Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,342 members, 7,822,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh (2901 Views)

Buhari, Not Jonathan, Responsible For Refineries Resuming Production / Why Can’t Christians Produce A Buhari? – Rev. Moses Iloh / Reverend Moses Iloh: A Cleric's View On Presidential Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by monkeyleg: 11:30am On Sep 17, 2010
Now this is what I want to see.

The obvious truth. Please let us keep sentiments aside and reason logically here, and by the way before we start pointing fingers at tribes. I am from the ND so should have sentiments with GJ, but I dont. For a very simple reason, I am not convinced that GJ has what it take to move Nigeria forward, and if I am honest. he did not nothing for his state when he was governor.

So please let us leave all this tribe issue and deal with the main thing, GJ does not qualify to be President material, and if we are fair, he does not stand heads and shoulders above any candidate, including IBB. And yes I am a Christian, and I will be prepared to Vote for Buhari, because I feel that he has the desire and conviction, and will to fight the deep issues that plague our country.
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by monkeyleg: 11:32am On Sep 17, 2010
@Macroguy, what is wrong with Moses Iloh? he is just as quslified as anyone (including you), to make bold comments when he deems fit, but he speaks the truth.
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by KnowAll(m): 11:47am On Sep 17, 2010
and I will be prepared to Vote for Buhari, because I feel that he has the desire and conviction, and will to fight the deep issues that plague our country.

[size=14pt]Dude you would have to go back in time for Buhari to redeem himself unfortunately the nation has moved on and we are in the year 20 something we cannot be thinking of voting for someone from a bygone era who ruled in the 1980’s. Can u imagine the Americans thinking of voting Jimmy Carter in the year 2010, Nigerians should grow up and smell the coffee.

The 3 credible candidates for this election are all men in their late 40’s and early 50’s and they are Goodluck, Saraki and Ribadu one of them would definitely hitch it, presumably the incumbent would get it because of his clout and all the resources available to him.[/size]
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by coolbet007: 11:58am On Sep 17, 2010
Goodluck is not fighting corruption now does not mean he does not have balls to fight corruption ever. A smart politicians knows that in a time and country like this and in his situation, there are certain areas you don't tread, in order to get what you want.

If Jonathan creates an impression now that he will fight corruption, i bet u, non of the governors will support his 2011 presidential ambition, because they don't want anybody that will encourage a fight against corruption.

I believe he's only playing his politics well. Just watch him when re-elected.
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by Abagworo(m): 12:02pm On Sep 17, 2010
Buhari is way more solid and competent than any of the candidates.At least I was grown up enough during the ptf years to notice his impact across Nigeria.Only Buhari can fight corruption because he is free from it.Buhari however killed his own popularity by making religious remarks.
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by monkeyleg: 12:17pm On Sep 17, 2010
Goodluck was the guvnor of Bayelsa state, what did he achieve there? Goodluck came in to power about 6mths ago, and has shown, very little initiatve, including a lack of understanding of the true nature of the problems the country faces.

Lets not forget the $150m that was spent buying presidential jets, as well and over 12BN approved for independence day celebration, lets not even talk about 87bn approved for (soon to fail) voters register. Please where is the prudence in the government. Where is the uderstanding of the issues that really face Nigeria. Most importantly GJ belongs tho a party that has made it thier sole aim to wreck Nigeria as a country, so we can all continue to deceive ourselves and hope that someday we can buy champagne with beer money.
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by marvix(m): 12:36pm On Sep 17, 2010
monkeyleg:

Goodluck was the guvnor of Bayelsa state, what did he achieve there? Goodluck came in to power about 6mths ago, and has shown, very little initiatve, including a lack of understanding of the true nature of the problems the country faces.

Lets not forget the $150m that was spent buying presidential jets, as well and over 12BN approved for independence day celebration, lets not even talk about 87bn approved for (soon to fail) voters register. Please where is the prudence in the government. Where is the uderstanding of the issues that really face Nigeria. Most importantly GJ belongs tho a party that has made it thier sole aim to wreck Nigeria as a country, so we can all continue to deceive ourselves and hope that someday we can buy champagne with beer money.

What achievement are you looking for. Are there fuel queues in the area you stay, or do you buy fuel above the regulated price at any fuel station. How short our memory seems to be. This is only one, what achievements do other contenders have, look forward brother!!!

Are you deceived to think that we can develop in one day,one month one year or even one decade?

The task of nation building is a marathon not a sprint, a student who starts in JSS1 cannot be asked if he can solve differential calculus.

Jonathan has lasted this long because of the way he has played his politics and Buhari is losing relevance even among his people because of the way he plays his politics.

