Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Base Your Criticism On Facts, Saraki Replies Tinubu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Base Your Criticism On Facts, Saraki Replies Tinubu (24723 Views)

Nigerians Know The Truth, Peter Obi Replies Tinubu / Be Fair In Your Criticism Of My Administration, Buhari Tells Elite / "I Work On Facts,You Work On Figures"—PMB Counters Nigeria Being Poverty Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Base Your Criticism On Facts, Saraki Replies Tinubu by olajide8(m): 7:10pm On Apr 22, 2019
titiloyeblog:
@titiloyeblog.com

Senate President Bukola Saraki has charged the national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Asiwaju Bola Tinubu to dwell on facts in his criticism of the leadership of thae Senate.

Tinubu had, in a statement on Monday, defended his role in aligning with the APC in the choice of preferred candidates for the leadership of the two chambers of the federal legislature in the emerging Ninth Assembly.

The APC chieftain also knocked the leadership of the Senate for working at cross purposes with President Muhammadu Buhari on key government policies, particularly, the processing of the annual budget.

But Saraki, in a statement Abuja by his media adviser, Yusuph Oloniyonu, decried what he described as Tinubu’s “quarterly attacks” on the President the Senate.

Saraki said the APC leader’s statement contained untruth, fallacies and misrepresentations, adding that it was another effort to sell a concocted narrative about the Eighth National Assembly and its leadership.

The statement said: “First, he alleged that national budgets were delayed, distorted, padded, new projects introduced, funds for projects reduced, “to halt progress of government”.

“It is unfortunate that a man like Tinubu who had been in the Senate (though for 22 months and under a military regime) should not have a better understanding of how the legislature works.

“The passage of budgets is definitely not the exclusive responsibility of the leadership of the Senate.

“Most of the work is done by the various committees. These committees are headed by Senators representing different parties.

“It is the level of co-operation between the committees and the MDAs in the timely defence of the budget proposals and the ability of the two chambers of the National Assembly to reconcile their figures that usually determine how soon the budget is passed.

“To put the blame of budget delay on the Senate President or Speaker can only be mischief, or at best, playing to the gallery.

“It is also a known fact that any so-called delay in the passage of budgets under the Eighth National Assembly is traceable to the refusal of heads of MDAs to defend the budget proposals for their agencies on time.

“Last year, the President himself had to direct the Secretary to Federal Government to compel heads of MDAs to appear before the National Assembly committees following the report made to him by Dr. Saraki and Speaker Yakubu Dogara.

So, if a man like Tinubu is spreading this falsehood about budget passage and delay being deliberately orchestrated by the National Assembly leadership, one wonders whether he tries to even understand what happens in the federal legislature at all or is that the only thing that is of interest to him is ‘jockeying and maneuvering for influence’, as he puts it.

“To further make the points here clear, we invite Tinubu to look at the records of the time of submission of budgets and their passage since 2010 and he will see that with the exception of the 2013 budget which was passed on December 20, 2012, all the budgets have been passed between March and May of the same fiscal year.

“This should give him a better understanding of the fact that the date the Appropriations Bill is submitted to parliament and the readiness of the MDAs to defend the proposals submitted, as well as timely agreement on the figures by both chambers of the National Assembly, are the main determining factors in when the budget is eventually passed. So, Tinubu should see that the facts cannot support his spins and fake narrative”.

Saraki challenged Tinubu to cite specific instances where the Senate President and the leadership of the legislature sought to pad the budget with pet projects, as alleged.

Taking the APC leader to task about the allegation, Saraki charged Tinubu to be graceful enough to substantiate this allegation, insisting it was careless, irresponsible and callous.

