Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,975 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Nine Years After.. Dagrin Still Lives On - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nine Years After.. Dagrin Still Lives On (29849 Views)

Teddy Don Momoh Remaries After Nine Years / 10 Years After, Dagrin Lives On / Olamide Pays Tribute To Dagrin Ahead Of His 8th Years Remembrance Tomorrow. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nine Years After.. Dagrin Still Lives On by Afonja007: 12:37pm On Apr 22, 2019
Meliaen:

Bolanle and Monica. But that's not indigenous to me.
is what to you then ?you want to take other peoples glory and give someone else?
Re: Nine Years After.. Dagrin Still Lives On by Meliaen(f): 12:37pm On Apr 22, 2019
His death will always be a mystery to me. Did he know he would die? Could he be what yorubas call emere?
Re: Nine Years After.. Dagrin Still Lives On by Meliaen(f): 12:38pm On Apr 22, 2019
Afonja007:
is what to you then ?you want to take other peoples glory and give someone else?

What is this dindinrin saying? You took this too personal. Who is taking whose glory?

1 Like

Re: Nine Years After.. Dagrin Still Lives On by madjune(m): 1:18pm On Apr 22, 2019
obembet:

Just mention any better musician in Igbo land

We get Flavour naa.

You heard of Psquare too?
Re: Nine Years After.. Dagrin Still Lives On by Denikayan: 1:21pm On Apr 22, 2019
Rest on Bro!
Re: Nine Years After.. Dagrin Still Lives On by Denikayan: 1:22pm On Apr 22, 2019
Meliaen:
His death will always be a mystery to me. Did he know he would die? Could he be what yorubas call emere?

It's just usual for musicians to sing about their death. His, was just a time coincidence
Re: Nine Years After.. Dagrin Still Lives On by updatechange(m): 1:25pm On Apr 22, 2019
Rest on my day one nigga Dapo Olaitan Olaonipekun aka Dagrin... DApo Greatest Rapper In Nigeria (DAGRIN). cry
Re: Nine Years After.. Dagrin Still Lives On by greypencils: 1:25pm On Apr 22, 2019
Carlyboi:
Dagrin wud arguably go down as one of Nigeria’s top 10 contemporary/hip/pop musician of all time also his Ceo album should easily make the Top 10 I think it’s only MIs talk bout it that is close enough.....dagrin is one of my favorite artiste of all time foreign and American acts included!i think the guy had an amazing sense of music Ceo would Always be a classic from kondo to ghetto dreams to Thank God what bout gboro or everyday or Pon Pon!
WORD BRO! Personally, Ghetto Dreams is still my All time favorite indigenous rap song...not just the rap but also the sick beat and Sossick's chorus...
Re: Nine Years After.. Dagrin Still Lives On by updatechange(m): 1:29pm On Apr 22, 2019
Denikayan:

It's just usual for musicians to sing about their death. His, was just a time coincidence

That's what I always tell some mumu ppl dat always assumed he joined one cult or did jax to blow.

Dagrin is a fvcking legend

1 Like

Re: Nine Years After.. Dagrin Still Lives On by Deltatoto: 1:29pm On Apr 22, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
will u geroout... Perv
u want me to tell d world how I opened ur Toto ?and how it’s smells?
Re: Nine Years After.. Dagrin Still Lives On by Nobody: 1:36pm On Apr 22, 2019
Deltatoto:
u want me to tell d world how I opened ur Toto ?and how it’s smells?
If it gives you succor, Kindly do. Wetin human beings never see or never hear? Ignoring u from now attention seeker
Re: Nine Years After.. Dagrin Still Lives On by greypencils: 1:36pm On Apr 22, 2019
Meliaen:

Bolanle and Monica. But that's not indigenous to me.
Their rap was more of pidgin english than indigenous

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nine Years After.. Dagrin Still Lives On by ogene144(m): 1:39pm On Apr 22, 2019
Barrack O grin,Omo Ogun,Dagrin pls who knw his house for Meiran...
Re: Nine Years After.. Dagrin Still Lives On by zlantanfan: 2:12pm On Apr 22, 2019
madjune:

We get Flavour naa.

You heard of Psquare too?
nothing like psquare just rudeboy and Mr p who are struggling to get noticed

Flavour is just a sissy for gym and sex he has no content

1 Like

Re: Nine Years After.. Dagrin Still Lives On by zlantanfan: 2:16pm On Apr 22, 2019
Dagrin was the only street rapper till date that spoke the pulse of the street to anyone concerned.

He wasn't scared of death to say his mind (just like fela his mentor ) if he was here today he really would have stood up against SARS that kills youths.

Not all these Methuselah tuface that can't even stand an SMS ultimatum

2 Likes

Re: Nine Years After.. Dagrin Still Lives On by RexTramadol1: 2:19pm On Apr 22, 2019
backnbeta:

He died before 2010

He died 2010
Re: Nine Years After.. Dagrin Still Lives On by madjune(m): 2:23pm On Apr 22, 2019
zlantanfan:
nothing like psquare just rudeboy and Mr p who are struggling to get noticed

Flavour is just a sissy for gym and sex he has no content

Lol. Its ok.

You and i know Psquare as a group holds an undeniable legacy as far as Nigerian contemporary music is concerned.
Forget about their split or name change etc.
Re: Nine Years After.. Dagrin Still Lives On by zlantanfan: 2:29pm On Apr 22, 2019
madjune:

Lol. Its ok.

