Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Jessica's Tears. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Jessica's Tears. (2048 Views)

Jessica's Tears. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jessica's Tears. by Teco2(m): 4:26pm On Apr 21, 2019
It was a dark night; Jessica was on her bed twirling and winding like a fish wince from the pond, then suddenly she found herself in the hospital in front of a doctor.

"Mrs. Jessica, you're two months pregnant" the doctor announced.

"What?" Jessica asked in surprise,.

How could she be pregnant now? seven years, yes, good seven years of her marriage, no child, not even a miscarriage!

"pregnant?" she asked again to reassured herself.

"Yes Madam" the doctor assured her.

This was an extraordinary news; she was obviously overjoyed, in fact, her joy knew no bounds. She would prove to her enemies especially her mother-in-law that she was now a complete woman not an "empty calabash" as she used to called her.

Now, she stood up without saying a word; she moved out of the hospital and got into her Toyota jeep . On her way home, she almost collided with a truck on a high way; her Jehovah saved her; She would have made an unimaginable accident, yet the good news of her pregnancy had beclouded her mind so much that didn't realise that she had narrowly escaped accident that would have claimed her life.

On reaching home, she saw her husband--a short man with a pot, dark like charcoal. Now, she rushed to congratulate him for a job well done, to embrace him, leaping with happiness, shouting in near ecstasy.

"Darling, I'm pregnant" she said happily.

But the husband? not so with him; his face rather was set in a stony expressionless mark as he turned away from his wife who was dashing to envelope him. She was shocked by his response; what was the matter with him? could she have offended him in any way?

"Darling, I'm pregnant and this calls for celebration "

She said again trying to force him to smile but he didn't, instead, he gave her a powerful slap that forced her into a wild loud shout that suddenly woke her up.....

TO BE CONTINUED...

Guys, Your comments and criticisms will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Jessica sat up and contemplated over the dream; what kind of dream was that? she became restless and confused; then suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

"open the door". She heard her mother-in-law saying.

She stood up from the bed and walked to the door and opened it .

"Good morning Mama...I hope there's no problem" she said.

"What? Are you asking me whether there's a problem? why are you shouting at this time of the night? "

Jessica was silent. what explanations could she give to her mother-in-law.

"Oh , I said it...you're a witch but my son would not listen...but very soon I'll destroy the spell you used on my son" she said angrily and left.

That was her plight and the plight of every barren woman in her society. But was it her fault? Had she not visited different hospitals and all the doctors had confirmed that she had no problem? Had she also not visited pastor several times?

"Mrs. Jessica, have Faith in God" the pastor had said in one of her visits. " Have you not read about Sarah in the bible? How long she stayed without a child? " The pastor had asked not for Jessica to answer but to create an impression that her period of childlessness was nothing to compared to that of Sarah in the bible.

"But at last what happened? she conceived and bear Isaac...so be patient Jessica, wait for God's time and he'll surely bless you with children "

That day, Jessica left encouraged. She left with the hope that one day God would bless with a child like Sarah in the bible.But that was then, three years into her marital life and now it was seven years and she wondered if there was hope of conceiving. Nevertheless, she took her Bible and prayed fervently that night till day break.

The next day in the afternoon, Jessica was watching bishop Steven program on the television. Bishop Steven was her favourite man of God . As she was watching, the door flung opened and it revealed Jessica's mother-in-law and a young lady holding a kind of bag Nigerians called 'Ghana must go'. she held the bag tightly as if her life depended on it.

"Good afternoon Mama...Where have you been?" Jessica asked.

But her mother-in-law ignored her as if she was not talking to her.

"welcome to your new home my daughter " Jessica's mother-in-law was talking to the young lady they came together.