Demanding that Tinubu withdraw the said statement, Saraki said it’s the constitutional responsibility of the National Assembly to review the proposals sent by the executive and where it deems necessary, it is within the power of the legislature to make changes.

source: https://www.titiloyeblog.com/2019/04/base-your-criticism-on-facts-saraki.html

What is mesujamba shataki saying again, the budget has been with them since December we are in April soon to enter may 5 months and it has not' been passed, isn't' it obvious who the culprits are? When the wicked rule the innocent are flogged black and blue
Re: Base Your Criticism On Facts, Saraki Replies Tinubu by Meritocracy: 7:15pm On Apr 22, 2019
Saraki has joined wailer team with jersey No9. Wailer team top striker.
Re: Base Your Criticism On Facts, Saraki Replies Tinubu by GeorgeTheCoder: 7:24pm On Apr 22, 2019
SimplePlan34:
I need money. Serious money

Hustle. Start small. Have a plan. Grow. Reinvest your profits. Invest in your education. Seek to provide value. Grow your network.

1 Like

Re: Base Your Criticism On Facts, Saraki Replies Tinubu by IvarTheTerrible: 7:26pm On Apr 22, 2019
bionixs:
you have no point,educated illiterate

Says a daft asslicker grin grin

1 Like

Re: Base Your Criticism On Facts, Saraki Replies Tinubu by IvarTheTerrible: 7:27pm On Apr 22, 2019
abbiboy:

Am such u did not read the article If u did maybe u will have something more meaningful to say...lazy Nigerian youth worshiping a demon that has destroyed ur youthful thinking!

When you get an education, get back to me. For now, i can not buy Paracetamol just because i want to read a Nairaland comment.

2 Likes

Re: Base Your Criticism On Facts, Saraki Replies Tinubu by Bimpe29: 7:37pm On Apr 22, 2019
Politics gone wrong.
Re: Base Your Criticism On Facts, Saraki Replies Tinubu by kinzation(m): 7:50pm On Apr 22, 2019
Facebook page with 11k likes urgently for sale contact 08139789569 or whatsapp 08128859356 thanks
Re: Base Your Criticism On Facts, Saraki Replies Tinubu by leokid866: 8:03pm On Apr 22, 2019
This Man doesn't know that Jagaban with his glasses see's not just through him but past him. He should go to boudilon to collect the facts, Nonsense.
Re: Base Your Criticism On Facts, Saraki Replies Tinubu by Dino98: 8:25pm On Apr 22, 2019
Anonny1:
Fuxck politics. Am heartbroken

Tell me about it...
Re: Base Your Criticism On Facts, Saraki Replies Tinubu by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:32pm On Apr 22, 2019
Richkid97:

He don’t need to be the senate president

Tinubu is your next president

You guys go cry tire
even tinubu know he can't be president...he won't even get apc ticket self...apart from osinbajo fashola fayemi...i don't see anyone from west who is sellable for president...

1 Like

Re: Base Your Criticism On Facts, Saraki Replies Tinubu by Gandollar(f): 8:41pm On Apr 22, 2019
Richkid97:

You guys go cry tire
But you usually don't come out to brag this way when the northern masters say it categorically that thief.nubu can never be president of Nigeria. grin

Stop barking up the wrong tree.

1 Like

Re: Base Your Criticism On Facts, Saraki Replies Tinubu by Gandollar(f): 8:46pm On Apr 22, 2019
olajide8:

What is mesujamba shataki saying again, the budget has been with them since December we are in April soon to enter may 5 months and it has not' been passed, isn't' it obvious who the culprits are? When the wicked rule the innocent are flogged black and blue
Did you read the OP? Even if you didn't, if you were current and intelligent, you would have known that the points raised by Saraki is not new and is in the public domain even before now.

Though my siggy captures you and yours, I still urge you to read it.
Re: Base Your Criticism On Facts, Saraki Replies Tinubu by Gandollar(f): 8:48pm On Apr 22, 2019
leokid866:
This Man doesn't know that Jagaban with his glasses see's not just through him but past him. He should go to boudilon to collect the facts, Nonsense.
Tinubu sees so much and it's not looking good at all. He can't be president.

1 Like

Re: Base Your Criticism On Facts, Saraki Replies Tinubu by EClassicgold(m): 9:09pm On Apr 22, 2019
Take it or leave it. Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is an epitome of leadership. To those who are canvasing for Senator Bukola Saraki ressurgence. They should wake up from their dream. Senator Saraki has gone and he has gone for good. May we never have such a selfish personality in the affair of our nation again. Mind you, I'm not a politician but a revolutionist.
Re: Base Your Criticism On Facts, Saraki Replies Tinubu by Richkid97(m): 9:19pm On Apr 22, 2019
Gandollar:
But you usually don't come out to brag this way when the northern masters say it categorically that thief.nubu can never be president of Nigeria. grin

Stop barking up the wrong tree.

