Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,727 members, 7,851,488 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:38 PM

Halo:reach Breaks Record. Grosses $200 Million On Day 1! - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Halo:reach Breaks Record. Grosses $200 Million On Day 1! (2846 Views)

PS4 Breaks Record, Becomes Fastest Selling Console In The UK / Grand Theft Auto 5 Breaks Seven World Records. / Halo 3 Wallpaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Halo:reach Breaks Record. Grosses $200 Million On Day 1! by texazzpete(m): 5:13pm On Sep 23, 2010
kosovo:

it's a plesure to quote you today, where actually have you being?? ve searched everywhere for this femaleGamer . . . cheesy grin

wow . .  Halo reach feels just the same, nothing but revision . . . it's all good . . . a money making franchise. But i hate FPS. .

Troll, much?
Good to know you'll hate Killzone 3 grin
Re: Halo:reach Breaks Record. Grosses $200 Million On Day 1! by Mobinga: 6:15pm On Sep 23, 2010
^^^ grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin lol
Re: Halo:reach Breaks Record. Grosses $200 Million On Day 1! by kosovo(m): 1:16am On Sep 24, 2010
texazzpete:

Troll, much?
Good to know you'll hate Killzone 3 grin
Not far from the truth, i never enjoyed killzone2 that much . . .
Re: Halo:reach Breaks Record. Grosses $200 Million On Day 1! by texazzpete(m): 6:50am On Sep 24, 2010
kosovo:

Not far from the truth, i never enjoyed killzone2 that much . . .

SO in summary, you're saying that Killzone 2 and 3 are just more of the same crap, eh?
Please respond. I need a quote for posterity grin
Re: Halo:reach Breaks Record. Grosses $200 Million On Day 1! by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 24, 2010
[size=28pt]Bleep you microsoft [/size]

bring the rest of the halo franchise to the pc for crying out loud . we promise to to pirate them . . .too much
Re: Halo:reach Breaks Record. Grosses $200 Million On Day 1! by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 24, 2010
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killzone

Development

Killzone was announced in 2003 and early began receiving hype when video game websites began releasing previews and rumors about the game, having been dubbed a "Halo-killer". Upon release, the game received average reviews,[1] with frame rate issues, jumpy controls, and glitches being cited as problems.[2]
Wiki letter w.svg This section requires expansion.
[edit] Reception
Reviews Publication Score
PSM

9.5 of 10[3]
Game Revolution

Grade C[4]
GameSpot

6.9 of 10[5]
Gaming Target

8.4 out of 10[6]
IGN

7.5 of 10[2]
Official PlayStation 2 Magazine UK

9 out of 10 (previous score)

7 out of 10 (flashback score)
Review compilations
Game Rankings

73% (based on 80 reviews)[1]
Metacritic

70/100 (based on 67 reviews)[7]

Killzone received mixed reviews from magazines and websites. Reviewers cited technical problems with Killzone, including inconsistent AI,[2] occasional bugs, frame-rate issues, distracting graphical glitches,[2] repetition of the same voices,[5] short draw distance, and an awkward control system. Critics also complained about the gameplay, with IGN labeling it "underwhelming and mediocre"[2] and Into Liquid Sky stating that it "needs more refinement".[8] PSM stated that Killzone is "Graphically stunning and hits the mark in so many ways, it's baffling; they promised us we'd experience future war, and we have, and come away shaking."[9] In light of these problems, reviewers such as GameSpy commented that Killzone was not the "Halo killer" that it had been previously hyped as before its release.[6][10] On the positive side, Killzone was admired for its sound effects, its soundtrack, and its presentation of a gritty war zone [2]; it was also credited for its unique hard sci-fi art design.[10]

so much for the 'halo killer' sad
Re: Halo:reach Breaks Record. Grosses $200 Million On Day 1! by kosovo(m): 4:52pm On Sep 24, 2010
texazzpete:

SO in summary, you're saying that Killzone 2 and 3 are just more of the same crap, eh?
Please respond. I need a quote for posterity grin
Personally, i did not enjoy the game, but the physic and graphic is nothing the industry has ever seen. Halo reach didn't even get close!
Re: Halo:reach Breaks Record. Grosses $200 Million On Day 1! by echowords(m): 12:02am On Apr 02, 2011
still havent played it, dont think i'll be playing this one till we get reliable fast internet services in naija, but i heard it's the best halo in the whole franchise!! how true is dat (i've played and finished all the previous halo games cept halo wars.)
Re: Halo:reach Breaks Record. Grosses $200 Million On Day 1! by ritchboy(m): 9:28am On Apr 03, 2011
^^ I think Halo 2 was the "defining" Halo title. Obviously by today's standards Reach is the "best".

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria National Team Added On D New Fifa17 / Psp Repair Guide / Who Remembers This Game (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.