Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,957 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

Why You See Wetin You Dey See For Facebook. - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Why You See Wetin You Dey See For Facebook. (360 Views)

Airtel Crashes Monthly Social Bundle Data Subscription For Facebook And Whatsapp / Steps To Get Recover Code For Facebook / Wetin you dey find? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why You See Wetin You Dey See For Facebook. by Mrdecent(m): 10:00am On Apr 22, 2019
Why you see wetin you dey see for Facebook.

�Do you know why sexual enhancing drugs ads flock your timelines? Ask yourself the sites you do visit after leaving Facebook ..just be sincere with yourself ohh... �

When I check some profiles on Facebook, I could easily guess the kind of paid ads that would always appear on their timelines.

When you login into your Facebook account you will notice some posts with “sponsored” tags. If you are not into social media marketing you may not understand this, but let me try to explain to you how it works.

Those sponsored ads are sent to targeted audience. You are targeted based on two factors ;

1, user inputted data – that is ,what you told Facebook about yourself, e.g. , your age, location, occupation, where and what you studied etc.

2. You are targeted also based on your other activities on Facebook and other sites. That is, the sites you visit and your reactions to Facebook pages (likes, love, cry and angry), what you post, upload, pages you follow etc. Also, what you do offline; where you visited, travel to etc. the type of phone you use. So many of it…

USERS’ INPUTTED DATA.

Age -You are 25 years old but you told Facebook that you were born in 1953 (66 years old). The implication of this is that, you will only see ads that has to do with old people. Ads like, the sales of branded walking sticks, wheel chairs, hypertension, stroke and diabetics ads, While you will miss out on ads that are targeted at youths which may include educating programs, travel opportunities, seminars, conferences etc. I don’t know why people do this. If you don’t want people to know your age, just put the date and hide the year . why the age that is very close to your ancestors? Why the evil to yourself?

-Location- you are in Ekiti but you told Facebook that you are in Lagos, Abuja , California or Porto Rico. The implication is that you will miss ads targeted at Ekiti people which may include opportunities.

-Occupation - Some students are CEO and bankers on their profiles. “You are doing yourself”. I hope you know what you have caused yourself by this simple nonsense. A teacher in real life but working in an oil company on Facebook. The ads you see can’t be useful for you ooh. You will miss on teachers programs fah!

Besides all these, Facebook can target you based on where you work. For instance, I can target all the staff of COHEST, ABUAD, OAU, for any ads in as much they are there on their profile.

OTHER ACTIVITIES ON FACEBOOK, OTHER SITES AND OFFLINE.

Let’s come to your activities outside Facebook. If you are always angry through digital emotional reactions, you are killing yourself. Facebook would tag that as if you hate similar posts, page, content or such personality. Whatever it is, Facebook records it that way and miss you out on similar ads.

Facebook ads is so funny that, for each picture you upload on Facebook it would be scanned to know if its fake or original .Facebook algorithm is that powerful. It can be used to determine who is rich or poor. Yes, you can target rich or average people with this. Your phone type can be used to target you too and Facebook knows how long you have been using it.

When you signed up to use Facebook, part of the agreement we failed to read was that, your data would be used for ads purposes .

There are so many opportunities flying around on social media, the first step is to have correct data of yourself on Facebook and other social media platforms . Start with your correct name, age, what you do etc.... Be mindful of your privacy too, you don't need to reveal too much as well. Make use of the "only me button".

Whoa! Seems I can teach and run Facebook ads for you ooh. Oya pm�
Re: Why You See Wetin You Dey See For Facebook. by TANID(m): 10:52am On Apr 22, 2019
grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Let Us Design Your Website / . / ....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.