Have you drink Kanu urine today
Re: Base Your Criticism On Facts, Saraki Replies Tinubu by deomelo: 9:21pm On Apr 22, 2019

grin grin grin
Re: Base Your Criticism On Facts, Saraki Replies Tinubu by Gandollar(f): 9:22pm On Apr 22, 2019
Richkid97:

Have you drink Kanu urine today
Diversionary. I'm not disappointed grin
Re: Base Your Criticism On Facts, Saraki Replies Tinubu by lukui: 9:31pm On Apr 22, 2019
he is waving to a train that has already left its station!
you are still talking after losing your seat!!!!
paracetamol after beheading!!!
(in Dbanj s voice) you are gone Saraki, you are gone!!!!
too late!!!!!!
Re: Base Your Criticism On Facts, Saraki Replies Tinubu by olajide8(m): 9:32pm On Apr 22, 2019
Gandollar:
Did you read the OP? Even if you didn't, if you were current and intelligent, you would have known that the points raised by Saraki is not new and is in the public domain even before now.

Though my siggy captures you and yours, I still urge you to read it.

Why do people feign so much ignorance like this? when we say we have a lot of educated illiterates, they would think because they can write a straight sentence they know their left from their right grin grin

na so one talk on another thread that tinubu wants to be president as if he knows the man more then 'the man, lets reach 2021 first to see if it is true, they went on to say he influenced the choice of the tribunal delegates, that the CJN approved as delegated to the president of the court of appeal "in our constitution" to compile, of the list of tribunal members.

now here again. someone thinks he is making so much sense to himself because he feels his point of view is spot on, whereas his brains, abi her brains are under her feet, what backs her faces another, person - what does it take, like what they use to do under previous administrations to give the committees marching orders to do the necessary and pass the thrash, within 30 days well most of the committee chairmen are in the opposition PDP, they were the, ones that support shataki - we are so quick to forget that money for specific roads were reduced, e.g Lagos Ibadan e,expressway and appropriated to local govt roads of some senators and tagged constituency projects, in the budget, if they have forgotten we haven't forgotten and fashola definitely hasn't forgotten, because no one wants to question the true meaning of appropriation, we are also quick to forget or would I say, some people have selective amnesia that when monies are moved from some ministries projects and added or increased above the govt plan it's called padding especially when it doesn't' have equivalent returns to the people-

what is the difference between the committees of the Senate and the senate? Is one outside the structure of the Nass?- rubbish as usual. Is a committee a separate entity from the Senate? -

to whom brain is given, common sense is expected, come to think of it- if the budget is not passed and it was submitted since December, who's responsibility is it to pass it, me? the executive? or 'the same nass?

3 Likes

Re: Base Your Criticism On Facts, Saraki Replies Tinubu by Gandollar(f): 9:57pm On Apr 22, 2019
olajide8:

Why do people feign so much ignorance like this? when we say we have a lot of educated illiterates, they would think because they can write a straight sentence they know their left from their right grin grin

na so one talk on another thread that tinubu wants to be president as if he knows the man more then 'the man, lets reach 2021 first to see if it is true, they went on to say he influenced the choice of the tribunal delegates, that the CJN approved as delegated to the president of the court of appeal "in our constitution" to compile, of the list of tribunal members.

now here again. someone thinks he is making so much sense to himself because he feels his point of view is spot on, whereas his brains, abi her brains are under her feet, what backs her faces another, person - what does it take, like what they use to do under previous administrations to give the committees marching orders to do the necessary and pass the thrash, within 30 days well most of the committee chairmen are in the opposition PDP, they were the, ones that support shataki - we are so quick to forget that money for specific roads were reduced, e.g Lagos Ibadan e,expressway and appropriated to local govt roads of some senators and tagged constituency projects, in the budget, if they have forgotten we haven't forgotten and fashola definitely hasn't forgotten, because no one wants to question the true meaning of appropriation, we are also quick to forget or would I say, some people have selective amnesia that when monies are moved from some ministries projects and added or increased above the govt plan it's called padding especially when it doesn't' have equivalent returns to the people-

what is the difference between the committees of the Senate and the senate? Is one outside the structure of the Nass?- rubbish as usual. Is a committee a separate entity from the Senate? -

to whom brain is given, common sense is expected, come to think of it- if the budget is not passed and it was submitted since December, who's responsibility is it to pass it, me? the executive? or 'the same nass?
Trash!!

