Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings (40870 Views)

Israel Cuts Off Electricity, Food, lay Complete Siege On Gaza. Bombings Continue / Mass Suicide Bombings At Two Mosques In Pakistan. 60 Dead, 100 Injured (graphic) / ISIS Claims Responsibility For Sri Lanka Bombings: Shows Pictures Of Attackers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings by ifyboy60(m): 9:02pm On Apr 22, 2019
Sterope:
That is an account of history according to western Europe. There is another one, the account of history according to Arab Muslims.

Unfortunately, the winner dictates the narrative.

in the real sense of it, the winner was the Muslims because most of the countries they conquered are still Muslim. eg. Tunisia, Egypt which used to be governed by the Coptic Bishops is now 90% Muslims.
Turkey used to be Christians but is now 98% Muslim etc.

The history was recorded by both Christian and Muslim scholars and everyone knew the Crusades started coz Muslims took Jerusalem from the church.

the Muslims believe it was rightfully ders coz of the al-qasa mosque and Allah's dominion over all.

the Christians were defending wats already there's.

do u know that the Muslims took parts of Spain, Portugal, Hungary, Romania and attacked Italy.

they were always the aggressors and the Crusades were launched to push them back.

1 Like

Re: Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings by ifyboy60(m): 9:12pm On Apr 22, 2019
proxillin:

I won't argue with you cuz I see u have no knowledge of what u say. And to read is a problem.

But note this like a layman.

1. Crusade was a Roman Catholic war against jews Christians and muslims when things go sour between islam and catholic. It was not a joint war..Christians were largely victims.

Catholic used islam to conquer Jerusalem. Just the way Cia is using isis to conquer middle east.

U are very funny and after this I won't reply ur jokes again.
it seems u have ur own different version of history.

Catholics were controlling Jerusalem before Mohammed was born.

Egypt is the home of St. Augustine before Islam was born.

Muslims took northern Spain and a crusade was launched to drive them back to North Africa.

Muslims almost took Austria, and the Austrias were saved by a Catholic coalition led by the king of Poland.

Muslims attacked Malta, Malta was defended by the knights of St John.

The Crusades were defensive in nature and was not against other Christians. The Christians who fled to America fled from the UK. and the UK is Anglican not catholic.

stop listening to beer parlour analysis, get a good internet connection and enlighten ur mind.

conspiracy theories about the Catholic Church is both baseless and St.pid coz during the time of the early crusades there were no Pentecostals and evangelicals everyone was just Christian. catholic as a name came out much later.

Shalom.

3 Likes

Re: Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings by TommyAnthem(m): 9:27pm On Apr 22, 2019
It amazes me why they keep referring to what happened eons ago to justify their actions in this present age. When I hear such references I just shudder inside, the world is in serious trouble. Nothing on earth will make me draw blood of my fellow man, even my worst enemy. But some people get orgasmic excitement Whenever there's mass killings, and they are quick to tell you that it is divinely inspired.
Kyllahmc:
those are dark times,,, humans were still in the dark and ignorant then, people then only lived to conquer more lands through war,,, it was a very normal thing then.
The first crusade was even launched to "retrieve" the holy land(Jerusalem) from the Muslims who "conquered" it.. After pope uban preached about it in a sermon.

Those days are gone, we should be more concerned about a religion that still feels killing "non believers" is normal and the right thing to do in this 21st century
Re: Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings by Guyman02: 9:49pm On Apr 22, 2019
fowlyansh181:
This right here is why Trump won

And this is why he will win reelection despite his stupidity on some other issues
Re: Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings by MightySparrow: 9:50pm On Apr 22, 2019
olaks4real:
are you getting more confiused grin grin grin.
BY their bomb you shall know them
Re: Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings by Malawian(m): 10:20pm On Apr 22, 2019
Empiree:
In case you are not comfortable with "always", it also goes like this:

O you who believe! Keep your duty to Allah and fear Him, and speak the truth.

You feel better now?
I asked a simple question. Was "always" in that verse, or did you add it yourself?
Re: Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings by Kolping: 10:25pm On Apr 22, 2019
"We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one."
1 John 5:19 (New International Version)

The evil (or wicked) one is Satan. The children of God (Bible-believing Christians) are not under the control of Satan.

All the world leaders you see are actors playing out their roles for their master. It's all a show.

It reminds me of Shakespeare's play As You Like It - "All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players; They have their exits and their entrances, And one man in his time plays many parts, His acts being seven ages."
Re: Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings by nelsonoba: 10:32pm On Apr 22, 2019
helinues:
Where was God/Jesus when the terrorist was about to detonate the bombs?

RIP to the dead

Where was God/Jesus when you were about to go into that room to commit fornication the other day? God told man not to commit murder and he also told man not to commit fornication, but I'm still waiting for him to come and stop you from committing any of the sins he commanded against before I will question him on why he didn't stop other wicked people from committing murder

1 Like

Re: Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings by Empiree: 10:41pm On Apr 22, 2019
Malawian:

I asked a simple question. Was "always" in that verse, or did you add it yourself?
what difference does it make?. What are you insinuating?.