Abagworo:

Buhari is way more solid and competent than any of the candidates.At least I was grown up enough during the ptf years to notice his impact across Nigeria.Only Buhari can fight corruption because he is free from it.Buhari however killed his own popularity by making religious remarks.

No arguements Abagworo but can buhari play the politics to get to the presidency. he has a good shot at it this period but can he get the right people to support him, can he sell himself. politics just like marketing is a persuasive act not a compelling act, have you watched how Jonathan is trying to reach out across all divides to ensure that he gets support, even Jesus who did all that was right lost an election to a criminal with Pilate as umpire.

If buhari wants to be president he must not look down on any of his associates or political opponents, he must strategise, he can play the role of a God father and push a Ribadus presidency, he can take a Duke for VP reach out to Ribadu to pledge his(Ribadus) support for him, get fashola and Tinubu to align with him, reach out to some of our past corrupt leaders and individuals every body is important even if you will jail them later.

My vote can not be wasted by voting Buhari and he losing and Jonathan by losing my vote and support also losing and then Ibb coming out to win and set my nation 25yrs backward, God forbid.

Please let us all be civil in our arguments, Jonathans wife moving money does not imply that Jonathan can not lead this country to a better place if not even the promised land.
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by monkeyleg: 12:54pm On Sep 17, 2010
So we dont have feul queues, hurray!!!. Same can be said for other governments. We must get away from the flash in the pan politics we engage ourselves in that country. Gj does not show deep understanding on how to run a country like ours, and by the way I saw you failed to respond to the reckless way he and his government have spent money since they got in.

I never understand why we always even after so long fall for cheap tricks, I guess because we are Nigerians. A people never prepared to do the right things to move our country forward.
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by muhsin(m): 1:02pm On Sep 17, 2010
True talk, Pastor. Although I fear he'll not win.
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by Beaf: 1:04pm On Sep 17, 2010
monkeyleg:

So we dont have feul queues, hurray!!!. Same can be said for other governments. We must get away from the flash in the pan politics we engage ourselves in that country. Gj does not show deep understanding on how to run a country like ours, and by the way I saw you failed to respond to the reckless way he and his government have spent money since they got in.

I never understand why we always even after so long fall for cheap tricks, I guess because we are Nigerians. A people never prepared to do the right things to move our country forward.

Like which ones? The ones that made us into fuel importers? Which ones? Is it the ones that deliberately ran down our refineries?
I am waiting to learn.
Not only has GEJ cured the fuel scarcity problem, there are 3 refineries being built.

[size=14pt]Goodluck Nigeria![/size]
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by hercules07: 1:25pm On Sep 17, 2010
@Knowall,

You started the talk about palace coup now, Abacha eased out IBB, how come Abacha was not retired along with the other Generals. It was a palace coup same as what IBB did to Buhari. You might not like Buhari for some other things, but. please do not come up with this nonsense about palace coups making someone unworthy of being a leader.
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by Pk001(m): 1:56pm On Sep 17, 2010
Lets not be deceived,  Buhari  can never fight corruption like the way he did during his military rule. The reason is simple. The modus operandi are different. Then it was Decree now it is Constitution . Laws have to be obeyed. You cant jail a man until he is proven guilty and wasnt the case during his military rule. Period!

Anyway is good but not the best so he cant win. Let Iloh look  for someone else to recommend under this dispensation.
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by hercules07: 2:22pm On Sep 17, 2010
The presidency controls 55% of the Nation's budget, if Buhari can make sure that the 55% is well utilized and he does not dip his hand into the till, we would have gone a long way in solving our problems; by the way, Nigerian democracy allows you to do all sorts o, if he is ready to incarcerate someone for ever, there are lawyers that will give him the low down on how to do it, just ask Al-Mustapha.
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by monkeyleg: 2:51pm On Sep 17, 2010
The song being sand for GJ for sang for Yar Adua, at that time vigorously challeneged why he should be President, and we are falling into the same trap again today. We are so easily given to cheap tricks, that is our country Nigeria.

The only reason people give for not picking Buhari is that he is from the past, not that he is not deserving of the top job, and it that case people are quite happy to let sentiments cloud thier judgement. I for one find GoodLuck Jonathan very incapable of that position, but as the saying goes, Nigerians get the leaders they deserve.
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by Kobojunkie: 2:58pm On Sep 17, 2010
Is Buhari even running?
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by marvix(m): 4:04pm On Sep 17, 2010
Beaf:

Like which ones? The ones that made us into fuel importers? Which ones? Is it the ones that deliberately ran down our refineries?
I am waiting to learn.
Not only has GEJ cured the fuel scarcity problem, there are 3 refineries being built.