It's on record that MDA's were reprimanded even by the lifeless Sudanese for not showing up on time to defend their budgets.

If Fashola was sufficiently convinced that funds for his projects were unjustly reduced, why didn't he go to court, or are the Nass under imunity?

Padding is a notorious habit of all involved in the budget process especially the executive arm who year in year out sneak in the same items budgeted for in previous years under same and disguised headings.

Man or woman, I'm a woman. You are free to question your weak manhood on why a lady can be this audacious! cool
Your call!
Re: Base Your Criticism On Facts, Saraki Replies Tinubu by searchlight: 10:08pm On Apr 22, 2019
IvarTheTerrible:
grin

Saraki is still butt-sore tongue

Tinubu taught him a bitter lesson - NEVER play Chess like Checkers tongue

He mentioned the name "TINUBU" at least 50x in this epistle grin
it is on record that the two were former governors while one was the chairman of governors forum and later the president of the senate. when chips are down we will never here of national leader or whatever nonsense they answer. I'd be senate president for four years than being national leader for 100 years lolssss
Re: Base Your Criticism On Facts, Saraki Replies Tinubu by searchlight: 10:11pm On Apr 22, 2019
PearlStreet:
Lol
Them don humble Saraki.

No be this idiot say e dey come teach Lagos Pdp how to defeat Tinubu and those flatheaded beasts of no Nation from the barren land dey jump about?

How markate?
in the echelon of political positions in Nigeria saraki is way higher than Tinubu. though both were former governors while the other is the president of Nigerian senate. beat that if you can

1 Like

Re: Base Your Criticism On Facts, Saraki Replies Tinubu by searchlight: 10:14pm On Apr 22, 2019
Richkid97:

You guys go cry tire
indeed president of Lagos Nigeria hahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Base Your Criticism On Facts, Saraki Replies Tinubu by olajide8(m): 10:21pm On Apr 22, 2019
Gandollar:
Trash!!

It's on record that MDA's were reprimanded even by the lifeless Sudanese for not showing up on time to defend their budgets.

If Fashola was sufficiently convinced that funds for his projects were unjustly reduced, why didn't he go to court, or are the Nass under imunity?

Padding is a notorious habit of all involved in the budget process especially the executive arm who year in year out sneak in the same items budgeted for in previous years under same and disguised headings.

Man or woman, I'm a woman. You are free to question your weak manhood on why a lady can be this audacious! cool
Your call!

Eheya mother of 2moro - audacity ko audaciousness ni, I did rather' you put it in the proper' context- myopicity, well it's good when women talk, the only thing is that most of the time when they don't' know anything about an issue, they take a position and hold tight to the position, and when they hate they hate unjustifiable, without any reason- trying to sway the issue of padding or' trying to apportion it to the 2 parties shows the lack of knowledge, as I said earlier the executive is supposed to saddled with the responsibility of drafting the budget, let them pad it, the Nass is supposed to prune it- identify the padding and slash the funds where necessary back, that is what is called appropriation - but instead they instead abrogate powErs and want to draft the budget increase figures and allocate funds and say they are appropriating.

