Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,678 members, 7,955,506 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:48 AM

Lagos Policemen Lament Non-payment Of Election Duty Allowances - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Policemen Lament Non-payment Of Election Duty Allowances (5920 Views)

Soldiers In Zungeru Lament Non-Payment Of 3 Months Allowance - Sahara Reporters / Lagos Policemen Block Ojuelegba Road, Point Guns At Motorists / Staff Of Atiku’s Radio, TV Stations Lament Non-payment Of Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Policemen Lament Non-payment Of Election Duty Allowances by chidima2019: 2:16am On Apr 24, 2019
Policemen attached to the Pedro Police Station, Somolu, have lamented the non-payment of their allowances for the 2019 General Elections.

Akelicious gathered that the allowances, which were for election duties, had been paid to policemen in other formations and divisions.

However, cops attached to the Pedro division were said to have been sidelined in the payment.

One of the affected policemen said no one had explained what went wrong to them.

He said, “There are 11 divisions under Area H Command and only Pedro division has not been paid. The allowances for election duties were supposed to be paid once into our accounts. But in our division, from the DPO to the last constable, nobody has received a dime.

“The officers among us are entitled to N85,000, while the rank and file are entitled to N35,000. We are more than 100 in number. We have done all they asked us to do and everybody is already fed up. In the whole of Lagos State, we are the only division that has not been paid. In other states, it may just be a few names being skipped in a division.”

A sergeant appealed to the government not to deny them their rights.

He said, “The President claims to be fighting corruption, yet we are being denied our legitimate earnings. We have been quiet about it for fear of being intimidated. The total amount that is to be remitted to our division is about N8m.

“What we learnt was that the allowance was supposed to be paid by the Integrated Payroll and Personal Information System; we just don’t know what went wrong. We even informed the mother of the Vice President who lives within our division with the hope that our matter will receive urgent attention, but we still have not got anything. We are fed up.”

The state Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Bala Elkana, said the non-payment of the allowances was caused by a glitch in the system.

The PPRO added that the policemen would be paid as soon as the issue was resolved.

He said, “I don’t think the issue is peculiar to Pedro Police Station alone. Majority have got their payment, only a few officers have not received theirs. We have taken the complaint to Abuja because the payment was controlled centrally.

“The officer in charge of salaries is in Abuja at the moment with the complaint. The feedback I got from him was that there was a failure of the payment platform; the money hanged. So, they are reconciling with the Central Bank of Nigeria and once that is done, they will get their payment.

“In Lagos, Pedro division personnel were mostly affected and a few personnel from the task force. There was also a circular from the Inspector-General of Police recently, saying that all commands should compile the names of those affected so that it could be rectified. This is not a mistake from anybody or a deliberate action. It is a system failure; so the money has not gone to anybody.”

https://punchng.com/lagos-policemen-lament-non-payment-of-election-duty-allowances/amp/

Re: Lagos Policemen Lament Non-payment Of Election Duty Allowances by sarrki(m): 2:36am On Apr 24, 2019
After all the bribe they got?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Policemen Lament Non-payment Of Election Duty Allowances by matify83: 2:58am On Apr 24, 2019
Holding the short end of the stick as usual.

All rank and file of that police division are not in the right frame of mind to bare arms until their allowances are cleared please.

To be fore warned is to be fore armed

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Policemen Lament Non-payment Of Election Duty Allowances by Dadurty(m): 4:21am On Apr 24, 2019
The money they realised through stop and search is sufficient for them.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Policemen Lament Non-payment Of Election Duty Allowances by Owaincouncil: 4:28am On Apr 24, 2019
They should go and get it through patrol.
Re: Lagos Policemen Lament Non-payment Of Election Duty Allowances by Nobody: 4:28am On Apr 24, 2019
While the Police brutality can't be denied, it can't also be denied that we Nigerian failed to accord the Police with due respect.

THE NIGERIAN POLICE TOO ARE HUMANS

* The Nigerian Police are humans like Nigerians are, the Police officers pays house rent just like you and I does.
* The Nigerian Police pays their children's school fees just Nigerian parents does.
* The Nigerian Police feeds himself/herself just like average Nigerians strive to feed themselves and their Families.
* The only difference between we and the Nigerian Police is the uniform.
* A Nigerian Police faces the same challenges Nigerians faces daily.
* How much are Nigerian Police paid & when do they get paid?
* Is the treatment of the Nigerian Police in the hands of our Government the best? [/b]

[i] Yes! The Nigerian Police are corrupt, they receive bribes in broad daylight, but they are no different from the School "Headmasters, Principals, Rectors, Vice Chancellors" who steals from the Nigerian Purse by receiving salaries of Ghost Workers.

Yes! The Nigerian Police are corrupt, they receives bribes in broad daylight, but they are no different from the Parents who encourages their children into examination malpractices, the Nigerian Police are no different from the Parents who registers their children into the so-called special centres. What do you expect the child to become after graduation? A Patriotic & honest President?
No Doubt! The Police have been Brutal & Corrupt.

Read The Story of my Police Friend, Michael.