"Well..." she continued "come with me my daughter, let me show you your room." They went in and Jessica stood there wondering what was going. A moment later, they returned and saw Jessica still standing there like a statue. The look on her face be like: ' look, I need an explanation to what is going on here". And as if her mother-in-law could read her facial expression, she cleared her throat and began:

"Jessica, this is Amanda, my son's new wife...she came to give him what you failed to give for the past seven years"

Jessica could not believe her ears. She pinched herself to be sure she wasn't dreaming. yes, it was real, happening right there before her. She opened her mouth to say something but nothing came out; then she looked at the lady, from head to toe; then her mother-in-law and thought to herself :

"I'm not saying anything. ..I'm not going to exchange word with her...I'll wait for my husband, oh yes, I'll wait him, let him come back and explain this drama"

With that she went into her bedroom, took her purse and went out.

Jessica was driving around British American road; there was a heavy traffic and took her almost fifteen minutes to passed. But as soon as passed the traffic, her car developed a problem; there was a strange sound coming form the engine. She managed to drive the car off the road to look for a mechanic; fortunately, there was one nearby. The mechanic started working on the car as soon as she drove in. Then, someone drove an ash colour Camry car into the mechanic workshop; looking through the window, the driver of car saw Jessica.

"Jessica " He murmured to himself.

He came out of the car and walked up to Jessica . On seeing him, Jessica opened her mouth in shock; in front of her was Donald--young, tall, well-dressed and well-ground man. She couldn't believe her ears; Was that Donald in front of her? the love of her life!

To be continued....

Please, I really need your words of encouragement to continue this story... What did you like about this story?
Re: Jessica's Tears. by Ann2012(f): 4:34pm On Apr 21, 2019
Following
Re: Jessica's Tears. by Teco2(m): 4:49pm On Apr 24, 2019
Ann2012:
Following
u
new update on the way
Re: Jessica's Tears. by Itunubabs: 2:09pm On Apr 25, 2019
Following
Re: Jessica's Tears. by Teco2(m): 11:10pm On Apr 26, 2019
Itunubabs:
Following

New update tommorow...God's willing
Re: Jessica's Tears. by Teco2(m): 11:14pm On Apr 26, 2019
i
Re: Jessica's Tears. by Teco2(m): 9:29am On Apr 27, 2019
"Jessica, My Jessica" Donald said breaking the lingering silence.

She stared at him without saying a word.

"please, stop staring at me like that....stand up and give me a hug...it's me Donald..don't you recognize me?"

And stood up and held him tight in an embrace, then she lifted her eyes and they beamed into his.

'He's still young and handsome' she thought to herself.

But then, she suddenly disengaged herself from him. No, this isn't right; why was she admiring him? why did she embraced him? No, a married woman was not supposed to that; she must leave now;

"Madam, I don finish your car"

The mechanic's voice broke into her thought.

"ok" She said and then turned to Donald.

"Donald, I'm sorry...but I really need to go...maybe next time" she said and made to leave but Donald held her

"I'm sorry Jesi...i know I hurt you in the past...i left without informing you....but please, give me chance, I need to tell you something...i have been looking for you.

"I think this is not a right place to talk...have my card...i work in Abuja, I came to Jos yesterday for a business trip...I'm staying in a hotel-Crest hotel...Please Jesi, can you meet me there tomorrow? "

The truth is Donald was the love of her life, she had loved him passionately; She had only married that ugly husband of hers because Donald dissapperared and was no where to be found; he disappeared without even informing her where he was going to. But now she was married and to honour his invitation as a married woman and in a hotel for that matter was unthinkable, unacceptable. She would tell him that she was married. She concluded mentally. But when she opened her mouth to say something, nothing came out.

"I shall be waiting for you tomorrow, God's willing" He said .

Her bright eyes glistened at him; the feelings was still there, there in her eyes.

"Jesi, I'll be glad if you honour my invitation" he said again.

"ok, it's ok" she said.

But it was a reluctant answer; not that type from the heart but Donald was satisfied with that. He smiled and she too smiled but hers was a sort of a lying smile!

