Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Ekiti Set For First Mountain Safari (tourists To Climb Ofin Mt, Iyin-ado Ekiti) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ekiti Set For First Mountain Safari (tourists To Climb Ofin Mt, Iyin-ado Ekiti) (1590 Views)

Arsenal Beat Watford 3 - 2 To Climb Into Premier League Top Four / John Meadows 'Mountain Dog' Dies Unexpectedly (Photos) / Wikki Tourists FC Bus Burnt In Accident (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Set For First Mountain Safari (tourists To Climb Ofin Mt, Iyin-ado Ekiti) by daveP(m): 2:57am On Apr 22, 2019
Ekiti state is set to Join the list of states that will be included in the Top 10 states in Nigeria where Tourists can travel to or visit for Hiking.
This will be the very First of its Kind as the #DiscoverEkiti Team will lead several tourists and Ekiti Indigenes For First Mountain Safari.

Ekiti State derives its name from the moulds and mountains which characterised its topography on which the people planted themselves.

At the creation of states and nations which make up Nigeria, the people who are found in pockets of settlements on the hills, mountain and moulds in the north- western part of the Yoruba land were referred to as the Okiti people. They are the people who planted their settlements on moulds, hills and mountains.

But for effective pronunciation and language enhancement, ‘Okiti’ ‘Ekiti’ as we now have the it.

Tourism investors, cultural entertainment enhancers, and professional tourism package hosting concerns who have seen Ekiti as a paragon of tourism now have the confidence of turning their dreams of Ekiti tourism into realities.

Thus, Hike Ekiti Mountain Safari, an organisation being propelled by Michael Peculiar, has set Monday, 22 April (Easter Monday), as the day of hosting the first ever Mountain Safari in Ekiti State.

According to Peculiar “Being a mountain safari buff and patron with copious experience in Morroco, Dubai and Yobe State, I have come to the realisation that Ekiti is the home of mountain safari. I have this on my own when I first took a tour of Ofin Mountain – Ado Ekiti and walked the ridges of Efon Alaye – Ido – Ile – Ido Ajinare – Erio, falling in love with the praying ground on top of the hills, the flora and fauna, the panoramic views the birds, and the cluster of the forest. I then decided that this year, Ekiti must hold its first ever mountain safari trek in Easter.”

Peculiar added: “We are kicking off from Ado–Ekiti and head for Iyin Ekiti. It is going to be an interesting adventure which will not only showcase Ekiti State as mountain safari tourism destination, but a State with the best geographical template for mountain for hiking “

cc: Lasticlala
Read full Article here-
https://www.tribuneonlineng.com/198706/

You can Connect to DiscoverEkiti and follow the action on Social media by clicking these links
https://twitter.com/Discover_Ekiti
https://www.instagram.com/discoverekiti/
https://web.facebook.com/discoverekiti/

CALL 08145502813 for SPONSORSHIP & ENQUIRIES

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekiti Set For First Mountain Safari (tourists To Climb Ofin Mt, Iyin-ado Ekiti) by solotutu(m): 3:11am On Apr 22, 2019
This is going to be Awesome! whoever is joining them tomorrow will meet me there smiley

see how big this mountain is! like seriously Ekiti is fulll of unExplored Mountains. and yet they don't rate Ekiti state as a state to visit for Hiking or for tourists to come and visit. its about time ohh

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Set For First Mountain Safari (tourists To Climb Ofin Mt, Iyin-ado Ekiti) by LogoDWhiz(m): 5:33am On Apr 22, 2019
Cc: lalasticlala
Re: Ekiti Set For First Mountain Safari (tourists To Climb Ofin Mt, Iyin-ado Ekiti) by PurestBoy(m): 1:04pm On Apr 22, 2019
Do we have those hiking equipments in Nigeria? Make person no go hit head for rock

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Set For First Mountain Safari (tourists To Climb Ofin Mt, Iyin-ado Ekiti) by AlphaTaikun: 8:56am On Mar 21, 2022
daveP:
Ekiti state is set to Join the list of states that will be included in the Top 10 states in Nigeria where Tourists can travel to or visit for Hiking.
This will be the very First of its Kind as the #DiscoverEkiti Team will lead several tourists and Ekiti Indigenes For First Mountain Safari.