If you are not comfortable with that how about this

Prophet Muhammad (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) said,

“Forgive him who wrongs you; join him who cuts you off; do good to him who does bad to you and speak the truth even if it be against yourself.”

1 Like

Re: Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings by anambraamaka: 10:46pm On Apr 22, 2019
Obama akpa amu
Re: Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings by olaks4real(m): 11:00pm On Apr 22, 2019
MightySparrow:
BY their bomb you shall know them
grin grin grin,find ur mate to exchange words.
Re: Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings by viktagorion: 11:03pm On Apr 22, 2019
Trump will win again. CNN and the far left can then go and commit suicide.
Re: Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings by Ayobami7(m): 11:22pm On Apr 22, 2019
Na wa o
Re: Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings by abula112(m): 11:37pm On Apr 22, 2019
Sterope:
It is not about religion. It is about some idi.o.ts believing they are better than others and willing to kill a lot of people for what they beleive in.

exactly, and its called extremist, and in every religion
Re: Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings by wisdomkid: 12:38am On Apr 23, 2019
CreepyBlackpool:
Christianity is the largest religion on earth.

But for some reason Christians always seem to believe the entire world is against themundecided

Funny how no one ever talks about the Christian crusades

When did the Christian crusades happen?
What caused the Crusades in the first place?

Uninformed people thinking they know it all. Evil thing you are.
Re: Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings by maxwell530(m): 1:55am On Apr 23, 2019
Ever since I was born and started reading historical books, I have never seen where it was written that Anglicans,Catholics or Christians took Islamic land or country but I have seen a lot of non Muslim country or empire that later become full islam.
Anybody that know the real story behind how Egypt,Tunisia, Turkey became 90% Muslim will fear Islam.

Romance with those fanatics and your land will be conquered before you know it, Ilorin Afonja as a case study.
Re: Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings by profmallor: 2:36am On Apr 23, 2019
Obama and Donald Trump work for the same purpose, to usher in a New world order that upholds racism, anti-gays laws and a brand of Islamophobia. Mr Donald needed a spinless Obama to grasp power and as much as a lot of Christian love to believe that Donald Trump is the rescuer of the Christian faith, its all a big ruse.

There was the new Zealand incident of killing Muslims and now there was Bombing of Christians on Easter, frankly speaking I believe it was retaliatory. would this spur more counter retaliatory acts, most likely, is there going to be an end to this trend at this time when there is so mush racism and fear in the world?. I dont think so

This is exactly the environment that was meant to precede the anti christ's ascension to power. He is meant to step in when there is so much chaos in the world. Let no one be deceived, No Trump is stopping no anti christ, No Obama was stopping any anti christ and surely no Nigerian Government is even close to wishing to stop any anti christ.

All this is the beginning of some really dark days ahead. WE all need Christ in our lives, none of us can stop this.
Re: Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings by rkennyking(m): 3:10am On Apr 23, 2019
If you know the number of Muslims in Mogadishu, Iraq and other places being persecuted just because the western world wants to influence how they do their things . Libya is still so fresh in ones mind, Obama and Clinton and all this people have information that we don't have , it will be very funny to see terrorism and extremism as the problem of the world but close eyes to the problem of cultural and territorial invasion. Tell me one good reason Iraq is completely disatablize today. Tell me if its possible for any country or league of countries to stand up against united States on our it's people are being governed. Yes to a large extent we have to frown at practices we dont condole but going on in sovereign nations but there should be limit to interference. I am not making a case for terrorism or supporting it but until the day the western world desist from invading sovereign nations and destabilising same these occurrences may never end. We need to start seeing the occupation of sovereign nations by world super powers as terrorism too. Nobody is saying dont influence but must it be inform of wars. What is wrong with diplomacy in the Arabian world. Can't we have diplomacy in place. Why can't united nations interfere diplomatically In its member nations in Arabian why the show of force and power on other nations territory
Re: Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings by henryobinna(m): 3:39am On Apr 23, 2019
AZeD1:

Actually, there are people who only go to church once in a year and they go during a holiday.
maybe you did not see the part where I said 99% and not 100%.

Moreover what are they doing in church sight seeing or what exactly, abeg stop deceiving yourself
Re: Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings by Nobody: 4:32am On Apr 23, 2019
ntyce:
Hotels were also bombed.
Not everyone in the hotel would have been a Christian?
Sri Lanka is 75% Hindu, so it's expected that some Hindus would have been in the hotel's as well...

Do you know that NZ has 5% muslim community and that attack that happened in the mosque prompted those two to mention Muslim in their tweet.

1 Like

Re: Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings by Nobody: 4:33am On Apr 23, 2019
AZeD1:

Actually, there are people who only go to church once in a year and they go during a holiday.