I have a friend whose name is Micheal, he's a Nigerian Police Officer, myself & Micheal became friends in the year 2011 when he was serving in my town of Origin "Ilese Ijebu", Ogun State, Nigeria. I was off town when Michael was transferred from Ogun to Kano in the year 2013, as a grown up guy, he started his family whilst his wife and 2 children. Michael did laments during our discussions about how tough it is to sustain his family with the token he receives as a Police Officer. Not too long after, in the year 2016, Michael was transferred from Kano to Lagos within a 24hours ultimatum without provision of shelter and other basic needs for the Officer. Fine, we must survive even though our political setup is bad, within 24 hours, Michael hurriedly left his wife & children for Lagos where he must be on duty by 4pm the next day. Michael made it to Lagos, with no time for him to rest and reboot his system he assumed his duty by 4pm on road checkpoints.

Officer Micheal, who was yet to rest from an unprepared & stressful journey was howled with insults and curses on the road by Nigerians who he was doing his best to serve even in the midst of his own uncomfortability. Just because he was playing his duty by asking for necessary legal papers from car uses, he was ushered with swear words and curses, Michael became furious and tired... to be Continued.

In the case of Michael, what do you expect him to do?
Everyone seems to be victims in our Nation of today, even our Police Officers are victims of trolls and bullies from frustrated and wicked Nigerians.

Cursing and Swearing at the Police Officers won't curb the brutality and corruption reigning in the Force, this myopic and unhealthy reactions by the Nigerian citizens will only deepen the menace carried out by our Police. We must understand their situation before we judge them, you may not understand until you become a Police Officer or meet someone who is a Police Officer who will state his ordeals a Nigerian Police, maybe then you all will understand better.

NIGERIANS DESERVES BETTER
THE NIGERIAN POLICE TOO DESERVES BETTER

BLAME OUR GOVERNMENT, NOT THE POLICE.

God Bless Nigeria.
God Bless Nigerians.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Policemen Lament Non-payment Of Election Duty Allowances by JudgeOGBUNABALI(m): 4:42am On Apr 24, 2019
Did they deliver their polling units?
Re: Lagos Policemen Lament Non-payment Of Election Duty Allowances by fatymore(f): 4:49am On Apr 24, 2019
I have not been paid too...

I am serving corp member...

I am tired already, sending statement if account and writing down account details severally.

Inec Edakun EPP me

1 Like

Re: Lagos Policemen Lament Non-payment Of Election Duty Allowances by dheaven: 4:58am On Apr 24, 2019
fatymore:
I have not been paid too...

I am serving corp member...

I am tired already, sending statement if account and writing down account details severally.

Inec Edakun EPP me
Maybe you did not deliver your poling unit. Corruption is eating deep in Naija and you suppose to know that. God help us.
Re: Lagos Policemen Lament Non-payment Of Election Duty Allowances by Chinashopping84: 5:04am On Apr 24, 2019
This is the only country in the word where things are done in an unorganised way.
Re: Lagos Policemen Lament Non-payment Of Election Duty Allowances by chriskosherbal(m): 5:07am On Apr 24, 2019
Nigeria sef ....is well oh

Check out my signature.
Re: Lagos Policemen Lament Non-payment Of Election Duty Allowances by dele2k4(m): 5:24am On Apr 24, 2019
I pray this is done promptly so that they will face their primary duties squarely,God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Policemen Lament Non-payment Of Election Duty Allowances by Jason007: 5:37am On Apr 24, 2019
it's a real shame we don't have respect for ourselves and the society at large. whoever is holding their money is as wicked as the trigger happy police.
Re: Lagos Policemen Lament Non-payment Of Election Duty Allowances by MrMoney55: 5:53am On Apr 24, 2019
theres no need paying them the one Tinubu gave them and MC OLUOMO is enough i thank God we buy from the same market if ur loyalty is to an individual instead of the country we are in it together
dele2k4:
I pray this is done promptly so that they will face their primary duties squarely,God bless Nigeria.
Re: Lagos Policemen Lament Non-payment Of Election Duty Allowances by GregNl: 6:07am On Apr 24, 2019
Failed nation
Re: Lagos Policemen Lament Non-payment Of Election Duty Allowances by anochuko01(m): 6:24am On Apr 24, 2019
And the newly promoted senior officers have been told to pay money to write exam for the confirmation of their rank...thats after slashing over 50k from their allowance and salary...
Re: Lagos Policemen Lament Non-payment Of Election Duty Allowances by Hotzone(m): 6:39am On Apr 24, 2019
Police in Nigeria are being cared for hence, the corruption
Re: Lagos Policemen Lament Non-payment Of Election Duty Allowances by backT(m): 7:03am On Apr 24, 2019
MrMoney55:
theres no need paying them the one Tinubu gave them and MC OLUOMO is enough i thank God we buy from the same market if ur loyalty is to an individual instead of the country we are in it together
Your type of loyalty to a country is voting for Mr Corruption and his party abi? PDP LOYALIST EVERY WHERE.
Re: Lagos Policemen Lament Non-payment Of Election Duty Allowances by DieselGen: 7:22am On Apr 24, 2019
oduademoner:
Election duty is part of their patriotic responsibility.