Ekiti State derives its name from the moulds and mountains which characterised its topography on which the people planted themselves.

At the creation of states and nations which make up Nigeria, the people who are found in pockets of settlements on the hills, mountain and moulds in the north- western part of the Yoruba land were referred to as the Okiti people. They are the people who planted their settlements on moulds, hills and mountains.

But for effective pronunciation and language enhancement, ‘Okiti’ ‘Ekiti’ as we now have the it.

Tourism investors, cultural entertainment enhancers, and professional tourism package hosting concerns who have seen Ekiti as a paragon of tourism now have the confidence of turning their dreams of Ekiti tourism into realities.

Thus, Hike Ekiti Mountain Safari, an organisation being propelled by Michael Peculiar, has set Monday, 22 April (Easter Monday), as the day of hosting the first ever Mountain Safari in Ekiti State.

According to Peculiar “Being a mountain safari buff and patron with copious experience in Morroco, Dubai and Yobe State, I have come to the realisation that Ekiti is the home of mountain safari. I have this on my own when I first took a tour of Ofin Mountain – Ado Ekiti and walked the ridges of Efon Alaye – Ido – Ile – Ido Ajinare – Erio, falling in love with the praying ground on top of the hills, the flora and fauna, the panoramic views the birds, and the cluster of the forest. I then decided that this year, Ekiti must hold its first ever mountain safari trek in Easter.”

Peculiar added: “We are kicking off from Ado–Ekiti and head for Iyin Ekiti. It is going to be an interesting adventure which will not only showcase Ekiti State as mountain safari tourism destination, but a State with the best geographical template for mountain for hiking “

Read full Article here-
https://www.tribuneonlineng.com/198706/

You can Connect to DiscoverEkiti and follow the action on Social media by clicking these links
https://twitter.com/Discover_Ekiti
https://www.instagram.com/discoverekiti/
https://web.facebook.com/discoverekiti/

CALL 08145502813 for SPONSORSHIP & ENQUIRIES
Wow! Breathtaking sceneries from Ekiti State. That State should be a major tourism destination.

I visited the Ikogosi Warm Springs for the last time ever in 2001. The chain of rocky and green hills stretching from Ekiti to Osun States (while driving in the car) were incredibly beautiful! wink

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Set For First Mountain Safari (tourists To Climb Ofin Mt, Iyin-ado Ekiti) by daveP(m): 11:19am On Mar 21, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

Wow! Breathtaking sceneries
from Ekiti State. That State should be a major tourism destination.

I visited the Ikogosi Warm Springs for the last time ever in 2001. The
chain of rocky and green hills stretching from Ekiti to Osun States (while driving in the car) were incredibly beautiful! wink

wow! That's a long time ago. The greenery is therapeutic. Much has changed for Good currently though. cool

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Set For First Mountain Safari (tourists To Climb Ofin Mt, Iyin-ado Ekiti) by LogoDWhiz(m): 8:04pm On Mar 23, 2022
This is awesome

Ile Uyi, Ile Eye

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Set For First Mountain Safari (tourists To Climb Ofin Mt, Iyin-ado Ekiti) by Kbs468(m): 7:44pm On Apr 20, 2022
LogoDWhiz:
This is awesome

Ile Uyi, Ile Eye
What's up with you Presido! This is kbs468, Your Attorney General and Minister of information at Golden City NYSC Nairaland 2016 group

Kindly reach out to me on 0.8.1.6.8.7.0.2.1. WhatsApp

I have a secondary school classmate that is contesting for House of Assembly Membership 2023 under PDP

(1) (Reply)

How To Rectify"this Site Can't Be Reach" Error On Hesgoal / Africa Cup Of Nations Matches On Monday, 21.1.08 / British Psychic Predict World Cup Win For Ghana Black Stars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.