[size=14pt]Goodluck Nigeria![/size]

Beaf please educate monkeyleg.

Babaginda was the architect of fuel scarcity in this country when he could not by being forward thinking build more refineries, Abacha was the foundation engineer who ensured that we became importers of the worlds rejected fuel, Obasanjo was the clownish builder who raised the structure by adding high level corruption to fuel supply and painted fuel scarcity with subsidy removals.

Is it not worthy to note that the govt of Yaradua and Jonathan has not gone ahead to remove subsidy, they have not also made us beg that they remove the subsidy like Obj always made us do.

Fuel prices moved twice in this administration and both times went down.

It is important that we remove the subsidy but has this govt forced it down on us, instead they have engaged in dialogue and this dialogue still continues.

monkeyleg:

So we dont have feul queues, hurray!!!. Same can be said for other governments. We must get away from the flash in the pan politics we engage ourselves in that country. Gj does not show deep understanding on how to run a country like ours, and by the way [size=8pt]I saw you failed to respond to the reckless way he and his government have spent money since they got in.[/size]

What do u want me to say in response to the spending, are u in the govt to be able to clearly define those expenses as reckless, you only made sentimental judgement on the expenses.

Can a nation be 50 twice, so if we decide to celebrate with 12b so what some people would get jobs while this money is being spent.

The issue with 12b or 120naira should be accountability.

The 12b for independence anniversary can not deny us funds for building schools if we want to, or roads if we want to.

Jonathan as president is the beginning of a future that we can all look forward to, it really does not matter if u see it or not, but we are all here and we would see.
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by 9ijaMan: 4:54pm On Sep 17, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Is Buhari even running?
Yes he's running. His party is CPC.
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by monkeyleg: 11:06am On Sep 18, 2010
@Marvix,

You know most times Nigerians let sentiments cloud thier judgement. If you see the careless spending Jonathan and his cronies have made as prudent, then I have nothing to say. Maybe someday we will all learnt to be mature in our political thinking.

So a country is never 50 twice means we should bankrupt ourselves in the process of celebration. Well done. A country that has so under achieved spends 12bn celebrating and there is nothing wrong with that.
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jan 08, 2011
Buhari will tackle corruption
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by 9ijaMan: 4:26pm On Jan 08, 2011
He's done it b4 and should not find it difficult to do it again.

coolbet007:

Goodluck is not fighting corruption now does not mean he does not have balls to fight corruption ever. A smart politicians knows that in a time and country like this and in his situation, there are certain areas you don't tread, in order to get what you want.

If Jonathan creates an impression now that he will fight corruption, i bet u, non of the governors will support his 2011 presidential ambition, because they don't want anybody that will encourage a fight against corruption.

I believe he's only playing his politics well. Just watch him when re-elected.

Going by your line of thought, it's ok for GEJ to compromise now, dine with the devils and then wield the stick when he gets elected. Where in the world have you ever seen that happen. You have just confirmed what every sane Nigerian already knows, GEJ will do anything including lickingas many a.s.s.e.s as possible so long as he gets elected.

If a man has no scruples, he sure does not deserve to lead Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by mensdept: 2:45am On Jan 09, 2011
Buhari is 1983 to 1985. Those days are long gone. I can't imagine grownups are advocating for his second coming, a coup plotter who people are rebranding as "a serious man", " a no nonsense man", "that he's the ONLY one who can do this and that",

And you wonder why when you land at MMI from London, you know that something bad has happened in another part of the world
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by Mobinga: 4:20am On Jan 09, 2011
All these blind Jonathan supporters sef. Are you guys really that dull?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by 9ijaMan: 11:44pm On Jan 09, 2011
mens dept:

Buhari is 1983 to 1985. Those days are long gone. I can't imagine grownups are advocating for his second coming, a coup plotter who people are rebranding as "a serious man", " a no nonsense man", "that he's the ONLY one who can do this and that",

And you wonder why when you land at MMI from London, you know that something bad has happened in another part of the world
At least sensible Nigerians can imagine the fact that Buhari is head and shoulders above the rest. The only arguments most of you anti-Buhari have is either he came in thru the barrel of a gun or he's from the past. Can you guys come u[ with something less sentimental?
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by mensdept: 2:37am On Jan 11, 2011
9ijaMan:

At least sensible Nigerians can imagine the fact that Buhari is head and shoulders above the rest. The only arguments most of you anti-Buhari have is either he came in thru the barrel of a gun or he's from the past. Can you guys come u[ with something less sentimental?