To be continued....
Re: Jessica's Tears. by Kaycee9242(m): 6:43am On Apr 28, 2019
op u started very well, I hope u won't starve us with updates

1 Like

Re: Jessica's Tears. by Ann2012(f): 7:49am On Apr 28, 2019
Well done OP
Re: Jessica's Tears. by Teco2(m): 12:55pm On Apr 28, 2019
Ann2012:
Well done OP

Thanks!
Re: Jessica's Tears. by Teco2(m): 1:00pm On Apr 28, 2019
Kaycee9242:
op u started very well, I hope u won't starve us with updates

Not at all bro...next update on the way; possibly tomorrow God's willing
Re: Jessica's Tears. by skubido(m): 2:18pm On Apr 28, 2019
Following
Re: Jessica's Tears. by Teco2(m): 3:08pm On Apr 29, 2019
At home, Jessica's husband had returned from Abuja and his mother presented him a new wife.

"But mama , I never told you I wanted a new wife"

"How would you? how would when that witch has used juju on you"

"please Mama, mind the way you talk....my wife is not a witch"

"oh, you want to insult? go ahead and insult me because of that witch you called a wife"

Exchange of words continued between mother and son untill the door flung open. it revealed Jessica.

"Darling, where have you been?" her husband asked as soon as she stepped in. Jessica only smiled without saying a word....

That night of the same day, Jessica lay beside her husband unable to sleep. She was wondering whether to honour Donald's invitation or not. She stared at her husband who was enjoying his sleep,then a part of her told her:

"Yes, that's your husband, he who loves you so so much, why are you thinking of betraying him by visiting another man in a hotel"

But another part of her countered .

"No, Jessica, that's no betrayal...you just want to go there and make things clear to him"

"No..." The other part countered back..

"There's no need to make things clear to him...forget about him and be with your husband"

"No, if you don't make things clear to him, he will search for you wherever you are...just go to him and tell him you're married and whatever you had in the past is no more"

And this very part of her won. She would go and let him know that she was married; that now she belonged to another man and let bygone be bygone.

To be continued...

"
Re: Jessica's Tears. by skubido(m): 4:04pm On Apr 29, 2019
Hmmmmm
Re: Jessica's Tears. by Kaycee9242(m): 4:48pm On Apr 29, 2019
she dy mad, must she go to the hotel to let him know dt she is married? abi phone no dy ni? after now she will be blaming devil. op am following

1 Like

Re: Jessica's Tears. by skubido(m): 8:30pm On Apr 29, 2019
[quote author=Kaycee9242 post=77960083]she dy mad, must she go to the hotel to let him know dt she is married? abi phone no dy ni? after now she will be blaming devil. op am following [/quote

Don't mind her..
Re: Jessica's Tears. by Ann2012(f): 11:37pm On Apr 29, 2019
Jessica.....receive sense oooo
Re: Jessica's Tears. by skubido(m): 9:58am On Apr 30, 2019
Ann2012:
Jessica.....receive sense oooo

No mind her, Mumu way she be,
Re: Jessica's Tears. by izaray(f): 4:36pm On Apr 30, 2019
Thanks for the update dear
Re: Jessica's Tears. by Teco2(m): 10:56pm On Apr 30, 2019
izaray:
Thanks for the update dear

you're welcome
Re: Jessica's Tears. by Teco2(m): 5:10pm On May 04, 2019
Jessica arrived Crest hotel at 1:30pm. She stood at the gate and called Donald on the phone. He came out and picked her up to his room--the hotel room was big and vlean; air conditioner softly blew cold air into the room and the bed was doubled. Jessica sat on the bed but she was uneasy.

"You're welcome...I'm glad you honour my invitation"

He said but she didn't respond.

"so what can you take?" He asked.

"Nothing" she blurted.

Now, he looked at intently and he observed that her countenance was sad.

"Jesi, what's the matter? you look troubled"

Still, she said nothing; but different questions were running through her mind: why was she there in the hotel in the first place? what if someone saw her? How could she have betrayed her husband so cruelly by visiting another in a hotel? No, this is totally wrong; she thought to herself.

"Jesi, my love, what's bordering you?" he asked.

"please, stay away from me..." she shouted, tears slipped from her eyes down to her cheek. "I am....I am...." She couldn't complete her sentence but she was already on her feet about to storm out of the room but Donald held her back.

