure without Njc input fought for 3 yrs up to Supreme Court and was reinstall back...am sure u were one of those who shouted when Ayo salami was removed illegally without senate inputs during Jonathan time...also sanusi case den as Cbn gorveno...today u are shamelessly supporting same bullshit cos u are a deluded Apc urchin...
I rebuke stupidity from you in whatever name you believe in.
Simple question you're asked is to make a case for the principle of checks and balances. Shikena! Rather, your myopic and deranged mind is taking me nonsense.
Tell me what was Ayo Salami's offence before he was removed. What was Sanusi's crime? What also was Kwara CJ's crime? Simply put, Corruption removed them. This time around, we're removing corruption. Get the difference in your head

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Has No Right To Reject Onnoghen’s Resignation – Lawyer by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:25pm On Apr 21, 2019
Vello:

I rebuke stupidity from you in whatever name you believe in.
Simple question you're asked is to make a case for the principle of checks and balances. Shikena! Rather, your myopic and deranged mind is taking me nonsense.
Tell me what was Ayo Salami's offence before he was removed. What was Sanusi's crime? What also was Kwara CJ's crime? Simply put, Corruption removed them. This time around, we're removing corruption. Get the difference in your head
you are so deluded any explanation is like trying to talk to a dead body good night
Re: Why Buhari Has No Right To Reject Onnoghen’s Resignation – Lawyer by Tanmehin: 8:47pm On Apr 21, 2019
See lawyer o. So an employee who is being investigated for fraud or undergoing disciplinary procedure can resign his employment. Well done
Re: Why Buhari Has No Right To Reject Onnoghen’s Resignation – Lawyer by BabaOrlando: 9:18pm On Apr 21, 2019
israelmao:
Don't mind the hypocrites. Dansuki is there routing in jail because he does not belong. Maina, Boubashir and host of them are free men.
Tinubu is untouchable because he installed Buhari. We shall see

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Has No Right To Reject Onnoghen’s Resignation – Lawyer by Aidejay(m): 10:03pm On Apr 21, 2019
If buhari doesn't reject d resignation I'll be very dissappointed
This is the only thing buhari can do that will make me applaud him

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Has No Right To Reject Onnoghen’s Resignation – Lawyer by Vello(m): 10:05pm On Apr 21, 2019
[s][/s]
OGHENAOGIE:
you are so deluded any explanation is like trying to talk to a dead body good night
Good riddance to bad rubbish
Dottard!

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Has No Right To Reject Onnoghen’s Resignation – Lawyer by maasoap(m): 10:09pm On Apr 21, 2019
jaxxy:
Hmmm

He did well by resigning. In civil climes when sm1 questionable resigns he is given a soft landing and it is looked at as he accepted responsibility for his actions/inaction. Everything isn’t war. Fg should learn maturity and tact.

If he didn’t resign then I would say go after him with the hammer. Now questionable people can resign their appointments when spoken against.

Look at Aunty kemi how long did it take her to resign and was she prosecuted afterwards for it? No

I'm sure that you were aware when the same FG was begging him to quietly resign without making noise. His resignation now is an afterthought, he's trying to cheat. His case is just like that of Olisah Metuh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Ignores Wike, Set To Embark On Campaign With Ayu As Chairman / Policeman Kills Bus Driver For Brushing Patrol Van / Jang Opens New NGF Secretariat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.