I hope that wasnt your attempt to be serious.

It's not surprising that we lead the continent in imports of generators and I'm sure kidnapping because we are too accepting of rubbish. Buhari overthrowing, maiming, plundering, and casting the nation into chaos with a COUP is not something that should be swept under the rug because he is a "Nigerian". Imagine, a coup plotter, who even with ANPP is the Head of State/Only Candidate for the past 3 presidential elections and counting, should now come and head our democracy? Fools

Because you accept nonsense and military rule doesnt mean that we, "SENSIBLE" Nigerians do or ever did.

Bringing back a dictator that ruled from 1983 to 1985 in 2011 is also a BIG DEAL, and can't be kept on the down low.   

So if these reasons are "sentimental" then na wah for you and your family.
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by Nobody: 5:24am On Jan 11, 2011
@mens dept

You are either extremely ignorant about Buhari or you are the son of one of the hundreds of corrupt politicians Buhari imprisoned when he attempted to stamp out corruption. Or are you the son of one of the drug pushers he tried and executed when found guilty?

Corrupt people are petrified of Buhari's second coming as presdient, as they know he would put them in jail.
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by Kobojunkie: 5:33am On Jan 11, 2011
mens dept:

It's not surprising that we lead the continent in imports of generators and I'm sure kidnapping because we are too accepting of rubbish. Buhari overthrowing, maiming, plundering, and casting the nation into chaos with a COUP is not something that should be swept under the rug because he is a "Nigerian". Imagine, a coup plotter, who even with ANPP is the Head of State/Only Candidate for the past 3 presidential elections and counting, should now come and head our democracy? Fools

Casting the country into chaos? When did that happen?

mens dept:
Because you accept nonsense and military rule doesnt mean that we, "SENSIBLE" Nigerians do or ever did.
You mean the same SENSIBLE class of Nigerians who have allowed the decay of Nigerian society to continue to this very minute?

mens dept:

Bringing back a dictator that ruled from 1983 to 1985 in 2011 is also a BIG DEAL, and can't be kept on the down low.   

hhmmm . . .
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by sammyzacks(m): 7:17am On Jan 11, 2011
Rev Ilo, cool down.
Buhari will not be the man for this time and age. He was good, but does not fit today.

Jonathan Sambo is the way to go.
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 11, 2011
GEJ has not impacted Nigerians' lives after almost a year in power. Buhari impact was almost immediate
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by 9ijaMan: 6:56pm On Jan 11, 2011
mens dept:

It's not surprising that we lead the continent in imports of generators and I'm sure kidnapping because we are too accepting of rubbish. Buhari overthrowing, maiming, plundering, and casting the nation into chaos [/b]with a COUP is not something that [b]should be swept under the rug because he is a "Nigerian". Imagine, a coup plotter, who even with ANPP is the Head of State/Only Candidate for the past 3 presidential elections and counting, should now come and head our democracy? Fools

I doubt if you know the meaning of chaos as you stated in your comment above. Buhari is on record to date to have led one of the most orderly and well disciplined administration. You must have been a toddler when Buhari was head of state. How many of your blind followers of GEJ have you read from stating that Buhari led a chaotic government?

If you refer to Buhari's era as the C-in-C as being chaotic, how would you described today's government being led by GEJ. I'll advice you to go and seek knowledge about Buhari from your people, those who were not corrupt when Buhari led the country. If you ask the corrupt ones, you'll certainly learn nothing!
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by maclatunji: 8:12pm On Jan 11, 2011
Buhari has the game to win the next elections and forget the strategy of Jonathans camp, it is going nowhere. Goodluck to you, goodluck to me, goodluck to everybody, good luck Nigeria. Whats that supposed to mean. The man should get better publicists.
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by maclatunji: 8:12pm On Jan 11, 2011
Buhari has the game to win the next elections and forget the strategy of Jonathans camp, it is going nowhere. Goodluck to you, goodluck to me, goodluck to everybody, good luck Nigeria. Whats that supposed to mean. The man should get better publicists.
Re: Buhari Is The Solution, Not Jonathan - Rev Moses Iloh by abagoro(m): 6:26am On Jun 20, 2015
GenBuhari:
GEJ has not impacted Nigerians' lives after almost a year in power. Buhari impact was almost immediate

Just like you wrote this in 2011 when we all saw what others could not see, the impact of Buhari is already here. The refineries are about to work again. This is just the beginning.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Elephant Tusks For Sale / Wikileaks: Sss Coordinates Payment Of Ransom To Kidnappers / Why Did Ojukwu Kill Victor Banjo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.