"Jesi, my Jesi...don't walk out on me...I'll go mad, go crazy if you do"

She stared at him and he stared at her.Ah, in the voice of 2baba:"Everytime that I look into your eyes, I see fire in there and if you look into my eyes, you see desire in there"
And like 2baba, these lovers could see fire burning inside the eyes of each other and the same fire rekindled the old feelings they had for each other.

"I love you Jesi, I've always been dreaming of this moment " He said and like a flash, she found his lips meeting hers. she tried to resist but no, her mouth betrayed her. They kissed and the kiss was so deep so much so that Jessica lost the presence of her mind. His hands moved slowly and unbuttoned her shirt, then he grapped her breasts inside her bra. she moaned and like a twinkle of an eye, she was on the bed and he was on top of her---stark naked!

TO BE CONTINUED...
Re: Jessica's Tears. by Ann2012(f): 10:42pm On May 04, 2019
Hmmmmm

Thanks for the update
Re: Jessica's Tears. by skubido(m): 2:50pm On May 05, 2019
Haaa, forbidden fruit, lobatan

Tanks for the update
Re: Jessica's Tears. by izaray(f): 11:08am On May 06, 2019
Ahh! The worst has happened
Re: Jessica's Tears. by Teco2(m): 5:11pm On May 08, 2019
Weeks after Jessica's meeting with Donald, she began to felt feverish; some parts of her body were gradually changing, especially her breasts. She observed that her nipples were getting bigger and darker; filled with doubt and curiosity, she went to a hospital. And after several tests, the doctor confirmed that she was pregnant, Yes, Jessica was pregnant!

'No, this can't be, how can I be pregnant? seven years, good seven of my marriage...no pregnancy...but...but...' she thought to herself.

She held the doctor; she wanted to be sure it wasn't a dream; Oh yes, she could feel the doctor, he was right there before her in the flesh. She stood up; her husband must hear this, o yes, she was going to tell him the good news right away.

'But....but...this isn't your husband's pregnancy' a part of her reminded her.

Now, fear gripped her. The smile that had brightened her beautiful face suddenly melted away like a dark cloud; Oh yes, for the past two months, there wasn't any sexual relationship with her husband; the only person she had had sex with him during those periods was Donald. Yes, Donald was the father of her unborn child. But she was worried; how would she tell the world that the pregnancy she was carrying was not that of her husband? How will her husband react? will he kill her? Now, she was in a dilemma: was she to lie to her husband? tell him that he was the father of her unborn child or just tell him the truth and face the consequences of rejections?

She went home without any resolution, perhaps she wanted to sort it over at home. She got into her room; her husband had just left the room; he had come back for a document that was required in his place of work and in a hurried, he had forgotten some papers on the bed. Jessica's eyes registered on those papers; she picked them up and was stunned at what she saw. In one of those papers was her husband's secret---it was a medical report which had long been hidden away from her; the report had it that her husband was suffering from a low sperm count which was caused by an inherited disorder known as klinefelter syndrome and consequently, he cannot father a child. Jessica opened her mouth in dismayed;no, that was the highest level of wickedness, how was she going to describe her husband? No, that was not a husband, he was her enemy--her enemy for life!

TO BE CONTINUED...

2 Likes

Re: Jessica's Tears. by Ann2012(f): 9:38pm On May 08, 2019
Nawa ooooo

Thanks for the update
Re: Jessica's Tears. by Kaycee9242(m): 9:42pm On May 08, 2019
nawaoooo op u are doing a great work keep it up
Re: Jessica's Tears. by skubido(m): 12:42pm On May 09, 2019
O ga
Re: Jessica's Tears. by izaray(f): 1:34pm On May 09, 2019
Wahala dey
Re: Jessica's Tears. by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 14, 2020
Teco2:

Jessica arrived Crest hotel at 1:30pm. She stood at the gate and called Donald on the phone. He came out and picked her up to his room--the hotel room was big and vlean; air conditioner softly blew cold air into the room and the bed was doubled. Jessica sat on the bed but she was uneasy.