Like I said, it's either selective amnesia or pure unadulterated ignorance you feign, fashola and bubu refused the budget 2ce on one of the occasion the president actually had to sign off on the 3rd presentation not to long ago, and they didn't fund that aspect where the Nass padded the budget, and yes its on record MDA's were reprimanded but what was the reason they gave then? The senators wanted contracts, bribes in exchange for passing or increasing the MDA's budget of recent they did it for the current nafdac DG professor adeyeye
Re: Base Your Criticism On Facts, Saraki Replies Tinubu by searchlight: 10:23pm On Apr 22, 2019
EClassicgold:

Take it or leave it. Asiwaju Bola Ahmed
Tinubu is an epitome of leadership.
To those who are canvasing for Senator
Bukola Saraki ressurgence. They should
wake up from their dream. Senator
Saraki has gone and he has gone for
good.
May we never have such a selfish
personality in the affair of our nation
again.
Mind you, I'm not a politician but a
revolutionist.
whatever you claim to be. Tinubu will only dream to achieve that which Saraki is enjoying. the highest tinubu can be is national leader nonsense but holding a political office in Nigeria is a no no.
Re: Base Your Criticism On Facts, Saraki Replies Tinubu by searchlight: 10:32pm On Apr 22, 2019
lukui:
he is waving to a train that has already left its station!

you are still talking after losing your seat!!!!

paracetamol after beheading!!!

(in Dbanj s voice) you are gone Saraki, you are gone!!!!

too late!!!!!!
maybe gone but he rose to enviable height of SP against all odds. Tinubu would have jumped at that given the opportunity. at least saraki is a former governor, chairman of governors forum and senate president, how many Nigerian politicians were able to achieve that? not even your god tinubu. if saraki retires today, the history book of Nigeria can never forget him. remember tinubu is just a former governor just like Chinwoke Mbadinuju lolssss I know you won't know who's chinwoke mbadinuju. that's how tinubu would be forgotten once APC ceases to exist or left power
Re: Base Your Criticism On Facts, Saraki Replies Tinubu by PopsiAde: 10:56pm On Apr 22, 2019
Anonny1:
Fuxck politics. Am heartbroken
So sorry to learn about it. It is definitely more important than the matter on ground.
Re: Base Your Criticism On Facts, Saraki Replies Tinubu by BiafraIsFree: 11:26pm On Apr 22, 2019
Are these two criminals Nigerians by birth or were they not born before the birth of Nigeria the zoo?

Re: Base Your Criticism On Facts, Saraki Replies Tinubu by IvarTheTerrible: 3:54am On Apr 23, 2019
searchlight:
it is on record that the two were former governors while one was the chairman of governors forum and later the president of the senate. when chips are down we will never here of national leader or whatever nonsense they answer. I'd be senate president for four years than being national leader for 100 years lolssss

Eyah. One has been relevant since 1999. Is still relevant today. Relevant till 2023.....at the VERY LEAST.

The other is a pariah in his state, his name carries so much stigma that ALL his candidates lost the elections. He is worrying about the Governor who might probe him to Hell.

If you can not be smart enough to understand the simple logic i just described, it's not surprising your folks followed a foolish scammer like Kanu... we quietly, logically told you guys he was an idiot in 2016, you guys refused till it became crystal clear in 2019. We also told you about Ojukwu that he didn't give a shiit.....he sacrificed 3 million for suya, ran away and came back to contest in Nigerian elections! grin grin grin

You were one of those shouting Biafura! Biafura!. Atiku promised Obi Houseboy position and you sacrificed your dreams to be slaves.... You were one of those doing those stupid Nairaland polls Like for Atiku Share for Dullard. We also warned you then, we know how that played out.

When will you guys grow sense? When will you guys sit down and learn from smart folks if not naturally blessed with intelligence? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Base Your Criticism On Facts, Saraki Replies Tinubu by Danwakae(m): 3:57am On Apr 23, 2019
THEY ARE ALL THIEVES

TINUBU WILL FACE HIS WATERLOO IN 2023

WE ARE WAITING FOR HIM IN THE NORTH

PMB GAT 7LIVES LIKE THAT OF A CAT
Re: Base Your Criticism On Facts, Saraki Replies Tinubu by jokotus: 7:24am On Apr 23, 2019
Tinubu Dad area boy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Supreme Court Fixes Tuesday For Zamfara State Judgment Review. / CBN: Cardoso, Deputy-Governors take oath of Office / Your Committee On Restructuring Has No Igbo Leader – Muslim Group Blasts APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.