Stop copying arguments from Twitter and think for yourself. You don't have any original thought?

1 Like

Re: Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings by Abayomin70(m): 5:19am On Apr 23, 2019
proxillin:
Donald Trump was a gift from Jehovah. No wonder they want him impeached..removed..

And if u r a christian and u keep attacking trump, u r an idiot
God bless you,thats what I tell people but they don't get it
Re: Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings by ntyce(m): 5:22am On Apr 23, 2019
Dudeweedlmao:

Do you know that NZ has 5% muslim community and that attack that happened in the mosque prompted those two to mention Muslim in their tweet.

The NZ attack was selective, the targets were specific.
The occupiers of the Sri Lanka hotels were of diff backgrounds..

You expected Obama to say... Christians killed in church, Hindus and Buddhist killed in hotel....
Even those affected didn't complain..
Re: Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings by Nobody: 5:31am On Apr 23, 2019
ntyce:

The NZ attack was selective, the targets were specific.
The occupiers of the Sri Lanka hotels were of diff backgrounds..

You expected Obama to say... Christians killed in church, Hindus and Buddhist killed in hotel....

And what is wrong with mentioning two religion in the same tweet? Mention another religion that believes the resurrecting of Christ.

Even those affected didn't complain..

Is this a joke or what? Why would they have time to complain when they are with their affected loved ones?

1 Like

Re: Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings by hermesprogidy(m): 6:13am On Apr 23, 2019
Has anyone read Trump's tweet on the Sri Lanka bombing? He didn't mention the word "Christian" once!! not once!!!. I will always maintain this. If you are a Trump supporter, you are either ignorant, mind numbingly stupid or plain evil.

1 Like

Re: Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings by helinues: 6:20am On Apr 23, 2019
nelsonoba:

Where was God/Jesus when you were about to go into that room to commit fornication the other day? God told man not to commit murder and he also told man not to commit fornication, but I'm still waiting for him to come and stop you from committing any of the sins he commanded against before I will question him on why he didn't stop other wicked people from committing murder

So fornication is now equivalents to terrorist killing? 3daful
Re: Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings by hareskay(m): 8:16am On Apr 23, 2019
[ But I never said the Muslims were responsible. Stay blessed ]God bless you, keep telling your brothers that taking another man's life is never justified for any reason.
Re: Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings by nelsonoba: 8:59am On Apr 23, 2019
helinues:

So fornication is now equivalents to terrorist killing? 3daful

Young man, Sin is Sin! If it is sin, it leads to the same hell, whether fornication or murder. Don't get it twisted!
Re: Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings by DedeNkem: 9:28am On Apr 23, 2019
Religion is evil! You see how these so-called christians viciously attacked Obama and Hillary because they didn't use "christian".
Re: Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings by MightySparrow: 11:21am On Apr 23, 2019
olaks4real:
grin grin grin,find ur mate to exchange words.
Find yours to exchange bombs.
Re: Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings by Sterope(f): 12:48pm On Apr 23, 2019
You mean when the Arabs decided to expand after recapturing their cities. Maybe one day, Christians will blame Jews for Holocaust and Pogrom. Well, some
so called 'Christians'' are already doing that.

Also If I were to go by the usual narratives, every Muslim will contribute towards terrorism. The toll of Muslim victims will not come directly from supposed Islamic terrorist groups but the non-muslim armies like US/NATO armies and Boko Haram will never attack mosques etc.

I am not only blaming Western countries, Russia, Arab nations and Iran have a share in these war crimes against Muslims.

ifyboy60:

in the real sense of it, the winner was the Muslims because most of the countries they conquered are still Muslim. eg. Tunisia, Egypt which used to be governed by the Coptic Bishops is now 90% Muslims.
Turkey used to be Christians but is now 98% Muslim etc.

The history was recorded by both Christian and Muslim scholars and everyone knew the Crusades started coz Muslims took Jerusalem from the church.

the Muslims believe it was rightfully ders coz of the al-qasa mosque and Allah's dominion over all.

the Christians were defending wats already there's.

do u know that the Muslims took parts of Spain, Portugal, Hungary, Romania and attacked Italy.

they were always the aggressors and the Crusades were launched to push them back.
Re: Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings by Sterope(f): 12:50pm On Apr 23, 2019
Are you kidding me?

Haven't you heard that the man is God sent?
hermesprogidy:
Has anyone read Trump's tweet on the Sri Lanka bombing? He didn't mention the word "Christian" once!! not once!!!. I will always maintain this. If you are a Trump supporter, you are either ignorant, mind numbingly stupid or plain evil.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Clinton Crowd Shocked And Tense As Trump Nabs Swing States / Jammeh Of Gambia Speaks With Liberia President On Phone, Pleads On His Case / Female Israeli Soldier Rescued In Raid On Gaza

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.