In a sane and organized society...
Re: Lagos Policemen Lament Non-payment Of Election Duty Allowances by Jaqenhghar: 7:31am On Apr 24, 2019
SunnyskyTG:
While the Police brutality can't be denied, it can't also be denied that we Nigerian failed to accord the Police with due respect.

* The Nigerian Police are humans like Nigerians are, the Police officers pays house rent just like you and I does.
* The Nigerian Police pays their children's school fees just Nigerian parents does.
* The Nigerian Police feeds himself/herself just like average Nigerians strive to feed themselves and their Families.
* Is the treatment of the Nigerian Police in the hands of our Government the best?[/b]

[i]Yes! The Nigerian Police are corrupt, they receive bribes in broad daylight, but they are no different from the School "Headmasters, Principals, Rectors, Vice Chanselors" who steals from the Nigerian Purse by receiving salaries of Ghost Workers.

Yes! The Nigerian Police are corrupt, they receives bribes in broad daylight, but they are no different from the Parents who encourages their children into examination malpractices, the Nigerian Police are no different from the Parents who registers their children into the so-called special centres. What do you expect the child to become after graduation? A Patriotic & honest President?

I have a friend whose name is Micheal, he's a Nigerian Police Officer, myself & Micheal became friends in the year 2011 when he was serving in my town of Origin "Ilese Ijebu", Ogun State, Nigeria. I was off town when Michael was transferred from Ogun to Kano in the year 2013, as a grown up guy, he started his family whilst his wife and 2 children. Michael did laments during our discussions about how tough it is to sustain his family with the token he receives as a Police Officer. Not too long after, in the year 2016, Michael was transferred from Kano to Lagos within a 24hours ultimatum without provision of shelter and other basic needs for the Officer. Fine, we must survive even though our political setup is bad, within 24 hours, Michael hurriedly left his wife & children for Lagos where he must be on duty by 4pm the next day. Michael made it to Lagos, with no time for him to rest and reboot his system he assumed his duty by 4pm on road checkpoints.

Officer Micheal, who was yet to rest from an unprepared & stressful journey was howled with insults and curses on the road by Nigerians who he was doing his best to serve even in the midst of his own uncomfortability. Just because he was playing his duty by asking for necessary legal papers from car uses, he was ushered with swear words and curses, Michael became furious and tired... to be Continued.

Everyone seems to be victims in our Nation of today, even our Police Officers are victims of trolls and bullies from frustrated and wicked Nigerians.

Cursing and Swearing at the Police Officers won't curb the brutality and corruption reigning in the Force, this myopic and unhealthy reactions by the Nigerian citizens will only deepen the menace carried out by our Police. We must understand their situation before we judge them, you may not understand until you become a Police Officer or meet someone who is a Police Officer who will state his ordeals a Nigerian Police, maybe then you all will understand better.

God Bless Nigeria.
God Bless Nigerians.
Now you want to make excuses for people who dobt want to do their jobs. SMH. Una need deliverance I swear

1 Like

Re: Lagos Policemen Lament Non-payment Of Election Duty Allowances by Vacora(m): 7:31am On Apr 24, 2019
Zero sympathy
Re: Lagos Policemen Lament Non-payment Of Election Duty Allowances by davillian(m): 7:37am On Apr 24, 2019
You have no right.
because you always let the citizens know they have no rights.
Back to the matter I really don't care fork d police.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Policemen Lament Non-payment Of Election Duty Allowances by Nobody: 7:38am On Apr 24, 2019
God is punishin u guys in his own way:
Oya go and THIEFnibu to pay u.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Policemen Lament Non-payment Of Election Duty Allowances by Tedassie(m): 7:58am On Apr 24, 2019
Corpers nko wey dem never pay
Re: Lagos Policemen Lament Non-payment Of Election Duty Allowances by anonymous1759(m): 7:58am On Apr 24, 2019
sarrki:
After all the bribe they got?

Na you bribe them abi? Na all this frustration dey make police dey misbehave
Re: Lagos Policemen Lament Non-payment Of Election Duty Allowances by Cocolatti(m): 8:49am On Apr 24, 2019
It's not only The Police. I worked as an Ad-hoc staff during the elections in CHIKUN LGA in Kaduna and up to this moment many of us have not been paid the 18k for the Presidential and Governorship election.
Re: Lagos Policemen Lament Non-payment Of Election Duty Allowances by SarkinYarki: 8:51am On Apr 24, 2019
After helping Buhari to rig elections !!! they should enjoy their next level jare
Re: Lagos Policemen Lament Non-payment Of Election Duty Allowances by neonly: 9:44am On Apr 24, 2019
SunnyskyTG:

* Is the treatment of the Nigerian Police in the hands of our Government the best? [/b]

[i] Yes! The Nigerian Police are corrupt, they receive bribes in broad daylight, but they are no different from the School "Headmasters, Principals, Rectors, Vice Chancellors" who steals from the Nigerian Purse by receiving salaries of Ghost Workers.

God Bless Nigeria.
God Bless Nigerians.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is This Real Or A Scam? / Warri Both In Biafra And Oduduwa Map / Politics, Governance and Economy: How Do These Affect IGR Of States?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.