You and i know Psquare as a group holds an undeniable legacy as far as Nigerian contemporary music is concerned.
Forget about their split or name change etc.
held.

They are past tense.

Jackson five today is history just like destiny kids (Beyonce group).

1 Like

Re: Nine Years After.. Dagrin Still Lives On by Afonja007: 2:29pm On Apr 22, 2019
Meliaen:

What is this dindinrin saying? You took this too personal. Who is taking whose glory?
bia adaka enwe I know why am lamenting ooh cus junior and pretty can not just wash thier hands finish in other to break palm kernel for chickens
Re: Nine Years After.. Dagrin Still Lives On by zlantanfan: 2:37pm On Apr 22, 2019
Afonja007:
bia adaka enwe I know why am lamenting ooh cus junior and pretty can not just wash thier hands finish in other to break palm kernel for chickens
lol,

No be who first start use native language sing na who gave it the standard and definition.

I guess nigga raw started with Igbo but phyno is Igbo standard.

Do you think cdq and his crap would have been called father of indeginous rap just because na him first start am?
Re: Nine Years After.. Dagrin Still Lives On by backnbeta(f): 2:40pm On Apr 22, 2019
RexTramadol1:

He died 2010
Thanks...I thought he died in 2009.
Re: Nine Years After.. Dagrin Still Lives On by Meliaen(f): 2:43pm On Apr 22, 2019
Afonja007:

Junior and pretty sang in pidgin na. That's not indigenous. That said Raw started igbo rap.
Re: Nine Years After.. Dagrin Still Lives On by Godskidk(m): 2:46pm On Apr 22, 2019
adaksbullet:
i we no abused today cos his dagrin dayn idiot
Are you for real?
You're a murderer for doing this to English
Re: Nine Years After.. Dagrin Still Lives On by Afonja007: 2:46pm On Apr 22, 2019
zlantanfan:
lol,

No be who first start use native language sing na who gave it the standard and definition.

I guess nigga raw started with Igbo but phyno is Igbo standard.

Do you think cdq and his crap would have been called father of indeginous rap just because na him first start am?
anyways if dagrin is first indigenous rapper from south west junior and preety with nigger raw first and second from SE angry
Re: Nine Years After.. Dagrin Still Lives On by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 22, 2019
vivalavida:
I still remember that night vividly. I was reading and practicing with dumps for my oracle SQL exams when the news came over the radio. I froze and tears actually dropped from my eyes. I am igbo but u made me fall in love with Yoruba rap despite the fact I wasn't understanding anything u said. I don't think we have been able to have another rapper that delivers his lines and rhymes the way u do.
Rip barrackogrin, akogun, omoita, lyrical were.
No, we have not. Olamide or whoever else is out there can't even come close to being like him. They copy but are just a bootleg version of Dagrin! Dagrin was in a class of his own and headed for greatness. Very unfortunate his life was cut short so suddenly.

3 Likes

Re: Nine Years After.. Dagrin Still Lives On by Nobody: 2:54pm On Apr 22, 2019
The Dopest Indigenous Rapper Olaitan Oladapo Olaonipekun Dagrin, aka Fimile jor, lyrical werey, CEO (Chief Executive Omo-ita)

Rest on DAGRIN,Evergreen

1 Like

Re: Nine Years After.. Dagrin Still Lives On by Biopeyemi: 3:13pm On Apr 22, 2019
Rest in peace dagrin
Re: Nine Years After.. Dagrin Still Lives On by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 22, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Don't know y he passed so soon.

Remember rocking to his Kondo Lyrics back in School! Good old days. Igborotidaru join craze our heads too sha
kondo, hmmm.

Re: Nine Years After.. Dagrin Still Lives On by vivalavida(m): 3:57pm On Apr 22, 2019
Vellichor:
No, we have not. Olamide or whoever else is out there can't even come close to being like him. They copy but are just a bootleg version of Dagrin! Dagrin was in a class of his own and headed for greatness. Very unfortunate his life was cut short so suddenly.

Spot on

3 Likes

Re: Nine Years After.. Dagrin Still Lives On by PythonAmaka: 4:14pm On Apr 22, 2019
ibkayee:
RIP Dagrin

I was torn when he died
BecaciaBarbie:

I cried so much and I think I went for his burial....
Meliaen:
Dagrin a.k.a Ladies in trouble, a.k.a Fimile Jo grin

-python amaka
Re: Nine Years After.. Dagrin Still Lives On by luuvv: 4:15pm On Apr 22, 2019
If God give me the opportunity to recall 3 people from the grave,
1. My mum
2. **
3. Dagrin
His lyrics are always sequencial and soothing to ears.
Re: Nine Years After.. Dagrin Still Lives On by PythonAmaka: 4:23pm On Apr 22, 2019
To baje rap le fe ra, ke ma ra

To baje reggae le fe she, ke ma she

To baje Fuji le fe ko, ke ma ko.. Ewo ni werewere everyday.

Dagrin was talking a dose of sense into fake MCs.. asking 'em to fix up their lives.

RIP Akogun, Omo Ogun.

-python amaka

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Teni Entertainer: I Wrote 'Like Dat' For Davido. Fans React, Slam Her / Damilola Adegbite Shares Post Pregnancy Selfie With Chris Attoh / Mofe Duncan And Jessica Kakkad's Marriage Crashes After 3 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.