Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,267 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Smile Network Hacked??? - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Smile Network Hacked??? (2732 Views)

Asaba Internet Users - Get Your Smile Network Now / Smile 4g Lte Wi-fi And Router At Affordable Price / Best 4g Lte Network In Ikorodu(spectranet,swift And Smile) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Smile Network Hacked??? by fadedayo: 5:18pm On Apr 21, 2019
Has anyone had problems with their smile mifi device today?

It appears that the device may have been hacked today. My modem name defaulted to "Jisatsu" and no longer passworded.

Smile users, please be careful lest our information is compromised.

Cheers!
Re: Smile Network Hacked??? by owoshine: 8:32pm On Apr 21, 2019
Hi

Yes, their network has been hacked. Luckily I try not to visit non-https sites, and I have a virtual machine on my laptop running a pfsense secure router instance, which manages my office VPN connections, DNS and any other secure sites I need to visit.
I noticed when I tried to connect my phone to the Jisatsu network and it took me to some captive portal page, demanding bitcoin to release the router.
I think this was the reason (or one of,) for the over 8-hour Smile network outage on Saturday.
They are saying nothing so far, except for the usual 'sorry for network outage' SMSes.

1 Like

Re: Smile Network Hacked??? by hexgear(m): 10:21pm On Apr 21, 2019
You can find an explanation of what went wrong here: http://naibac.com/blog_page.php?id=783

You can also find detailed steps with picture guides on how to fix it here: https://twitter.com/SamuelBoham/status/1119786617009524736

1 Like

Re: Smile Network Hacked??? by ilewalex(m): 4:49am On Apr 22, 2019
I think every device (router) that was on at that point in time was hacked. Please, guys, don't connect to Jisatsu. @hexgear thanks for the link

1 Like

Re: Smile Network Hacked??? by owoshine: 8:04am On Apr 22, 2019
Twitter instructions work, thanks!
One would think smile would say something about it.
Re: Smile Network Hacked??? by Lokoyen(m): 10:00am On Apr 22, 2019
I don't have issues here.
Re: Smile Network Hacked??? by owoshine: 10:20am On Apr 23, 2019
Fix does not appear to be permanent, there are still issues internal to smile that is making this 'Jisatsu' reappear.
Turned on my mifi this morning and lo, Jisatsu network again.
Re: Smile Network Hacked??? by esqbeats: 12:13pm On Apr 26, 2019
I tried the step by step explanations on twitter, but my mifi is still stuck on the hack notice. Pls how did y'all get off that page?
Re: Smile Network Hacked??? by Ayula96(m): 11:16pm On Dec 09, 2023
esqbeats:
I tried the step by step explanations on twitter, but my mifi is still stuck on the hack notice. Pls how did y'all get off that page?
How did you get to this point

(1) (Reply)

Samsung S9 For Sale / The Best Place To Trade Ur Gift Cards & Bitcoin @bms.technology Ltd / Going cheap now for 350k 29000w PMPO with 2300w RMS Lg Hi-fi System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.