Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Man Murders Landlord Over Eviction Notice ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Murders Landlord Over Eviction Notice ? (514 Views)

Ekiti Estate Residents Report Fayose To IG Over Eviction. / Maiduguri Residents Threaten To Confront JTF Over Eviction Order, Others / CPC Faces Eviction From Its National Headquarters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man Murders Landlord Over Eviction Notice ? by MRMoneyE(m): 2:54pm On Sep 16, 2010
[b]The police in Lagos on September 15, 2010 paraded a 45-year-old man, Julius Sossu, who allegedly stabbed his landlord to death after being given a notice to quit his one-room apartment located at Morogbo area of Ikorodu in Lagos State.

Mr Sossu had on September 9, 2010 at about 6am woken his landlord, John Olatunji, aged 65, on the pretext that smoke was coming out of his car.

Panicked, Mr Olatunji went to see for himself. But as he checked the car, Mr Sossu then stabbed him severally on the head and stomach.

He said his landlord had continually disturbed his peace, the latest time involving him and his landlord fighting for three days over him quiting his abode before he stabbed him to death.

“Last September when him first give me notice, him force me to sign. So this time when he inform me say he want to write quit notice give me, I tell am make him wait. Na from there problem start,” said Mr Sossu.

Mr Sossu who claimed to be a block moulder, said both him and his landlord attended the same white-garment church in their neighbourhood, adding that he was not in his senses on the morning he stabbed his landlord.

“I no know dey thing I dey do at that moment. I no know why I dey carry knife,” he said, however denying he was suffering from any mental illness,

The police spokesman, Frank Mba said the suspect was not happy his landlord had asked him to quit by the end of September and decided to injure him, with the intention of making him change his mind.

“The suspect claimed his landlord gave him quit notice from his one-room apartment up to the end of September, 2010. He claimed he was not happy over this. He decided to inflict injuries on him, hoping it would change his mind. On the faithful day at about 5 am., he went to knock at the door of the landlord, one John Olatunji, 65, and told him that smoke was coming out from his car . The landlord hurriedly came out to check his car.” He said.

“After being stabbed, the landlord collapsed and was taken to a private hospital, but he died three days later due to the injuries sustained at different parts of his body,” Mr Mba said.

Mr Mba added that Mr Sossu would be charge to court soon, upon conclusion of ongoing investigation.[/b]

Re: Man Murders Landlord Over Eviction Notice ? by MRMoneyE(m): 2:55pm On Sep 16, 2010
why do people take laws in their hand,look at what he caused to himself.Instead of him looking for a way to reduce his problem by looking for money,he added to his problem,well he has to deal with it.

(1) (Reply)

Which Presidential Candidate Would You Vote In 2011? / We Have Terminal Loadin Of Forcados If You Are A Buyer With No Hassle / Nigeria: The Hidden Cost Of Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.