"You're welcome...I'm glad you honour my invitation"

He said but she didn't respond.

"so what can you take?" He asked.

"Nothing" she blurted.

Now, he looked at intently and he observed that her countenance was sad.

"Jesi, what's the matter? you look troubled"

Still, she said nothing; but different questions were running through her mind: why was she there in the hotel in the first place? what if someone saw her? How could she have betrayed her husband so cruelly by visiting another in a hotel? No, this is totally wrong; she thought to herself.

"Jesi, my love, what's bordering you?" he asked.

"please, stay away from me..." she shouted, tears slipped from her eyes down to her cheek. "I am....I am...." She couldn't complete her sentence but she was already on her feet about to storm out of the room but Donald held her back.

"Jesi, my Jesi...don't walk out on me...I'll go mad, go crazy if you do"

She stared at him and he stared at her.Ah, in the voice of 2baba:"Everytime that I look into your eyes, I see fire in there and if you look into my eyes, you see desire in there"
And like 2baba, these lovers could see fire burning inside the eyes of each other and the same fire rekindled the old feelings they had for each other.

"I love you Jesi, I've always been dreaming of this moment " He said and like a flash, she found his lips meeting hers. she tried to resist but no, her mouth betrayed her. They kissed and the kiss was so deep so much so that Jessica lost the presence of her mind. His hands moved slowly and unbuttoned her shirt, then he grapped her breasts inside her bra. she moaned and like a twinkle of an eye, she was on the bed and he was on top of her---stark naked!

TO BE CONTINUED...

And she's my name sake o...Ahh....This world.
Re: Jessica's Tears. by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 14, 2020
Teco2:
Weeks after Jessica's meeting with Donald, she began to felt feverish; some parts of her body were gradually changing, especially her breasts. She observed that her nipples were getting bigger and darker; filled with doubt and curiosity, she went to a hospital. And after several tests, the doctor confirmed that she was pregnant, Yes, Jessica was pregnant!

'No, this can't be, how can I be pregnant? seven years, good seven of my marriage...no pregnancy...but...but...' she thought to herself.

She held the doctor; she wanted to be sure it wasn't a dream; Oh yes, she could feel the doctor, he was right there before her in the flesh. She stood up; her husband must hear this, o yes, she was going to tell him the good news right away.

'But....but...this isn't your husband's pregnancy' a part of her reminded her.

Now, fear gripped her. The smile that had brightened her beautiful face suddenly melted away like a dark cloud; Oh yes, for the past two months, there wasn't any sexual relationship with her husband; the only person she had had sex with him during those periods was Donald. Yes, Donald was the father of her unborn child. But she was worried; how would she tell the world that the pregnancy she was carrying was not that of her husband? How will her husband react? will he kill her? Now, she was in a dilemma: was she to lie to her husband? tell him that he was the father of her unborn child or just tell him the truth and face the consequences of rejections?

She went home without any resolution, perhaps she wanted to sort it over at home. She got into her room; her husband had just left the room; he had come back for a document that was required in his place of work and in a hurried, he had forgotten some papers on the bed. Jessica's eyes registered on those papers; she picked them up and was stunned at what she saw. In one of those papers was her husband's secret---it was a medical report which had long been hidden away from her; the report had it that her husband was suffering from a low sperm count which was caused by an inherited disorder known as klinefelter syndrome and consequently, he cannot father a child. Jessica opened her mouth in dismayed;no, that was the highest level of wickedness, how was she going to describe her husband? No, that was not a husband, he was her enemy--her enemy for life!

TO BE CONTINUED...
Oh,no Jessica!He's not an enemy..That's your husband and like they say,for better...For worse..U shouldn't have betrayed him and thrown away whatever thing you two shared..How tragic.

(1) (Reply)

ALUU 4 (a Poem Dedicated 2 D Late Uniport Students) / Perfect Flaws / The Nigerian Revolution And The Biafran War By Alexander A. Madiebo-pdf Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.