Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,034 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Help Needed On 2011 Hyundai Sonata - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Needed On 2011 Hyundai Sonata (1246 Views)

I'm to Choose b/w 2002 Lexus ES300 and 2011 Hyundai Elantra; Help me decide / The 2020 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid And Its Solar Roof / 2020 Hyundai Sonata Unveiled – Photos, Details And Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Needed On 2011 Hyundai Sonata by Johnmokan(m): 11:14am On Apr 22, 2019
My 2011 hyundai sonata landed on naija soil some weeks ago. I decided to take it for thorough washing(interior and exterior) to make it look quite clean and presentable. Unfortunately after the washing, i drove it home, parked the vehicle, started it the next morning, lo and behold, the airbag light came on. What could have been the problem and what can the solution possibly be? Your candid response is needed please ��

Re: Help Needed On 2011 Hyundai Sonata by larrixauto2017(m): 11:49am On Apr 22, 2019
Johnmokan:
My 2011 hyundai sonata landed on naija soil some weeks ago. I decided to take it for thorough washing(interior and exterior) to make it look quite clean and presentable. Unfortunately after the washing, i drove it home, parked the vehicle, started it the next morning, lo and behold, the airbag light came on. What could have been the problem and what can the solution possibly be? Your candid response is needed please ��
Hello sir we can not guess what the problem is unless you go for computerized scanning. And did you check the history of the car with the use of the (VIN) befor buying it. Cause it might be an accidented one which the airbag module will have store the record which may trigered the light anytime. Or in the case of the washing the might have also tampered with the system. But firstly get the car scan. Thank you.
Re: Help Needed On 2011 Hyundai Sonata by Johnmokan(m): 2:10pm On Apr 22, 2019
The car has a clean history. I'm also guessing that the washing had tampered with the system. Thanks a lot
Re: Help Needed On 2011 Hyundai Sonata by larrixauto2017(m): 4:02pm On Apr 22, 2019
Johnmokan:
The car has a clean history. I'm also guessing that the washing had tampered with the system. Thanks a lot
You are welcome
Re: Help Needed On 2011 Hyundai Sonata by Onyx2T(m): 4:39pm On Apr 22, 2019
larrixauto2017:
Hello sir we can not guess what the problem is unless you go for computerized scanning. And did you check the history of the car with the use of the (VIN) befor buying it. Cause it might be an accidented one which the airbag module will have store the record which may trigered the light anytime. Or in the case of the washing the might have also tampered with the system. But firstly get the car scan. Thank you.
Smh.
If airbag light will come on it will, It's not something that comes on later.
Re: Help Needed On 2011 Hyundai Sonata by Onyx2T(m): 4:40pm On Apr 22, 2019
Johnmokan:
Your interior was thoroughly washed with water.
Check your airbag module for corosion .
Clean the ports of corosion is present and water didn't get to it internally .
If module is completely damaged. replace it

(1) (Reply)

Avalon Urgently Needed / The 9 Accredited Honda Dealers In Nigeria / Diagnostic Scanners : From Diy To Top Level Diagnostic Tools. Follow This Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.